PDA

View Full Version : Meta Placements question

sharalex
23-08-09, 22:09
I am using the latest free Meta version and there seems to be an issue with the placement of dxf objects that have been exported from Meta in the TRNG editor (using latest version of the dll). I'm not sure whether this is a meta setting that I've got wrong somewhere, or whether it's a TRNG issue. When I place an object, for example the block in the picture below, the red square is where I clicked to place it, but you can see that it has ended up partly below the floor and partly through the wall 1.5 squares to the left and one forward of where I where I want it to be. Does anyone know how this can be resolved? I've not had this problem previously. :confused:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4185/misplacedbox2.th.png (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/misplacedbox2.png/)

KurtisandLara
23-08-09, 22:18
Can you package the DXF for me i would like to take a look at it in Meta to see how you have it placed and the settings.

aktrekker
23-08-09, 22:51
In meta you need to make sure the origin is at the center of the object.
And what slot did you place the object in?

sharalex
24-08-09, 00:44
In meta you need to make sure the origin is at the center of the object.
And what slot did you place the object in?

Good point, aktrekker. It's in an animating slot. Now that you remind me, I think I may have experienced this before with objects in the animating slots - do we know why this happens? (Please don't tell me it's well documented!)

@ KurtisandLara - Thanks. I'm at work at present and can't send it until later, but I am confident that it's center is 0,0,0.

KurtisandLara
24-08-09, 00:50
Nah its not, Try looking at the animation 0 of the obect in wadmergers animation editor.
The animation 0 will change where the object is in the map.
for instance if you moved that box 2 squares to the right in the animation editor on frame 0 then ingame that box will sit 2 squares from where you want it. make sure its exactly in the middle of the animation editor.
Does this animating object have any animations?

sharalex
24-08-09, 06:52
@ KurtisandLara; Okay, there are no animations. I opened the object in wadmerger and Animation 0 is sitting "off centre" so I have moved it back to the centre in Wadmerger and resaved the wad. Thank you, that has worked perfectly. Hadn't used the Animation Manager much before but it's all good! :tmb:

KurtisandLara
24-08-09, 07:04
Glad its working, and glad i could help :)