PDA

View Full Version : Incredible-Avon product same to T-Virus

Evan C.
31-08-09, 18:26
Today I was watching TV and I was amazed by this new product,not because of the miracles of it,but of the look-a-like to the Umbrella's famous product,the T-Virus.

Even the comercial was exactly the same!!! :eek:

Avon Product:
http://fraganciasybelleza.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/dermafull-serum.jpg?w=361&h=480

DvR3r2yW6Fk

T-Virus:
http://aldovega.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/t_virus.jpg

ZvWoL9-SQi0

I am afraid that one day this could happen,but not that soon!

-DaNnEe..
31-08-09, 18:29
Oh My God. <3 That's cool!

Candee Sparks
31-08-09, 18:31
Are you sure that wasn't just someone messing with the video or something?

And not a fan of Avon though. Shiseido is the best for skin but still way to pricey for a lot of people. But then even Age Defying from Covergirl is phenominal all the same. What can we learn from this story? Never trust a commercial until you've tried it yourself. If you wind up turning into a zombie after using Avon's product, you be sure to tell us so we can buy some alternative. ;)

Evan C.
31-08-09, 18:33
I saw this on TV,you can found information on the official web of Avon and in the whole internet.I would like to think that this is to sell more the product,but why to asociate the product with a virus?Is kinda crazy.

Edit:I didn't realize that the one I inserted was a fan made,but now i fixed it and putted the original.And isn't even more creepy?

Mokono
31-08-09, 18:35
Let's prepare ourselves for the outbreak.

Shark_Blade
31-08-09, 18:37
Maybe the Avon serum maker is a Resident Evil fan? :p

God Horus
31-08-09, 18:41
It's ok, Jill Valentine will save us all.

Shark_Blade
31-08-09, 18:47
^The bruneete one, not the blonde one hopefully.

Hermina94
31-08-09, 18:53
ZvWoL9-SQi0

mommy...I'm scared...:vlol:
Just the thought of it bringing the dead back to life...creepy :p

Tony9595
31-08-09, 19:04
AVON Supported by the Umbrella Company

Dennis's Mom
31-08-09, 19:05
That's funny. You have to wonder whether it's coincidence or whether someone on the design team has a wicked sense of humor.

irjudd
31-08-09, 19:07
Coincidence. A blue helix is not that uncommon in marketing.

Dennis's Mom
31-08-09, 19:20
Aw, you're no fun. I was having a good time imagining some closet gamer pulling a fast one. :D

irjudd
31-08-09, 19:22
You're right, it probably is. After all these sorts of things usually involve a boring old guy in a suit from marketing contacting a graphic design firm full of hipsters, so the possibility is definitely there. :D

ShadyCroft
31-08-09, 19:26
One Word. Advertising.

It caught your attention, no ?
You felt you had to make a thread about it, no ?
Now everybody here knows and talks about it, no ?

Guess who wins now ? ;)

Tony9595
31-08-09, 19:28
Guess who wins now ? ;)

Yeah, Tony wins :)

Mokono
31-08-09, 19:29
Guess who wins now ? ;)

Stingy people who doesn't want to spend 72$ in a beauty product.

ShadyCroft
31-08-09, 19:31
Yeah, Tony wins :)

:confused: Tony the Kellogs Tiger ?!

haha j/k :p

Stingy people who doesn't want to spend 72$ in a beauty product.

ok, the other folks. :p

TombRaiderCool
31-08-09, 19:35
Lol, it does look strikingly similar. I think it is probably a coincidence, I doubt Avon would want their product to be associated with a biological virus!
BTW, in the games the T-virus is green. :p

robm_2007
31-08-09, 19:37
i so saw that commercial on tv earlier this year, and thought the exact same thing! :D

It's funny, too, because Umbrella also developed a creme that would revive dead skin cells to rejuvinate the face, making it look naturally younger.

BTW, in the games the T-virus is green. :p

but in the movies, it is blue and the AntiVirus is green. At least since in the movies, it has the helix design to it; i dont think its a helix looking thing in the games. it was probably just green liquid.

Chocola teapot
31-08-09, 19:38
If only. :p

Lee croft
31-08-09, 19:47
I AINT ZOMBIE BAIT FOR ANY ONE!! if an outbreak happens i aint sticking around for a rescue team that aint coming!! i know where the golf clubs are and i aint afried to use em agianst them zombies :tea:

im kidding im kidding but gosh they do look similer

Evan C.
31-08-09, 20:25
Shadycroft,I am not an Avon seller,I don't win nothing here.And yes,the thread is open for people to leave their opinions.
You are quiet smart,really.

ShadyCroft
31-08-09, 20:30
^^thank you !

but when I asked who would win, I meant the company who made the product. The more you make your product more eye catching, the more it'll get publicized, the more it'll go around, be seen more by people.

And the more people who sees your product, the higher the probability of buyers.

But I'm sure most (if not all) of you realize this. :)

Psychos'Я'Us
31-08-09, 20:43
^The bruneete one, not the blonde one hopefully.

You do know they're one and the same riiiiiiight? :p

maniakatosheto
31-08-09, 21:29
Quick everybody! We must stop this umbrella madness! Let's crash em! *ctrl + alt + delete * lsasser.exe End process ^^ . your computar will die in like 00:00:58 , 00:00:57 ............ 00:00:01 . *black screen* Your computer has safely crashed yay for windows XP :)

Squibbly
31-08-09, 21:50
I saw this commercial before and thought the same thing! Coincidence I'm sure, but my boyfriend and I looked at each other like ":eek:".

Mokono
31-08-09, 22:12
One Word. Advertising.

Guess who wins now ? ;)

Shadycroft,I am not an Avon seller,I don't win nothing here.And yes,the thread is open for people to leave their opinions.
You are quiet smart,really.

And that's why i said that those who doesn't want beauty products are the real winners. Having enough reasons to stand for themselves without needing this kind of products is a victory. Was realy a basic need to fight for? Shady's post can be read like: "A goal for advertising is catching attention. OP felt interested in the add because of RE references. Advertisement goal (kinda) succeeded.".

That doesn't make you an Avon seller, Evan, and i humbly think that is "quite smart" not "quiet smart" unless you want to say that his intelligence is "quiet", wich is an actual insult (like if the other way wasn't an actual sarcasm anyways).

Like i said in the Spanish version of this thread: even those who doesn't know what RE is (women doesn't have to), the design is appealing (double helix resembles to DNA, and DNA references always sounds kinda futuristic).

Lenochka
31-08-09, 22:51
I remember seeing this on tv and instantly thinking " Is this a Resident Evil Afterlife teaser trailer!? " xD

IceColdLaraCroft
31-08-09, 23:11
just dont break the bottle

Tony9595
31-08-09, 23:18
As everything... it has it's consequences :pi:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/Amelia.jpg

amore-guy
31-08-09, 23:43
Amazing :D

Dennis's Mom
31-08-09, 23:48
As everything... it has it's consequences :pi:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/Amelia.jpg

It's rare to see so strong a change with an over the counter beauty product. This stuff really works! :D

Shark_Blade
01-09-09, 01:37
So that's what happens to Amelia in Helheim. :pi: She used Avon serum and evolved into an undead creature!

maniakatosheto
01-09-09, 01:49
So that's what happens to Amelia in Helheim. :pi: She used Avon serum and evolved into an undead creature!

*cough* Umbrella Inc. Making the future brighter

larafan25
01-09-09, 01:51
oooo the similarities are striking:)

an outbreak is coming!!!! D:

Hairhelmet12
01-09-09, 01:56
One Word. Advertising.

Guess who wins now ? ;)

Dosent mean im going to go and buy it, no?

maniakatosheto
01-09-09, 01:59
Looks like it Hairhelmet12 oh and make sure they make a discount on infinite bullets and Hand gun or a magnum revolver or a Freaking Lazer! :D

Hairhelmet12
01-09-09, 02:04
^ lmao yeah im going to go and head out and it cause its similar to the T-Virus....no.

Aphrodite22
01-09-09, 02:15
pretty cool! :D

VictorXD
01-09-09, 02:21
Yay!!!:yah: I wanna kill Nemesis:)

EmeraldFields
01-09-09, 02:30
Oh noes the T-Virus is here!:eek:

:p

NemesisX13X
01-09-09, 02:34
ZvWoL9-SQi0

I am afraid that one day this could happen,but not that soon!

That. Is. WICKED.! :cln:

Jo269976
01-09-09, 07:46
Awesome.

*grabs broom*

ShadyCroft
01-09-09, 09:22
Dosent mean im going to go and buy it, no?

You're right :), but then again how many of the gazillion products you see on tv you actually buy ?
Its not so that you would definitely buy it. I'll quote my post.

but when I asked who would win, I meant the company who made the product. The more you make your product more eye catching, the more it'll get publicized, the more it'll go around, be seen more by people.

And the more people who sees your product, the higher the probability of buyers.

more appealing look and more advertising ----> more viewers ----> higher probability of higher sales.
True, not ever single person who sees the commercial is gonna buy it, but from the thousands of countries who see the product and commercial, a few are bound to be interested, no ? :)

Drone
01-09-09, 09:27
and who's the developer? Dumbrella?

ShadyCroft
01-09-09, 09:35

:vlol:

NemesisX13X
01-09-09, 10:38
Yay!!!:yah: I wanna kill Nemesis:)

Lets kill him together! :D

:vlol::vlol::vlol:

LightningRider
01-09-09, 11:14

*Grabs Broom* We Are Left 4 Dead. :pi:

NemesisX13X
01-09-09, 11:19

*Grabs Broom* We Are Left 4 Dead. :pi:

Lmao :vlol:

igonge
01-09-09, 11:28
That is hilarious. Let's prepare ourselves for the outbreak :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 11:30
wow thats awesome :ton::cln:

Minty Mouth
01-09-09, 11:36
Well, at least Avon have Nice product design.

TRLegendLuver
01-09-09, 11:40
That's kind of creepy! :pi:

VictorXD
01-09-09, 12:56
That is hilarious. Let's prepare ourselves for the outbreak :vlol:

Yay! I want to be Kevin! LOLexxxx

M.A.
01-09-09, 13:10
YES! At last! The age of zombie outbreak is upon us! Have you prepared (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide) yourself?!!! :D

young Lara Croft
01-09-09, 13:49
Avon = Thriller !

btw cool find! :tmb:

NemesisX13X
01-09-09, 14:00
YES! At last! The age of zombie outbreak is upon us! Have you prepared (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide) yourself?!!! :D

I found that book the other day, I really wanna buy it! :jmp:

Night Crawler
01-09-09, 14:29
Say hello tomorrow.

IvanaKC
01-09-09, 14:38
I think that somebody there is Resident Evil fan :vlol:

LightningRider
01-09-09, 14:41
Say hello tomorrow.

:vlol: Don't you mean "Say Goodbye Tomorrow?" :mis:

aileenwuornos
02-09-09, 10:13
Let's prepare ourselves for the outbreak.

I'm always prepared.

AVON Supported by the Umbrella Company

Oh dude, that is some freaky **** :|

I'm always prepared:

1. Organise before they rise
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades don't need reloading
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike (I'm screwed, because I can neither drive nor ride a bike.)
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat will live on.

I've got my plans for all four classes of outbreak and how I'll go for one from the other.

Warning: Author may or may not be excited at prospect of zombpocalypse.

Freaky co-inky-dink!

tomblover
02-09-09, 10:17
Gimme an axe and a shotgun, maybe a nice handgun too for precise aiming and I'll survive. :cool: :vlol:

All of TRF could band together. :vlol:

dream raider
02-09-09, 10:26
The commercials aren't the same... I don't see a similarity. :p

I like Avon. They don't test on animals. Don't know about the other one though, and to be honest the ad seems creepy. When that woman's eyes turn blue and her skin cracks, lol! :p And dead skin cells shouldn't be brought to life, they should be exfoliated to allow new ones to form! XD

*laralover*
02-09-09, 11:22
They do look similar :vlol:

WCookie
02-09-09, 11:36
http://i31.************/noyfj5.png

aileenwuornos
02-09-09, 12:09
Gimme an axe and a shotgun, maybe a nice handgun too for precise aiming and I'll survive. :cool: :vlol:

Oh man, that would be too big a group to manage imho. Unless we divided up into teams of between 10-20 each, then it would be fairly formidable.

The commercials aren't the same... I don't see a similarity. :p

I like Avon. They don't test on animals. Don't know about the other one though, and to be honest the ad seems creepy. When that woman's eyes turn blue and her skin cracks, lol! :p And dead skin cells shouldn't be brought to life, they should be exfoliated to allow new ones to form! XD

I like how Avon doesn't animal test either. Unlike the Umbrella Corporation.

LOL

VictorXD
02-09-09, 12:28

OMG, are they sisters???:)

NemesisX13X
02-09-09, 13:24

Genocide! :vlol:

Lee croft
02-09-09, 13:42
If they was to make somthing like the t-virus or "rengerate" dont you think you'd have to be alive for it to be able to repair dead cells and the whole thing to travel around inside your body?

If your dead then liquids stop flowing around in your body dont they?

or is that only after a certain amount of time after your dead?

Plus i dont think if you break the bottle it could actually be air born but hey its not real so nothing to worry about.

aileenwuornos
02-09-09, 13:59
If they was to make somthing like the t-virus or "rengerate" dont you think you'd have to be alive for it to be able to repair dead cells and the whole thing to travel around inside your body?

If your dead then liquids stop flowing around in your body dont they?

or is that only after a certain amount of time after your dead?

Plus i dont think if you break the bottle it could actually be air born but hey its not real so nothing to worry about.

Go read The Zombie Survival Guide. I imagine the T-Virus would be similar to the Solanum virus after it mutated (but it depends if you're going for the movie or game angle on this) in that it can take up to 23 hours for an infection to reanimate a corpse.

"Solanum works by traveling through the bloodstream, from the initial point of entry to the brain... the virus uses the cells of the frontal lobe for replication... during this period, all bodily functions cease... infected subject is rendered "dead". The brain ... remains alive but dormant, while the virus mutates the cells into a completely new organ... most critical trait of this new organ is its independence from oxygen ... Some bodily functions remain constant (such as the need to feed {sic}), others operate at a modified capacity, and the remainder shut down completely."

- The Zombie Survival Guide, Solanum: The Virus, page 2

Unless someone wants to wiki that **** and correct me on the properties of the T-Virus I'm just gonna assume it's the same as Solanum.

Plus viruses generally change and adapt to suit their environments. Or like Solanum and the T-Virus, they change the environment to suit the virus itself.

I have thought about this kind of thing way too much, if you hadn't already noticed :P

M.A.
02-09-09, 14:14

An army of men and women dressed in tank tops and shorts carrying dual pistols, lead by a very cute Linux penguin....

That is really a sight to behold.....

Marianna12
02-09-09, 14:15
An army of men and women dressed in tank tops and shorts carrying dual pistols, lead by a very cute Linux penguin....

OMG!!!:vlol:!

NemesisX13X
02-09-09, 14:39

I wouldnt miss it for the world! :vlol:

tomblover
02-09-09, 14:56
Oh man, that would be too big a group to manage imho. Unless we divided up into teams of between 10-20 each, then it would be fairly formidable.
I didn't literally mean ALL of TRF... :whi: Besides, I'd die of getting knocked down on my ass because of the shotgun recoil. :vlol:

Genocide! :vlol:

Sexy stuff. :cln:

WCookie
03-09-09, 11:19
OMG, are they sisters???:)
Maybe...
I like Paris Hilton but it was the only person who was a look like to the monster ._.

LightningRider
03-09-09, 11:32

OMFG! :vlol:

We'd be the most popular site in the world by then...

If there was still a world. XD

VictorXD
03-09-09, 12:15
An army of men, women and a punch of teenagers:p dressed in tank tops and shorts carrying dual pistols, lead by a very cute Linux penguin....

Lovely:)

---------------

Let me correct it.