PDA

View Full Version : Two young brothers plead Guilty to grievous bodily harm!

Super Badnik
03-09-09, 16:05
Two young brothers have pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to a shocking attack on a nine-year-old and his 11-year-old uncle.

The brothers, who were aged 10 and 11 at the time, admitted the charge at Sheffield Crown Court.

They denied a charge of attempted murder in connection with the attack in Edlington, near Doncaster, South Yorkshire, in April.

But they also pleaded guilty to robbing one of the boys of a mobile phone and the other of cash, as well as two counts of intentionally causing a child to engage in sexual activity.

The brothers were arrested on April 4 after the nine-year-old boy was found wandering in the former pit village covered in blood and his 11-year-old uncle was discovered unconscious in a nearby wooded ravine.

Both the injured boys have since been released from hospital.

Due to the young age of the boys, special measures were taken in court to make sure they did not feel intimidated.

The brothers did not sit in the dock and the judge and barristers did not wear gowns or wigs, he said.

A spokesman for the Crown Prosecution Service said that, following consultation with the victims' families, it had been decided to accept the guilty pleas.Source (http://www.fivetvonline.tv/news.php?news=1913)
Shocking and disgusting. The attack was so bad the victims begged the brothers to "just let them die" as they were beaten!

Nannonxyay
03-09-09, 16:08
Holy crap. :yik:

They're so young. Where the hell did they get the idea to do something like this?

Super Badnik
03-09-09, 16:09

They're so young. Where the hell did they get the idea to do something like this?I heard on the news they had a history of violence.

Chocola teapot
03-09-09, 16:12
Oh my gosh! :O

Croft, Lara
03-09-09, 16:52
I'm from near there!!!! I'm just outside Doncaster (which it mentions)! heard about this ages ago! It's awful.

ShadyCroft
03-09-09, 17:02
That's awful ! :eek:

Legend of Lara
03-09-09, 17:21
Of course, due to juvenile laws, they'll get a slap on the wrist at best. :mad:
Doesn't matter if they're 8 or 18, a criminal is a criminal.

Kelly Craftman
03-09-09, 17:34
I saw this on the news, and its sick! :(

Mokono
03-09-09, 17:44
Sad, but in case of imprisonment and eventual release years afterwards, the result would be not 2 criminal kids, but 2 criminal adults.

Minty Mouth
03-09-09, 17:47

They're so young. Where the hell did they get the idea to do something like this?

It was That Grand Theft Auto game, I tell you!

But seriously, this is shocking.

Love2Raid
03-09-09, 17:54
O_o

That's sad, for all kids involved.

TRfan23
03-09-09, 17:55
Sad, but in case of imprisonment and eventual release years afterwards, the result would be not 2 criminal kids, but 2 criminal adults.

Yeh prison doesn't act as a deterrent as people expect. It just makes them worse when they get out, as they end up socializing with other criminals giving them ideas... :(

Dennis's Mom
03-09-09, 18:21
Certainly saddening. It's hard to contemplate such cruelty. Hopefully therapy will be a part of any incarceration.

Mad Tony
03-09-09, 18:50
Measures were made so that the boys did not feel intimidated in court? Why!? That's disgusting.

Very sad story. It's just good that the poor boys that were attacked and abused are still alive. They'll probably be scarred for life though. :(

interstellardave
03-09-09, 18:59
Measures were made so that the boys did not feel intimidated in court? Why!? That's disgusting.

Very sad story. It's just good that the poor boys that were attacked and abused are still alive. They'll probably be scarred for life though. :(

I agree... they SHOULD feel intimidated. That's what court is all about; a symbol that society has the duty--and power--to put punks like them in their place.

Everything possible should be done from the start to show them that their anti-social actions are not tolerated in polite society. If they ever do turn over a new leaf it would be because of that realization... not by being coddled by the system!

Mad Tony
03-09-09, 19:02
I agree... they SHOULD feel intimidated. That's what court is all about; a symbol that society has the duty--and power--to put punks like them in their place.

Everything possible should be done from the start to show them that their anti-social actions are not tolerated in polite society. If they ever do turn over a new leaf it would be because of that realization... not by being coddled by the system!I completely agree. I don't know what it's like in the states, but over here the injustice system treats the criminals pretty well.

Super Badnik
03-09-09, 20:02
Of course, due to juvenile laws, they'll get a slap on the wrist at best. :mad:
Doesn't matter if they're 8 or 18, a criminal is a criminal.I heard that the brothers are looking to spend their teen years in prison.

Very sad story. It's just good that the poor boys that were attacked and abused are still alive. They'll probably be scarred for life though. :(I thought that it was the victims who were made to feel unintimidated in court.

Mad Tony
03-09-09, 20:06
I thought that it was the victims who were made to feel unintimidated in court.I dunno, I thought the article was talking about the criminals. :confused: Well, if it was for the victims then that's completely understandable.

jackles
03-09-09, 20:09
Read the article again MT. It looks like it was for the victims sake...not the attackers.

Mad Tony
03-09-09, 20:10
Read the article again MT. It looks like it was for the victims sake...not the attackers.I did, in fact I read it several times but it said "The brothers...". Weren't the brothers the ones who carried out the attack?

jackles
03-09-09, 20:12
it says the brothers weren't sat in the dock..presumably so the kids didn't have to give evidence in front of them.

Sir Croft
03-09-09, 20:28
I'm probably going to be hated for this, and I'll probably sound inhumane, but the brothers are old enough to understand what they were doing, and, due to that, they should be treated the same way as an adult and judged like an adult. Those will learn how to take responsibility for their acts the hard way. I just hope the other two are fine.

Mad Tony
03-09-09, 20:32
I'm probably going to be hated for this, and I'll probably sound inhumane, but the brothers are old enough to understand what they were doing, and, due to that, they should be treated the same way as an adult and judged like an adult. Those will learn how to take responsibility for their acts the hard way. I just hope the other two are fine.I don't think what you said was inhumane at all. I agree with you.

TombRaiderLover
03-09-09, 20:35
I'm probably going to be hated for this, and I'll probably sound inhumane, but the brothers are old enough to understand what they were doing, and, due to that, they should be treated the same way as an adult and judged like an adult. Those will learn how to take responsibility for their acts the hard way. I just hope the other two are fine.

There's nothing at all inhumane about what you said. This same opinion has been echoed earlier in the thread, and I agree.

EDIT: Damn you, Ben.

Super Badnik
03-09-09, 21:01
I'm probably going to be hated for this, and I'll probably sound inhumane, but the brothers are old enough to understand what they were doing, and, due to that, they should be treated the same way as an adult and judged like an adult. Those will learn how to take responsibility for their acts the hard way. I just hope the other two are fine.That isn't inhumane at all and i agree. They were already known to police as being violent and apparentley they've attacked some elderley people before. They should be taught the consequences of their actions before they go a step further next time.

Goose
04-09-09, 20:25
If they go to prison they would probably end up in the greatest prison cell in the world, games consoles, sky tv and all over BS this government already gives to undeserving adult con's.

Makes me wish the prison service was more like it was shown in the movie SCUM for young offenders, as opposed to Butlins.

Uzi master
04-09-09, 20:45
Suddenly I wan't to go to prison...:p jk but bringing up prison I remember my mother wishes we still had the death penalty, not like people are going to change and whats the point of paying to feed them for 50 or so years? off topic anyway I don't see how they could do something this horrible.

Mad Tony
04-09-09, 20:50
If they go to prison they would probably end up in the greatest prison cell in the world, games consoles, sky tv and all over BS this government already gives to undeserving adult con's.

Makes me wish the prison service was more like it was shown in the movie SCUM for young offenders, as opposed to Butlins.Shame isn't it?

But why though? Why would the government want to fork out all this money for criminals? It defies logic.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/02/article-0-0042E07400000258-337_468x306.jpg

If I didn't have an article telling me otherwise I would've just assumed that was somebody's bedroom. You know what, I don't care what people say about the state of prisons a couple of centuries ago - I'd rater have criminals living in those than in these holiday camps.

Lara's Nemesis
04-09-09, 21:00
That is really shocking, you have to wonder what kind of upbringing these 2 kids have had tho. I'm not making escuses for them but I expect that their parents may be partly to blame for this.

I am really worried at the lack of respect and general decency that I see these days. It seems to be spiralling out of control in the UK at the moment.:(

Goose
04-09-09, 21:08
I am really worried at the lack of respect and general decency that I see these days. It seems to be spiralling out of control in the UK at the moment.:(

Well we're not taught pride in our country as children, well i certainly wasn't. Without that, we dont want to help make our country better, or repay it for being democratic and free.

TombRaiderLover
04-09-09, 21:49
Makes me wish the prison service was more like it was shown in the movie SCUM for young offenders, as opposed to Butlins.

I don't think I'd go quite that far. Homosexual rape and suicide? Very unpleasant. :p

Goose
04-09-09, 21:52
I don't think I'd go quite that far. Homosexual rape and suicide? Very unpleasant. :p

Not for kids like that it isnt really, might show them how there victims feel, they'll think twice before doing something that would send them back there wouldnt they.

Rai
04-09-09, 22:36
It always shocks when I learn of children this age being so violent.

I hope their victims are going to be okay,I mean not mentally scarred as well as physically.

Shame isn't it?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/02/article-0-0042E07400000258-337_468x306.jpg

But that picture also shocks me but for different reasons. That really does look like a bedroom. I thought the idea of prison was to take away privileges and to punish crime? What are the inmates learning here? That prison isn't so harsh, why change their ways?

Lara's Nemesis
04-09-09, 22:42
^

That is shocking, looks like a Playstation 1 to me. That must be the punishment, no next-gen games if you break the law.

That'll teach 'em.

Super Badnik
04-09-09, 22:44
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/02/article-0-0042E07400000258-337_468x306.jpg:eek:
Theres gotta be some mistake. How the hell is that prison?

Mad Tony
04-09-09, 22:48
That is really shocking, you have to wonder what kind of upbringing these 2 kids have had tho. I'm not making escuses for them but I expect that their parents may be partly to blame for this.I think the parents are to blame for the upbringing, but people do have a choice over their actions.

:eek:
Theres gotta be some mistake. How the hell is that prison?http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1040932/Pampered-prisoners-supplied-221-726-PlayStations.html

TRfan23
04-09-09, 22:58
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1040932/Pampered-prisoners-supplied-221-726-PlayStations.html

I must be hallucinating :eek:

However, from October, 18-rated titles will be banned in prisons altogether and the use of consoles will be restricted to only the best behaved prisoners or those on suicide watch.

Erm not that it matters to us, but there's cables there and the suiciders would use them to strangle themselves and they're dead.

Super Badnik
04-09-09, 23:03
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1040932/Pampered-prisoners-supplied-221-726-PlayStations.htmlNow that is criminal! The taxpayer is paying thousands for PlayStations for people who should be being punished?!

Lara's Nemesis
04-09-09, 23:13
Unfortunatley I don't think a lot of people are rehabilitated in prison these days. If anything they probably come out worse.

Providing them with consoles makes life easier for the prison service.:(

Mad Tony
04-09-09, 23:13
Apparently not anymore, but it's still shocking. Criminals shouldn't even allowed to have Playstations or TVs in their cells - it doesn't matter whether they pay for it themselves or not.

Encore
04-09-09, 23:25
Not for kids like that it isnt really, might show them how there victims feel, they'll think twice before doing something that would send them back there wouldnt they.

... Or it will make them even more cruel. Ever wondered why most psychopaths were abused themselves?

Mad Tony
04-09-09, 23:43
... Or it will make them even more cruel. Ever wondered why most psychopaths were abused themselves?But people have a choice. I know a woman who was horrifically abused by her father when she was a child and yet she made so much of her life. She's a nice person, she's raised her children (who are no adults) well and she's got herself a pretty good job in the city. Just goes to show really that we all have choices.

I think prisons need to be tough. Perhaps then criminals will learn what they'll have to face if they step out of line again.

Goose
05-09-09, 06:52
... Or it will make them even more cruel. Ever wondered why most psychopaths were abused themselves?

Depends, most psychopaths weren't abusers to begin with, and weren't punished, and its safe to say imagining there own abuse makes them scared, so they wouldn't put themselves in a position to suffer it for decades more.

Drone
05-09-09, 07:09
I remember very similar to this thing happened in South Yorkshire before. A coincidence?

xXhayleyroxXx
05-09-09, 10:03
omg! how disgusting!

Survival
05-09-09, 10:46
Honestly Im not shocked or suprised... things like these happen like every month/week. Its more sad then anything.