PDA

View Full Version : Lara vs Rubi Malone

jasonmtcsn
30-08-09, 02:58
I know most people here might not know who Rubi is, but
she's the most awesome new VG heroin from the upcoming
game Wet. She's pretty similar to Lara in a number of ways.
Both wielding dual handguns, although Rubi uses golden revolvers and a samurai sword.

I would expect Lara to get more votes, because we are all gathered her
for her. But Rubi is awesome, and I hope the Wet game does good enough for this to not be her last appearance.

I love you Lara, but i'm gonna have to say Rubi wins this, because of her
crazy midair shooting, and the revolvers are probably higher caliber than
Lara's twin 9's.

larafan25
30-08-09, 02:59
Rubi is a mean ***** who kills people violently:)

I'll vote lara:hug:

Tombraiderx08
30-08-09, 03:00
Cores Lara ;)
Well, Rubi is an assassin, but then again, Lara's put down plenty of mercenaries and assassins... but, my vote is Lara regardless.

LightningRider
30-08-09, 03:07
Lara, I personally wouldn't want to be in a room with Rubi. :o

But Rubi is pretty cool. :D

scremanie
30-08-09, 03:13
Lara. :)

Rubi is amazing, but I love Lara more.

AmericanAssassin
30-08-09, 03:15
There's not a video game, movie, or TV character out there who could beat Lara. So, Miss Croft for the win, obviously. ;)

Mokono
30-08-09, 03:15
Poll, poll, poll...

VictorXD
30-08-09, 03:20
Lara for sure:D

Tear
30-08-09, 06:13
No. There is no "vs". Rubi is nothing to Lara.;)

Carbonek_0051
30-08-09, 07:34
I really wish two cool characters would not be compared just because they are both female.

I love both.

Laras Backpack
30-08-09, 07:55
I can't say for sure because Wet isn't even out yet. But Rubi (though very VERY violent) seems to have been written with a pinch of style and maybe even interesting character traits that go beyond the violence. I think she has charisma.

A game character doesn't have to a morally grey sociopath for me to like them (I'm a fan of Leon S Kennedy and you don't get more 'boy scout' than him ;) ). Nevertheless I've found Lara too bland and 2 dimensional for me these past few years. For me CD's attempts to humanise Lara have had the opposite effect. I turn to characters like Rubi because they have that something that makes me see them as more than an avatar. I don't agree with everything I've seen Rubi do certainly, but so far she doesn't bore me like Lara has started to. :o

tomblover
30-08-09, 08:37
Rubi wins, for now. http://i27.************/2805nye.jpg Omgod I infringed scremanie's copyrightz, noes. :vlol:

Perhaps when TRO comes out Lara will reclaim the throne. :tmb:

woody543
30-08-09, 09:14
I really wish two cool characters would not be compared just because they are both female.

I love both.

This, I hate that everyone seems to be comparing them, or saying that Rubi is a blatant copy of Lara.

Both

Psychos'Я'Us
30-08-09, 09:42
Pfff...Jill would annihilate both of them :whi:

Lara Fan 4Life
30-08-09, 09:45
Just because a character is female and has pistols and a holster, doesn't mean they are the same. :p I pick Lara (Core and Crystal) anyday! :)

ShadyCroft
30-08-09, 09:45
Croft. Lara Croft. :)

x2crazyidiot
30-08-09, 09:58
I think it's stupid that there needs to be a whole thread comparing the two :confused:

but I definitely go with Rubi, she's a no-nonsense b*tch who's rather psychotic :D

viper456
30-08-09, 10:09

Going off this alone; I vote Rubi lmao

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-09, 10:18
lara all the way :ton:

Trigger_happy
30-08-09, 10:36

I love both.

I know. What has this forum got with comparing to random things and voting for TR, just to prove its better somehow. They aren't even alike. Since the only linking factor appears to be the possession of boobs, I'm so voting for Anna Friel instead.

TRhalloween
30-08-09, 10:41
link (http://shoppingcartdisco.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/abyss.jpg)
That's Lara Croft, not some separate girl.

I'll go with Lara.

Hermina94
30-08-09, 11:41
Lara.

^^ no need to explain why...:D

Spong
30-08-09, 11:45

Like Lara isn't exactly the same. Well she used to be, before Crystal ruined her :pi:

But either way, I still vote Lara I guess, not that I'm basing that on who she is. My judgement is based on the games and, from what I've played of Wet, Rubi can go hang.

TRhalloween
30-08-09, 11:47
Like Lara isn't exactly the same. Well she used to be, before Crystal ruined her :pi:

Shut up, you don't like any Laras :D

Kelly Craftman
30-08-09, 11:48
i though Rubi name was wet!:confused:

b0bb13
30-08-09, 11:49
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/facepalm.gif

Comparing an icon to a new character,wtf?

Spong
30-08-09, 11:50
Shut up, you don't like any Laras :D

It's not the character that attracted me to the games, no. But Core's Lara is way superior in terms of being how larafan25 described Rubi.

i though Rubi name was wet!:confused:

Huh? So what did you think the game was called?

Kelly Craftman
30-08-09, 11:51
It's not the character that attracted me to the games, no. But Core's Lara is way superior in terms of being how larafan25 described Rubi.

Huh? So what did you think the game was called?

wet! but why is it called Wet? :confused:

Johnnay
30-08-09, 11:52
Pffff Nina Williams will kill both Lara and Rubi

Spong
30-08-09, 11:53

Don't look at me, I just work here. I think it's a stupid name. I think it's a description of the gameplay ;)

Lara Fan 4Life
30-08-09, 11:53
^Isn't it after the people who made it called Wet Works?

Kelly Craftman
30-08-09, 11:55
^Isn't it after the people who made it called Wet Works?

i think i know shes working for someone who works at wet works! :D it was in an interview on the 360

TRhalloween
30-08-09, 11:59

Assassinations are nicknamed "Wet work".

EDIT: Nevermind

Chocola teapot
30-08-09, 13:16
Lara freakin Crawft!

adventurerLara
30-08-09, 13:34

I love both.

Agreed. ;)

Peanut
30-08-09, 13:41
Lara..

Biddy
30-08-09, 13:50

As if Lara wasn't like that in her Core years. :wve:

Anyway... I like both. Rubi is rather...creative in her executions huh? :D

Lara Fan 4Life
30-08-09, 14:20
i think i know shes working for someone who works at wet works! :D it was in an interview on the 360
Well if you know, why didn't you know why the game was called wet?

Super Badnik
30-08-09, 14:28
Lara of course.
Rubi will probably be forgotten after a few weeks of Wet's release, like all the other "gonna be the next queen of gaming and be the next Lara Croft" video game heroines.

x2crazyidiot
30-08-09, 14:33
Wet stands for wet works, a situation in operations where things get messy and bloody, aka out of hand and uncontrolled. Thus why Rubi's so off the walls, she's gets her job done, no matter how messy it gets.

That's why I vote her. It's irritating how everyone's voting Lara purely because they like her more or because she's more popular.. Rubi's evidently more psycho and, well, better prepared for a fight than Lara ever was/is/will be

adventurerLara
30-08-09, 14:42
Lara of course.
Rubi will probably be forgotten after a few weeks of Wet's release, like all the other "gonna be the next queen of gaming and be the next Lara Croft" video game heroines.

Why do you automatically think Rubi, or any other female video character for that matter, is trying to "be the next Lara Croft"?

Just beacuse they share one main factor, gender, and a couple of similar attributes doesn't necessarily mean they have been modelled on Lara.

Gladous
30-08-09, 14:44
Rubi is a violent, cold - hearted female dog. :ohn:

Lara is at least nice. :hug:

ShadyCroft
30-08-09, 14:45
Rubi is a violent. cold hearted female dog.

I like how you put it nicely. :p

Gladous
30-08-09, 14:48
I like how you put it nicely. :p

Psh! You know me, just stating the "good" about everyone! :p

Lee croft
30-08-09, 15:32
Honestly im getting fed up of everyone saying every action woman in ps3/ps2 games who has guns and jumps around with acrobatic moves is a Lara clone it hasnt been mentioned yet but i bet it will be

Carbonek_0051
30-08-09, 15:38
Lara of course.

Rubi's not trying to be Lara.

I really do hate this thread, and the fact people are trying to compare the two based on their sex. No one is trying to be Lara, get over it.

Indiana Croft
30-08-09, 15:50
I love both for different reasons.

I would pick Lara though. She's just as badass, but just because she doesn't act like a ***** all the time doesn't make her any less cool. She's taken down rooms of mercenaries and mystical creatures. I'm not saying Rubi is a softy, but Lara can do anything Rubi can and has done waaaaaay more.

Trigger_happy
30-08-09, 16:24
Rubi's not trying to be Lara.

I really do hate this thread, and the fact people are trying to compare the two based on their sex. No one is trying to be Lara, get over it.

Its amazing how paranoid this forum is. the minute a game, or anything else, comes out with a female character in it, she is instantly compared to Lara, even if there is no relation.

All these things suck compared to Lara because they aren't her, but they are so obviously trying. They all suck for copying lara, the most original character in the world:

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/katy-perry-knife-500x333.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Umbrax2/B.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/31/11180-elena_drakes_large.jpg

Cheap skanks, having boobs and all. Gah, could they be copying Lara any more?!

Chocola teapot
30-08-09, 16:35
Its amazing how paranoid this forum is. the minute a game, or anything else, comes out with a female character in it, she is instantly compared to Lara, even if there is no relation.

All these things suck compared to Lara because they aren't her, but they are so obviously trying. They all suck for copying lara, the most original character in the world:

Katy Perry?

Trigger_happy
30-08-09, 16:36
Katy Perry?

I know! Cheap strumpet, holding a knife like Lara would. She Obviously wants to be the next Lara.

Indiana Croft
30-08-09, 16:39

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/Umbrax2/B.jpg

The Baroness came first. Roughly Ten Years before Lara.

And no one is comparing them because they're women. How paranoid is that? We're comparing them because they both have dual pistols, incredibly acrobatic along with pole swinging, and have to solve some puzzles. And Rubi is quoted as being a working class Lara Croft. So the comparison is warranted.

Trigger_happy
30-08-09, 16:46

And no one is comparing them because they're women. How paranoid is that? We're comparing them because they both have dual pistols, incredibly acrobatic along with pole swinging, and have to solve some puzzles. And Rubi is quoted as being a working class Lara Croft. So the comparison is warranted.

I know- I was being sarcastic. I'm just referring back to previous threads about the Characters I posted, who people said were "trying to be Lara". And I'm not joking- people see women with guns and instantly assume cheap knock offs. Its annoying. People go to great lengths to make characters and then people on this board throw a wobbly as its a women.

And they're not really anything alike.

One's a titled Brit- the others a working class Yank
One swears like a trooper, the others well spoken
One collects relics and trophies for fun, the other shoots people for money
One uses automatic pistols, one uses revolvers.

Just because they use the same weapons, doesn't mean they are the same. You wouldn't say that Jack Bauer and James Bond are the same as they both use pistols would you?

Indiana Croft
30-08-09, 16:48
I know- I was being sarcastic. I'm just referring back to previous threads about the Characters I posted, who people said were "trying to be Lara". And I'm not joking- people see women with guns and instantly assume cheap knock offs. Its annoying. People go to great lengths to make characters and then people on this board throw a wobbly as its a women.

Just because they use the same weapons, doesn't mean they are the same. You wouldn't say that Jack Bauer and James Bond are the same as they both use pistols would you?

I knew you were being sarcastic. I was just addressing what you meant by showing the baroness and such.

And the comparison is warranted. they aren't they same though. It's like a batman/superman show off. This thread isn't trying to make the two ass kickers into cardboard cuttouts of eachother

Carbonek_0051
30-08-09, 16:49

He was being sarcastic, someone made a thread awhile back about the Baroness being a Lara copy if I remember correctly.

And if you read the magazine scan in the Wet thread, the developer says they are trying to do something different from Lara & TR. So no the comparison is not warrented. While we're at it, Jill from RE must be a copy of Lara. Also so is Faith (ME) & Alice from the Resident Evil movies.:)

Seriously?

Just because they use the same weapons, doesn't mean they are the same. You wouldn't say that Jack Bauer and James Bond are the same as they both use pistols would you?Exactly.:tmb:

Mister_Creazil
30-08-09, 16:51
I choose..... Heather Mason! =D

Honestly, they're both as badass as each other. Lara can take on jaguars and things where I bet Rubi couldn't take on all that. Rubi just seems to be good with running up walls and slowing herself down to get a few shots in. LOL!

In terms of which character will be popular and which character is better in Video Games, it'd be Lara Croft, but if you had to pick who would win in a fight, it'd surely be Rubi.

Trigger_happy
30-08-09, 16:53
And the comparison is warranted. they aren't they same though. It's like a batman/superman show off. This thread isn't trying to make the two ass kickers into cardboard cuttouts of eachother

Well its doing a very good job of it. It really bugs me when people just dismiss things as "copies" of another just because they are so obsessed with one they can't even look at the other.

And thanks Carbonek- I'm glad someone's backing me up! :D

Indiana Croft
30-08-09, 17:07
He was being sarcastic, someone made a thread awhile back about the Baroness being a Lara copy if I remember correctly.

And if you read the magazine scan in the Wet thread, the developer says they are trying to do something different from Lara & TR. So no the comparison is not warrented. While we're at it, Jill from RE must be a copy of Lara. Also so is Faith (ME) & Alice from the Resident Evil movies.:)

Seriously?
Exactly.:tmb:

I just watched an Elisa Dushku interview talking about wet. She called Rubi a working class Lara Croft word for word. And I realize women with guns aren't Lara knock offs. Alice is nothing like Lara, nor any of the other characters you mentioned. These two however are SIMILAR. Not the same. And the thread is about which you pefer. It never outright stated, "Since they're basically the same which one do you like more?"
And I already mentioned that the Baroness came first.
Yes some people have this annoying tendency to see a girl with guns flipping around to be a Lara imitation or homage. I'm not one of them. But the two characters are SIMILAR! That is obvious. Just because WET is doing something different doesn't mean that the two characters don't draw similiarities. Like I said, it's a Batman/Superman kind of thing.

Lee croft
30-08-09, 18:14
Katy Perry?

funnly enough she reminds of that woman from wet in that picture XD

Romantics Inc.
30-08-09, 18:18
Im sorry...RUBI was trained to kill under any circumstances...

I will always be a LARA fan, but LARA was trained to raid tombs and stuffs like that...

RUBI would kick LARA's ASS

Lee croft
30-08-09, 18:28
Im sorry...RUBI was trained to kill under any circumstances...

I will always be a LARA fan, but LARA was trained to raid tombs and stuffs like that...

RUBI would kick LARA's ASS

Lara would ram Rubi's arse down with a car. :ton:

Romantics Inc.
30-08-09, 18:30
Lara would ram Rubi's arse down with a car. :ton:

Rubi DOES know her way around cars... :whi:

WNdE0ULXtKg

Hermina94
30-08-09, 18:31
Team Lara!:vlol: :vlol:

Kittypower
30-08-09, 18:33
Lara for sure, besides i played the wet demo and i think its pretty bad.

Lee croft
30-08-09, 18:34
Rubi DOES know her way around cars... :whi:

WNdE0ULXtKg

If you dont press the X button she dont!!! :ton:

Romantics Inc.
30-08-09, 18:38
If you dont press the X button she dont!!! :ton:

Oh what evah! :ohn: :p

Minty Mouth
30-08-09, 18:41

Finally someone mentioned it! Katy Perry is such A lara rip off, with her lesbian antics, and switchblades. :p

I kid, I kid.

Hermina94
30-08-09, 18:56
Finally someone mentioned it! Katy Perry is such A lara rip off, with her lesbian antics, and switchblades. :p

I kid, I kid.

Whaaat?Katy Perry-Lara?:confused:

laracroftswest
30-08-09, 19:12
I could probably have a conversation with Lara. And I've known her for 13 years so... yeah.

amiro1989
30-08-09, 23:21
Rubi Who? Please. That girl is nowhere near what Lara Croft is.

Carbonek_0051
30-08-09, 23:23
And that's why I hate threads like these.

woody543
30-08-09, 23:43
Rubi Who? .

Malone, it say's in the thread title :ton:

amiro1989
31-08-09, 00:58
Malone, it say's in the thread title :ton:

lol.

TRhalloween
31-08-09, 00:59
What's a Katy Perry?

Tommy123
31-08-09, 01:08
What's a Katy Perry?

greatest singer ever:D

TRhalloween
31-08-09, 01:09
greatest singer ever:D

How can I prevent them?

LightningRider
31-08-09, 01:17
The only way to find out who's better, is putting these two in their environments, meaning:

Put Lara in the WET game with just her moves.

Put Rubi in a Tomb Raider game with her moves.

Who's gonna win? ;)

Romantics Inc.
31-08-09, 01:31
How can I prevent them?

First apply superglue to the bottom of your feet, then you have to put on heavy metal music for two minutes. Then spread Grean and red glitter around the highest point in your house, and chant "OOOKLAA ARISE CHICKEN"

Then all the katy perry'z should be gone for good...

_Awestruck_
31-08-09, 02:06
Sheva Almoar.

Kidding. I love both but no heroine beats Lara.

TRhalloween
31-08-09, 02:38
First apply superglue to the bottom of your feet, then you have to put on heavy metal music for two minutes. Then spread Grean and red glitter around the highest point in your house, and chant "OOOKLAA ARISE CHICKEN"

Then all the katy perry'z should be gone for good...

Going to be hard to move with super glue on my feet :tea:

Angelus
31-08-09, 02:45
What's a Katy Perry?

Someone more relevant than Courtney Love.

tranniversary119
31-08-09, 02:47
Lara of course.

Melonie Tomb Raider
31-08-09, 03:03
Classic Lara would give Rubi a run for her money, but CD Lara would curl up in a ball and die crying at the feet of Rubi.

We haven't seen tough Lara in a while, and that's sad.

Squibbly
31-08-09, 04:06
This Rubi character won't be around in 13 years...

Tear
31-08-09, 04:20
Pfff...Jill would annihilate both of them :whi:

...and then Sheva would mutilate Jill.:whi:

Correction: Elena has no boobs.:whi:

NemesisX13X
31-08-09, 06:52
RUBI!

Lara sucks :p

Drone
31-08-09, 07:01
Lara vs Who?

Lara, AOD Lara anyway :wve:

Melonie Tomb Raider
31-08-09, 07:43
...and then Sheva would mutilate Jill.:whi:

Correction: Elena has no boobs.:whi:

Of course she does, they're just realistic sized. :)

[/URL][URL="http://www.rd3d.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/elena_zbrush2.jpg"]See (http://See)

Paddy
31-08-09, 08:01
Classic Lara would give Rubi a run for her money, but CD Lara would curl up in a ball and die crying at the feet of Rubi.

We haven't seen tough Lara in a while, and that's sad.

I loled because its true :vlol: