PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson 'This Is It' hit theaters Oct 28!

Shark_Blade
02-09-09, 05:47
Source ("http://www.michaeljackson.com/my/news/michael-jackson-it-be-presented-exclusively-two-week-limited-engagement-around-world)

TICKETS TO GO ON SALE SEPTEMBER 27. INTIMATE PORTRAIT OF MICHAEL JACKSON AS YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE TO HIT THEATERS WORLDWIDE OCTOBER 28

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/997/this.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/i/this.jpg/)

CULVER CITY, Ca., August 20, 2009 - Sony Pictures Entertainment and Sony Music Entertainment announced today that Michael Jackson THIS IS IT will be released exclusively for a special, limited, two-week engagement worldwide, with the studio pushing up the debut of the film by two days, to Wednesday, October 28th. Due to the anticipated demand for this film, tickets for the two-week presentation will go on sale in most cities beginning on Sunday, September 27th.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome, I'll be getting the tickets first thing by the end of this month. :D

Jo269976
14-09-09, 15:11
0fbkrQVon24&feature=channel_page

laracroftswest
14-09-09, 15:53
I was never a fan of him... but that trailer makes me want to become one.

fishlikelong
14-09-09, 19:39
I've not seen this full trailer before!
It makes me really sad to see it. I really hope I can get tickets, even if I have to skive uni to go and see it

Love2Raid
14-09-09, 20:00
Looking forward to it! :tmb:

It feels strange, to be excited for something but sad at the same time.

AmericanAssassin
14-09-09, 20:01
Cool! :tmb: I can't wait to see it. :D

stranger1992
17-09-09, 16:35
wow!

_h1GndCV5C0

Wow!

tombraiderluka
17-09-09, 17:10
Can't wait to see it. It looks so sad :(

scion05
17-09-09, 17:30
So it's not actually a concert then ?

RockSteady101
17-09-09, 18:14
wow!

_h1GndCV5C0

God...If only I'd gotten to experience the show I had tickets for in Feb 2010 I just know as soon as I'd heard the opening notes of 'Human Nature' I would be squeeling with excitement. :(

rowanlim
17-09-09, 18:50
Awesome, I'll be getting the tickets first thing by the end of this month. :D

At GSC Midvalley, right? Good thing I'm holiday...

I want tickets too :whi: :D

Rai
17-09-09, 20:27
Awww silly copyrights mean I can't see those videos :(. I'd love to see that.

Larapink
17-09-09, 20:30
I can't wait for this film, it will be a heartwarming experience for me. I know I will cry, but I know that TII was going to be the greatest tour and show ever! I am thinking to wear my Beat It Jacket and one of my Michael Jackson T-shirts to this! :D

I watched the trailer being unveiled LIVE on the VMA's and I was just amazed and I did cry and I sang along with Michael on the songs he sang on the trailer. I was thrilled! :D

I have bought my Michael Jackson Opus book as well I can't wait to get that! :jmp:

pneboy
17-09-09, 20:42
lol, i had temporary dyslexia i read it as "this is ****"

Titanium
23-10-09, 16:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUwHHpqYH4

Not too long before it's released. And I'm amazed Michael was going to be singing quite a few of his songs live. Considering in his later tours he sung live less and less.

scion05
23-10-09, 16:59
Hey may have just rehearsed lines live, whether he'd actually be singing live in person is a different matter :)

remote91
23-10-09, 17:02
I was never a fan of him... but that trailer makes me want to become one.
Same, however the Jackson bug never really hit me.

xx_Hunt_xx
23-10-09, 18:26
Anyone heard of the "This is not it" campaign thats going around?

Jo269976
23-10-09, 18:42
w-DcNPFWhbk

Nerd For Life
23-10-09, 18:42
^Perfect reply :vlol:

touchthesky
23-10-09, 21:06
Got me and a friends tickets booked for the 30th...cant wait. :)

Jo269976
24-10-09, 14:24
ISSNpkW2du8

30seconds2sasa
24-10-09, 17:18
i am not a fan of him but i like him and his songs...he was the king of pop

EternoD
24-10-09, 18:28
lol, i had temporary dyslexia i read it as "this is ****"

lol forever

BlackRainbow
24-10-09, 18:36
I'm so gonna see it. :D

Rai
24-10-09, 19:27
I'm going on the 30th. Looking forward to it. :D

Did the single actually get released as I don't remember hearing it after the once. :confused:

Shark_Blade
28-10-09, 01:32
I haven't gotten the tickets yet lol but it's opening tomorrow. Gonna try and get my tickets today.

Anyone has seen it yet? :D I watched the trailer on mtv and completely gobsmack, especially the scene where he's wearing the white tuxedo for Smooth Criminal and jumping down a stairs.

Jo269976
28-10-09, 01:37
Nah, I'm catching the 20:00 showing with Siberian Tiger (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=35254) and Rocksteady101. (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=24345) I literally can't wait :D

Sad thing is, I've heard that there's no moonwalk in the tapes :(

Rai
28-10-09, 01:44
Doidn't MJ change his signature move for the show? I wonder what it was.

Jo269976
28-10-09, 01:46
Doidn't MJ change his signature move for the show? I wonder what it was.

Rumor was that he indeed had created a new dance move that was speculated to be better than the moonwalk.

Shark_Blade
28-10-09, 01:46
I read that he comes up with a new move to dazzle us all, that can possibly top the moonwalk. Let's just see whether it's true or not.

edit: lol Jo, we wrote the same thing at exactly the same time. Funny that.:p

touchthesky
28-10-09, 12:16
Going on Friday..dressing up! Looking for a glove and a hat today lol..:D

Shark_Blade
29-10-09, 02:26
I went to the cinema yesterday night just for the heck of it. I was surprised there was a special premiere for Michael Jackson's This Is It considering that the nationwide release here is supposed to be today(but we had to pay a bit more for the charity women aid thingy, which is no problem for me).:D

People are packed, lining up to get their special ticket, and there's a free goodie bag that comes with it - a free t-shirt, book, leaflets about the organization, coupons and the lot in it. People are excited, more people are queing and some even commented that people are so many, we might be sitting on the floor for the screening. At that point someone joked, "If I have to sit on the floor, then This Is It, I'm leaving through the door!" which we all laughed out loud.

When we were allowed into the movie halls, we scrambled for our seats since this is a free seating session. People are very calm and well mannered to my surprise, because the usual movie goers audience in my experience are usually rude and obnoxious.

I guess because the tickets are RM51(usual price RM11), the demographic of people are much more well educated and civilized. That's nice.

About the movie, well it was great! And considering this was a rehearsal for an upcoming concert it's pretty well done. It captured Michael's glorious moments, his charming and down to earth personality, some funny moments, great dance movements with his team, some excellent graphic shows and fireworks - all the greatness in the making.

After the show ended, the audience clapped their hands. I was too sad because.. well I can't actually watch Michael anymore but I joined the crowd and clapped a bit, albeit a bit weak.

As the crowd move towards the exit, I saw a lady with a long straight hair and she's wearing a glittery black jacket similar to Michael's 'Billy Jean' outfit, to which I smiled. Some commented that it was a great show, they feel like they wanted to dance after this. The others just love the songs and music, saying it was excellent and top notched.

One of my most memorable moment was with the dance instructor which is so funny. I think they were rehearsing Smooth Criminal choreography, with the crotch groping with the boys, and how the old lady instructor sarcasticly mimicking them boys for their poor performance. Priceless, I laughed so hard. Go check it out to see what I mean. :D

Overall, I had a great time.

Dream_Raider
29-10-09, 07:39
One of my most memorable moment was with the dance instructor which is so funny. I think they were rehearsing Smooth Criminal choreography, with the crotch groping with the boys, and how the old lady instructor sarcasticly mimicking them boys for their poor performance. Priceless, I laughed so hard. Go check it out to see what I mean. :D

Overall, I had a great time.

^ lol yah I loved that part!!!!

touchthesky
29-10-09, 10:50
Tell me do they play WIll you be there?

<3

Seb_01225
29-10-09, 11:25
saw and thought it was boring..

Orionvalentine
29-10-09, 12:14
I went to watch this last night, it was the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time. It was so nice to see that Michael was looking well and still had it. I absolutely loved the new Thriller movie and the extended new material. I'm definitely buying the DVD when it comes out.

SLAYER
29-10-09, 19:43
I just got back from the movie theatre and man that was one good movie. considering these were just rehersals , Im sure the concerts would've been great.

and when Michael started joking about the guy on the keyboard while the two were preparing for The Way You Make Me Feel. that was funny

there was a lot of sad moments there too , especialy the end with Man in the mirror :(

I really liked when he started talking about the climate changes. it showed that he do care about the planet

all in all, great movie. this is a must see

touchthesky
29-10-09, 20:37
Can someone post what songs were played? I wanna know if my favourites in it :jmp:

Going tomorrow at 5!

Rai
30-10-09, 16:54
I've just come back from seeing it. I loved it and couldn't help but imagine how amazing the show would've looked live. My son wasn't so impressed.

On a side note, maybe because it's the 3rd day but the cinema was practically empty!

Marianna12
30-10-09, 16:56
Going on tuesday!:D It looks good!!!

Super Badnik
30-10-09, 17:33
Just saw this yesterday. :D

touchthesky
30-10-09, 20:22
Just saw it..it was so good :) my favourite moments were definately Earth Song and Thriller.

Billy959
30-10-09, 20:25
I wanna watch:(:(:(

remyma
30-10-09, 20:28
Haven't watched it yet. I actually had pretty good tickets, and should have seen him in january next year. I would be living in London at the time anyway. Can't wait to see what I missed out on. MJ was so darling... Forever in my heart!