PDA

View Full Version : About Animating objects

badgirl
24-08-09, 07:27
A couple of questions about the "Animating" objects:
1) It seems that an animating is visible only if it is placed in the same room as Lara (or a camera, if you want look at it trough a fly-by sequence). If the object leaves the room and enter in a door-connected one, it is still visible, but, if Lara enter in the same room (or another door-connected one), the object disappear, or, more exactly, it is visible only in certain conditions (rotation or distance of the point of view, I guess).
Unfortunately I couldn't understand what these conditions are, so I can't manage an animating object between several rooms (I wanted to make a fly-by sequence on a vehicle running on a circuit, covering a minimum of 3 rooms).
2) It is possible to trigger somethig by an "Animating" object (i.e.: a car wich stops in front to a gate and opens it)? I tried with the HEAVY trigger, but it seems not to work.

Titak
24-08-09, 14:01
So very true. :(
And I don't know of a solution, if there is any that is...

If you are using flyby camera's you could make the cameras trigger the heavy triggers. The codebit button 14 in the OCB of the flyby camera should then be clicked.

-Roli-
24-08-09, 14:03
I have a problem too. :)
I have an animation (for Lara) but when she doing that anim ingame, she can't move anymore, just if I press the roll button. :) Very annoying, somebody can help me? :)

Titak
24-08-09, 14:08
Do you mean she sort of freezes and becomes completely still or that you can't controll her anymore while she is performing the animation?

-Roli-
24-08-09, 14:10
Do you mean she sort of freezes and becomes completely still or that you can't controll her anymore while she is performing the animation?

Yep :)

Titak
24-08-09, 14:11
Which one is it? Freezing or no controll over Lara?
Or is it both?

Anyway, how did you "trigger" the animation?

-Roli-
24-08-09, 14:12
Which one is it? Freezing or no controll over Lara?
Or is it both?

Anyway, how did you "trigger" the animation?

No controll over Lara. No, its the standing anim and after an new look around anim, but when the look around anim starts, i can't control Lara anymore. :)

Titak
24-08-09, 14:23
The look around animation is not in the same slot as the standing animation (animation 103) then, is it?
Well, this new animation will not have the numerous StateID changes that animation 103 has. And Lara will not respond to any keys pressed because of this.

And the problem is that adding the StateID changes to this new animation will not work either. There are only a couple of stateID changes that can be added to new animations but I can't remember which they are. The StateID change to make Lara start running for example will not work.

With a lot of TRNG scripting it will be possible "enable" Lara control for your look around animation. But it'll be a lot of work, since you need a correct Animation= script line for every animation that is present in the StateID changes list of animation 103.

How about you just add the look around animation to animation 103?
You'll only have to change the High Frame in the StateID changes list then.

-Roli-
24-08-09, 14:29
I try it, thank you very much, you are VERY kind :hug:

Tombraider95
24-08-09, 14:42
Isnt she just the best :D

Kevin
24-08-09, 15:02
1) It seems that an animating is visible only if it is placed in the same room as Lara (or a camera, if you want look at it trough a fly-by sequence). If the object leaves the room and enter in a door-connected one, it is still visible, but, if Lara enter in the same room (or another door-connected one), the object disappear, or, more exactly, it is visible only in certain conditions (rotation or distance of the point of view, I guess).
Unfortunately I couldn't understand what these conditions are, so I can't manage an animating object between several rooms (I wanted to make a fly-by sequence on a vehicle running on a circuit, covering a minimum of 3 rooms).

The solution is simple. Place the object in the other room as well so it covers the object you placed first.
Splitting the object would also be a solution that requires a bit effort of course.

Titak
24-08-09, 16:52
That might indeed work as I did that with some static objects recently. :D

However, you can't place an object too far outside a room and that's just what might have to be done if you want them to appear on top of each other. :confused:
Still, it is worth a try, because splitting the object and it's animations will be quite a hassle.

Kevin
24-08-09, 17:27
However, you can't place an object too far outside a room and that's just what might have to be done if you want them to appear on top of each other.

That's sadly true.

But if we are talking about horizontal door connections, then this method works like a charme. :D
Just one thing you have to keep in mind, if the object has semi-transparent faces it won't work that well. Because regarding the direction and position you will see one or both objects at time and if both objects are there semi-transparent textures won't be semi-transparent anymore... hard to explain. :o