PDA

View Full Version : Reading/Leeds Festival 2009

remote91
25-08-09, 12:06
Who else is going to this amazing festival? :Dhttp://em.mu/images/leeds2009lineup.jpg

Angelus
25-08-09, 12:07
Remember when you went last year and you saw the guy ****ting into a cup? :vlol:

remote91
25-08-09, 12:13
Remember when you went last year and you saw the guy ****ting into a cup? :vlol:
Why would even give me the awful flashback to that...

Anyway I am going into town later to buy some wellies and food :D

Catracoth
25-08-09, 12:13
I probably wouldn't go if I lived in the area--not many bands I'm familiar with, and only three out of the nine I enjoy.

remote91
25-08-09, 12:14
I probably wouldn't go if I lived in the area--not many bands I'm familiar with, and only three out of the nine I enjoy.
Party pooper.

Catracoth
25-08-09, 12:16
Well excuse me for not liking 85% of the people performing.

remote91
25-08-09, 12:18
Well excuse me for not liking 85% of the people performing.
Yes.

Excuse you :ohn:

Angelus
25-08-09, 12:18
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - *silence*

Did you hear that? That was the sound of a buzz kill! :ton:

remote91
25-08-09, 12:20
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - *silence*

Did you hear that? That was the sound of a buzz kill! :ton:
:p

I can't wait for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Placebo and Florence + The Machine.

I haven't been on holiday this year so it's all I have to look forward to :D

Catracoth
25-08-09, 12:25
None of them interest me except Placebo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and AFI.

remote91
25-08-09, 12:26
None of them interest me except Placebo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and AFI.
This is progress.

Carbonek_0051
25-08-09, 12:28
I want to go, there are loads of people there I like.:(

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kings Of Leon, Fall Out Boy, Brand New, Vampire Weekend, Alexisonfire, AFI. My god, you lucky *****.:p

Catracoth
25-08-09, 12:29
Well to be truthful, the only songs I've heard from Placebo are Bitter End, Miss Moneypenny, and a few others off 'Sleeping with Ghosts' and I've only heard Phenomena by YYY's, but either way I enjoy them. I've heard AFI's decemberunderground which was very good.

remote91
25-08-09, 12:31
I want to go, there are loads of people there I like.:(

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kings Of Leon, Fall Out Boy, Brand New, Vampire Weekend, Alexisonfire, AFI. My god, you lucky *****.:p
I know, I'm suprised more people from the forum haven't said that they are going!
Well to be truthful, the only songs I've heard from Placebo are Bitter End, Miss Moneypenny, and a few others off 'Sleeping with Ghosts' and I've only heard Phenomena by YYY's, but either way I enjoy them. I've heard AFI's decemberunderground which was very good.
You should check out YYY's album Show Your Bones, which Phenomena is from, easily their best work.

Carbonek_0051
25-08-09, 12:33
You should check out YYY's album Show Your Bones, which Phenomena is from, easily their best work.

Fever To Tell > Show Your Bones

remote91
25-08-09, 12:34
I still think SYB is a better album to introduce the new listeners :p

Nemo_91
25-08-09, 12:43
Wooo, Radiohead, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Deftones... So many great bands. Wish I could go. :o

Show Your Bones -> Fever To Tell :p

remote91
25-08-09, 12:50
Show Your Bones -> Fever To Tell :p
Thank you! :p

jackles
25-08-09, 13:13
I could have brought a ticket off a friend the other day they were selling a day ticket for saturday at Reading. But didn't. :D

remote91
25-08-09, 13:16
I could have brought a ticket off a friend the other day they were selling a day ticket for saturday at Reading. But didn't. :D
For which one? Reading or Leeds? :p

jackles
25-08-09, 13:21
Read my post again....you quoted which one. ;)

remote91
25-08-09, 13:26
Read my post again....you quoted which one. ;)
Sorry, I'm a duh brain, I'm heading to the one in Leeds, currently packing and am very excited! :D

jackles
25-08-09, 13:29
Well I hope that you have a great time. :)

remote91
25-08-09, 13:35
Well I hope that you have a great time. :)
Thank you :D

Joely-Moley
25-08-09, 14:20
OMG, I didn't realise how amazing this years line up was. If I'd known Anti-flag were playing again then I would have got a ticket! :(

Anti-flag, Streetlight, and the bouncing souls?

Ahh well. Who ever is going hope you enjoy. *jealous face*

I went to Leeds last year and it was amazing, from what I can remember from it. I passed out in the lock up tent and missed Rage Against the Machine.

remote91
25-08-09, 16:11
OMG, I didn't realise how amazing this years line up was. If I'd known Anti-flag were playing again then I would have got a ticket! :(

Anti-flag, Streetlight, and the bouncing souls?

Ahh well. Who ever is going hope you enjoy. *jealous face*

I went to Leeds last year and it was amazing, from what I can remember from it. I passed out in the lock up tent and missed Rage Against the Machine.
LOL

Aw sorry to hear you aren't going this year. I just did the big shop at asda for it.. think I'm all set now other than the crate of strongbow I need to buy :p

Joely-Moley
25-08-09, 16:25
LOL

Aw sorry to hear you aren't going this year. I just did the big shop at asda for it.. think I'm all set now other than the crate of strongbow I need to buy :p

Yeah, just my luck. At the end of the night I was so out of it I thought the fair ground rides were coming at me. I had fun!

Awesome! Are you going for the whole weekend? I only managed to get a Saturday ticket for last year on Ebay last minute.

Have a blast! :D

remote91
25-08-09, 17:23
Yeah, just my luck. At the end of the night I was so out of it I thought the fair ground rides were coming at me. I had fun!

Awesome! Are you going for the whole weekend? I only managed to get a Saturday ticket for last year on Ebay last minute.

Have a blast! :D
Haha seriously? Last year I felt really ill so I hardly drank anything, but this year now I know what to expect I am prepared to get completely trashed :p

Yeah I am going for the full weekend again, it's the only way to do it!

Joely-Moley
25-08-09, 17:31
Haha seriously? Last year I felt really ill so I hardly drank anything, but this year now I know what to expect I am prepared to get completely trashed :p

Yeah I am going for the full weekend again, it's the only way to do it!

Yeah! I think it was the alcohol combined with not sleeping for 40+ hours. Made me hallucinate and stuff. I had planned to sleep on the bus down, but accidentally got on the Manchester Airport bus and had to wait up all night to see where I needed to get off. So I was shattered.

aw that sounds great, I hope you have a good time.

I agree, I'd of loved to have gone for the weekend. Are you camping, yeah?

remote91
25-08-09, 17:32
Yeah! I think it was the alcohol combined with not sleeping for 40+ hours. Made me hallucinate and stuff. I had planned to sleep on the bus down, but accidentally got on the Manchester Airport bus and had to wait up all night to see where I needed to get off. So I was shattered.

aw that sounds great, I hope you have a good time.

I agree, I'd of loved to have gone for the weekend. Are you camping, yeah?
Manchester airport bus? Christ you get in some sticky situations

Thanks, and yeah I'm camping all weekend, going down early thursday morning :D

Goose
25-08-09, 17:35
Were Oasis playing either?

They were supposed to be at the V festival but pulled out, it was only down the road so some guys downstairs went and said it was illness or something.

Joely-Moley
25-08-09, 17:35
Manchester airport bus? Christ you get in some sticky situations

Thanks, and yeah I'm camping all weekend, going down early thursday morning :D

Haha! I know. Had to change in Manchester, and wait 3 hours to get a bus to Leeds. :p

Aw, that'll be great! I hope you get the weather for it. :)

Nannonxyay
25-08-09, 17:55
OHGOD. I wanna go. Fall Out Boy, Radiohead, Kings Of Leon, You Me At Six, Patrick Wolf, Little Boots. Ugh. WANT.

EDIT: AND Vampire Weekend. Bloody hell! I want to go so bad.

remote91
25-08-09, 17:56
Were Oasis playing either?

They were supposed to be at the V festival but pulled out, it was only down the road so some guys downstairs went and said it was illness or something.
No Oasis aren't gonna be at Leeds but I'd enjoy seeing them! Yeah I heard that they had to pull out of V over someone being ill in the band.
Haha! I know. Had to change in Manchester, and wait 3 hours to get a bus to Leeds. :p

Aw, that'll be great! I hope you get the weather for it. :)
Me too! Thought I spent 13 on wellies before so I am kind of wanting to put them to good use :p

FourBalls
25-08-09, 17:58
I so wish I could go :(

Joely-Moley
25-08-09, 18:00
Me too! Thought I spent 13 on wellies before so I am kind of wanting to put them to good use :p

I think you'll need them anyway. I know last year when I went it was really sunny, but there was loads of thick mud everywhere, especially around the Lock Up Tent where I spend most of the day, it was practically knee deep. :p

So I think wellies are always good!

Nannonxyay
30-08-09, 20:29
God. I am so dissapointed with the way Kings Of Leon treated the crowd. Sure, not all of them were singing along, but for god's sakes. They probably had more than a hundred fans there who desperately wanted to see them perform, and then Caleb has a hissy fit and rants about how their fans apparently aren't good enough for them then they throw something at the crowd and storm off? That's so childish and immature. I think the fame's gotten to their heads a bit. How big of an ego do you want? It's pathetic. :mad:

I can't believe he said; "We're the ****ing Kings Of Leon." Ohdear. That's like saying; "Don't you know who I am!?"

Very dissapointed with those guys.

Joely-Moley
30-08-09, 20:46
Are you serious? That's ridiculous and really disappointing, I mean I'm not a fan of KOL but still obviously a lot of people were there to see them play.

Weren't the one of the headlining acts?

It's always sad when a band gets too big for their boots.

remote91
31-08-09, 21:20
Has anyone heard about the incident that has left some poor teenage girl being being scarred for life?

:pi:

xx_Hunt_xx
31-08-09, 21:36
Has anyone heard about the incident that has left some poor teenage girl being being scarred for life?

:pi:

No..but do go on...

remote91
31-08-09, 21:48
No..but do go on...
In one of the toilet sites a girl dropped her bag down the toilet hole thing, went to lean in to get it (god knows why if you have ever seen them, it's like a skip underneath a bunch of cattlesheds that are over the top, and the skip is filled with human waste that just drops from the toilet hole above) and she fell in and got stuck in the toilet hole face first and the fire brigade had to free her.

She is now know as Poo Girl.

And now she has a facebook fan page full of hilarious posts and this http://www.cafepress.co.uk/PooGirl09.405330212

xx_Hunt_xx
31-08-09, 21:54
In one of the toilet sites a girl dropped her bag down the toilet hole thing, went to lean in to get it (god knows why if you have ever seen them, it's like a skip underneath a bunch of cattlesheds that are over the top, and the skip is filled with human waste that just drops from the toilet hole above) and she fell in and got stuck in the toilet hole face first and the fire brigade had to free her.

And now she has a facebook fan page full of hilarious posts and this http://www.cafepress.co.uk/PooGirl09.405330212

Yikes!
Although it is funny, why on earth she went to get it back i dont know.

remote91
31-08-09, 21:56
Yikes!
Although it is funny, why on earth she went to get it back i dont know.
Apparently she had 400 in her purse

xx_Hunt_xx
31-08-09, 22:03

Even so 400...or your dignity?

I know which id rather have lol :ton:

remote91
31-08-09, 22:10
Even so 400...or your dignity?

I know which id rather have lol :ton:
400 and to be saved by fireman Sam, right? :pi:

xx_Hunt_xx
31-08-09, 22:14
400 and to be saved by fireman Sam, right? :pi:

Oh obv! :cool:
My dignity can go to "waste" when theres 400 and a visit from fireman sam involved!

Joely-Moley
31-08-09, 22:38

She is now know as Poo Girl.

OMG. How embarrassing. :vlol:

I'd quite like a poogirl mug. 400 is a lot of money though, I'd be gutted but I don't think any about of money could make me stick my hand in a festival toilet.

remote91
01-09-09, 11:40
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Leeds-Festival-Toilet-Drama-Online-Hunt-For-Poo-Girl-Allegedly-Rescued-After-Getting-Stuck-In-Loo/Article/200908415372148 :vlol:

scion05
01-09-09, 11:57
Did you get to meet the legendary Poo Girl ?

God, she's gonna turn into Frosties Kid v2.0 :eek:

:cool:

Jinxx
31-08-10, 00:22

it was only 180 and a phone. she was ****ed out of her mind and leant in to get it then fell the rest of the way, or thats what some people who claimed to be her friends told me this year at reading.

t-raider26
31-08-10, 02:36
You registered to say that?!
Not to mention you bumped a thread almost a year old