PDA

View Full Version : General Final Destination Thread

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 02:01
This is a thread for all you fans who love the FD Series. You can talk about what ever you want in here providing it's FD related. State your opinions, discuss the movie and even give reviews of FD 4 if you want :D

AmericanAssassin
26-08-09, 02:02
I love the first and the third. The second one was decent, at best. The fourth one looks like ****. :wve:

LaraRules81
26-08-09, 02:03
Oh how I loved the deaths! :mis:

Don't you think it was so horrifying? :(

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 02:07
I don't think it is horryifying. I like the first, second and third mostly the third. I liked the new refreshed approach. The Fourth looks more action oriented and I don't know if the fourth in 3D add's more but I feel 3D is a pest on the eyes and distracts the film. The fouth I feel is going to be very gruesome and fastly driven into the deaths because it only lasts 86 minutes including the credits!

LaraRules81
26-08-09, 02:08
I prefered the second personally :D

86 minutes?! Jeez...

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 02:11
I prefered the second personally :D

86 minutes?! Jeez...

It's bound to be packed with deaths. I always go into these type of movies open minded without a critical attitude to enjoy them more. It's all like one big rollercoaster (No pun intended :p)

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 02:11
OMG!! THANKS SOOO MUCH TO THE ONE WHO CREATED THIS THREAD, GONNA GIVE HIM/HER A GIANT KISS!

:gki:

I LOVE THEM ALL!!! THE THIRD ONE IS MY FAVORITE!!!

Just to give you an advice: Don't listen to anyone on youtube videos for the 4th one, they are all FAKE!! :hea:

Lemmie
26-08-09, 02:13
I think I watched the third one. I don't generally like horror films, but it was okay. We kept rewinding and rewatching the section where a guy got his head squished by two gym weights. :p

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 02:14
OMG!! THANKS SOOO MUCH TO THE ONE WHO CREATED THIS THREAD, GONNA GIVE HIM/HER A GIANT KISS!

:gki:

I LOVE THEM ALL!!! THE THIRD ONE IS MY FAVORITE!!!

Just to give you an advice: Don't listen to anyone on youtube videos for the 4th one, they are all FAKE!! :hea:

Why you're welcome. You're my new favourite member now:ton:

I can't wait for the fourth. Going to see it on Friday sadly booking doesn't start until Thursday :(

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 02:15
Why you're welcome. You're my new favourite member now:ton:

I can't wait for the fourth. Going to see it on Friday sadly booking doesn't start until Thursday :(

:hug:
Don't worry :) the days are going fast.

elizard_9594
26-08-09, 02:18
Im very glad that you made this thread. ive never seen the first one, but i own the second, have seen the third many a time, and plan on eeing the 4th in theatres!!!

Tomb Raider 5194
26-08-09, 02:19
There's something about the FD movies that just scares me and makes me so nervous! :cln:

I don't really like horror films but the concept of the series is cool. The first one was good, the second one was a little meh and the third one was actually better if not as good as the first one. I'm not really liking the look of the 4th one but I still want to see it.

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 02:20
It's going to be my first time seeing one in the theatres. I own the third on DVD and watch it like a transgender takes their daily hormone pill :D

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 02:22
There's something about the FD movies that just scares me and makes me so nervous! :cln:

I don't really like horror films but the concept of the series is cool. The first one was good, the second one was a little meh and the third one was actually better if not as good as the first one. I'm not really liking the look of the 4th one but I still want to see it.

It is a Thriller ;)

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 02:24
It's like they are scary but not. It's really just a dimented teenagers cult movie :p

Tomb Raider 5194
26-08-09, 02:25
It is a Thriller ;)
I classify gore as horror :p

Tommy123
26-08-09, 02:26
This will be my first time seeing one in theatres. But im excited to see it

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 02:28
Anybody know when the 4th one will come out? :( PLEASE :confused:

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 02:29
Anybody know when the 4th one will come out? :( PLEASE :confused:

Friday :D

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 02:33
Whoops posted in wrong thread sorry :(

Kittypower
26-08-09, 04:16
I dont think there scary, they just freak me out. The worst bieng the tanning scene(im never going in a tanning booth ever after that).

WCookie
26-08-09, 04:25
I dont think there scary, they just freak me out. The worst bieng the tanning scene(im never going in a tanning booth ever after that).

Totally freaky, imagine hvaing BUBBLES on your skin, looking like skittles growing on you, totally freaked me out :pi:

Kittypower
26-08-09, 04:35
Totally freaky, imagine hvaing BUBBLES on your skin, looking like skittles growing on you, totally freaked me out :pi:

And then they catch on fire, i didnt know tanning beds got that hot.

tonyme
26-08-09, 06:49
I only watched the first and Loved it! :tmb:

dcw123
26-08-09, 11:34
TBH FD4 looks pretty worn out and crappy to me ...
I mean theres only so much they can think of after 4 films right:p
I especially didn't like how some events just 'happened' without anything triggering them off - like the bolts of the fence ''magically'' turning HA!

The main guy looks like a bit of a douche too lol ...
I only say FD3 at the cinema, have FD1 and 2 on DVD.Hopefully going to see it Friday.

tombraiderluka
26-08-09, 11:37
I've watched the first three movies, I don't recall hearing about the 4th one :yik:

TRhalloween
26-08-09, 11:40
TBH FD4 looks pretty worn out and crappy to me ...
I mean theres only so much they can think of after 4 films right:p
I especially didn't like how some events just 'happened' without anything triggering them off - like the bolts of the fence ''magically'' turning HA!

The main guy looks like a bit of a douche too lol ...
I only say FD3 at the cinema, have FD1 and 2 on DVD.Hopefully going to see it Friday.

Some of it is fate since they cheated death.

It's probably going to be really crap since it's pretty much the same movie over and over again.

touchthesky
26-08-09, 11:41
Going to see the fourth one in 3D on Saturday. Not sure if I am excited or not :p. I used to love the first one when I was younger..I was in love with the main guy..not the "hero" but the erm, horrible one..lol, the one who gets hit by a sign at the end.

Jo269976
26-08-09, 12:13
I'll hopefully see this when it comes out, if not then, then on the DVD release, it's fun figuring out the deaths before any of the other horror newbies, and seeing their faces when they get the 'shock'. :)

Angelus
26-08-09, 12:34
Going to see the fourth one in 3D on Saturday. Not sure if I am excited or not :p. I used to love the first one when I was younger..I was in love with the main guy..not the "hero" but the erm, horrible one..lol, the one who gets hit by a sign at the end.

GIVE ME A SIIIIIIIIGN... HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME

*WHACK*

Anyway...

I loved the first two films, went to see the third film in the cinema and thought it was a load of crap.

Nenya awakens
26-08-09, 12:52
The first two were brilliant, the 3rd one had some good bits like the Tanning beds and the rollercoaster but it just felt a bit boring, at least the 2nd film had a minor connection to the first.

I was given the Thrillogy boxset for christmas a few years ago.

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 13:28
I only watched the first and Loved it! :tmb:

:smk::smk::smk::smk::smk::smk::smk::smk:

You know why so don't ask :hea::hea:

WCookie
26-08-09, 13:46
4th Final Destination looks to much of the same to me :pi:

But it shows that death can be in the most ''innocent places'' :yik:

SPOILERS:
Imagine going to a car wash and a pipe start draining the water on you and you become crazy as the girl on the trailer. Where does that water has been? huh?

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 14:03
4th Final Destination looks to much of the same to me :pi:

But it shows that death can be in the most ''innocent places'' :yik:

SPOILERS:
Imagine going to a car wash and a pipe start draining the water on you and you become crazy as the girl on the trailer. Where does that water has been? huh?

Yeah I know it already (Car Race)
But do you know when it'll begins? Can you show me a trialer or something please?

WCookie
26-08-09, 14:10
Yeah I know it already (Car Race)
But do you know when it'll begins? Can you show me a trialer or something please?

I don't really know if I should post the trailer but here it is:

-v4osKSQrrk

I think the video says when it will be on cinemas :B

matrix54
26-08-09, 14:15
10 bucks chick on the mall escalator survives :pi:

i wanna see it.

@dcw123: watch the movies. things are supposed to just happen. like, for example, in the first movie. when the guy dies in his bathroom. water doesn't just make its way tward electricity, and then leave when things are done. Or in the third, in the home depot type place. all that was death doing it. (death is a force in the movie by the way.)

no one in any of the movies look for signs :ton: :p theres always that one person who says I control when I die and what happens... :whi:

WCookie
26-08-09, 14:17
10 bucks chick on the mall escalator ...

I hope so, cute girls always die, leave one of them alive at least :pi:

matrix54
26-08-09, 14:21
not all cute girls die. the bimbo or the self centered one dies, followed by her best friend or boyfried, if they haven't died already :p

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 14:24
I don't really know if I should post the trailer but here it is:

-v4osKSQrrk

I think the video says when it will be on cinemas :B

They said that it's in August 2009, means this month.
:eek: :eek:

WCookie
26-08-09, 14:25
not all cute girls die. the bimbo or the self centered one dies, followed by her best friend or boyfried, if they haven't died already :p

I see... :pi:

But Clear Rivers (FD 1 / 2) was a innocent girl, she just got out of the fly to follow the main character (don't remember his name :p) and she dies on FD 2 after going to the hospital see a friend of her. She was nice :pi:

ShadyCroft
26-08-09, 14:26
I watched the 1st and 2nd. The 1st was amazing, being the first one with a new idea and all. Now I guess while watching this one, we can expect what's going to happen. :)

Still, I'll keep an eye on it.

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 14:29
I watched the 1st and 2nd. The 1st was amazing, being the first one with a new idea and all. Now I guess while watching this one, we can expect what's going to happen. :)

Still, I'll keep an eye on it.

You didn't watch the third one? :eek:
It's better than the others...

Chocola teapot
26-08-09, 14:31
I watched the first one, Train scene, is win.

ShadyCroft
26-08-09, 14:31
@ Alex: It is ?

I always thought the 1st would be the best. I picked it up and watched it the first time not knowing what its about, so I was totally shocked and loved it and it was really something new.

I got the second, and I figured it would be the same, seeing as it has the same name...and it was.

:)

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 14:32
Final Destination 4 movie produced by LivePlanet movie studio directed by David R. Ellis.
Release date August 26, 2009
Movie popularity overall ranking is 552nd with a 9.4 rating .
After a teen's premonition of a deadly race-car crash helps saves the lives of his peers, Death sets out to collect those who evaded their end.

No long description of the Final Destination 4 plot yet. But we heard the movie was about final destination 2, final destination 3, final destination 4 the movie, final destination 4 trailer, final destination 4 dvd, final destination 4 cast, final destination 4 poster, final destination 4 imdb, final destination 4 2009, final destination 4 dead man's hand, more or less :)

SO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, I STILL DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT IN MY COUNTRY NEITHER U.S.A.

matrix54
26-08-09, 14:33
I see... :pi:

But Clear Rivers (FD 1 / 2) was a innocent girl, she just got out of the fly to follow the main character (don't remember his name :p) and she dies on FD 2 after going to the hospital see a friend of her. She was nice :pi:

the brave one always die... :whi: they get too cocky and bam...

and people remember, the black guy (at least one of them, and if there is one, he dies) always dies. the black ckick might have a chance...

for example:
1: had no black characters :pi:
2: dies in hospital, along with Clear :(
3: dies in gym
4: gets hit by bus, as seen in the commercial

yeah...

@shady: no, 2 is. but 3 sort of changed things up. it involved photo's form a carnival, as opposed to just someone seeing everything. but she did in the end. and 3 had the best death scenes, and 2 has the most realistic scenarios...

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 14:37
@ Alex: It is ?

I always thought the 1st would be the best. I picked it up and watched it the first time not knowing what its about, so I was totally shocked and loved it and it was really something new.

I got the second, and I figured it would be the same, seeing as it has the same name...and it was.

:)

It is ;)

matrix54
26-08-09, 14:39
No it ain't :ohn:
but I love the death scenes. best on was the train scene, followed by the drive through. period ;)

WCookie
26-08-09, 14:39

and people remember, the black guy (at least one of them, and if there is one, he dies) always dies. the black ckick might have a chance...

for example:

yeah...

:yik: You're right, never really realized that >_>

Clear WAS so cuute @.@

TRhalloween
26-08-09, 14:41
I'm guessing the people from Final Destination 3 died?

matrix54
26-08-09, 14:42
nah, Clear is alright. I prefer Ali Larter better :p

Edit: Alex beat me :p

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 14:43

Spoiler

All of them die

TRhalloween
26-08-09, 14:45
Spoiler

Does it say that in Final Destination 4.

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 14:47
Does it say that in Final Destination 4.

I have no idea, I don't accept spoilers for FD4 and I am waiting for the release in my country.

TRhalloween
26-08-09, 14:49
Then how do you know *spoilers*they die...*spoilers*?

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 14:55
Then how do you know *spoilers*they die...*spoilers*?

OK I am lost.
You first was talking about the FD 3
And then you were asking again with the same question about FD4
And the spoiler is about FD3
But I have no idea about the FD4

TRhalloween
26-08-09, 14:57
OK I am lost.
You first was talking about the FD 3
And then you were asking again with the same question about FD4
And the spoiler is about FD3
But I have no idea about the FD4

At the end of FD3 they are about to die but it doesn't show them actually dying so I want to know if they did die.

Nenya awakens
26-08-09, 15:00
Theres a thread for film sequels already in action with info on this film :)

would be good to keep the thread up and running!

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=135710

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 17:29
Theres a thread for film sequels already in action with info on this film :)

would be good to keep the thread up and running!

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=135710

I created this thread because FD has a sort of cult following it's no different than the Harry Potter or Band supporting threads to me and instead of discussing multiple sequels and getting off track we can discuss anything FD related in here.

Regarding the deaths of FD 3:

When they are on the train the girl has another vision in which she see's her friends all die. We see it happen and her vision ends, as the screen fades out to black and we hear the noise of the train crashing which is implying that death catches up in the end and can make up a new order whenever it pleases, all of the character's die

jamieoliver22
26-08-09, 18:19
Me and Laura are hopefully going to watch the new Final Destination film on Saturday (in 3D), I can't wait :D I loved the others.

TRhalloween
26-08-09, 18:24
I saw FD3, I just wasn't sure.

Minimus
26-08-09, 18:27
I love my Final Destination DVD's. I'm watching The Final Destination 3D in cinemas on Saturday :jmp:

*richietrent*
26-08-09, 18:32
So can't wait for this film!

AmericanAssassin
26-08-09, 18:37
At the end of FD3 they are about to die but it doesn't show them actually dying so I want to know if they did die.

Yes, they died. Everybody in the series has died so far. Everyone. Including the people from FD2. As you find out in the uncut version of FD3.

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 18:40
One brilliant thing about the third Final Destination which I consider a reboot of the series was that on the DVD the option to "Choose their fates" I really want that to be on the Fourths DVD just so I can make the characters I hate die and the ones I like to survive :D

Apparently there is a B-Roll trailer featuring lots of spoilers of the death sequences but I don't want to see it. Judging by the Theatrical Trailer the worst way I'd want to die would be to be sucked under water by the pool filter. That happened to me once when I was young and a man had to jump in and rescue me. I just wasn't resurfacing the suction was that rapid! :(

One thing what I like about the 3D factor is that this doesn't look to be for depth like those movies with hardly any 3D in them. But it looks more blood splatting out of screen material. I can't wait to go and see it on Friday never-the-less I'll have to see the 2D version first to concentrate more on the movie :)

igonge
26-08-09, 19:31
The first and third were great! The second was okay. I'm going to see the 4th one on Saturday. The 3D should be great!

Tonyrobinson
26-08-09, 19:41
Funny how everyone is going on a Saturday. I'd recommend going on Friday before the schools start back up and are swamped with blood crazed teens ;)

Hermina94
26-08-09, 19:46
I saw FD 3,but only from the middle couse I came home late xD
I absolutely ♥ it!
Oh the deaths...they make me think evil...xD

Alex Shepherd
26-08-09, 20:42

Yeah, didn't you notice the sounds and the noises when the black screen appears at the end of the FD3 movie?

Tonyrobinson
27-08-09, 17:38
Well I've got my tickets so 3.30 PM tomorow I'll be seeing it in 2D then 7:30 PM Saturday in 3D :p

EDIT: All UK viewers make sure to tune into Final Destination 2 tonight on Film 4 at 11:15 PM

New link to an amazing 3D interpretation of the trailer:

http://www.break.com/final-destination-movie/final-destination.html

TRhalloween
28-08-09, 00:04
Well I've got my tickets so 3.30 PM tomorow I'll be seeing it in 2D then 7:30 PM Saturday in 3D :p

EDIT: All UK viewers make sure to tune into Final Destination 2 tonight on Film 4 at 11:15 PM

:eek:

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 00:14
Haha, I ducked when the blood came out the first time and I pee'd a bit when I seen the face I was screaming like a little Girl :o

:BitterSweet:
28-08-09, 00:18
I've only watched the third one and is looking forward to seeing the fourth! :)
The movies aren't really scary just disturbing, but there is one part that creeped me out though and it's this song

Wjlj0TZ8wb8

It's so eerie!

:yik: That was amazing! :p

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 00:25
Ahhh, I love that song I just rewatched the 2nd on Film 4!

IMHO, The thirds the best because it's got the worst death sequences :p

igonge
28-08-09, 06:23

:eek: OMG! Brilliant!

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 09:08
Well heading to the city soon :)

Seeing it first at 3:30PM

AmericanAssassin
28-08-09, 09:15
I wish they would have just called it Final Destination 4. Adding "The" to the original title is dumb. Just like with "Fast & Furious." Dumb titles. :rolleyes: They better not pull that **** with Scream 4. I will be sooooo ****ed. :cen:

Kiss-Bite
28-08-09, 09:21
Great 3D trailer!:D I'll see this new installment at some point. These films are always fun, especially trying to guess the gruesome end to someone before it happens.:)

3D films always look black & white to me when wearing those glasses, is that the case for everyone?:pi:

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 09:25
Great 3D trailer!:D I'll see this new installment at some point. These films are always fun, especially trying to guess the gruesome end to someone before it happens.:)

3D films always look black & white to me when wearing those glasses, is that the case for everyone?:pi:

They certainly are dulled down yes the glasses give it a greyish tint but not always grey more like a Sweeney Todd colour scheme :)

Kiss-Bite
28-08-09, 09:28
Oh good, nothing wrong with my sight then.:) They sometimes have a very dull hint of red & blue to me. Saying that I really haven't seen all that many films in 3D.:D

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 20:17
I loved it brightly coloured suprisingly :)

Shaping up to be one of the best in the franchise the deaths were horrible but the film was a little boring without the 3D. Very badly timed script but it was all out action/gore to make up for it and a very brutal might I add sex scene being it's first in the series.

My favourite scene was the escalator scene and a scene involving racist and his truck and the song "Why can't we be friends" whilst he tries to kill the Black character he hates :p

The premonitions are done in CGI this time with more obvious hints than before and other people starting to see the signs around them too. There was very good comedic bits including a hobo and a pick up truck and cafe towards the end :p

SPOILERS OF SCENES

The escalator scene was horrible we see Nick's girlfriend get her bones crushed and legz flattened like pancakes whilst turning round cogs and flying out of the screen at the audience.

A scene including a vision of the snake is greatly recieved as it slithers out of the screen and wiggles its tounge for a proulonged amount of time to the audience.

END OF SPOILERS

The film is good and definatley a must for a 3D watch only. The film is short but very gory which makes up for it. Death uses it's certain list in order this time around but for how long....

WCookie
28-08-09, 20:19
I loved it brightly coloured suprisingly :)

Shaping up to be one of the best in the franchise the deaths were horrible but the film was a little boring without the 3D. Very badly timed script but it was all out action/gore to make up for it and a very brutal might I add sex scene being it's first in the series.

My favourite scene was the escalator scene and a scene involving racist and his truck and the song "Why can't we be friends" whilst he tries to kill the Black character he hates :p

The premonitions are done in CGI this time with more obvious hints than before and other people starting to see the signs around them too. There was very good comedic bits including a hobo and a pick up truck and cafe towards the end :p

SPOILERS OF SCENES

The escalator scene was horrible we see Nick's girlfriend get her bones crushed and legz flattened like pancakes whilst turning round cogs and flying out of the screen at the audience.

A scene including a vision of the snake is greatly recieved as it slithers out of the screen and wiggles its tounge for a proulonged amount of time to the audience.

END OF SPOILERS

The film is good and definatley a must for a 3D watch only. The film is short but very gory which makes up for it. Death uses it's certain list in order this time around but for how long....

Gosh, I tought the girl woudl survive, I knew it, all cute girls die ;_;

*checks on youtube if there's the video ;-;*

Mokono
28-08-09, 20:20
I wish they would have just called it Final Destination 4. Adding "The" to the original title is dumb. Just like with "Fast & Furious." Dumb titles. :rolleyes: They better not pull that **** with Scream 4. I will be sooooo ****ed. :cen:

Lol, it's still "Destino Final" over here, without "El" :D.

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 20:22
Gosh, I tought the girl woudl survive, I knew it, all cute girls die ;_;

*checks on youtube if there's the video ;-;*

SPOILER

She does but the guy has a very long premonition full of shocks butthen.. yes, all of the characters die later in this movie as they are hit by a towing truck through a cafe window caused by a Bus with the number 180 on it!

The racist man tow truck decides to turn on "Why can't we be friends" as the hooked shot putt attaches to him his car beings to go on fire from a leak and the fire soon spreads up the chain and pulls him along on his back along the road burning.

Interesting fact Clear Rivers made an appearence this time as the name of a Hotel sponsor trade mark and throughout the start we see the deaths of the first 3 movies presented in CGI by skeletons :p

If anyone want's more spoilers then just ask :)

WCookie
28-08-09, 20:30
SPOILER

She does but the guy has a very long premonition full of shocks butthen.. yes, all of the characters die later in this movie as they are hit by a towing truck through a cafe window caused by a Bus with the number 180 on it!

Interesting fact Clear Rivers made an appearence this time as the name of a Hotel sponsor trade mark and throughout the start we see the deaths of the first 3 movies presented in CGI by skeletons :p

If anyone want's more spoilers then just ask :)

Wait a minute, wasn't the flight of the first film Flight no. 180? :O

[Too see the message put your mouse over the sentence ]
Wasn't there a girl who died in the Hairdresser?

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 20:35
Wait a minute, wasn't the flight of the first film Flight no. 180? :O

[Too see the message put your mouse over the sentence and copy]
Wasn't there a girl who died in the Hairdresser?

SPOILER

She does die she goes to get her hair cut and the dresser is out because of the crash previously in the film and he is condoling his family. The reception gives in and gives her a trainee goth girl to cut her hair. She lets the goth girl cut it whilst another woman eerily scrapes her toenail. The scissors cut close to her eye and she cuts her fringe. The hairdressing chair lowers on its own because it has a broke lever. The woman nearly gets her eyes poked out and her two twin sons come in to get her as she told them to meet her in an hour. They smash something and were previously out front trying to hit a sign in the grass with a pebble. The pebble is ran over by a man on a lawnmower and spins into her eye killing her instantly...

Any more :)

WCookie
28-08-09, 20:40
SPOILER

She does die she goes to get her hair cut and the dresser is out because of the crash previously in the film and he is condoling his family. The reception gives in and gives her a trainee goth girl to cut her hair. She lets the goth girl cut it whilst another woman eerily scrapes her toenail. The scissors cut close to her eye and she cuts her fringe. The hairdressing chair lowers on its own because it has a broke lever. The woman nearly gets her eyes poked out and her two twin sons come in to get her as she told them to meet her in an hour. They smash something and were previously out front trying to hit a sign in the grass with a pebble. The pebble is ran over by a man on a lawnmower and spins into her eye killing her instantly...

Any more :)

Ouch, my eyes >_>
I don't want to know anymore because I'll try to fake my age and see the movie. :p
But thank you! :hug:
Ouch, my eyes ;-;

TRhalloween
28-08-09, 20:44

lol I know.
They should call the fifth one The Final Destinations.

TombRaiderLover
28-08-09, 20:52

It's better than the Rambo series. :p

First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo III
Rambo

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 20:58
Ouch, my eyes >_>
I don't want to know anymore because I'll try to fake my age and see the movie. :p
But thank you! :hug:
Ouch, my eyes ;-;

You are welcome :hug:

For those curious I've decide to put the deaths up on here to be warned for the violence if you are squeamish because this would be even more violent than the third to me:

The Mechanics wife is seen in the first premonition she is killed by a tire to the head as she is in the vision her heads inside splat everywhere.

The Mechanic is imaled through the throat and out the mouth by a loose piece of stand he is actually hit by a tank and pushed through a fence into square pieces.

A piece of rubble throws the man in the cowboy hat against a pillar he is flattened by a bathtub falling through the floor of a flooding room above him.

The racists wife is sliced in half by the protective fence at the rally we don't see how she dies at the rally but we know she does.

Janet gets crushed under a stand at the rally. She then gets dozens of nails in her face at the cinema and finally she is hit by a truck at the cafe.

George is put into flames. He is later hit by an ambulance.

The racist is seen getting sliced by a fence with his wife but her is set on fire and dragged down the road by his own truck.

Hunt is seen getting crushed with Janet but instead he is sucked into a pull the suction stops because his back side is covering the suck to make the pump work. The pump builds up pressure his guts are sucked out of his ass and into the tank they splatter like a firework display!

Samantha is seen getting hit with a car part. She gets impaled through the eye with the pebble her sons threw at the salon killing her instantly.

Nick's Girl friend is seen put into flames with George. She gets flattened and blended by an escalator. She finally dies by a truck at the cafe.

Nick is impaled through the heart. He is killed at the cafe by a truck.

I hope this helps with what you are expecting...

WCookie
28-08-09, 21:11
You are welcome :hug:

For those curious I've decide to put the deaths up on here to be warned for the violence if you are squeamish because this would be even more violent than the third to me:

The Mechanics wife is seen in the first premonition she is killed by a tire to the head as she is in the vision her heads inside splat everywhere.

The Mechanic is imaled through the throat and out the mouth by a loose piece of stand he is actually hit by a tank and pushed through a fence into square pieces.

A piece of rubble throws the man in the cowboy hat against a pillar he is flattened by a bathtub falling through the floor of a flooding room above him.

The racists wife is sliced in half by the protective fence at the rally we don't see how she dies at the rally but we know she does.

Janet gets crushed under a stand at the rally. She then gets dozens of nails in her face at the cinema and finally she is hit by a truck at the cafe.

George is put into flames. He is later hit by an ambulance.

The racist is seen getting sliced by a fence with his wife but her is set on fire and dragged down the road by his own truck.

Hunt is seen getting crushed with Janet but instead he is sucked into a pull the suction stops because his back side is covering the suck to make the pump work. The pump builds up pressure his guts are sucked out of his ass and into the tank they splatter like a firework display!

Samantha is seen getting hit with a car part. She gets impaled through the eye with the pebble her sons threw at the salon killing her instantly.

Nick's Girl friend is seen put into flames with George. She gets flattened and blended by an escalator. She finally dies by a truck at the cafe.

Nick is impaled through the heart. He is killed at the cafe by a truck.

I hope this helps with what you are expecting...

!:vlol:

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 21:19
Oh another bit I must add Death's force has a more teasing personality. Death itself get's in contact with the character as it writes "it's coming" on wood we see through out all of Nick's visions. Finally we see Death has written "It's here" on the cafe table underneath the newly crossed out previous message and the truck hits them. This means death has had a set list of it's own all along and it intended them to die in the cafe according to it's own plans :)

To be honest I thought this one might suck but I was sooo wrong I think I like this one the best of all four even without the 3D although it seems a boring sight after seeing the proper experience the deaths were the most horrific and frightening. Janet at the car wash being slowly choked by her own car's sun roof prooves just how supernatural and ironic this has been. This movie is full of irony before Samatha's eye is gauged out she says "I got my eye on you two."

toxicraider
28-08-09, 21:22
I saw this film today, It was amazing. :D
*Spoilers*
Some of it was to OTT, but the part where the woman had the haircut, and the scissor clearing out under her toenails was so suspenseful.

The worst part was the snake, I hate them!

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 21:27
I saw this film today, It was amazing. :D

Did you like it as much as the first three I didn't think they could better it after 3 but I was sooo wrong :p

toxicraider
28-08-09, 21:32
Did you like it as much as the first three I didn't think they could better it after 3 but I was sooo wrong :p

I've not seen them; I didn't even know what the film would be like until it was starting. :vlol:

Are the others 15's as well? How do they all compare?

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 21:36
I've not seen them; I didn't even know what the film would be like until it was starting. :vlol:

Are the others 15's as well? How do they all compare?

The others are 15 and tamer although the third is on par with 4 still less violent in my opinion. There is nudity but not sex scenes especially none so raunchily displayed as in this. I was thinking the sex scene in this should've made this move an 18 because it was soo darned rough :cln:

It was far worse than anything in WANTED and that film was harsh and 18.

toxicraider
28-08-09, 21:38
The others are 15 and tamer although the third is on par with 4 still less violent in my opinion. There is nudity but not sex scenes especially none so raunchily displayed as in this. I was thinking the sex scene in this should've made this move an 18 because it was soo darned rough :cln:

It was far worse than anything in WANTED and that film was harsh and 18.

I'm surprised it wasn't an 18 too.

Tonyrobinson
28-08-09, 21:44
I'm surprised it wasn't an 18 too.

Some of the scenes were intense. A mother being killed infront of her own screaming children, A girls bones slapping about and crunching through cogs and her dimented screaming, A boy underwater shouting for help knowing nobody can here his screams when he's unable to move, the broken wooden stand through the guys throat and mouth, the X-rated Love scene or the extreme close up of a guys mashed body being slid through a fence :p

WCookie
28-08-09, 21:50
Some of the scenes were intense. A mother being killed infront of her own screaming children, A girls bones slapping about and crunching through cogs and her dimented screaming, A boy underwater shouting for help knowing nobody can here is screams when he's unable to move, the broken wooden stand through the guys throat and mouth, the X-rated Love scene or the extreme close up of a guys mashed body being slid through a fence :p

I should totally go see the film, but I have a childish face and I'm too small, damn you 13 years :ohn: (Just joking >_>)

That cog part must be freaky, but then, we would have... the PANCAKE GIRL:

http://i31.************/2rh0ewl.jpg

toxicraider
28-08-09, 21:50
Some of the scenes were intense. A mother being killed infront of her own screaming children, A girls bones slapping about and crunching through cogs and her dimented screaming, A boy underwater shouting for help knowing nobody can here his screams when he's unable to move, the broken wooden stand through the guys throat and mouth, the X-rated Love scene or the extreme close up of a guys mashed body being slid through a fence :p
And the guts and stray liver blobbing on the poolside! :p

^^
Actually only two of us had ID but they let the others in too (I'm over the age anyway)

TRhalloween
28-08-09, 21:52
How does the guy in the pool die?

Lee croft
28-08-09, 21:54
I should totally go see the film, but I have a childish face and I'm too small, damn you 13 years :ohn: (Just joking >_>)

That cog part must be freaky, but then, we would have... the PANCAKE GIRL:

http://i31.************/2rh0ewl.jpg

at least she got a pancake to go....

toxicraider
28-08-09, 21:57
How does the guy in the pool die?

*Spoilers*

He's at a public Swimming pool, on the phone to the friend (telling him not to go near water), but before the friend gets to tell him, some pesky kid squirts at him with a water gun. So he punctures the kids lilo, and throws the gun into a maintenance area, which knocks the 'Pool Draining' lever down. The pool starts to drain, lots.

Then some golfers hit a golf ball towards the pool, which knocks a coin out of the guy's hand. He dives in to get it, and manages to get his arse stuck on the draining hole :p. As the pressure builds, and he struggles to breathe or shout for help, the friend is racing towards the pool to try and warn him. When the friend arrives, the pressure on the pipe reaches a warning level, and the pipe shoots out a lot of blood and some guts.

Sorry if this is too gory :o

Lee croft
28-08-09, 22:02
*Spoilers*

He's at a public Swimming pool, on the phone to the friend (telling him not to go near water), but before the friend gets to tell him, some pesky kid squirts at him with a water gun. So he punctures the kids lilo, and throws the gun into a maintenance area, which knocks the 'Pool Draining' lever down. The pool starts to drain, lots.

Then some golfers hit a golf ball towards the pool, which knocks a coin out of the guy's hand. He dives in to get it, and manages to get his arse stuck on the draining hole :p. As the pressure builds, and he struggles to breathe or shout for help, the friend is racing towards the pool to try and warn him. When the friend arrives, the pressure on the pipe reaches a warning level, and the pipe shoots out a lot of blood and some guts.

ugh im not watching this one

WCookie
28-08-09, 22:07
*Spoilers*

Oh My Gut!

I didn't really understanded the car wash death ._.

TRhalloween
28-08-09, 22:08
*Spoilers*

lmao

This is just getting ridiculous.

FD- Slips and chokes to death, hit by bus, knife falls on her etc. Freak accidents.

I hate all these elaborations.

trlestew
28-08-09, 22:11
Are you serious? :( I was hoping TFD would match up to the goodness of FD1 and FD2 withe the gory deaths, but their not insanely stupid or over the top. And I can only imagine how someone dies in a car wash :rolleyes:

toxicraider
28-08-09, 22:14
lmao

FD- Slips and chokes to death, hit by bus, knife falls on her etc. Freak accidents.

To be fair, half of them died pretty straight-forwardly.

^^

Nobody died in a car wash, Janet nearly drowned, and had her head crushed but got rescued.

**LARA LOVER**
28-08-09, 22:18
I was thinking of seeing the New one next week. But how gory is it and did anyone see it in 3-D, if so how was it?

toxicraider
28-08-09, 22:22
I was thinking of seeing the New one next week. But how gory is it and did anyone see it in 3-D, if so how was it?

The 3D effect was amazing, things flew out across the screen that look like they were right infront of you. (I actually though a stray wrapper had flown over my head :o)
The effect isn't perfect and the colours are made a little dull, plus it can be annoying because you keep wanting to focus on things, but can't, but I don't think it would be worth seeing it in 2D.

It was very, very gory.

trlestew
28-08-09, 22:26
Oh wow... hmm, I might see this. Maybe not though.

And am i the only one who literally laughed the first time I saw the tanning salon death in FD3?

**LARA LOVER**
28-08-09, 22:30
Humm well I might see it I will probably freak out though! :p

ThatNorskChick
28-08-09, 22:45
I have to take my sister and her friends to see this stupid ass movie tonight. I don't get the fascination with watching a whole movie of people dying in sick, horrific ways, but ya know. Wish me luck! :) :p

Chocola teapot
28-08-09, 22:46
Good luck! :)

**LARA LOVER**
28-08-09, 22:48
Hahaha good luck ThatNorskChick! :p

takamotosan
28-08-09, 23:29
Oh wow... hmm, I might see this. Maybe not though.

And am i the only one who literally laughed the first time I saw the tanning salon death in FD3?

I'm leery about getting in a tanning bed after seeing that :o

TRhalloween
29-08-09, 02:30

And if that didn't scare you skin cancer will.

thecentaur
29-08-09, 02:40

sun tanning is the better :p :cool:

can't wait for the 4th one :)

TRhalloween
29-08-09, 02:58
lmao

And by this post I mean they were acceptable deaths since they were just freak accidents yet the newer ones seem OTT.

Tonyrobinson
29-08-09, 11:41
The new ones are extremely over the top but thats what makes them so good it also adds the comedy of watching the other character being splattered with guts.

One bit I disliked to the movie was when they all toasted to wine after about an hour at George's house it was too cheesy. Or the cheesy ironicness of Samantha's death .i.e "I've got my eye on you two!"

Bonus heads up for those going to see the 3D version at Omniplex theatre's: No Trailers :jmp:

I loved the omens in this movie:

"It's coming/It's here" on the coffee table

Clear Rivers Water resort sign

180 Bus

180 on the security monitor of the Race track

The 3D Movie/Poster what the girls watched

Tip for those wanting to see this movie who have seen the previous installments. Don't expect a good story with likeable characters go in with an open mind and expect to see a fast paced gore fest with an awesome soundtrack :)

Survival
29-08-09, 13:03
Worst of the series... just why did they cut out 9 minutes of story in favour of retarded test screening audience is beyond me :wve:

Tonyrobinson
29-08-09, 15:01
It's one of my favourites of the series because of the gore this time around. I love three but the 3D may have made me like this one a bit better because the story hasn't got much subtance, but it sure is a gore fest!

erosan
29-08-09, 15:04
I saw it yesterday and it was just horrible. Poor acting, it was very predictable, and overall worst of the series. The third was so much better.

Minimus
29-08-09, 15:09
I watched it today! It was so good :cln:

I can't decide if the newest one is my favourite or the third one :jmp:

Survival
29-08-09, 16:12
It's one of my favourites of the series because of the gore this time around. I love three but the 3D may have made me like this one a bit better because the story hasn't got much subtance, but it sure is a gore fest!

CGI gore and this time really over the top deaths just doesn´t work for me. I love the pure fun factor FD2 had and the dark morbid and cruel atmosphere FD1 and 3 had... all TFD has is nonstop action and rehashed characters with no distinctive personality. It´s fun and it´s astill quite a good movie but it´s the weakest one in the series imho ... worst acting, script, effects and overall presentation.

Oh and the element of suspense and suprise was gone allthogether.

I Need A Map
29-08-09, 16:26
They are all good films, the writers must have some weird twisted minds to come up with all the different ways people can die in "accidents"!
The most gruesome 1 I thought was I think in the third film when the 2 cheerleaders get trapped in the tanning booths and fry!:yik:

robm_2007
29-08-09, 16:27
how stupid is them adding the word "the" to the title?

they couldnt have thought of a subtitle to add?

Tonyrobinson
29-08-09, 16:32
I agree on the lack of suspense all apart from the salon scene. The music and woman getting her toe nails scraped with the scalple was so suspensful to me. Then when the chair dropped when the scissors where so close to her eye was freaky too. The music helped aswell.

DEgnrgBTqLI

Also when Jimmy was nailed to the wall trying to put out the fire I was on the edge of my seat :D

Survival
29-08-09, 16:38
I agree on the lack of suspense all apart from the salon scene. The music and woman getting her toe nails scraped with the scalple was so suspensful to me. Then when the chair dropped when the scissors where so close to her eye was freaky too. The music helped aswell.

The music was excellent... definitely the best of the series :tmb:

Tonyrobinson
29-08-09, 16:39
I love how they made the race sound like a video games racing music aswell it added a comedic side.

Minimus
29-08-09, 18:22
Also when Jimmy was nailed to the wall trying to put out the fire I was on the edge of my seat :D

Who's Jimmy :confused:

I think you mean Nick ;)

Tonyrobinson
29-08-09, 20:03
Who's Jimmy :confused:

I think you mean Nick ;)

Yes I mean Nick I must've been watching something when I typed that :p

TRhalloween
30-08-09, 10:35

for example:

yeah...

Everyone dies, not just the black guys :p

Minimus
30-08-09, 13:51
Yes I mean Nick I must've been watching something when I typed that :p

Lol :D

The escalator scene was the BEST part, in my opinion!!! Really gross, but had me on the edge of my seat :jmp:

And if anyone wants to know what my face looked like at that part...

http://i25.************/9098ht.png

CrypticDream
30-08-09, 14:31
^
:vlol:
I Can't wait till I see The Final Destination!! I think it looks awesome!! :D

Minimus
30-08-09, 14:38
^
:vlol:
I Can't wait till I see The Final Destination!! I think it looks awesome!! :D

Trust me, it is :D

Tonyrobinson
30-08-09, 14:56
The escalator scene was the worst because I'm already **** scared of those things and the graphness of it. You see the pressure and guts swell up into her upperleg as the other part is flattened and then the upper part just explodes. It's horrible but oh so fun to watch. Definatley the most violent of death in this. Or the tyre girl at the start :D

trlestew
30-08-09, 19:38
I just saw this movie.

Its really short.
I liked the new "art style" they did with the intro (but it would've been spoilerific for the people who have'nt seen the first 3)

I agree the suspense was sorta lacking. The whole escalater scene was scary. You just see her legs getting crushed and her upper body just sliding under it. disgusting.
The pool part almost made me vomit.

Overall the movies OK, better than the 3rd, but cant compare to the 1st two.
The ending was just messed up though. And so was the end of the salon, I mean how cruel is it for The two boys' mother to die right in front of them.

A really twisted movie.

thecentaur
30-08-09, 19:48
Is it just me or do the people who survive always end up getting the victim's blood on them somehow? :confused: At least from the death scenes I've seen..

Tonyrobinson
31-08-09, 01:31
Is it just me or do the people who survive always end up getting the victim's blood on them somehow? :confused: At least from the death scenes I've seen..

Yes that tends to always happen providing it's a death where they are wounded some how :p

Tommy123
31-08-09, 02:57
The escalator scene was the worst because I'm already **** scared of those things and the graphness of it. You see the pressure and guts swell up into her upperleg as the other part is flattened and then the upper part just explodes. It's horrible but oh so fun to watch. Definatley the most violent of death in this. Or the tyre girl at the start :D

i havent seen it but im already scared

trlestew
31-08-09, 10:03
Am I the only one who hated Janet? :p
I mean she's so stuck up and what-not. remember the movie theater premonition?
"I am going to sit here and WATCH-THIS-MOVIE!!!"
she should've died in the car wash.

Croft, Lara
31-08-09, 10:14
If they make another one, I have crazy idea for one of the characters....

http://www.cr3static.com/syncdata/b3ta/gif/cat.gif

Tonyrobinson
31-08-09, 16:02
I hated Janet she was a total *****.

"I was meant to see... this... MOVIE!"

<<KABOOM!>>

Minimus
01-09-09, 02:35
I think Janet was just too mentally traumatized to accept that death was still after them ;)

I seriously thought Hunt was going to drown in that scene...

I was wrong

Oh God, when they were watching that 3D Film in the cinema... whilst I was watching the film in 3D in the cinema... I was screaming inside, lol

Mokono
01-09-09, 02:37
*feels tempted to post gifs of the deaths*

TRhalloween
01-09-09, 02:38
The title "Final Destination" only made sense in the first two movies because the characters were actually travelling somewhere.

Minimus
01-09-09, 02:40
*feels tempted to post gifs of the deaths*

Do you have the real videos?! I'd LOVE to see 'em again :jmp:

trlestew
01-09-09, 02:40
Exactly. And thats one key element why the first two are "good" and the third and foruth are "meh"

Tonyrobinson
01-09-09, 02:42
You know I disliked the first. The second was okay and the third and fourth were great :)

Survival
01-09-09, 04:51
Well death is their "Final Destination" anyway :p.

touchthesky
01-09-09, 10:26
I liked the film :) Saw it in 3D on Saturday.

Was it just me or did it seem very...quick? It seemed to pass in a flash.

I liked the main death at the beginning..the race track one.

Survival
01-09-09, 12:15
Was it just me or did it seem very...quick? It seemed to pass in a flash.

After the test screening they cut out 9 minutes of plot / character development because teenage audience bragged about it being too slow :rolleyes:

touchthesky
01-09-09, 12:31
After the test screening they cut out 9 minutes of plot / character development because teenage audience bragged about it being too slow :rolleyes:

Damn, those 9 minutes could really have made the film better. Oh well, perhaps when the DVD comes out they'll add it.

Survival
01-09-09, 12:32
Damn, those 9 minutes could really have made the film better. Oh well, perhaps when the DVD comes out they'll add it.

I sure hope so :).

TombRaiderLover
01-09-09, 12:37

That's just ridiculous. I swear the majority of teenagers' attention spans are becoming increasingly short. They need an explosion every five seconds, otherwise they whine about how dull it is - and by whining about it, they miss some of the more important elements of the film, can't understand it, then whine some more.

I'm surprised Titantic is so popular, considering it's three-hours long.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 12:40
i cant wait for this :cln:
^^^ and titanic is one of my favourite films

the length doesnt matter, its a real story and its heartbreaking

im really into that kind of thing

touchthesky
01-09-09, 13:05
I sure hope so :).

Fingers crossed eh?

My boyfriend hated the theatrical cut of the new F13th but when the DVD came out with the extra footage he can't seem to get enough of it. So for some folk, those 9 minutes will make all the difference.

I never mentioned in my other post, I looved the opening credits.

Paddy
01-09-09, 13:39
I quite enjoyed the first film years ago.
Did scare me , never did see the sequels but I never trust sequels to be good.

xx_Hunt_xx
01-09-09, 13:55
I really disliked this film.
The acting was poor. So much so that it was laughable. Feel like im the only one to dislike it. Even the deaths, they where good, but not great (theres a sentence i thought id never say) the only death i thought was remotly good was pool death

Mystery-King
01-09-09, 19:40
I finally watched the third one the other day and I was disgusted by the sunbed death. I thought it just went over the top. I want to see the 4th one though. So guys, whats your fave death?

I loved the one with the fire and spaghetti and ladder, so original! :D

Survival
01-09-09, 20:39
Favourite?

Gee propably the death of Mrs.Lewton in first FD. I love the actress and it was painful to see her go down like that but the execution of that scene was awesome.

touchthesky
01-09-09, 21:57
Favourite?

Gee propably the death of Mrs.Lewton in first FD. I love the actress and it was painful to see her go down like that but the execution of that scene was awesome.

Ah that one used to always creep me out so bad!

My favourite one is probably Todd's (shower 'suicide') in the first one, or Evans (ouchy eye-mess :P) in the second one.

WCookie
01-09-09, 22:14
I just saw some deaths of TFD (on youtube) and I really laughed at the Samantha Death, but got scared too.

"I got my eye on you" :pi:

Little did she knew that she was wrong :pi:

TRhalloween
01-09-09, 23:21
When lori gets killed in the escalator, is that a vision or "real life"?

WCookie
01-09-09, 23:26

I think it is a vision because she actually Gets killed by the truck on the cafe.

Lee croft
01-09-09, 23:37
The title "Final Destination" only made sense in the first two movies because the characters were actually travelling somewhere.

Its called Final Destination because the events where the main person in the film sees it acciedent happening is by fate supposed to be the final destination of there lives

TRhalloween
01-09-09, 23:39
Its called Final Destination because the events where the main person in the film sees it acciedent happening is by fate supposed to be the final destination of there lives

That doesn't make complete sense to me. A don't see an accident as a destination. It makes sense as a tongue-in-cheek phrase for a plane landing or something but not for a racetrack or a roller-coaster.

Lee croft
01-09-09, 23:48
But the destination of where the accident happens is ment to be the final one

TRhalloween
01-09-09, 23:50
I think I get it now :o

I'm kind of slow :D

Lee croft
01-09-09, 23:51
No your not im a bimbo im not good at explaining things which makes it difficult to get my point accross :o

trlestew
01-09-09, 23:56
I just saw some deaths of TFD (on youtube) and I really laughed at the Samantha Death, but got scared too.

"I got my eye on you" :pi:

SPOLIER!

How could you laugh?
That part didnt scare me but i thought it was insanely cruel that she died right in front of her screaming kids.

And the nail gun in Fd3 is my favortie. IDK why but I always crack up laughing at that. also the ladder part in FD2. thats like the best part in the movie imo. action, suspense, calm, and then, well y'know.

@xx_hunt_xx Your not the only one who disliked it. My review earlier was being VERy generous.

WCookie
02-09-09, 11:21
How could you laugh?
That part didnt scare me but i thought it was insanely cruel that she died right in front of her screaming kids.

And the nail gun in Fd3 is my favortie. IDK why but I always crack up laughing at that. also the ladder part in FD2. thats like the best part in the movie imo. action, suspense, calm, and then, well y'know.

@xx_hunt_xx Your not the only one who disliked it. My review earlier was being VERy generous.

Well ok, I was bad, but I didn't laugh something like "OMG HAHAHAH SHE GOT HER EYES FLYING WEEE"
It was the irony of what she said and what happened. ._.

Survival
02-09-09, 11:52
TFD had lots of these ironic moments...

The part with the racist guy being dragged by the truck with "Why can´t we just be firends..." playing on the radio was awesome :).

touchthesky
02-09-09, 12:19

Vision..A really disgusting one, but a vision all the same lol.

Survival
02-09-09, 12:37
Speaking about visions I think they really overdone it in this one. In previous films there was only initial vision of the accident and everything else had to be figured out via omens etc. They really took the cheap route this time... It also killed most of the tension because they show you whole death in vision (And you know it´s a vision).

Ah that one used to always creep me out so bad!

My favourite one is probably Todd's (shower 'suicide') in the first one, or Evans (ouchy eye-mess :P) in the second one.

I love the setups to both those deaths (something severely lacking in TFD). Todd´s death is first "accident" of the series and it made me believe the death will stage everything as suicides... but no such luck, they just had to go really messy right with the next accident lol.

Jo269976
02-09-09, 12:39
Vision..A really disgusting one, but a vision all the same lol.

Seemed a bit cartoon-like to me, I couldn't see an esculator having so much power it could crush someone in four seconds flat.

Survival
02-09-09, 12:47
Most of the deaths in TFD played more on "Urban Legend" fears then realism (that was never a strong point of the series anyway). Being crushed by an escalator, intestines sucked out in the pool (actually happened btw!), death in car wash etc. When I was a kid I always had these thoughts about "what would happen if something went wrong while we´re in car wash" or "what if it there´s explosion or fire while we´re watching the movie?".

Jo269976
02-09-09, 12:52
Being crushed by an escalator,

This also happened to an eight year old Indian girl.

touchthesky
02-09-09, 12:59
Does anyone think that they maybe played up to the 3d a bit too much? Hence the over-the-topness of it all?

Maybe if the movie hadn't been in 3d it could have been an entirely different thing.

Survival
02-09-09, 13:10
Of course. If it´s 3D they always focuse most on that aspect. It´s the reason why actors and story usualy suck in 3D movies. Shooting in 3D is not exactly easy and director usually focuses on that because it takes a lot of time to set up the shot again.

Nenya awakens
02-09-09, 13:14
Can we remember to put spoilers in white, I am sick of selfish people not caring that some people have not seen the new film yet, this is after all a General Final Destination thread.

Have a bit of consideration.

Survival
02-09-09, 13:17
Everything´s been spoiled by trailers and tv spots already...

But you´re right as always :D Changed! :)

Nenya awakens
02-09-09, 13:23
Everything´s been spoiled by trailers and tv spots already...

But you´re right as always :D Changed! :)

I've only watched one trailer and i haven't seen any T.V spots.

Survival
02-09-09, 13:27
I've only watched one trailer and i haven't seen any T.V spots.

Well the scenes I mentioned are all in the trailer (just without the messy stuff of course) :).

Nenya awakens
02-09-09, 13:33
Well the scenes I mentioned are all in the trailer (just without the messy stuff of course) :).

Its ok I wasn't talking about you, it's the people who keeps describing the new deaths in detail :hug:

touchthesky
02-09-09, 21:40
I don't think I've done that..I apologise if I have.

Has anyone read any of the books? They are just film-tie-ins but they're good..well, I have the first one lol and thats good.

Dark Lugia 2
02-09-09, 21:47
I saw the new one in 3Dtoday... WOAH! LOL So much tension, it felt slightly rushed but he deaths werent too close, it was like the 3rd in those terms. The 3D was done ver well, I've never seen a 3D movie before so I cant compare. Lots of flinching!

Is this supposed to be the last film in the series?

trlestew
02-09-09, 21:53
it should hence the title "THE final destination"
But honestly I think this movie should have a sequal if you've paid a bit more attention to whats hapened in the first 3 and the whole movie theater incident.

I honestly thought Final destination 3 shouldv'e been the last one though. It closed up all loose holes and had a conclusion to the whole seirs imo.

Survival
03-09-09, 07:34
I don't think I've done that..I apologise if I have.

Has anyone read any of the books? They are just film-tie-ins but they're good..well, I have the first one lol and thats good.

I read only one but it´s about Jack the Ripper and it was great...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5135G69MJDL._SS500_.jpg