PDA

View Full Version : Flyby title

Laras Boyfr.
31-08-09, 17:51
I thought it's a good idea to make a competition of the best custom title flyby for trle.Anyone could join here and post his/her title flyby.Also we need 4 more jurors to review the titles. Here are the rules you should respect:

-We will use NGLE to test it,so the title should be compatible with NGLE
-The title flyby must have been created by just 1 person , also this person will be called as the creator here.
-You shouldn't publish the archive with the title flyby,just send the link of that to a juror(or to each juror better)
-The stuff you will use , must be used only with credit of the original creator or permission of him (mention it in the Readme)
-You also need to put the title music (104.wav) in the right format and also the uklogo (if you don't want to use it, make it transparent).
-The uploaded archive should be in .rar or .zip format and should include these files:

-Readme (Info,Description,Credits)
-Screenshot (Optional)
-title.tr4
-uklogo.pak
-104.wav

-Every builder can make only 1 title flyby here
-The 3 Best Title Builders will win a unreleased trle stuff package by me and maybe other builders.
-The 10 best title flybys will be published in a whole package for download for everyone.

Piega
31-08-09, 20:07
I've got one on the shelve that is 5 years old. It made it available once but nobody used it so I guess it is only my property again :) I will wait a little to see how many will add their title...

Tyhokan
01-09-09, 17:54
I like the idea of this contest, but I think it's too bad that we are limited to using NGLE. I just got a new computer and I am happy to be able to build again, but I use DXtre3D. I do plan on learning NGLE someday, but I would love it if I could enter this contest with my non official level. It would still use the exact same files. Come to think of it, I never tried playing a Dxtre3D built level with the NGLE engine, maybe it would work for a simple title sequence. I need to try that out.

Is there a deadline? I think that would be good, as long as it's not a ridiculously close one.

Laras Boyfr.
02-09-09, 08:42
I like the idea of this contest, but I think it's too bad that we are limited to using NGLE. I just got a new computer and I am happy to be able to build again, but I use DXtre3D. I do plan on learning NGLE someday, but I would love it if I could enter this contest with my non official level. It would still use the exact same files. Come to think of it, I never tried playing a Dxtre3D built level with the NGLE engine, maybe it would work for a simple title sequence. I need to try that out.

Is there a deadline? I think that would be good, as long as it's not a ridiculously close one.

i wanted to say that the testers will use the ngle tomb4.exe but the title levels from the builders should be combatible with that tomb4.exe i mean, and i think it will function because the title levels will not have custom flipeffects like the one from ngle or trep .but please do not make a title level which needs a trep patched exe.

Piega
05-09-09, 09:12
As suspected with experience from the past no one is really interested in creating title flyby's. And that is a shame as a custom game is nothing with a themed flyby to support it. It makes sense though. Who wants to spent time to create something to look at for a few minutes.

A flyby title does not have to go to waste. Actually you can have your title flyby be a playable level. Sinds the flyby is triggered automaticly in the title you can load the level file in the level script and play it. The only limit consist out of less flyby's for the level.

Titak
05-09-09, 18:18
a custom game is nothing with a themed flyby to support it. I agree. It always feels a bit empty when I play a custom level with lots of new and fun stuff in it and it does not have a custom title to go with the theme of the level.
And it really doesn't have to be very difficult or timeconsuming to create a custom title. A stationary camera looking into a nice area with the same theme as the level(set), or even a room from the level itself, already does the trick. :D