PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Anniversary Retold Part 2 Prequel

*PH*
24-08-09, 22:34
Hi,
this level was originally a bonus level but i made it to a prequel for TRAR2
it includes cut stuff and cuts from TRAR and i wanted to use that.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ukycia

matrix54
24-08-09, 22:51
:cln: oooooooh!!

Kevin
24-08-09, 23:02
Is there any way to get into this crawl space...?
Lara don't get into it... like there is an invisible wall.:confused:

http://www.abload.de/img/bugrecs.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=bugrecs.jpg)

matrix54
24-08-09, 23:05
NVM

Kevin: press sprint while crouching :p

God Horus
24-08-09, 23:21
Downloading :cln:

I have big big hopes for the full TRAR2, and this :)

Kevin
24-08-09, 23:22
Thanks. A tip in the readme would have been useful.
I got the silver ball but what is it for? The Raising Block behind sank before I used it. :confused:

trlestew
24-08-09, 23:27
Very atsmospheric! :D

but what do i do with the crank?

KyleCroft
24-08-09, 23:27
Its alright. Texturing is OK.

Why in your games tho are there always impossible jumps?

God Horus
24-08-09, 23:31
A PH level isn't a PH level without impossible jumps, poleropes and sexy animations :ohn:

j/k

matrix54
24-08-09, 23:37
Very atsmospheric! :D

but what do i do with the crank?

use it on the well (the nub) and after the lovely animation, take the key from the bucket. and no I do not know why a crank was in a hole covered by what I believe to be a shell.

Kapu
24-08-09, 23:41
Downloading right now! :D Should take about 20 minutes. I wish my internet was faster.

Kevin
24-08-09, 23:55
What to do here.
http://www.abload.de/img/1qgrq.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=1qgrq.jpg)

EDIT
Got it, not sure it was the right way, though...

Finished. Have you played your level after you built it?

laralives
24-08-09, 23:59
Just an idea...jump? XD J/K maybe you can grab the ledge at the bottom and jump backwards at the bottom? :/

Kapu
25-08-09, 01:01
I'm already stuck. What do I need to light with the torch at the very beginning?

laralives
25-08-09, 01:15
Shoot the shell first, get the crank to get the key...More will follow :)

Kapu
25-08-09, 01:24
Oh, thank you. :)

EDIT: PH, I'm getting sick of the game crashing everytime I die. Can you fix the load camera coordinates and the release the updated script files?

PullingApart
25-08-09, 06:28
I can't play it....it's a rar file....:(

mudkip25
25-08-09, 06:33
I can't play it....it's a rar file....:(

Download Winzip, rar files are one of the essential things editors use to transport files.

!Lara Croft!
25-08-09, 06:39
Downloading right now! :D Should take about 20 minutes. I wish my internet was faster.

I wish my internet was faster too so that i dont have to wait 20 hours.

TR FAN 18
25-08-09, 07:33
ARGH! Sendspace's crappy speeds make me want to throw the router out the window! :hea:
8 minutes.

EDIT: Downloaded

EDIT 2: What do I do in the room with the lightning?

Matie
25-08-09, 11:59
I got stuck in the Key to the Folly level. I've got the torch and lit it - I don't know what to light with it..:confused:

*PH*
25-08-09, 12:59
@Kevin
of course i tested it:confused:
just jump over the spikes and grab the ledge (timing is a bit hard though)

@matrix
wheres ur problem getting into the crawlspace? just shoot the blocking object and u can get in

ggctuk
25-08-09, 13:01
Do you use the same key in each game for DOZY? I bumped the Q button in game and it activated the flycheat. I'm sure that wasn't supposed to be left activated though.

TR FAN 18
25-08-09, 13:02
I've used the key and then pulled a switch to open a door and there's several bolts of lightning. I cannot see what to do. I found some arrows and thats it.

*PH*
25-08-09, 13:03
go through the lightning and light the object at the other side

Kevin
25-08-09, 13:07
@ PH
I tried several times to jump but as soon as I grab the ledge the spikes beneath are killing me. It is impossible this way.

The reason I asked if you played it is because there are a few serious bugs (At the end I still had the silver ball in my inventory, Timed jump switch doesn't reset -> Dead End) which could have been avoided easily.

*PH*
25-08-09, 13:11
ooh the jumpswitch
i had the resetting before
i replaced before the final converting
i forgot tht this doesnt reset
ill change that for trle.net

about the menu crashing
the script has the correct loading coordinates
when you start it shows the correct picture
i dontknow whats wrong

ggctuk
25-08-09, 13:14
Outfit inconsistency, or animation inconsistency, most probably.

KIKO
25-08-09, 13:27
I also have the die-> crash problem with TRAR1

LightningRider
25-08-09, 14:08
How do I turn off the Fly Cheat? I accidentally pressed q and I don't wanna restart now (Darn me for not saving!) :hea:

Matie
25-08-09, 14:17
^ Press Shift button:)

LightningRider
25-08-09, 14:41
Oh Thank You! :D

*PH*
25-08-09, 14:47
New game version is being uploaded atm (30 minutes left)
you should play that instead of the old one:)

TRF
25-08-09, 15:27
:yik:
Another adventure from you???

You're well on your way, aren't you?
EDIT: What happend to the link???
It's more thn 30 min.

*PH*
25-08-09, 15:32
new link is up
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ukycia

TRF
25-08-09, 16:10
Great..

Lets see what you've produced...

-Roli-
25-08-09, 16:19
*Downloading* again :D

TRF
25-08-09, 19:32
PH: I have a question...

In the Credits there is:
TRF (Not the Forum/a member)

Did you mean me??
If yes: what did I do??? :confused:

Laras Dream
25-08-09, 19:52
Downloading... 38%

1upMushroom
25-08-09, 19:54
*PH*, the game crashes when the Lara dies, it is because of the introductory cut sequence. You need to put it at the beginning of the level, not in place of the title flyby.
:(

Otherwise, you should have done it as proper title flyby... (that is less than ideal when the level is part of a larger project, as this is.)
As long as it is triggered to start when the program opens, it will crash the game on death.

I like the wall jumps. :D

*PH*
25-08-09, 20:13
at TRF
i think i used a theme you made (kiko sent me) or i confused the audio files

about the title
the intro cutscene is NOT the title
its a FMV

1upMushroom
25-08-09, 20:45
about the title
its a FMV

I know that. And it is crashing the game.

After I landed in a wall after letting go of a rope, I am not playing this level anymore.
Sorry. :(
When Lara can swing a full 8 ft inside of a wall, (not just that she can do so, but she has to as a necessary part of a timed run) and the game crashes each time it goes out to the start menu, I have to stop playing.

This level just feels like it has not been fully tested.
It looks very nice, and general gameplay is good, but it needs finishing off.

You really should redesign the rope room so that she doesn't swing inside of the wall,
Put the FMV at the beginning of play rather than at the beginning of the title,
And edit the script so that key objects have names.
There are lines in the sky. :confused: You need to rotate the textures on the horizon so that they flow evenly.

I am not trying to be harsh, or mean. If I released a level with things like this, that is what people would tell me.

This level has many good things, it is quite gorgeous, it seems well thought out, just iron out the minor mistakes, and it will be awesome. :D
It has the potential to be awesome, but it is not quite there yet. Seeing the level you have built here, I know that you can turn it into a completely awesome project. Yes, you can! :D

*PH*
25-08-09, 21:08
you shoulnd jump from this side to the rope, my lara NEVER got into a wall
and why dont you press F6 to load the game when lara dies? then theres no crash

wdavid
25-08-09, 21:38
*Downloading*:D 97% completed :jmp:
I can't wait:D

KyleCroft
25-08-09, 21:41
you shoulnd jump from this side to the rope, my lara NEVER got into a wall
and why dont you press F6 to load the game when lara dies? then theres no crash

Thats not the point. It shouldnt be crashing regardless.

MadCroy101
26-08-09, 00:23
NICE!!!! Downloading now!

KIKO
26-08-09, 00:29
at TRF
i think i used a theme you made (kiko sent me) or i confused the audio files

about the title
its a FMV

There's actually no sign of TRF's soundtrack :ton:

Razzi
26-08-09, 10:07
Where is torch please?

LaraRules81
26-08-09, 10:10
Where is torch please?

You have to wall jump between them two coloumns (The camera will change). It's on the top of the big coloumn ;)

I can't get past that timed door :hea:

.:Tirivol:.
26-08-09, 10:30
Sorry but i can't pick up the bow..why??

LaraRules81
26-08-09, 10:37
You have to stand directly over it I think :)

Jeissy
26-08-09, 10:43
Sorry but i can't pick up the bow..why??

Did you move the skeleton?

.:Tirivol:.
26-08-09, 10:44
Did you move the skeleton?

no lol :P

wdavid
26-08-09, 12:43
I can't get past that timed door :hea:

I'm also there and i also can't make it:o But i won't give up:D

Jeissy
26-08-09, 14:05
Hey, I finished the ... 1st level... and when it loads the next one, the game crashes... :confused:

Razzi
26-08-09, 14:11
Hey, I finished the ... 1st level... and when it loads the next one, the game crashes... :confused:

I think there is just one level isn't it?

Jeissy
26-08-09, 14:16
I think there is just one level isn't it?

Hmm, I thought of that too, but I don't know, because there's also a cutscene and then, if I remember correctly, it starts loading and then it crashes...

TRF
26-08-09, 14:45
There's actually no sign of TRF's soundtrack :ton:

No, there isn't...
And what Audio should that be then???

KIKO
26-08-09, 14:54
No, there isn't...
And what Audio should that be then???

Ph used it in TR Olkaira. It's the one you sent me, ahh "return of the hero" :)
EDIT: I thought it was alright to use it since he credited you

*PH*
26-08-09, 19:24
i thought i had put that as theme in this too:o

Jeissy
26-08-09, 20:09
Hey, *PH* is this a single level or there are two levels? :o

*PH*
26-08-09, 20:11
a single level
TRAR2 begins where this ends
im sorry for the crashing problem

its on trle.net now
trailer is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzX2WF-sYKs

Jeissy
26-08-09, 20:14
Yes, I saw the trailer on the screenshot showcase and then relized the prequel is a single level :o
Awesome video btw :)
Keep up the great work! :tmb:

leoarcie
26-08-09, 20:20
I don't liked so much =/
Why you change Lara?

Jeissy
26-08-09, 20:24
I don't liked so much =/
Why you change Lara?

The story is based on Lara's past, when she is still young and at that time she didn't have the modern high-tech gear. At least that's how I explain it :p

Shauni
26-08-09, 20:28
ARGH! Sendspace's crappy speeds make me want to throw the router out the window! :hea:
8 minutes.
8 minutes is good! It used to take an hour just to download a 4mb file on my old Internet speeds! Also took an average 2 minutes to load one Internet page. O_O Thank goodness I have faster Internet now. xD

Downloading the game :tmb: Looks like there's some really nice traps here! :D

-Roli-
26-08-09, 21:17
a single level

its on trle.net now
trailer is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzX2WF-sYKs

Yay, great trailer :D:D :hug:

laracroftswest
27-08-09, 00:56
http://i28.************/rsx8jn.jpg
How do I do this?

scremanie
27-08-09, 03:24
I love it this! I am hoping Origins is similar :) I love the rain and the snakes and the bow and Lara! it is all great! :D :D :hug:

M.A.
27-08-09, 04:33
http://i28.************/rsx8jn.jpg
How do I do this?

There are two kind of squares in the room. The lower ones are dangerous, That's where the lightning strikes. The higher ones are safe. The lighting usually strikes twice at the same place. Just time the strikes, wait for the second strike to clear off and do a standing jump to the next higher square.

scremanie
27-08-09, 05:00
OMG!

I am stuck :(

I can not make that timed door. The one where you have to pull the switch and then make your way up with the bars and the jump of the vine!! every time I get to the vine, the door shuts! I have been trying for at least 40 minutes, trying to save every second, and saving and reloading at certain points to beat it, but I just cant :( its impossible! My hands are all sweaty from gripping the controller so tight :(

Does anyone have a savegame file that loads JUST after that door/gate? If not, can some one make one for me :D

I fail :o

God Horus
27-08-09, 15:00
Well here's my mini review, I finished it and it was alright. The new moves were great and enjoyable, as well as the animations. It started off good, but idk what happened. It was fun but some parts were just so frustrating and I thought at one point, that maybe you didn't test that part of the level out and maybe you made the jump too big for us or something. Like it's just a ton of little bugs and things which could have been improved, I saw you have a 5 rating for this on TRLE, I think it deserves something maybe a bit higher but I agree with all of the points in your first review (by Spike) It was fun though, just some problems that got in the way. And what was up with that horizon! I swear TRAR has a horizon curse if you look at the top of the horizon, you see that some textures are rotated wrongly :vlol: But that ok it wasn't that huge!

I really like your levels PH but after Wheels of Kathar and Myths 2 I felt that everything was just the same old same old. Pole ropes, new fancy moves everywhere, and average texturing and lighting with alright FMV's and story telling.

And I rarely ever find secrets in your levels, do you place them, because in this level I didn't find anything :o

*PH*
27-08-09, 16:30
i dont like secrets, and i usually dont include
wheels of kathar also had none, myths 2 had some though
the level was made 1,5 years ago and only revised a bit, because i wanted to havent made it for nothing
and i am releasing my levels which were in process a bit fast atm because in 2 days ill leave for england for some months (college exchange) and wont have any time also after cause i have to still do the same stuff from my shcool here too at the same time

i was a bit disappointed with spikes review because he gave me a 5 on texturing , and i think th etexturing in the outside was really good
i used big textures (divided to 16! textures) and also mirrored, so there really wasnt any wallpering out there, but he can write what he thinks:)

tomblover
28-08-09, 09:33
*Freaks out*

The timed run in the large chamber with the pillars and the vine is impossible. :(

Do you have a savegame or something? :o

EDIT: OMG, ****ing epic forum effect! Did it on my first retry after posting this! :vlol:

na_th_an
28-08-09, 11:08
EDIT: OMG, ****ing epic forum effect! Did it on my first retry after posting this! :vlol:

LOL - This happens all the time :D

Congrats, btw.

ryan91
28-08-09, 19:16
Hey I finished the 1st level and after the video at the end of the level, game crashes and i can't play the next level. What should I do? Or this is just a one-level game?

edit: Oh okay, I've just realised that it's a single level. This level looks like a bonus level. When does real Folly level come? :D

leoarcie
28-08-09, 20:57
OMG *0*
I finish the level,i love it so much.
Very cool,i wanna play Anniversary Retold part 2 much more now :cln:

jeffrey van oort
28-08-09, 21:25
I'm gonna try this out while I still have vacation. My projects are almost finished anyway.

X360M
29-08-09, 16:14
PH i need you help! when i finally reached the cutscene where lara jumps out of the plane but when the cutscene ends it crasches! that also happens when i die :( can you help me?

God Horus
29-08-09, 16:24
^ That's supposed to happened. I think it doesn't happened in the updated version. But you are done anyway.

Jeissy
29-08-09, 16:24
PH i need you help! when i finally reached the cutscene where lara jumps out of the plane but when the cutscene ends it crasches! that also happens when i die :( can you help me?

a single level

And when you die you need to press F6 in order to avoid the crashing.

X360M
29-08-09, 16:35
^ That's supposed to happened. I think it doesn't happened in the updated version. But you are done anyway.

i already downloaded the update version.... and about the last cutscene what you say makes sense xD thanks! btw jeissy ill dont need to press F6 anymore...i finisched it! and i loved it! amazing PH! cant wait for TRAR2 and princess of persia! :D

laracroftswest
30-08-09, 03:53
What do I do here?
http://i31.************/15zrtcl.jpg

Peanut
30-08-09, 03:56
I tried this out today, And I must say this is a very nice game! :D

scremanie
30-08-09, 04:01
What do I do here?
http://i31.************/15zrtcl.jpg

How the heck did you get a grenade launcher? :confused:

laracroftswest
30-08-09, 04:09
Cheat codes.

scremanie
30-08-09, 04:13
Oh... I see.... http://i27.************/2805nye.jpg

laracroftswest
30-08-09, 04:14
Do you know how to help me?

scremanie
30-08-09, 04:20
Where abouts are you in the game?

laracroftswest
30-08-09, 04:23
I have just gotten to the other side after passing all of the lightning bolts for the first time.

scremanie
30-08-09, 04:31
oh, you need that stick that you lit on fire. You need to light that bowl thing :)

laracroftswest
30-08-09, 04:35
Ohhhhh I get you!

scremanie
30-08-09, 04:40
lol, I done that too.

Oh and heads up.. there is a really annoying/hard part coming up that involves poles, a timed door and a vine http://i27.************/2805nye.jpg

TombRaiderFan.
30-08-09, 05:50
Umm I tired to open it but the window just goes black and nothing happens, not even sound. Anyone know how I can fix it?

Kapu
30-08-09, 05:56
Go into the FMV folder and delete FMV00. Then try running the game again.

PullingApart
30-08-09, 06:03
How the heck did you get a grenade launcher? :confused:

Cheat codes.

Even when I used the cheatcodes I didn't get a grenade launcher?:confused: All I got was a shotgun, uzi's, revolver and flares.
What did you do,can you PM me?

TombRaiderFan.
30-08-09, 07:42
Go into the FMV folder and delete FMV00. Then try running the game again.

For some reason it still won't work. Thanks for your help though. :)
I hate Vista 64-bit :hea:

KIKO
30-08-09, 14:43
Okay here goes my review:

As a prequel to TRAR2 I was expecting something in the lines of what you did.

Environment
- I really liked the atmosphere at the beginning, the rain, the horizon, it was nice.

Weapons
- I don't know if there's anything other than the very nice bow, which I liked although being a weak weapon. If it's a prequel to TRAR2 which most likely starts in St. Francis ' Folly, why doesn't she carry the dual pistols and the shotgun from the previous levels ? It's not like she lost them at Natla's Technologies.

Outfit
- The oufit was rather nice but what happened to her classic outfit ?

Animation
- I loved the wall jump, it was better than the one from TRAR. However I disliked the swinging pole animations this time. Why does she have to stop when jumping at the pole ? Why can't she just swing. Sometimes Lara would just pass by the pole as if it was invisible. Pressing ALT GR to jump from the pole when not swinging causes Lara to do an akward jump :confused:
Balacing on top of poles was hard to do I really understand but you should never implement something that is buggy. I was swimming and when I got out I ended up on top of the pole like magic.
Was the ladder animaiton changed ? Because I noticed that her legs do akward positions as if they were broken.

Textures
- I found no problem with them.

Gameplay
- While puzzles were great there was something annoying with that timed door and it was due to a thing that I dislike and it starts to get repetitive.
Basing the difficulty on game glitches isn't the sort of game that a player is looking for. The timed door was hard because of the poles. There are other examples of difficulty based on glitches and animation but I don't want to mention. And there was a collumn with invisible floor around :ton:
I ended up cheating (Q) to get past the timed door, but the glitches at the pool with the vertical poles just made me quit. I didn't finish it, sorry :o

Soundtrack: good, textures: good, outfit: nice, weapons: nice, environment: atmospheric, animation: disapointing, gameplay: average.

6/10

P.S. In beginning of the FMV it says 1990 if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it supposed to be 1996 or is this level something else ? :p

God Horus
30-08-09, 15:04
This is a prequel and it's young Lara finding the key to St. Francis Folly in 1990.

laracroftswest
30-08-09, 15:16
Even when I used the cheatcodes I didn't get a grenade launcher?:confused: All I got was a shotgun, uzi's, revolver and flares.
What did you do,can you PM me?
I did the cheat at the beginning of the level.

This is a prequel and it's young Lara finding the key to St. Francis Folly in 1990.

She went before?

KIKO
30-08-09, 16:35

I thought Key to st. francis folly was supposed to be a bonus level in TRAR2, a level before St. Francis Folly :o

laracroftswest
30-08-09, 16:39
Are there any creatures in this level. Like spiders or scorpions? Cause those things freak me out.

Kapu
30-08-09, 17:06
@ laracroftswest: The only enemies I remember are rats.

Titak
30-08-09, 17:35
Hi,
this level was originally a bonus level but i made it to a prequel for TRAR2
it includes cut stuff and cuts from TRAR and i wanted to use that.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ukyciaI can't download it... It says: "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity." :(

Is there another downlaod link?

KIKO
30-08-09, 17:36
I can't download it... It says: "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity." :(

Is there another downlaod link?

It's already at Trle.net :)

VictorXD
30-08-09, 17:36
^ That's why mediafire should be used;) It has no limitations and its fast:)

Shakira Croft
30-08-09, 17:37
On TRLE Titia ;)

http://trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2030

PullingApart
30-08-09, 17:57
I did the cheat at the beginning of the level.

So did I

MadCroy101
31-08-09, 00:56
I got around to beating it today, its alright. I might post a review tomorrow or something, I loved the textures, but it had awesomely impossible jumps, of course.

-Roli-
31-08-09, 12:04
I will post a review today to TRLE.net :D

Titak
31-08-09, 12:54
Thanks! :D
I didn't look at TRLE.net because I thought it wouldn't be released there... :o

Pandable
07-08-14, 11:47
ok done... there some bugs but i got through with it, NICE GAME... but at the cutscene at the end the "6 years later" cutscene it crashes as i save the game.... is there no continuation after that.... does it really do that?

klona
07-08-14, 14:00
@Pandable
I found this: http://trle.net/walk/2030.htm
You can check this to see where you stopped or if the game ended.

Admles
07-08-14, 14:37
Let's leave moderating to the moderators, shall we?