PDA

View Full Version : Evanescene are back

Tonyrobinson
30-08-09, 00:17
Well as the title reads it seems they are back and doing a tour in Brazil. The tickets go on sale 14th September. How does everyone feel they are back. Amy is set to have a surprise but it's sure to be announced before the tour dates perhaps they are planning a new single. :D

TRhalloween
30-08-09, 00:20
Did they split up?

Tonyrobinson
30-08-09, 00:22
They went on a two year break and have had no releases in three years. Excluding Sally's song as that was Amy's own song :)

I mispelt the thread title I feel so ashamed :(

Tony9595
30-08-09, 00:23
I wonder why I can't find any of their music on iTunes:confused:[/off_topic]

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-09, 00:23
whooop, i love evanescence! :ton:

Tombraiderx08
30-08-09, 00:24
Omg i almost spit my coke!!! I read somewhere on a blog of theirs (the official myspace) that they said something about a 4th album or something like that... im so excited :D

ThatNorskChick
Brazil! How about the US. :whi:

But sweet, I think they're an excellent band...I hope this means a new album. :D

thecentaur
Hooray :D

I remember when they were mainstream. I hope they have a new album :jmp: :cln:

Joely-Moley
30-08-09, 00:25
Isn't Amy Lee the only original member left?

Tonyrobinson
30-08-09, 00:25
Brazil is the only place confirmed so far. November 8th.

Evanescence will be at Maquinaria Festival, at the second night of this event, on november 8th. Big in the goth rock scenery, the american group is leaded by singer Amy Lee, the only member from the original line-up.

Evanescence has come to life in the mid of 1990s, but have recorded the first album in 2003. However, Fallen hitted the songs "My Immortal" and "Bring me to Life" and the group got 2 Grammys for Best New Act and Hard Rock Performance.

In 2006, The Open Door was very successful, with the song "Call Me When You're Sober".

The last tour was at Brazil also. In São Paulo, Evanescence played in april/2007, in Palmeiras stadium.

The previous night, Maquinária will bring to you Faith No More, Jane's Addiction and Deftones. JOSÉ NORBERTOFLESCH

tombraiderluka
30-08-09, 00:26
Wee, great news! :jmp:

miss.haggard
30-08-09, 00:37
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/trilogy6/no-darth_vader.jpg

Tonyrobinson
30-08-09, 00:40
^^^
It's the end of the world as we know it!

Amy Lee is going to blast out her beautifully crafted angel voice and bring doom!

:p :p :p

nickp364
30-08-09, 00:44
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/trilogy6/no-darth_vader.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully their depressive songs are never on the radio again lol.

Shauni
30-08-09, 00:52
Isn't Amy Lee the only original member left?
lol I was about to say that! Yeah the rest of her band left and are going by the name of "We are the fallen", with American Idol loser Carly as the lead singer :p But, I think both bands will make good music =]

AmericanAssassin
30-08-09, 00:54
Yay! :jmp: I was just wondering about this yesterday. I love Amy Lee. I've seen her in person. Sexy! :cln:

Joely-Moley
30-08-09, 00:56
lol I was about to say that! Yeah the rest of her band left and are going by the name of "We are the fallen", with American Idol loser Carly as the lead singer :p But, I think both bands will make good music =]

Wait, so the rest of Evanesence members that left got together and formed a new band all together? Interesting. :p

VictorXD
30-08-09, 01:41
Well as the title reads it seems they are back and doing a tour in Brazil. The tickets go on sale 14th September. How does everyone feel they are back. Amy is set to have a surprise but it's sure to be announced before the tour dates perhaps they are planning a new single. :D
:jmp:

But sweet, I think they're an excellent band...I hope this means a new album. :D
You have enough band already:rolleyes::p

miss.haggard
30-08-09, 01:59
Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully their depressive songs are never on the radio again lol.

Ah-greed. I would like it for my ears to not bleed anymore.

tranniversary119
30-08-09, 02:19
Saw them in concert they were actually pretty good :tmb: Glad to hear there slowly making there way back into the industry again.

irjudd
30-08-09, 03:29
Amy has a pretty voice, but the musical composition behind the songs is so very bland. If I really want gothic style chick rock I'll look to Lacuna Coil. :tmb:

Tonyrobinson
30-08-09, 03:32
Lucks good people,

Two new songs are listed and confirmed as official by bandmember Tim McCord.

They are called Fooled and Go :)

Joely-Moley
30-08-09, 03:32
Amy has a pretty voice, but the musical composition behind the songs is so very bland. If I really want gothic style chick rock I'll look to Lacuna Coil.

I love Lacuna Coil.
Cristina's voice is just amazing. :D

ThatNorskChick
30-08-09, 03:33
I love LC but I've always felt that Evanescence was musically a bit more interesting, or else it's just my personal taste. I think Nightwish beats both though. :cool:

Tonyrobinson
30-08-09, 03:34
http://www.billboard.com/#/artist/evanescence/discography/songs/510526

Songs listed here :)

Joely-Moley
30-08-09, 03:34
I love LC but I've always felt that Evanescence was musically a bit more interesting, or else it's just my personal taste. I think Nightwish beats both though. :cool:

Until they kicked out Tarja. :pi:

irjudd
30-08-09, 03:35
Until they kicked out Tarja. :pi:

Nah Anette is awesome. Not worse, or better than Tarja. Just different, but still great. :p

ThatNorskChick
30-08-09, 03:38
Nah Anette is awesome. Not worse, or better than Tarja. Just different, but still great. :p

:tmb: I never listened to them just because of Tarja anyway, the music is what makes them.

Joely-Moley
30-08-09, 03:40
I just can't get into their new album. Granted, I was a huge Tarja stan, but I did try and listen with an open mind and I tried to give Anette a chance but I just don't like her as the NW vocalist.

I don't think she has a bad voice either. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'll change my mind on the next album.

Back on topic, I'm actually interested to see if Ev will make a new album.

Tonyrobinson
30-08-09, 03:43
I just can't get into their new album. Granted, I was a huge Tarja stan, but I did try and listen with an open mind and I tried to give Anette a chance but I just don't like her as the NW vocalist.

I don't think she has a bad voice either. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'll change my mind on the next album.

Back on topic, I'm actually interested to see if Ev will make a new album.

As seen here and confirmed there is currently 'Go' and 'Fooled' to be released aswell as a song named 'Your Love' so it looks like we will be getting a new album next year as stated by Amy telling us to look out for new songs soon ;)

lara croft TR
30-08-09, 08:04
... :jmp: evanescence it's great!!! It would be awsome to have a new album... :yah:

off topic: Nightwish are as good as with Tarja as with Anette (even though they are different styles)

Bonez
30-08-09, 08:34
Fantastic news!

The Open Door is a brilliant album, and completely overlooked because Fallen was more commercially sucessful. =/

BlackRainbow
30-08-09, 09:51
That's great. :D I like them!

Your_Envy*
30-08-09, 10:01
:yik::yik::yik::yik::yik:

WHAAAAAAAT? I freakin' adore them! :cln: Thanks for sharing, I will faint anytime.

*faints*

:cln:

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-09, 10:10
:yik::yik::yik::yik::yik:

WHAAAAAAAT? I freakin' adore them! :cln: Thanks for sharing, I will faint anytime.

*faints*

:cln:

same hehe :ton:

they're music makes me go :jmp:

Your_Envy*
30-08-09, 10:14
same hehe :ton:

they're music makes me go :jmp:

I adore them since I was 15! :eek: That's almost 5 years. :cln: The music, the lyrics, whole Evanescence are running through my veins, I love them so much. :cln:

I feel you! :p

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-09, 10:17
I adore them since I was 15! :eek: That's almost 5 years. :cln: The music, the lyrics, whole Evanescence are running through my veins, I love them so much. :cln:

I feel you! :p

awesome!, i think iv liked them just as long also :hug:

Ada the Mental
30-08-09, 11:42
Huh. I thought they were done for good.
Anyway, I totally grew out of Evanescence but I'm curious about a new album and how they will sound. They are practically a brand new band now.

Kelly Craftman
30-08-09, 11:50
Evanescene is the only gothic band i listen to, so when im feeling sad i play Fallen or the open doors :o

:yah:

Marianna12
30-08-09, 12:13
I only listen to their songs when I'm sad too! They're SO GREAT!!!
:yah::yah::yah:

Night Crawler
30-08-09, 12:24
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/trilogy6/no-darth_vader.jpgI second it. Amy Lee is nothing but a fat, emo attention whore.

(Opinion) :rolleyes:

Nemo_91
30-08-09, 12:26
I found this on wikipedia:

In a news posting to the Evanescence website during June 2009, Amy Lee wrote that the band was in the process of writing new material for a new album proposed for release in 2010. She stated that the music would be an evolution of previous works and be "better, stronger, and more interesting".

Sounds pretty good. :p

Amy has a pretty voice, but the musical composition behind the songs is so very bland. If I really want gothic style chick rock I'll look to Lacuna Coil. :tmb:

I absolutely love their first 3 albums (especially Comalies) but the new one is just awful, IMO. Karmacode is somewhere inbetween.

Kelly Craftman
30-08-09, 12:33
I second it. Amy Lee is nothing but a fat, emo attention whore.

shes not fat :(

Marianna12
30-08-09, 12:35

She's not fat, but even if she was, what's wrong about it?
(Opinion)

Night Crawler
30-08-09, 12:36
She's not fat, but even if she was, what's wrong about it?
(Opinion)
It adds to her annoyingness.

(New word) :rolleyes:

Ok ok, let's go with "big boned" :)

Kelly Craftman
30-08-09, 12:38
It adds to her annoyingness.

(New word) :rolleyes:

Ok ok, let's go with "big boned" :)

so you think her being fat is annoying? :confused: i'll hate to be your friend )(imo)

Night Crawler
30-08-09, 12:39
i'll hate to be your friend )(imo)You would hate to be my friend in your opinion? Wow, even their fans are... :ton:

Kelly Craftman
30-08-09, 12:40
You would hate to be my friend in your opinion? Wow, even their fans are... :ton:

:( i knew what i meant :(

Grenade
30-08-09, 13:00
oh they went? i didn't even notice

**LARA LOVER**
30-08-09, 13:11
YAY! I hope this means there will be a new album soon! :jmp::jmp::jmp:

Hermina94
30-08-09, 14:10

she isn't fat!:mad:
I like Amy,and Evanescence too :D
She might be slightly big-boned but not fat at all
:rolleyes:

CuteKittenlol
30-08-09, 14:23

*High-5*

I used to looooove Evanescence, they're still good and i'll listen to them every now and then..suppose it'd be nice if they ever decided to do another album :p Wouldnt mind seeing them live, pity i ain't in Brazil though *shrugs*

Tonyrobinson
30-08-09, 15:06
Stop the bashing I don't wanna see this thread closed :p

I can't wait for the video of their concert to come onto youtube :)

I don't think she's fat I just thing she has a round face and huge breasts what make her look broader :)

http://www.fanoftheband.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/amy-lee-3.jpg

Marianna12
30-08-09, 15:26
She's extremelly beautiful imo! She's not thin or skinny, like most singers!
And she has a great voice, that's what matters!;):)

Joely-Moley
30-08-09, 15:40
I just knew someone would mention Amy's weight.
I think she's fine..

As seen here and confirmed there is currently 'Go' and 'Fooled' to be released aswell as a song named 'Your Love' so it looks like we will be getting a new album next year as stated by Amy telling us to look out for new songs soon ;)

Cool, I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

Hermina94
30-08-09, 17:36
She's really beautiful ^^ And has gorgeous eyes :D
And and and...her voice is amazing :)

in these arms
30-08-09, 17:52
Over-rated - that's what I thought.

But I'm growing to like them now. :p

Your_Envy*
03-09-09, 13:26
Hey guys, have you seen this? :yah:

http://www.shrani.si/f/9/h8/46F7yvLG/untitled.png

www.evanescencewebsite.com

voltz
03-09-09, 13:40
http://www.fanoftheband.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/amy-lee-3.jpg

boy she got husky.... I don't know what she's been doing for her time off but it's a bit of a far cry from the way she looked when the band was new.

Dina_Croft
03-09-09, 14:33

http://i25.************/1zwnbll.jpg

Your_Envy*
03-09-09, 15:11
http://i25.************/1zwnbll.jpg

:vlol: You rock!

She is not fat, oh my, some people over here are so weird sometimes. :rolleyes:

SoulReaver74
03-09-09, 15:33
A very fine band indeed, good to have them back. :)

NemesisX13X
03-09-09, 16:17
Im gonna explode from happiness! New album in 2010! Rougher music! Yeah! :yah:

RAID
03-09-09, 16:50
Amy's surprise...Hmm...Maybe she's pregnant :)

Azerutan
03-09-09, 19:38
The world is coming near the Apolcalypse for the mere existence of this band :vlol: (joking :D)

Yet, I have to say though it's pretty silly to call Amy a fat - even if she was, what would be the relevance of that? A big % of American people are. If she was a whore, where's the prove? Britney sucked her boyfriend, Paris recorded herself in a very dumb sex scene, yet those losers emerge as an example in media of what young teens should be and look like, specially phisically.

I'm a bit harsh towards Evanescence's music, meh, it's simply my opinion though... They're definately not a bad band, but not a very good one in my standarts.

TRULuverzz
03-09-09, 23:53

im hoping the same thing! i haven't heard anything new from them and am dying to!

Mir@nDA
05-09-09, 16:20
Omg Evanescence!!! I love them!!! Waiting for their new album))
P.S. Sorry for my English, it's not brilliant cause I'm not English or American, I'm Russian girl 13 years old:o

Your_Envy*
05-09-09, 16:21
Omg Evanescence!!! I love them!!! Waiting for their new album))
P.S. Sorry for my English, it's not brilliant cause I'm not English or American, I'm Russian girl 13 years old:o

Yes, me too! :yah:

Welcome to the forums, Miranda! :hug: Feel free to introduce yourself over here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19). :)