PDA

View Full Version : Mexico 'Thriller' Dance - Tribute to Michael Jackson

Shark_Blade
31-08-09, 16:27
yNR7J4-X0vE&feature=related

Amazing tribute by Mexico fans, and the turn ups are massive it's like a proper MJ concert! Just look at the hoards of people.:D It was on the news yesterday and thought I share it with you guys.

Tony9595
31-08-09, 16:28
*feels ashamed of his own country*

*facepalm*

Shark_Blade
31-08-09, 16:34
What? You should be proud of their commitment. Or is it that you're not an MJ fan?

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 16:36
he died ages ago! :rolleyes:
i know he was the king of pop, but when he was alive loads of people wouldn't even call themselves fans, and when he dies BANG there fans :confused:

Anyway isn't there a MJ thread that this could go in?

TombRaiderLover
31-08-09, 16:37

It was closed.

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 16:38
It was closed.

oh well, carry on!:)

Tony9595
31-08-09, 16:39
What? You should be proud of their commitment. Or is it that you're not an MJ fan?

Kelly really seems to get my idea :)
That's why ↓

i know he was the king of pop, but when he was alive loads of people wouldn't even call themselves fans, and when he dies BANG there fans :confused:

I can't stand it, he was HATED here... and now... this.

Paddy
31-08-09, 16:39

Bandwagon fans annoy me the most. Some of them here are hypocrites.

Mokono
31-08-09, 16:41
@Tony9595: Yeah, you were meanies with Marilyn Manson too... Let's see if you raise a statue after.

j/k

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 16:42
@Tony9595: Yeah, you were meanies with Marilyn Manson too... Let's see if you raise a statue after.

j/k

eww i wound't even lift a finger for him

Shark_Blade
31-08-09, 16:44

Anyway isn't there a MJ thread that this could go in?Who are these you called "people wouldn't even call themselves fans"?:confused: Imo when he died the awareness increases. Kids who never even heard of him (like my little nephew) heard Michael's songs for the first time(one of the reasons is because radio/tv spin his songs so frequently now) and love him, and that creates and adds more fans since the yester years we have before.

I bet if Hannah Montana died..well never mind.

Marianna12
31-08-09, 16:46
Tbh, I hadn't heard many of his songs before, I didn't know much about him, too! Then I watched tributes etc, I really liked his songs, and I still listen to some!

Shark_Blade
31-08-09, 16:48
^See, Marianna is one of the good examples! :D

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 16:51
im not talking about new fans, i was on about people who say they were fans for life

Paddy
31-08-09, 16:52
Who are these you called "people wouldn't even call themselves fans"?:confused: Imo when he died the awareness increases. Kids who never even heard of him (like my little nephew) heard Michael's songs for the first time(one of the reasons is because radio/tv spin his songs so frequently now) and love him, and that creates and adds more fans since the yester years we have before.

I bet if Hannah Montana died..well never mind.
You can bet the bandwagon fans would come in the millions.

Tony9595
31-08-09, 16:54
↑ Massive suicides :vlol:

im not talking about new fans, i was on about people who say they were fans for life

Hypocrites in other words. Not everyone though, just people who didn't even care for him when he was alive, and now say they would die for him...

KC Mraz
31-08-09, 16:54
*feels ashamed of his own country*

*facepalm*

Why? Things like this are not made everyday and let alone breaking a Guiness record, I think it's awesome.

And of course people will suddenly care about Michael. It will always happen when an important artist dies and has ever been like that. At it's time, you can bet there will be Madonna records and Britney records, etc.

Mokono
31-08-09, 16:55

And i support your opinion considering that MTV Latin America is mostly Mexican (and based in Mexico), so there's probably a sponsor behind this.

But is not a bad gesture, since i bet it's not just hypocritically oriented... There gotta be real fans among the masses, but (again) there's no way to know.

I actually saw it in the news and heard of it in the radio, but if you're waiting for someone to tell you: "nice finding"... Of course, it's interesting, and it's pretty much appreciated.

Paddy
31-08-09, 16:56
Why? Things like this are not made everyday and let alone breaking a Guiness record, I think it's awesome.

And of course people will suddenly care about Michael. It have always happen and always will when an important artist dies. At it's time, you can bet there will be Madonna records and Britney records, etc.

Thats different to making out suddenly you were a fan because he died.
Compassion is different to just being a hypocrite.

Tony9595
31-08-09, 16:58
And of course people will suddenly care about Michael. It will always happen when an important artist dies and has ever been like that. At it's time, you can bet there will be Madonna records and Britney records, etc.

Thats different to making out suddenly you were a fan because he died.
Compassion is different to just being a hypocrite.

↑ Exactly Paddy :tmb:

See, I like some of Madonna's songs, a lot of them to be honest. But I don't consider myself a true fan of her. Now if she dies... I will just feel, oh what a shame :(
Not suddenly transform myself on her #1 fan :pi:

Kelly Craftman
31-08-09, 17:17
And i support your opinion considering that MTV Latin America is mostly Mexican (and based in Mexico), so there's probably a sponsor behind this.

But is not a bad gesture, since i bet it's not just hypocritically oriented... There gotta be real fans among the masses, but (again) there's no way to know.

I actually saw it in the news and heard of it in the radio, but if you're waiting for someone to tell you: "nice finding"... Of course, it's interesting, and it's pretty much appreciated.

of course he has fans :p everyone has a fan or more :)

im just saying its funny how millions of people say they are a fan after he died

KC Mraz
31-08-09, 17:20
I also think a big part of them only went there to so they could say "I was there" or out of curiosity, but I do not think that's hypocrisy or that there's something wrong with it .

That was the point of it anyway, just do something big and have a fun for a while, and people like to do that kind of things. With Michael Jackson or not. I am not his fan either but I would have liked being part of that myself, too :D.

jackles
31-08-09, 17:27
Mass adoration/hysteria (take your pick) generally seems to happen when a pop/film star dies well before the normal life expectancy (yes I could have just said young...) so unless Britney or Madonna die whilst still at the height of their powers it won't happen. There are generally the type of fans who loved the music the first time around and the next gen ones who only hear it through their parents or like as happened now the music hits a whole new audience who obviously feel kinda cheated.

tombraiderluka
31-08-09, 17:42
I like the video, thank you for sharing :)

Shark_Blade
31-08-09, 17:42
im not talking about new fans, i was on about people who say they were fans for lifeWell that's arguable. But who's to say there are true fans for other artists out there as well.

im just saying its funny how millions of people say they are a fan after he died Well, maybe you haven't heard or aware of them. Maybe they're just your normal average fan who buys MJ cd, listen to the music and didn't bother to go on the forums, concerts, etc. And when MJ died they went out and tell the whole world who they really are? Who knows. All we know is that there are fans and we shouldn't judge them.

Paddy
01-09-09, 16:22
Well that's arguable. But who's to say there are true fans for other artists out there as well.

IMO true fans would be more then just fans of the music, but fans of the history behind it too.

Larapink
01-09-09, 16:59
Nice tribute! :D:tmb:

young Lara Croft
01-09-09, 17:08
I saw this yesterday, I bear a certain respect for the effort of those fans! it's a brave thing to do! :tmb:

Love2Raid
01-09-09, 17:57
yNR7J4-X0vE&feature=related

Amazing tribute by Mexico fans, and the turn ups are massive it's like a proper MJ concert! Just look at the hoards of people.:D It was on the news yesterday and thought I share it with you guys.

Wow, thatīs awesome! :)

Happy birthday MJ. :(