PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drinks

gbetch
27-08-09, 04:14
k, so this is really really random but i was wondering who on here drinks energy drinks? I personally am addicted to one in particular, Monster. I was wondering who else on here drinks a lot of energy drinks like i do (almost au naussium) and what ones you prefer.

(it should be noted i am currently teeth-grindingly filled with caffine at the moment)

Tombraiderx08
27-08-09, 04:15
Im addicted! i had 2 lo carb ones today :D i collect the colorful tabs >.<

Catracoth
27-08-09, 04:32
I drink one occasionally, if I'm in the mood for something sweet and tart. Monster is usually my first choice, but I've been getting fond of Red Bull. I don't see how they give you energy since they're just liquid sugar really. If anything, diabetes is on the horizon.

Admles
27-08-09, 04:34
I try to avoid the stuff because they aren't good for you, but I will drink a red bull when I really need one.

I work at a service station at the edge of an industrial estate, and energy drinks are our biggest seller. Some guys drink 3-4 a day - the more you use them, the less effect they end up having, and long term health effects are not good.

gbetch
27-08-09, 04:36
ugh, i hate red bull, i only drink Monster. I have tried other, like, Full Throtle or Amp'd but i always return to Monster, it is my vice. And the colorful tabs make me smile.

ihatecold17
27-08-09, 04:39
I never ever drink them, I don't like how they taste, and they're really bad for you. Plus I don't need any more energy

maniakatosheto
27-08-09, 04:53
energy drinks suck >> i hate em .. but having like my energy lol :D they should make a drink with half of my energy

miss.haggard
27-08-09, 04:55
I drank a Bawls once, before paintball. I ended up puking. So you can maybe see my opinion on energy drinks.

badboy70
27-08-09, 07:47
Nah, I don't drink them.
They usually taste bad aswell :p

Psychos'Я'Us
27-08-09, 07:51
Oh I used to be a huge Energy Drink addict...I used to drink like 4 Red Bulls a day lmao but yeah, I stopped since they're really bad for you and now I don't drink them at all :o

Fish.
27-08-09, 08:10
I like Monster, Amp and Vault, even though the last one isn't an energy drink. I tried Red Bull and Rockstar and they were both disgusting. I barely drink an energy drink - maybe once a month - because they're really bad for you.

Ikas90
27-08-09, 08:17
I like Red Bull, but I only drink it when I'm tired and at work or college. :p

Lost_Soul
27-08-09, 08:24
Well I used to be addicted to them for about 2 years. Battery was my favourite. I drank at least 15 or so cans a week. But it messed up my stomach so bad that I still can't eat spicy foods or carbonated drinks without getting a stomach ache. I've had to go to the doctor countless times and have had to do all kinds of annoying tests and ultrasounds. Strong coffee makes my stomach hurt too.

So my suggestion is: don't drink too many of them. I still drink an energy drink sometimes when I've had like 2-4 hours of sleep and I have to be at work or have a test. But not more than 1 every few months.

Thorir
27-08-09, 09:41
Red Bull was only recently made legal in Norway this summer, so I drink it sometimes. :)
32mg/100ml caffeine was concidered too high a dose, which is ridiculous since most adults drink a litre of strong black coffee every day. :D

I mostly drink coffee, but it's nice to have something cold and refreshing once in a while. Red Bull really overpriced though. Hopefully other brands will come soon too since 32mg caffeine now is legal.

tomblover
27-08-09, 09:46
I like a Red Bull from time to time. :)

But I usually drink iced latte or Coke or something if I want a caffeine kick. :vlol:

coolaideonfire
27-08-09, 09:48
I used to rely on Red Bull just to function and toddle around the house when I was unwell. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed otherwise! I don't drink those kind of drinks now I am getting better, they probably weren't doing me any favours but I only thought in the present moment back then.

Now I drink mostly water and juice. :cln:

Phlip
27-08-09, 09:54
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/The-drink-of-fictional-char.jpg
I love Lucozade. :D I have them on car journeys.

scremanie
27-08-09, 09:57
I dislike drinking them because they fudge you up... big time.. but every now and then I will have a V :)

http://productsfromnz.com/art_dir/V_4Pack_4Varieties.jpg

January_Snow*
27-08-09, 10:14
I hate energy drinks, they taste so dry and sweet, I just cant stand that taste, it always makes me thirsty, plus to much energy drinks can give you a heart attack, one of my friends friend died so :(

Hermina94
27-08-09, 11:03
I drink Red Bull and Guarana really rarelly...and yeah,they're really bad for you..
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2327/12582347/22382234/372831016.jpg

that't the LAST THING I want ^^

Drone
27-08-09, 11:06
I don't ever drink them, don't want either. My energy bar is fine anyway :)

maniakatosheto
27-08-09, 11:18
The ultimate source of energy : Eat lots of fruits and vegetables * i wrote it with 3 spelling mistakes :yah: * and get lots of sleep. and if you train something . make sure you keep the program absolutely the same. without changing even 1 detail of it. And in a week time you'll feel a massive result ... For me it's been like i dunno ... 11 or 12 years i'm like an tireless machine. *cept that i started smoking >.>* which cuts my thingies by 25 % but thats another fact ^^

MiCkiZ88
27-08-09, 11:22
I dislike drinking them because they fudge you up... big time.. but every now and then I will have a V :)

I'm not certain if that is the one that I love, but it's a green can and says afternoon wakeup call. Could be V, but anyways.. I LOVE IT.

I don't drink energy drinks that much. Just occasionally at work (physical work) if I didn't get much sleep the night before. I just love the really sour taste to them.

Encore
27-08-09, 18:39
I like Red Bull. And, it's the only thing that can take sleepiness away from me, because Coca-Cola and coffee (at least the type of coffee I drink - Nespresso) don't work. :(

I don't see how they give you energy since they're just liquid sugar really.

For starters, sugar IS transformed into energy by your body.

But at least Red Bull also has a quantity of caffeine that's above average, and some taurine as well.

Romantics Inc.
27-08-09, 18:40
I love them! LOL! I got tired of Monster, so I moved on to Red Bull and Venom and Bawlz XD

Joely-Moley
27-08-09, 18:43
I'm not too keen on energy drinks but if I do get one, it''ll probably be Relentless. I'd prefer a coffee though.

Mr.Burns
27-08-09, 18:44
Won't touch the crap. Not worth the money.

Romantics Inc.
27-08-09, 18:47
Won't touch the crap. Not worth the money.

But it tastes so...godly...:jmp::jmp:

Tyrannosaurus
27-08-09, 19:30
I ended up buying many energy drinks, since I often stopped by whatever gas station happened to be nearby after work. Energy drinks were convenient because they came in cans and were easily accessible from the cup holders of my car. So I've tried everything nearly once.

I prefer amp to Monster myself, and I like those coffee energy drinks. But I haven't had anything in a while since I haven't had access to my car since moving to San Francisco.

Tomb-Dude
27-08-09, 19:41
I'm addicted to Cola :\

But I drink Red Bull and Relentless, occasionally. Like yesterday I had two cans of relentless. But those drinks don't do anything for me at all. So I can drink them easily :D

mind
27-08-09, 19:43
Love them. Especially with alcohol... just a little mix and I like myself so much :jmp:

Atlantisfreak666
27-08-09, 19:45
I drink Monster.

Catapharact
Not good for you.... AT ALL! Its the equivilent of drinking softdrinks without the carbonated taste. Whenever an energy drink claims that it has all natural ingredients, it usually doesn't. Plus its even more dangerous to drink them when alochol is added. Gatorade usually does a better job at keeping you hydrated and fresh then energy drinks.

Tombraiderx08
So fanatics, whats your favorite monster or w.e. Mine would probably be the original one, and theres this one rockstar... idr what it was but, omg its sooo good :cln:

Minty Mouth
27-08-09, 19:48
I dont really ever drink them. If I would it would be lucazade, and thats for the taste not the energy.

adventurerLara
27-08-09, 19:49
I'm guilty of drinking Lucozade from time to time.

Tommy123
27-08-09, 20:55
Monster coffie is amazing but the original is gross

Tombraiderx08
27-08-09, 20:56
the java monster, ah... ive heard its really amazingly good but im sort of afraid to try it :vlol:

Encore
27-08-09, 20:56
Not good for you.... AT ALL! Its the equivilent of drinking softdrinks without the carbonated taste. Whenever an energy drink claims that it has all natural ingredients, it usually doesn't. Plus its even more dangerous to drink them when alochol is added. Gatorade usually does a better job at keeping you hydrated and fresh then energy drinks.

The media seems to have created an urban myth about Red Bull causing heart attacks. So far I only heard of one case though.

Tombraiderx08
27-08-09, 20:58
The media seems to have created an urban myth about Red Bull causing heart attacks. So far I only heard of one case though. My friend felt like he was about to have one after chugging 5 monsters in like a few minutes :yik: he's a dummy though :pi: white text ftw... lulz

Catapharact
27-08-09, 21:00
The media seems to have created an urban myth about Red Bull causing heart attacks. So far I only heard of one case though.

Oh its not that Urban Myth I am concerned about.

Taken from marshfieldclinic.org:

“Many consumers have these energy drinks thinking they’re harmless pick-me ups,” said Denise Vander Koy, R.D., clinical dietitian, at the Clinic’s Wausau and Weston centers. But the drinks are high in sugar and caffeine, which comes from several sources, she said. “Many teenagers consume these drinks on a regular basis, and I don’t think parents realize how much caffeine and calories are in these drinks.”

Kerrigan
28-08-09, 11:22
I very much dislike the taste of any energy drink (not that I've tried that many of them), but I once drank Burn with vodka and it was the only time it wasn't half bad.Though I've read afterwards that energy drinks with alcohol make one particularly dangerous combination for your health.

I Need A Map
28-08-09, 11:51

I once heard of a guy who used to drink like 4 or 5 cans of red bull a day and he suffered a stroke...apparently his blood had sort of congealed into a kinda rubbery paste and couldn't flow through his veins anymore... probably another urban myth!:D