PDA

View Full Version : They think I'm Lesbian with Lara...

Pages : [1] 2

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:20
/

Paddy
31-08-09, 13:23
WTF??
Pretty harsh for them to say that stuff.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:24
i know right :o

VictorXD
31-08-09, 13:25
That's awful!!:( Maybe try explaining them that you want to BE like her, not be WITH her:o I mean accusing you of being a lesbian just for liking Lara is a ruade act!:mad: Yes RUDE! And if it's upsetting you, move out, say something like: "if your going to accuse me any longer I'm out" or something like that:) They don't deserve being with such a lovely girl and accuse her of being something she's not!:mad: But a hug for you:hug::)

Paddy
31-08-09, 13:26
i know right :o
Well suppose if you know you aint a lesbian, thats what counts :) try to ignore it :hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:27
That's awful!!:( Maybe try explaining them that you want to BE like her, not be WITH her:o I mean accusing you of being a lesbian just for liking Lara is a ruade act!:mad: Yes RUDE! And if it's upsetting you, move out, say something like: "if your going to accuse me any longer I'm out" or something like that:) They don't deserve being with such a lovely girl and accuse her of being something she's not!:mad: But a hug for you:hug::)

Thanks for your advice but they're horrible people, its mostly my step-dad. They prob's complain to my parents i have mental disorders for wanting to be like her...

And my mum doesnt want me to move out and i have all my animals here :(

Hermina94
31-08-09, 13:28
:vlol:
I've been playing Lara since...EVER and I never got any of those comments ^^ It's pretty stupid...And if a guy would play it,it would be OK?:vlol:

Chocola teapot
31-08-09, 13:29
That is horrible, Tell them you told us and we are disgusted.

Paddy
I've been playing Lara since...EVER and I never got any of those comments ^^ It's pretty stupid...And if a guy would play it,it would be OK?:vlol:

Its ridiculous for sure. The comments are uncalled for :(

xXhayleyroxXx

exactly, iv been playing ever since i was little and have been obsessed with it since.

its very mean :o

@chocolat teapot - they'd cause a massive argument and say they dont care, they're like that :(

remote91
31-08-09, 13:30
H'oh man I lol'd, your parents sound a little narrow minded

Psychos'Я'Us
31-08-09, 13:30
Tried telling them to stfu? Tell them you're not and that their comments really bother you...if that doesn't work just ignore them and let them think what they want to think...at the end of the day you know it's not true.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:31
H'oh man I lol'd, your parents sound a little narrow minded

not my parents, my step-parents

edit:@psychos'R'us - if i said stfu id get a slap, they're that type of people

Paddy
exactly, iv been playing ever since i was little and have been obsessed with it since.

its very mean :o

@chocolat teapot - they'd cause a massive argument and say they dont care, they're like that :(

Not just that but its like saying every girl here who plays it is also a lesbian.

Lara Fan 4Life
I'd definitely sit them down saying what their calling you is uncalled for and that you very much hate it! They have to understand, and hopefully will stop calling you it! :tmb:

VictorXD
31-08-09, 13:32
Thanks for your advice but they're horrible people, its mostly my step-dad. They prob's complain to my parents i have mental disorders for wanting to be like her...

And my mum doesnt want me to move out and i have all my animals here :(

Then why do you live with them?? Was it your choice, or something???:confused:

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:33
//

Psychos'Я'Us
31-08-09, 13:33

Well I didn't say you should say it like that :p Just sit them down and have a mature conversation with them, tell them it's not true and it really bothers you.
And like I said in my previous post, if that fails just try your best to ignore it and be mature, unlike them ;)

remote91
31-08-09, 13:34

Meh, same difference.

Chocola teapot
31-08-09, 13:34
Yeah Tell them you have had enough honestly, It's what you want to do and If they dont just completely ignore their existence and dont reply to anything they say pretend they dont exist. They will get the message.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:35
Well I didn't say you should say it like that :p Just sit them down and have a mature conversation with them, tell them it's not true and it really bothers you.
And like I said in my previous post, if that fails just try your best to ignore it and be mature, unlike them ;)

i've tried sitting them down for similar things but they don't, my step-dad gets all up in my face and has tried to hit me before, and my step-mum starts fake crying.

Super Badnik
31-08-09, 13:37
Just ignore them. I mean, how stupid, doesn't that make all male gamers gay? seeing how most games have a male hero.

Lara Fan 4Life
31-08-09, 13:38
i've tried sitting them down for similar things but they don't, my step-dad gets all up in my face and has tried to hit me before, and my step-mum starts fake crying.

Why not try talking to either one of your parents not your step parents, and tell them to say something to your step mom or dad. Like taking to your dad, and telling him what's going on and to say something to your step mom. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:39
Why not try talking to either one of your parents not your step parents, and tell them to say something to your step mom or dad. Like taking to your dad, and telling him what's going on and to say something to your step mom. :)

il tell my dad then but my mum wont do anything, she loves me butmy step-dad is horrible to her if she sticks up for me.

Psychos'Я'Us
31-08-09, 13:40
I'm very sorry to hear all of that Hayley, have you considered moving with your dad?

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:41
I'm very sorry to hear all of that Hayley, have you considered moving with your dad?

my step-mum is horrible to me too and id miss my mum and animals :(

Chocola teapot
31-08-09, 13:42
my step-mum is horrible to me too and id miss my mum and animals :(

If they say anything to you then blank them.

Shark_Blade
31-08-09, 13:43
Ignore them. Some people thought I'm a pervert playing tr game oogling on Lara's humongous boobs, which is just stupid. :rolleyes:

I play for the adventure and challenge dumbass! :smk:

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:44
If they say anything to you then blank them.

i do but my step-dad wont shut up! they go 'well did you hear me?! *start following round and getting up in face 'did you bloody hear me?'

and my step-mum goes 'robin.... the girls are being rude and not talking to me'

:cen:

Hermina94
31-08-09, 13:45
Just ignore them. I mean, how stupid, doesn't that make all male gamers gay? seeing how most games have a male hero.

I totally agree :tmb:

Lara Fan 4Life
^They sound like pure ***holes to me. Sorry, but they really do. :(

Chocola teapot
i do but my step-dad wont shut up! they go 'well did you hear me?! *start following round and getting up in face 'did you bloody hear me?'

and my step-mum goes 'robin.... the girls are being rude and not talking to me'

:cen:

Oh well, just blank them you know they have been rude to you why shouldn't you be rude back.

scion05
31-08-09, 13:46
What lovely parents. I'm off to Manchester Pride tonight, and non of my parents have questioned that :D

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:47
^They sound like pure ***holes to me. Sorry, but they really do. :(

they are! :(

Oh well, just blank them you know they have been rude to you why shouldn't you be rude back.

i would but my step-dad gets violent and it upsets both my parents if i shout back

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 13:47
stand up, slap them both and run for your life! :D

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:48
stand up, slap them both and run for your life! :D

haha they're the type to jump in the car and mow me down before i got anywhere

scremanie
31-08-09, 13:49
Hayley, don't listen to them.

I am sick of people in my life like that too. I just tend to ignore them.

My friends say that I am gay, which I am not, and I do not have anything against gay people. But it does get annoying when people just keep chirping on like that and saying things like that. My mother and my family is fine, its just others on other forums I go on and some of my friends are always like "god.. she is so hot!!" and then they just start going on about how they would like to "bang that pussy". It makes me feel sick to think of Lara like that. And when I tell them to shut up, they are all like "ohhh, you must be gay if you can't agree!!" Which is not true.. I just do not think of her in that way. She is just a video game character, and she is who I look up to. And that is another thing.. they call me gay for looking up to a female character. Guys are such dicks, I can tell you that much T__T, my female friends are nothing like that. They do not care about my obsession with her (:P), although some of them do call her a whore and a slut... which does upset me.

Just ignore them. I try and block out the ignorance. And now I know for a fact woman are the superior.

Don't let it get to you :hug:

Chocola teapot
31-08-09, 13:49
they are! :(

i would but my step-dad gets violent and it upsets both my parents if i shout back

Dont shout back just say nothing, no one can make you say anything. Even if you get in trouble you can just go silent and after a while of getting nothing from you they will know that what they have done has really upset you.

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 13:51
haha they're the type to jump in the car and mow me down before i got anywhere

have you ever considered child line? :o

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 13:52
@scremanie - a few of my girl friends call me lesbian actually :o but yeah you're absolutely right about guys and you not being gay :hug: thanks hun

@chocolat teapot - once i kept quiet to everything he said and he threw my ps2 out the open window, thankfully it didnt break.

@kelly craftman - i have considered it but am i considered a child @ 17 :(

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 13:56

ermm donno, but have you tried the police? they take things like this very serious.

Lara Fan 4Life
31-08-09, 13:57
^I wouldn't say so, no. I mean you are leaving in the house with them.

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 13:58

Then Give them one back, after all they are just normal people with no relation to you whatsoever, Its like someone at college giving you a hard time.
The only thing is it might upset your real parents that you ar'nt getting on.

Chocola teapot
31-08-09, 14:00
@scremanie - a few of my girl friends call me lesbian actually :o but yeah you're absolutely right about guys and you not being gay :hug: thanks hun

@chocolat teapot - once i kept quiet to everything he said and he threw my ps2 out the open window, thankfully it didnt break.

Phone the police or child line. Do it soon. :wve: This man is horrible.

scremanie
31-08-09, 14:01
You're welcome Hayley! :hug:

I am really sorry about your situation. I am reading this right now and its upsetting me :(

Now you see! that is why I loved Tomb Raider.. it was always a haven from my life, and I could just count on coming home and letting it all unwind with a game of Lara. But its horrible now that even your little safe haven is being destroyed. I wish I could do something :(

tomblover
31-08-09, 14:01
H'oh man I lol'd, your parents sound a little narrow minded :tmb:

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 14:05

:(

OGM OGM OGM OGM :mad:
I WOULD TOTTALY MAKE THEM SUFFER,
WAIT TILL THEY GO OUT POUR WATER ON THE T.V, FLUSH HIS PHONE DOWN THE TOILET, PUT DOG CRAP IN A CHOCOLATE CAKE.
SO WHAT DOES HE HOLD PRECIOUS, THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW, BUT THROUGH THE WINDOW.
Then Leave a note and tell them your leaving to Mexico.

To bad I cant Help.

aileenwuornos
I think they're just jealous you've got a role model.

Psychos'Я'Us

I agree. Also, I think you should think about moving with your dad, you step-mum might be horrible to you but at least she doesn't get violent.

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 14:07
I agree. Also, I think you should think about moving with your dad, you step-mum might be horrible to you but at least she doesn't get violent.

I agree + , plus if your Step-Mom does get in a fight with you, just ***** slap her.

Psychos'Я'Us
31-08-09, 14:10
Exactly, it's easier dealing with a woman than with a man ;)

Phlip
31-08-09, 14:13
This is bloody terrible. :cen:
But answer this: Do they say this stuff in a jokey way or a nasty way?

Monari
31-08-09, 14:14
I used to be targeted like this by my so called friends too. :rolleyes:
Ignore it. We TR fans understand you. :hug:

Some people just don't understand. And some of them don't even try to understand. :ohn:
I feel sorry for your family situation. That's terrible. :(
Be strong. :hug:

scremanie
31-08-09, 14:17

Guys, its not as easy as that.

If Hayley did that, god knows what would happen to her. Her whole family would most likely be ripped apart.

Catapharact
31-08-09, 14:20
While the actions they took to curb your time with video games (including calling your obession with TR a lesbian affair) is wrong, IMO they might be worried about the fact that you are spending way too much time distracted and playing videogames while you can be using it doing more constructive things like a club activities, a sport, etc.

I have seen way too many people here cry out their undying love for Lara Croft yet when you ask most of them as to what positive things have they taken form this given character as a role model, you usually hear nothing...

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 14:20
Guys, its not as easy as that.

If Hayley did that, god knows what would happen to her. Her whole family would most likely be ripped apart.

It would be their fault for giving Haley A very Hard time.

scremanie
31-08-09, 14:29

Yes, that is true, but it would affect Hayley more than it would affect them.

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 14:30
*sigh* All right.

*gives you Mjolnir*

Have it back in a few hours

scremanie
31-08-09, 14:33
*sigh* All right.

*gives you Mjolnir*

LOLZ!! you have been on a roll recently with these funny and witty comments!

:hug:

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 14:35

do you even have a brain? :rolleyes:

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 14:36
LOLZ!! you have been on a roll recently with these funny and witty comments!

:jmp: thank you :hug:

tombraiderluka
31-08-09, 14:37
well i agree with them :whi:

tombofwinston
do you even have a brain? :rolleyes:

:ohn:
Actually its a lot bigger than your Puny Human Brain, and if your not careful I shall exterminate your entire species.
:cool:

TRhalloween

VictorXD
31-08-09, 14:38
*sigh* All right.

*gives you Mjolnir*

:vlol:. But really this isn't time for joke, that's something that should be on police, he has no right to harm you, and if he does, they can go to jail:)

Saphyre
31-08-09, 14:38
Scremanie - Its not true that all guys are dicks, thats just another generalisation *sigh*. A lot of guys I know somewhat have an issue with homosexuality & homosexuals, but others don't at all. In fact, at my school the girls are just as bad! (not as much in sixth form though, everybody seems to be more grown up there) I'm a guy, and I'm open minded about it all, I don't think about Lara Croft that way in fact its the last thing I think about much like you.

As for the issue at hand, Hayley, I think you're step - parents are being very VERY immature! Just remember this: From your posts I can tell you're very open minded and mature. You're far more mature than they seem to be, and if you know who you are and are happy with your life choices then **** what anyone else says. :hug:

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 14:39
Actually its a lot bigger than your Puny Human Brain, and if your not careful I shall exterminate your entire species.

sure, If Hayley phones the police or whatever, Hayleys life cound end up even worse.

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 14:39
:vlol:. But really this isn't time for joke, that's something that should be on police, he has no right to harm you, and if he does, they can go to jail:)

True But he has'nt harmed haley yet so nothing can be done.
@Hayley Its time to pack up you bags, your going to your Dads house.

Marianna12
31-08-09, 14:43
I guess all girls here, are lesbians then:rolleyes:

Sorry, but your parents are not open-minded at all!
I'll suggest doing what everyone else said, talk to them! Tell them how much it bothers you! If that doesn't work, then the best thing you can do, is ignore them!:hug:

scremanie
31-08-09, 14:45
Scremanie - Its not true that all guys are dicks, thats just another generalisation *sigh*. A lot of guys I know somewhat have an issue with homosexuality & homosexuals, but others don't at all. In fact, at my school the girls are just as bad! (not in sixth form though, everybody seems to be more grown up there) I'm a guy, and I'm open minded about it all, I don't think about Lara Croft that way in fact its the last thing I think about much like you.

I am not saying every guy in general is a dick. Heck I am a guy and I admit, most guys are dicks. Thats just how it is. You can hardly ever come across a genuine guy. Most of them are all thinking about 3 things only

1 - sex
2 - food
3 - sex

The only way to win those types of guys over is with food or sex.

Thank god I am not one of them. There is more important things in life then those things. Guys are truly stubborn and biased when it comes to things they don't like. Its either their way, or no way.

And once again, I am saying not all guys are like this. But a very large majority are.

And I know that woman can get *****y and throw little hissy fits. But thats just hormonal stuff half the time. And I don't think anyone within a 1 mile radius wants to go down that road :whi:, I am used to it as I am the only male in my side of the family.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 14:45
thanks for your advice everyone :hug:

im going to tell my dad tomorro in the van about alan (step-dad) and see what he thinks i should do.

it's not really fair on my sis if i move because we've always been together

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 14:46

im going to tell my dad tomorro in the van about alan (step-dad) and see what he thinks i should do.

can't you move together?

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 14:46

*Puts on Dallas*

he'll be preoccupied for awhile.

Haley I suggest having a superior attitude about the whole thing. You know you're not gay and that you look up to Lara. Well what would Lara do in this situation? She wouldn't care because she has better things to do and just put it out of her mind, but if it continued she's stand up for herself.

Phlip
31-08-09, 14:47

But as I asked, do they say these things in a jokey way or nasty?

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 14:48
can't you move together?

he's not horrible to my sis and she'd miss my mum and animals like i would :( so no

@phlip - nasty way, shouting and saracastic

scremanie
31-08-09, 14:52
he's not horrible to my sis and she'd miss my mum and animals like i would :( so no

I could send Sticky on them for you if you want... he only goes out in special occasions http://i27.************/2805nye.jpg

Phlip
31-08-09, 14:52

ok you really need to talk to your real dad about moving in with him. It annoys me that he hasn't seemed to have offered before. :cen: How are your step's with your sister?
And I think you're going to have to miss the animals. If they're not YOURS that YOU own then you'll have to detach yourself from them. Sorry. :( If they're yours then you can take them with.... it depends what type of animals they are? Would your dad mind having them?

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 14:53
I am not saying every guy in general is a dick. Heck I am a guy and I admit, most guys are dicks. Thats just how it is. You can hardly ever come across a genuine guy. Most of them are all thinking about 3 things only

1 - sex
2 - food
3 - sex

Thank god I am not one of them. There is more important things in life then those things. Guys are truly stubborn and biased when it comes to things they don't like. Its either their way, or no way.

And once again, I am saying not all guys are like this. But a very large majority are.

And I know that woman can get *****y and throw little hissy fits. But thats just hormonal stuff half the time. And I don't think anyone within a 1 mile radius wants to go down that road :whi:, I am used to it as I am the only male in my side of the family.

I see where you are coming from my friend feels similar.
I do'nt I just think of all the Trekkies in the world.

1. Star Trek
2. Conventions
3. Comics

*Puts on Dallas*

he'll be preoccupied for awhile.

Haley I suggest having a superior attitude about the whole thing. You know you're not gay and that you look up to Lara. Well what would Lara do in this situation? She wouldn't care because she has better things to do and just put it out of her mind, but if it continued she's stand up for herself.

My alien Brain Can Watch Programs at 10000x Speed.

VictorXD
31-08-09, 14:54
Shoot themXD:p

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 14:55
//

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 14:58

Would'nt Lara Tell Them With violence.
If He acts with violence chances are he will respond to violence no good sitting him down and taking.

Saphyre
31-08-09, 14:58

1 - sex
2 - food
3 - sex

There are those types of guys around I agree, and i'm not disputing that, but there are also other types of guys out there, and at my school it seems that a lot of guys were not as you describe. In your experience of guys that might be very true what you said but in my experience it differs.

Also not all girls are nice as I'm sure you probably know, some girls can be really awful and trust me, i've been name called & laughed at school by many of them. I don't know why the hell people have to look at things in terms of gender, its this way: A lot of people are arse holes, and a lot aren't.

Anyway, its all down to our experiences with certain groups that judges how we percieve them I think. My experience of guys has been good, because the guys i know aren't the stereotypical type you just outlined, so I have a positive view on them, but that might change! We can just agree to disagree, you're not right, but you're not wrong either. I'm not wrong, I'm not right either. :hug:

And to somehow relate this to the topic, I used to think that all parents were nice people, and of recent, I've understood that some can be very selfish and they can be bullies too. There are a great deal of good parents out there don't get me wrong. But it seems that Hayleys step father in particular is using techniques which most school yard bullies use, I mean, calling her a lesbian as an insult is hardly mature. and in that way all i can suggest is that you ignore them. Because just like school bullies, if you stop bothering with them, they'll eventually give in.

Phlip
31-08-09, 14:59
he has offered before :( my stepdad is nice to em sis usually but my step-mum isnt which would mean i wuld have to leave my sis. A few of the animals are mine but kinda have a small animal rescue and my step-mum hates animals :'(

You have to take the offer. The animals that are yours you should take. But what type are they? Cats?

I think your sister will be fine. If you can't move in then just keep your distance from your step dad and mum. If they ask what'ss up then accuse them of bullying because that's what it is.

Paddy
31-08-09, 15:00
Saying you hardly ever come across a genuine guy is still generalising.

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 15:00

Sister should stick by each other! :ohn: tell her that

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:01
You have to take the offer. The animals that are yours you should take. But what type are they? Cats?

I think your sister will be fine. If you can't move in then just keep your distance from your step dad and mum. If they ask what'ss up then accuse them of bullying because that's what it is.

umm i have a lot of animals :o dogs, chinchillas, fish, mice, rats, degus, newts :o

and yeah il say its bullying :hug: i never thought of it that way, so thankyou

edit: @ kelly craftman - my step-mum is mean to my sis :(

Phlip
31-08-09, 15:02
How old is your sister?

Marianna12
31-08-09, 15:03
Saphyre: Really well said!:tmb:

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:03
how old is your sister?

14 :(

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 15:04
@ kelly craftman - my step-mum is mean to my sis :(

Well then you can help each other out like that movie with Lindsay lohan playing two people :p

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 15:04
You should both Be strong Together.
Tell Her your Problems.
Whats a Chinchila

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 15:05
My alien Brain Can Watch Programs at 10000x Speed.

uh huh so why are you still stuck on episodes of Enterprise ;)

Haley I'd tell your folks what's going on. Maybe they can say something to your step parents.

Phlip
Talk to your sis and see how she would feel if you left. Assure her that you'll be more than happy to stay if she doesn't feel safe without you. :)

VictorXD
So with all these advices, have you decided what to do???:)

Dennis's Mom
31-08-09, 15:07
To throw in a "mom" perspective, it may merely be their way of trying to find something to say to you that has to do with your interests. They may actually think they're being funny. However, it's upsetting you, so it needs to stop.

I would say something them akin to what I said to my husband when I got the almost daily comment about "having a little coffee with my cream and sugar."

I said "Look, I understand you think how I take my coffee is funny, but I'm not going to listen to that for the next fifty years. So stop it. It's not funny anymore."

I think you need to calmly explain that "it's just not funny" and it's time for them to move on to something else. Once they understand it's alienating you, I think they'll stop.

Most parents do NOT get what their kids are into, and think if they "mock" it somehow, their child may move on. Goodness knows I tried with Dennis's death metal. I don't get it. I never will, but I've learned I will never "joke" him out of it.

Paddy
You should both Be strong Together.
Tell Her your Problems.
Whats a Chinchila

Chinchilla is a breed of cat :)
And I agree, talk about it together :)

IceColdLaraCroft
Whats a Chinchila

A cute little animal that's really really soft. They make great slippers or coats

tombofwinston
uh huh so why are you still stuck on episodes of Enterprise ;)

Because.....Um....Well......
EXTERMINATE !!!!!
(I hate Dr. Who)

A cute little animal that's really really soft. They make great slippers or coats

:vlol::vlol::vlol::eek:

Lara Fan 4Life
31-08-09, 15:09

1 - sex
2 - food
3 - sex

I know many guys who are like that, but also know others who aren't, and I tend to be more friends with the ones you aren't.

By the way, great post Saphyre! :tmb:

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:11
So with all these advices, have you decided what to do???:)

tell my dad tomorro and see what he advises :) my sister doesnt think i should though

To throw in a "mom" perspective, it may merely be their way of trying to find something to say to you that has to do with your interests. They may actually think they're being funny. However, it's upsetting you, so it needs to stop.

I would say something them akin to what I said to my husband when I got the almost daily comment about "having a little coffee with my cream and sugar."

I said "Look, I understand you think how I take my coffee is funny, but I'm not going to listen to that for the next fifty years. So stop it. It's not funny anymore."

I think you need to calmly explain that "it's just not funny" and it's time for them to move on to something else. Once they understand it's alienating you, I think they'll stop.

Most parents do NOT get what their kids are into, and think if they "mock" it somehow, their child may move on. Goodness knows I tried with Dennis's death metal. I don't get it. I never will, but I've learned I will never "joke" him out of it.

thanks for that, i reckon this is what my step-mum does :o thankyou i think i can talk to her about this

and a chinchilla is a very fluffy rodent

scremanie
31-08-09, 15:12
No one should be ridiculed over a video game T__T

VictorXD
31-08-09, 15:13
tell my dad tomorro and see what he advises :) my sister doesnt think i should though

Good:D I hope everything works out:)

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:13
No one should be ridiculed over a video game T__T

i know its pathetic and eating away my confidence

i get bullied at school as well

@victor - yeah i hope it does, il post tomorro saying what happened

LaraRules81
31-08-09, 15:14
Whats a Chinchila

http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Files/Images/Image_Gallery/chinchilla_picture.jpg

---

Hayley I feel really sorry for you on this :hug: The other night I had an arguement with my dad and I decided it was enough and I had to just let it all out (to my mother as I don't really see my dad as approachable :o). I was talking to my mum for over three hours on how all the stress was gettin too much for me and I couldn't deal with it anymore, and I feel that has made a difference that my mum now understands me more.

I agree with what Dennis's Mom said, tell them that you cannot handle it. Or get your mum and dad together and explain to them that their partners are being unfair towards you :hug: I hope things turn out okay for you :)

Lara Fan 4Life
31-08-09, 15:15
^I also get some way bullied I guess, just for some stupid reason, because me hair sticks up like 'Elvis'. I just ignore what they are saying. Really, people can pick on your for the smallest of things.

Phlip
31-08-09, 15:16
I hope this hasn't stopped you wanting to play TR.

Paddy
31-08-09, 15:16
Had no idea it was a type of rodent, its also a cat breed too :)
Hayley I hope everything works out for you :) you deserve to be treated like a human being.

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 15:19
At The End Of the day Hayley as long as you know your not a Lesbian then whatever he said about you being a lesbian you can just dismiss.

coolaideonfire
31-08-09, 15:21
Just tell them not to be so silly. You enjoy a game with a female lead, what's wrong with that? That's like saying every guy who enjoys Grand Theft Auto avidly is gay! Silly parents.

LaraRules81
31-08-09, 15:21
Had no idea it was a type of rodent, its also a cat breed too :)
Hayley I hope everything works out for you :) you deserve to be treated like a human being.

Really? Cool :D

---

Hayley, I get bullied too, but it hasn't really bothered me as such for a while. Play along with their little dillusions and they'll get over it :) For example, I am apparently a mole :vlol: And I have some M.A.S.B.O's (Mole ASBO?) :vlol: and I say things to them like "Yeah, I'm gonna be getting more soon for ripping up some flowers" and they just laugh and I find it funny too. It's using the bullies own nit-pick and turning it against them by saying it's true (sometimes it may not work though, but it works for me :D).

I really do hope things get better because you're such a wonderful person who doesn't deserve this :hug:

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 15:23

---

Hayley, I get bullied too, but it hasn't really bothered me as such for a while. Play along with their little dillusions and they'll get over it :) For example, I am apparently a mole :vlol: And I have some M.A.S.B.O's (Mole ASBO?) :vlol: and I say things to them like "Yeah, I'm gonna be getting more soon for ripping up some flowers" and they just laugh and I find it funny too. It's using the bullies own nit-pick and turning it against them by saying it's true (sometimes it may not work though, but it works for me :D).

I really do hope things get better because you're such a wonderful person who doesn't deserve this :hug:

Yep If they think its not working any more they will stop as they get no fun out of it.

Paddy

---

Yeah for anyone hasnt seen them.
http://www.sunjomar.co.za/zzz_images/already_used/Sneeus%20Chinchilla%20Cat%202.JPG

LaraRules81
Yep If they think its not working any more they will stop as they get no fun out of it.

You got it :tmb:

Yeah for anyone hasnt seen them.
[IMG]http://www.sunjomar.co.za/zzz_images/already_used/Sneeus%20Chinchilla%20Cat%202.JPG[IMG]

I remember them now! :hea: Thanks!

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:24
I hope this hasn't stopped you wanting to play TR.

EDIT: no never , i actually got into the character of lara more because i feel like her sometimes - like a criminal with a lack of love in my life.

^I also get some way bullied I guess, just for some stupid reason, because me hair sticks up like 'Elvis'. I just ignore what they are saying. Really, people can pick on your for the smallest of things.

thanks everyone, i really appreiciate this :hug:

@LaraFan4life - dont worry, my fringe goes all flicky sometimes wich makes people embarrased, imagine legend lara's fringe going random :ton::hug:

i really appreiciate all this support :hug:

Legend of Lara
31-08-09, 15:24
If you're lesbian for Lara then I'm gay for Dante (DMC). :p

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 15:25
You will always have friends and support on here :) .

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:26

is he your idol?

@tombofwinston - thanks! im very glad to hear that :hug:

Saphyre
31-08-09, 15:26

Me too, and I'm also gay for Hwoarang from tekken. According to Hayley's step parents' logic that is.

Come to think of it, when i draw Male characters all the time my dad says "You need to start drawing more women, i'm starting to get worried about you." grrr.

Legend of Lara
31-08-09, 15:27
is he your idol?

Pretty much. He's so awesome. *coughcoughchoke* Ahem...

Me too, and I'm also gay for Hwoarang from tekken. According to Hayley's step parents' logic that is.

There ya go! :D

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 15:28
Then Im...Um...Metalsexual with the Enterprise.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:28
im glad to hear people look up to same-sex video game characters like me, i dont feel so stupid :o

Saphyre
31-08-09, 15:29
im glad to hear people look up to same-sex video game characters like me, i dont feel so stupid :o

Its not stupid at all! If Lara is your role model then thats brilliant! People are more likely to idolise someone who is of their gender because its easier to relate to them I think. Its not silly.

Paddy
31-08-09, 15:31

Not the least bit stupid, if I have a majorly favourite character, its Tommy Vercetti on GTA Vice City, love his smartass attitude.

IceColdLaraCroft
Because.....Um....Well......
EXTERMINATE !!!!!
(I hate Dr. Who):vlol::vlol::vlol::eek:

http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Files/Images/Image_Gallery/chinchilla_picture.jpg

http://i31.************/34qpj14.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
Its not stupid at all! If Lara is your role model then thats brilliant! People are more likely to idolise someone who is of their gender because its easier to relate to them I think. Its not silly.

LaraRules81
31-08-09, 15:35
http://i31.************/34qpj14.jpg

Sick.

Catapharact
31-08-09, 15:36
Sick.

Epic.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:36
Sick.

seconded.

*sigh* i really dont understand some people, ecspecially my step-dad

LaraRules81
31-08-09, 15:37
seconded.

*sigh* i really dont understand some people, ecspecially my step-dad

Same :hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:38
Same :hug:

im glad theres people like you lot in the world, i really am:hug:

Saphyre
31-08-09, 15:38
Some people are just so closed minded its hard to understand them. I've had experiences with loads of closed minded people and I just can't get my head around them.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:40
Some people are just so closed minded its hard to understand them. I've had experiences with loads of closed minded people and I just can't get my head around them.

yeah :(

and my step-dad thinks hes always right which annoys me, he cant say sorry or refuses to and thinks he's 'it'

IceColdLaraCroft

Yea chinchilla is TOTALLY soft why wouldn't you want to wear it...<tch> close minded people

xXhayleyroxXx
Yea chinchilla is TOTALLY soft why wouldn't you want to wear it...<tch> close minded people

coz over 100 of them died for madonna's coat in an inhumane way :o

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 15:43
coz over 100 of them died for madonna's coat in an inhumane way :o

tell me...

is your Chinchilla's name "slippers?"

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:45
tell me...

is your Chinchilla's name "slippers?"

no lol - chilli, nina and dewey

hughey and norman just died :(

Saphyre
yeah :(

and my step-dad thinks hes always right which annoys me, he cant say sorry or refuses to and thinks he's 'it'

Oh wow, that sounds just like my step-dad. :rolleyes:

xXhayleyroxXx
Oh wow, that sounds just like my step-dad. :rolleyes:

really? :O

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 15:46
Mines called Insulation Experiment 79.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:47
Mines called Insulation Experiment 79.

hahaha

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 15:47
no lol - chilli, nina and dewey

hughey and norman just died :(

awwww:hug:

What did you do with their fur?

Catapharact
31-08-09, 15:48
And as always, the given hypocricy of forum members here doesn't fail to amuse me. And you call her parents closeminded. Can't expect anything else from a bunch of kids actually.

I have only heard one side of the story in this given context. All I have heard is Haley's side. I personally don't know how much time she spends playing videogames, or obsessing over Lara and how its effecting her grades or her club activities. It IS wrong from the given parents to go through such bizarre actions as calling her a lesbian for her obession, but for once... JUST for once as a coummity, think about the welfare of the given kid over the freakin videogame. Lara is a bunch of pixals and will always be one to me. Nothing more.

The adults can easily say that they spend their leasure time playing games since they have already done settling down in their careers (well... the mature minded ones anway :pi:) and now they can set time aside for these sort of thing but for kids... This is a very critical time. You have your future to worry about.

xXhayleyroxXx
awwww:hug:

What did you do with their fur?

buried them :o

Saphyre
really? :O

Yep. He's always right and he gets really mad when we prove him wrong and tries to wiggle his way out of it back into the right.

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 15:50
buried them :o

uh huh and you say you have three others?

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:50
And as always, the given hypocricy of forum members here doesn't fail to amuse me. Can't expect anything else from a bunch of kids actually.

I have only heard one side of the story in this given context. All I have heard is Haley's side. I personally don't know how much time she spends playing videogames, or obsessing over Lara and how its effecting her grades or her club activities. It IS wrong from the given parents to go through such bizarre actions as calling her a lesbian for her obession, but for once... JUST for once as a coummity, think about the welfare of the given kid over the freakin videogame. Lara is a bunch of pixals and will always be one to be. Nothing more.

The adults can easily say that they spend their leasure time playing games since they have already done settling down in their careers (well... the mature minded ones anway :pi:) and now they can set time aside for these sort of thing but for kids... This is a very critical time. You have your future to worry about.

i spend a lot of my time doing hw and helping round the house, i go to youth theatre as a club and im doign an extended project at school to better my education :o

@saphyre - sounds exactly like alan, i can completely relate to you!

@icecoldlaracroft - indeed, three more :)

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 15:51
And as always, the given hypocricy of forum members here doesn't fail to amuse me. Can't expect anything else from a bunch of kids actually.

I have only heard one side of the story in this given context. All I have heard is Haley's side. I personally don't know how much time she spends playing videogames, or obsessing over Lara and how its effecting her grades or her club activities. It IS wrong from the given parents to go through such bizarre actions as calling her a lesbian for her obession, but for once... JUST for once as a coummity, think about the welfare of the given kid over the freakin videogame. Lara is a bunch of pixals and will always be one to be. Nothing more.

My grades are A couple from the top and I Play Games Every Day.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:52

same, tomb raider actually got me into what i want to do in life

Catapharact
31-08-09, 15:52

a) For how long?

b) Do you do anything else then play videogames? How about involving yourself with activities.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:53
a) For how long?

b) Do you do anything else then play videogames? How about involving yourself with activities.

read what i said please, both things :o

Catapharact
31-08-09, 15:56
read what i said please, both things :o

I still do not know as to what your given grades are or how you have been doing at school. Since you are involving yourself with programs and still not getting the desired results, then you aren't concentrating enough on studies and that is what might have your parents concerned.

Keep in mind... What might be enough to you in terms of spending time doing homework might not be enough by the given standard time you should be spending doing homework.

Reggie
31-08-09, 15:57
I've heard of people label certain hobbies/interests as 'gay' but I've never heard of a case where people are using the 'lesbian' label - I always thought girls had a bit more freedom in that respect. My advice would be that while it is fine to like Lara Croft as a character and enjoy the Tomb Raider games, don't let it define you as a person and If someone labels you as a lesbian then ignore it because you are who are you and you know what you like and that's what counts. On the other hand, I would question whether you're indulging in your hobbies too much. I know I did during my first year of College and I paid for it with Us so while your parents were pretty tactless in their approach, there may be some kernel of concern as Cat is referring to.

Marianna12
They're calling her a lesbian because she likes Tomb Raider and Lara! ...and they're not close minded???:confused:

Saphyre
Cataphract: I really do see your point, school & work etc. are the most important things in this time of life. I think the way the parents are going about it isn't the best way though as you said, and according to hayley, theres a little bit of a violent streak in her father. I'm not accusing Hayley of exaggerating, but she might be really upset and make it seem bigger than it is, still I can't judge and I'm trusting what she's saying since theres no way over the net we can see whats actually going on. Theres other ways to go about expressing concern for your childs wellbeing than calling them a 'lesbian' as i'm sure you agree. Maybe like said earlier by someone in the thread, the parents think 'joking' them out of the 'obsession' is the best way. But it doesn't seem to work in this case.

As for Lara, she may be a bunch of pixels, but she has a personality given to her by real people, the voice actresses & the writers. Its not obsurd to look up to a character from say a book, so I don't see why its so different in this case. It may just be me I dunno.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 15:59
I still do not know as to what your given grades are or how you have been doing at school. Since you are involving yourself with programs and still not getting the desired results, then you aren't concentrating enough on studies and that is what might have your parents concerned.

Keep in mind... What might be enough to you in terms of spending time doing homework might not be enough by the given standard time you should be spending doing homework.

well i cant exactly say since i had flu when i took the exams
iv just done my as levels, and i found them hard but am very dedicated

tomb raider is my sanctury from my busy, **** life

oh and if i did hw any more, id be so depressed and would have no fun in my life.

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 16:10
a) For how long?

On my Computer the most (Dont Have Latest Consoles), Moding star trek Legacy, The sims, TR, This Forum And Watching DVDs
Not Always on video games but on Computer whenever i can (I have School).

There once was a time I had an activitiy every day but I soon realised computers are more fun :D .

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:12
On my Computer the most (Dont Have Consoles), Moding star trek Legacy, The sims, TR, This Forum And Watching DVDs
Not Realy.

There once was a time I had an activitiy every day but I soon realised computers are more fun :D .

atleast you tried activities. tbh it makes me so busy it distracts me from school....i wouldnt do it if it didnt boost my performing arts grades up!

TRhalloween
31-08-09, 16:14
And as always, the given hypocricy of forum members here doesn't fail to amuse me. And you call her parents closeminded. Can't expect anything else from a bunch of kids actually.

http://actingschmacting.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/broken-record.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:15

:ton::hug:

Catapharact
31-08-09, 16:17

Well the given point doesn't seems to be getting home do I say keep hammering it in till the moots get it ;).

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:18
Well the given point doesn't seems to be getting home do I say keep hammering it in till the moots get it ;).

that seems to suggest your'e not listening to me or tomb of winston actually

TRhalloween
31-08-09, 16:19

There are ways you can express what you're trying to say without passing judgement all the time.

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 16:19

You've come late to the party:o

xx_Hunt_xx
31-08-09, 16:20

LOL! haha best reply ever!

Why do you care though if parents think your lesbian for Lara? If i was you id just be sarcastic back.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:21
LOL! haha best reply ever!

Why do you care though if parents think your lesbian for Lara? If i was you id just be sarcastic back.

it upsets my mum if i do that, she feels guilty for leaving my dad.

also my step-dad gets a bit violent

Catapharact
31-08-09, 16:24
that seems to suggest your'e not listening to me or tomb of winston actually

Your given point has been taken into consideration. However, given the circumstances of the crowd, I wouldn't put too much faith in majority of the people here to give you solid advice about your given future. You by your own self admitted that you have to work on your academics and your leasure activities. If you can't find the time to do so, its quite obvious that you can't afford time to play VGs at of this moment. You have bigger priorities right now.

TRhalloween:

You guys have done nothing but pass judgement in this given thread. All you did is base your assumptions on Haley's side of the story. How much more proof you need that your actions are hypocritical?

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 16:26
TRhalloween:

You guys have done nothing but pass judgement in this given thread. All you did is base your assumptions on Haley's side of the story. How much more proof you need that your actions are hypocritical?

You think Hayleys step-dad has a reason for being violent? :confused:
Being Violent to a kid/teenager or even a women is wrong.

Saphyre
31-08-09, 16:27

Being violent to ANYONE is wrong I think.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:27
Your given point has been taken into consideration. However, given the circumstances of the crowd, I wouldn't put too much faith in majority of the people here to give you solid advice about your given future. You by your own self admitted that you have to work on your academics and your leasure activities. If you can't find the time to do so, its quite obvious that you can't afford time to play VGs at of this moment. You have bigger priorities right now.

TRhalloween:

you've made yourself sound like a mod....

i said i have a healthy dose between academic and vg's
i also draw, paint, write, walk, cycle and sing in my lesiure - do you consider them bad ? as i dont

Catapharact
31-08-09, 16:28

Did I not make it clear in my last two posts that his actions on that part are clearly wrong and he needs to stop that? Its clear as day. Read the posts.

However, I can see why the parents in question are concerned. The way they went about expressing that concern is wrong.

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 16:29

i also draw, paint, write, walk, cycle and sing in my lesiure - do you consider them bad ? as i dont

She does that a lot. I recommend not paying attention/responding

xx_Hunt_xx

I dont see why your having to proove to someone else you have other activites.

Also is this Lesbian thing said in a joking way, or are they serious when they say it?

xXhayleyroxXx
Did I not make it clear in my last two posts that his actions on that part are clearly wrong and he needs to stop that? Its clear as day. Read the posts.

However, I can see why the parents in question are concerned. The way they went about expressing that concern is wrong.

no :ton:

thanks everyone

@hunt - nasty - like before he said 'move your boots and pics of lesbian croft'

he shouted it at me

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 16:30

nah its actually quite cloudy!

Angelus
31-08-09, 16:32
Ugh, this thread gives me a headache.

Hayley, you like TR and Lara. Your step-parents call you a lesbian when you know you're not, so ignore them.

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 16:33
Wait wait wait!

Hold on!

Your step parents think you're the Doppleganger?!

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:34
Wait wait wait!

Hold on!

Your step parents think you're the Doppleganger?!

yes :ton:

Catapharact
31-08-09, 16:35

Ok, first off, I haven't wagged my finger at you for violating forum T&C (which you guys hate oh so much.)

Second, I am getting contradictory replies here. First you tell me you don't have time for extra cirricular activities and now all of a sudden all of this comes out. Look, I am sure you have the best of intentions but I do see a problem here. Right now, I just want to make sure that you indeed are focusing the required amount of time on your studies rather then LC.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:36
Ok, first off, I haven't wagged my finger at you for violating forum T&C (which you guys hate oh so much.)

Second, I am getting contradictory replies here. First you tell me you don't have time for extra cirricular activities and now all of a sudden all of this comes out. Look, I am sure you have the best of intentions but I do see a problem here. Right now, I just want to make sure that you indeed are focusing the required amount of time on your studies rather then LC.

no i said i do do youth theatre, which is a club and it boosts my grades.
This is what consumes my time.

Catapharact
31-08-09, 16:38
no i said i do do youth theatre, which is a club and it boosts my grades.
This is what consumes my time.

And how do your grades stand as of now? Are they good? And I do not mean by your standards.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:41
And how do your grades stand as of now? Are they good? And I do not mean by your standards.

performing arts im at merit status - aabb

biology and english lit i had flu when i took them, so my grades are not correct to how i function tbh, im re-taking the exams

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 16:45

This thread is'nt about Video Games and Grades its about helping hayley on what to do with her Step-Parents Calling her Lesbian.
What are you the Education inspector.

Paddy
31-08-09, 16:45
This thread is'nt about Video Games and Grades its about helping hayley on what to do with her Step-Parents Calling her Lesbian.

Dont see anything that wrong with what hes posting, I agree with most of it.
That pic of a broken record shows what can truly be wrong with the GC section.

Catapharact
31-08-09, 16:46
performing arts im at merit status - aabb

biology and english lit i had flu when i took them, so my grades are not correct to how i function tbh, im re-taking the exams

I am not gonna say anything until I see the results of those given exams. However, there might be a cause for concern since you should be focusing more on studying for those given exams then playing Video Games.

Fair?

And don't get depressed. Lara can't provide with with support but your siblings and REAL LIFE friends.

That given horse has been beaten to a pulp. Now its time to focus more on Haley's well being rather then goofing off

Angelus
31-08-09, 16:47
http://i32.************/2hda1l1.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:48
I am not gonna say anything until I see the results of those given exams. However, there might be a cause for concern since you should be focusing more on studying for those given exams then playing Video Games.

Fair?

And don't get depressed. Lara can't provide with with support but your siblings and REAL LIFE friends.

i did study :O
i studied loads, i gave up on videogames to study

and my real life friends give me a hell of a lot of supporrt

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 16:54

Fair?

That given horse has been beaten to a pulp. Now its time to focus more on Haley's well being rather then goofing off

What do you mean goofing off and not focusing on Hayley's well being.
You are the one that is Talking about Education Instead of Helping Hayley deal with her Step-Dad.
You even tried to think of his Name calling as something to stop Hayley Playing on Video Games Every Once and A while.
He is just Bullying Hayley Which Is Wrong.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 16:56
What do you mean goofing off and not focusing on Hayley's well being.
You are the one that is Talking about Education Instead of Helping Hayley deal with her Step-Dad.
You even tried to think of his Name calling as something to stop Hayley Playing on Video Games Every Once and A while.
He is just Bullying Hayley Which Is Wrong.

thankyou :hug:

i actuallly sought videogames as an escape from bullying and him

Catapharact
31-08-09, 16:59
*Sigh...* I am going to say this one last time since saying it twice doesn't work on the given population here.

YES! The way the given parents in question let about expressing their frustration is obviously wrong and its in excusable. However, I want to hear their side of the story too. I want to hear from her mom especially if she thinks that Haley is doing enough towards her academics and the like. THAT is why I asked her about her grades and her activities. There is obviously a cause for concern in that given area.

Now does everyone GET IT?! Or do I have to implant it in directly in your heads?

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 16:59
thankyou :hug:

i actuallly sought videogames as an escape from bullying and him

Its very understandable :).

jackles
31-08-09, 17:02
hmmm I think my reaction the next time your step dad goes on about football or something to mutter about how he must fancy men because he likes football. When he doth protest point out that it is no different than you liking crofty.

Sounds to me like they just want to get a rise out of you. I would ignore it. Not react at all. Or laugh it off.

remote91
31-08-09, 17:02
Just tell them how ****ing retarded they are to think that you're sexually attracted to a bunch of pixels.

Marianna12
31-08-09, 17:03
hmmm I think my reaction the next time your step dad goes on about football or something to mutter about how he must fancy men because he likes football. When he doth protest point out that it is no different than you liking crofty.

Wow...now that's a good one!!!:tmb:

Jo269976
I'm gay with Chris Redfield http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/57889010/awesome_face_normal.jpg

tombofwinston
*Sigh...* I am going to say this one last time since saying it twice doesn't work on the given population here.

YES! The way the given parents in question let about expressing their frustration is obviously wrong and its in excusable. However, I want to hear their side of the story too. I want to hear from her mom especially if she thinks that Haley is doing enough towards her academics and the like. THAT is why I asked her about her grades and her activities. There is obviously a cause for concern in that given area.

Now does everyone GET IT?! Or do I have to implant it in directly in your heads?

We Get it but What other side of the story is there, Hayley would'nt Play on Games Her Step-Dad Didd'nt bully her.

Who in the wright mind would call there Step-Child A lesbian just so they would stop playing a video Game Anyway.

Now Stop arguing or I will Disintergrate you with my Disruptor.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 17:04
thanks everyone, and nice point jackles! very nice point

Tonyrobinson
I would lay it on thick and actually pretend that you have feelings for Lara just to see their reaction and wind them up :vlol:

Psychos'Я'Us
I'm gay with Chris Redfield http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/57889010/awesome_face_normal.jpg

I'm straight with Jill...does that count? :mis:

Catapharact
31-08-09, 17:05
Now Stop arguing or I will Disintergrate you with my Disruptor.

... Riiiiight.

Anyway, Haley, I have made my point on the given subject. As of right now you should be focusing upon studying for the retakes. Video Games can wait.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 17:06
... Riiiiight.

Anyway, Haley, I have made my point on the given subject. As of right now you should be focusing upon studying for the retakes. Video Games can wait.

i will after the interview to see when they actually are.

Lara Fan 4Life
31-08-09, 17:06
Catapharact, who are you to say that Hayley spends her time playing videogames instead of studying? You don't even know the girl. The whole thing was how her parents called her a lesbian for liking Lara Croft. I don't see how that relates to studying and not getting the grades you need.

Tonyrobinson
31-08-09, 17:08
Oh no does that mean if we play games with the same sex protagonist we are all homosexuals. You can't win honestly if you're a male and play as a male character you are considered gay or if you play as a female character you obviously enjoy being a female and are gay too. You can't win :p

Catapharact
31-08-09, 17:09
Catapharact, who are you to say that Hayley spends her time playing videogames instead of studying? You don't even know the girl. The whole thing was how her parents called her a lesbian for liking Lara Croft. I don't see how that relates to studying and not getting the grades you need.

Hence why I asked her about her study habits and confirm it all through HER mouth of word and I do see the obvious problems which she herself has admitted are problems. What I would personally like to see is her dealing with those given problems pronto.

The "lesbian" remark has been discussed and beaten to death. I wanted to see the other side of the story.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 17:10
Hence why I asked her about her study habits and confirm it all through HER mouth of word and I do see the obvious problems which she herself has admitted are problems. What I would personally like to see is her dealing with those given problems pronto.

The "lesbian" remark has been discussed and beaten to death. I wanted to see the other side of the story.

no no no, i said i have a healthy dose of both :o

jackles
31-08-09, 17:12
Cat quite often on here I give a parents position to counter balance peoples opinions but there is still no excuse for them sniping at a young girl. The adult should be the one to be that...the adult. If they are not happy with Hayley's work then they need to just say so and negotiate how she can do more. Sadly I often see parents who have more in common with the playground than anything else.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 17:13
Cat quite often on here I give a parents position to counter balance peoples opinions but there is still no excuse for them sniping at a young girl. The adult should be the one to be that...the adult. If they are not happy with Hayley's work then they need to just say so and negotiate how she can do more. Sadly I often see parents who have more in common with the playground than anything else.

yeah theyre happy with my work (my real parents) , hes not even my dad

tranniversary119
31-08-09, 17:13
That's lame. If my parents ever called me gay because I played Batman AA I would be pretty heated.

Catapharact
31-08-09, 17:17

And I made that quite clear. I have said it quite a few times already that the given conduct in question is not appropriate at all. However, I am trying to do what her parents should have done; Lay everything out reasonably and show her as to what the given problem might be in obsessing over VGs and neglecting other given priorities.

jackles
31-08-09, 17:18
Thats normally my job in here. ;)

remote91
31-08-09, 17:18
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/boredcat-isbored.jpg

tombofwinston
31-08-09, 17:19
That's lame. If my parents ever called me gay because I played Batman AA I would be pretty heated.

I would Disintegrate Them :p .

Angelus
31-08-09, 17:33
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/boredcat-isbored.jpg

What Simon said.

I mean, what Paul said.

the ancient
31-08-09, 17:34

Some people call me gay because I play with as a girl(Lara croft) these days people always say you are gay or lesbianne without a reason (I am not gay):mad:
dont let them say those things if you now your not lesbianne thats the important

tranniversary119
31-08-09, 17:41
Some people call me gay because I play with a girl these days people always say you are gay or lesbianne without a reason (I am not gay):mad:
dont let them say those things if you now your not lesbianne thats the important

It's all apart of growing up, people like to poke fun and label each other. But I fail to see why other people use sexual orientation to make fun of each other..."Oh your gay because you Lara" or "Your gay because you play as girls all the time" without an explanation as to why that makes someone gay is just a silly comment to bring you down are a reason for them to make fun of something you like.

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 17:42
They think you're Lebanese?

the ancient
31-08-09, 17:47
It's all apart of growing up, people like to poke fun and label each other. But I fail to see why other people use sexual orientation to make fun of each other..."Oh your gay because you Lara" or "Your gay because you play as girls all the time" without an explanation as to why that makes someone gay is just a silly comment to bring you down are a reason for them to make fun of something you like.

yay thanks for the help:hug:
I also dont like it that they use the word gay or lesbianne as a word to hurt someone that is so childish:o

remote91
31-08-09, 17:49
What Simon said.

I mean, what Paul said.
Ooh, you cow.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 18:51

i know :(

the thing that would really hurt though is if i were actally lesbian... how accepting would that be

robm_2007
31-08-09, 19:44
i would call them gay; since it seems that they find it to be an insult.

amiro1989
31-08-09, 19:48
WTF??
Pretty harsh for them to say that stuff.

Why would it be?

Just joke with it if you know you aren't.... Why would you always try to prove somebody's wrong. Usually, when you make fun of those kind of situations people tend to **** off.

Love2Raid
31-08-09, 19:50
Wow, that sucks...:(

I see you have already gotten some good advice from kind TRF members in this thread. :)

Here is some 'advice':p from me:

1. Get a boyfriend

or

2. Ask your best male friend to 'be' your boyfriend for a week or something

That will shut them up for sure. ;)

scoopy_loopy
31-08-09, 23:31
Awe sweetie :hug:

**** 'em, I say. Just because Lara is sexy, doesnt mean one has to like her for that aspect only!

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 23:33
Awe sweetie :hug:

**** 'em, I say. Just because Lara is sexy, doesnt mean one has to like her for that aspect only!

indeed hehe

shes super sexy but i dont fancy her :o i just look up to her :ton:

Tombraiderx08
31-08-09, 23:35
I'd just do my thing anyways and if they had a problem, oh well :vlol:

maniakatosheto
31-08-09, 23:53
those moo's ! how dare they. I mean not for anything but i'm obsessed with lara .. and my friends are like dude you need a life im like O.o

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 23:55
those moo's ! how dare they. I mean not for anything but i'm obsessed with lara .. and my friends are like dude you need a life im like O.o

i know same :o

ah whey you're not the only one xxx

amore-guy
01-09-09, 00:00
hey Beautiful, i just want you to know i have the same case :p
my family say IM WAY TOO OVER OBSSESSED with Tomb Raider (FANATIC :p)
yeah.. Its normal :p..And Welcome to my world :p :hug: XD

Siberian Tiger
01-09-09, 00:08

I'm straight with Jill...does that count? :mis:

I want in on this action! ;)

Lesbians with Lara Croft huh? I honestly wouldn't let it get to you too much, but if it really is bothering you you should just be deeply honest with them and let them know that it really bothers you. Not as a joke, but it actually is annoying you. If they continue, then give 'em the middle finger.

:)

Or... maybe not.

thecentaur
01-09-09, 00:27
Even if you're straight, you can surely pick out beautiful females. Sure, she's a carefully constructed sea of pixels. But I mean it's kind of flat out ridiculous if you call someone out if you insist that "a girl can be beautiful"

larafan25
01-09-09, 00:42
I am gay and I can know when a women is beautiful as much as anyone else could:)

it means nothing towards your sexuality though, and your parents should be smart enough to know that:)

they may just be teasing you, but if you don't like it you should tell them:)

trXD
01-09-09, 00:55
They are being rediculouse, just tell them to knock it off!

Every girl i know is somewhat obsessed with a female icon, its idiotic to think there is anything gay about it.

:)

TRhalloween
01-09-09, 01:25
Call them dopey rednecks.

Minimus
01-09-09, 01:39
Hayley, you're a bright, kind and lovely girl. Why would your step-parents be so cruel? I've read most of the posts in this thread, and I can see things go far deeper than them calling you a lesbian in love with Lara Croft.

My family know I'm obsessed with Lara Croft, it doesn't really bother them unless I'm really really bored and playing her games all day long and they moan :p

You need to contact some help, seeing as you're below 18. Maybe childline or something? :)

Rai
01-09-09, 01:53
Your step-parents really need to chill and learn to be more open-minded.

I think that there is still some stigma, some stereotype about girls liking video games - and aspiring to video game characters. By seeing Lara as a heroine for you, someone to aspire too, maybe, perhaps due to preconceived ideas or whatever, your parents (step or natural), just see it ass odd? They can't quite understand it, so they say things hurtful to 'cover their ignorance.

You need to explain to them that Lara inspires you, that because you like Tomb Raider so much, you've chosen a path in life. Aren't you off abroad to do some volunteering? Aren't you on a mission to get into archaeology? You can use that as an example as to how Lara and TR has inspired you. Explain it to them like that and maybe they won't think you fancy Lara, but look up to what she represents to you as a young woman.

Are your step parents anti gay, even a little? Maybe they need to learn that there is nothing wrong in it. As you say, no one can choose their sexuality or who they fall for. You may not be able to change their minds, but you can reassure them that you're not a lesbian and they'll back off.

You know what? My mum was once worried about me because of my liking for female singers. I just prefer their voices to male singers. Doesn't mean I fancy women. :vlol:

larafan25
01-09-09, 01:54
Hayley, you're a bright, kind and lovely girl. Why would your step-parents be so cruel? I've read most of the posts in this thread, and I can see things go far deeper than them calling you a lesbian in love with Lara Croft.

My family know I'm obsessed with Lara Croft, it doesn't really bother them unless I'm really really bored and playing her games all day long and they moan :p

You need to contact some help, seeing as you're below 18. Maybe childline or something? :)

I don't think she needs to contact a childrens help line over this....just simply tell her parents that she doesn't like them telling her she is a lesbian because she plays tomb raider:)

Sir Croft
01-09-09, 02:00
Funny that some dudes are taken as gays because they like Lara :vlol:

Minimus
01-09-09, 02:00
I don't think she needs to contact a childrens help line over this....just simply tell her parents that she doesn't like them telling her she is a lesbian because she plays tomb raider:)

Lol no I didn't mean because of that :p I meant because of the other things she's told us :pi:

Elessar87
01-09-09, 04:25
Those comments are completely off the wall ludicrious. Just because you admire someone doesn't mean you're sexually attracted to them. God. *shakes head* Anyway, I guess the best you can do is let them know you're umcomfortable with them making those kinds of comments and explaining that you don't like Lara that way, you just see her as a role model. Good luck to you and I really hope they stop making those comments. It's just ridiculous.

scremanie
01-09-09, 04:35
LOLZ! I just thought... so if, lets say.. a guy was obsessed with God Of War, or Uncharted, does that make him gay?

I THINK NOT!! >_____>

Your step parents are stupid Hayley. No offense.

Ceamonks890
01-09-09, 05:00
Oh how awful:( You should call a youth helpline or something. Geez, some people can be so cruel. Just ignore what your step-parents say about liking Tomb Raider. We all have different interests. I'm a guy and I really only play Tomb Raider for the adventures, locations, new moves/weapons/gadgets and playing as one of my favourite game characters, same goes for all the other games I like ex: Spider-Man, Batman, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Prince of Persia etc. I hope you manage to get this sorted out soon and than your step-parents can grow up and move on.

It was good for you to come on here and talk about it:)

egypt_gypsie
01-09-09, 05:53
I had the same problem for a while from my ex-boyfriend. I always talked about Keira Knightley and which movies she was in etc. and he started telling everyone in school that I was a lesbian. I ignored it for a while, until he left a picture of a naked lady on my locker. -_-

A few days later, he came up to me in the hallway at school, and asked me how I liked the picture. I decided that I had had enough, and punched him twice. He never said a word to me or about me again.

Funny, now all the guys in my school are terrified of me. :confused: They have nicknamed me Domino Harvey....

If I were you, I would just ignore it, and then one day, just punch the **** out of him. If he doesn't stop then, pepper spray him or something.

If that is too drastic, then sit down and have a talk with them. If you want to be funny about it, wait until he falls asleep, then write 'I am gay with the Jonas Brothers' on his forehead with model paint (takes forever to get it off).

I don't understand why parents get worried in the first place about their kids sexuality. I don't care if someone was into farm animals. Makes no difference to me.

Oh btw, I was kidding about the Jonas Brothers thing...that might make him a little angry. :D

amiro1989
01-09-09, 06:02
I had the same problem for a while from my ex-boyfriend. I always talked about Keira Knightley and which movies she was in etc. and he started telling everyone in school that I was a lesbian. I ignored it for a while, until he left a picture of a naked lady on my locker. -_-

A few days later, he came up to me in the hallway at school, and asked me how I liked the picture. I decided that I had had enough, and punched him twice. He never said a word to me or about me again.

Funny, now all the guys in my school are terrified of me. :confused: They have nicknamed me Domino Harvey....

If I were you, I would just ignore it, and then one day, just punch the **** out of him. If he doesn't stop then, pepper spray him or something.

If that is too drastic, then sit down and have a talk with them. If you want to be funny about it, wait until he falls asleep, then write 'I am gay with the Jonas Brothers' on his forehead with model paint (takes forever to get it off).

I don't understand why parents get worried in the first place about their kids sexuality. I don't care if someone was into farm animals. Makes no difference to me.

Oh btw, I was kidding about the Jonas Brothers thing...that might make him a little angry. :D

:vlol: HILARIOUS!

Night Crawler
01-09-09, 07:43
As the title says, my step-dad and step-mum constantly take the **** out of me, saying im a lesbian 'with' Lara.

I know im not, shes flawless and everything i want to be, but i dont fancy her. Im a straight 17 year old girl yet they always do this.

Im not saying lesbianism is wrong, i know a lot of lovely girls who are gay; no one can choose their sexuality.

But what should I do.... it's really bugging me and upsetting me, i cant draw lara or play my favourite game series without snide comments!

For instance just not i got told to 'move my boots and pics of lesbian croft' in a horrible manner.Can't you show them this post? It kinda explains how you're feeling, and after seeing other peoples comments here, maybe they'll back off a little bit. Parents can be arseholes too sometimes. ;)

ChingKong
01-09-09, 08:00
aww dont fret they dont understand :rolleyes: :D

i remember my mom asked me if i was obsessed with boobs...cuz i was playin alot of TR :vlol:

Gabi
01-09-09, 09:47
Some posts removed. Please keep on topic. :)

Hayley, I do think it is a good idea to discuss this all with your dad. See what he thinks about it all and whether he can help you find a solution on how to best deal with it.
Let us know how it went. :hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 10:40
Some posts removed. Please keep on topic. :)

Hayley, I do think it is a good idea to discuss this all with your dad. See what he thinks about it all and whether he can help you find a solution on how to best deal with it.
Let us know how it went. :hug:

thanks Gabi, and yeah he's picking me up @ 5 so ill update later on :)

@ everyone else - thanks for your support :hug:

xxxxxxxxx

Phlip
01-09-09, 15:51
Good luck, Hayley. :)

Encore
01-09-09, 15:58
I think the reason your parents might think that way is because Lara has an excessively sexualized image, she's clearly a character created mostly to please the male audiences. There's also many reasons why women admire her but the most obvious conotation of Lara is not her personality or career choice, it's how she looks (Lara as a sex symbol) so, for people not really into the series, that's the first thing that comes to mind.. Hence, a girl would like her for sexual reasons.
It's a stupid reasoning for us here, but a logical one for someone who doesn't know a lot about Tomb Raider.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 16:48
//

Phlip
01-09-09, 17:00
So you're not going to stay with your dad? :(