PDA

View Full Version : How did...

Surohicko
27-08-09, 16:32
How did Tokomoto (i think that's his name) get that fragment of the sword from and how etc.

Does anyone know??
If so i would seriously like to know

Thanks,
Surohicko

TRGamer8
27-08-09, 18:32
He stole it from some university -

V9vLKETqFZ0&feature=channel_page
^^ Watch this cutscene here from 3.45 - 4.00 :D

Surohicko
29-08-09, 00:49
Oh thanks...

Another question where did the university get the fragment then??

TRGamer8
29-08-09, 11:46
I don't know, that hasn't been told us in game, I think :o

jeffrey van oort
29-08-09, 12:11
It was recovered from dead English men. that is how it was said. It is probably from the same location as that shield?

Rai
29-08-09, 12:44
He took it from a university.

Look at this video. Tokomot says he took it from a 'dead Englishman...from the crusades'. He could have been talking about the university, that the dead Englishman's tomb was there? It wasn't clear. Tokomoto seems convinced he wasn't stealing from the university. Did he have it first but the university took it from him? It isn't clear where either could have found the sword fragment.

dwPTO85hF28.

aussie500
29-08-09, 13:23
It was recovered from dead English men. that is how it was said. It is probably from the same location as that shield?

How would Castle Carbonek be connected with the crusades? It was a crusader who originally had the fragment Takamoto stole from the University, one of Arthur's other knights most likely not Lancelot. The piece from the university was probably found some where in the middle east. Lancelot's Shield and the piece in Kazakhstan were found at Castle Carbonek.

He took it from a university.

Look at this video. Tokomot says he took it from a 'dead Englishman...from the crusades'. He could have been talking about the university, that the dead Englishman's tomb was there? It wasn't clear. Tokomoto seems convinced he wasn't stealing from the university. Did he have it first but the university took it from him? It isn't clear where either could have found the sword fragment.

Rai it was made very clear in the game that Takamoto stole the piece from the Waseda University.

January_Snow*
29-08-09, 14:33
It was a fragment of a sword recovered from a dead englishman in an university, Takamoto stole it...

Rai
29-08-09, 15:32
Rai it was made very clear in the game that Takamoto stole the piece from the Waseda University.

Yeah, that's what I said. :confused:

I was merely questioning Tokomoto's own insistence that he wasn't a thief. He says he took it from a dead Englishman from the Crusade era. I was presuming the Englishman's tomb is in the University. Which still contradicts his reasoning. Tokomoto seems to believe he has a right to the artefact.

Gherkin
04-09-09, 08:34
I don't know, that hasn't been told us in game, I think :o

Yes it has. Lara says it in Peru, looking at that "queen" (or whatever).

aussie500
04-09-09, 09:31
Yeah, that's what I said. :confused:

I was merely questioning Tokomoto's own insistence that he wasn't a thief. He says he took it from a dead Englishman from the Crusade era. I was presuming the Englishman's tomb is in the University. Which still contradicts his reasoning. Tokomoto seems to believe he has a right to the artefact.

He is already established in the game as a thief, swindler, and all round not nice person. He says he is fond of recovering objects from dead Englishmen, plural not singular. Not being an archaeologist himself he does not recover the artefacts from these Englishmen himself, he just buys or steals them, same as Lara herself does occasionally. She stole one piece from Rutland, stole another piece from a secret base in Kazakhstan, and killed Takamoto and took his piece, the only piece Lara herself recovered from a dead Englishman was the piece left with Arthur. Perhaps it would have been better if Takamoto had said "I am fond of recovering artefacts of dead Englishmen," but then being Japanese his English is not expected to be perfect. There are no tombs at universities, only artefacts recovered from tombs and archaeological sites. They lift the entire contents of a tomb and transport it to the university and is still stealing the artefact from the University.

TRGamer8
08-09-09, 14:10
Yes it has. Lara says it in Peru, looking at that "queen" (or whatever).

Oh, I forgot on that :o

lord gaga
22-06-10, 16:00
He killed someone and he stole it from the universaty. He had somehow found out what it was and stole it.It would have been cool if you could have played as him while he was stealing it after that turned out so good with kurtis.:ton:

almayah
03-07-10, 20:24
Oh thanks...

Another question where did the university get the fragment then??

How does Lara get her artifacts?