PDA

View Full Version : The things Lara's done for me

jfjeep26
04-09-09, 21:42
Lara started out as just another video game character but when I started playing more and more Tomb Raider I wanted to learn about Lara Croft and what she did in her spare time. Of course I had friends but most of my friends dumped me for other friends I've always been fond of loneliness and I don't mean to complain but Lara Croft grew on to me.I just never seemed to fit wherever I went. I began digging deeper and deeper into the subject of Tomb Raider eventually I had scared everyone away. I then realized that I really liked this game and that it made me feel as if I were on top of the world even though I sucked at it ans still do, Lara became extremely real to me. Sometimes even being in the school theater I was alone I hid a dislike and jealousy for many of the people and the only people that seemed to want to be my friend were only there for a moment and disappeared to another person the next. Lara was the only one who stuck by my side other than my parents and one other Tasia who I convinced to play Legend on the DS friend. But whenever it seems like no is there Lara is there waiting to go on another adventure I never got bored and even if she's hurt she's still there on my monitor.She was never the cause of any of my friends leaving me but instead made up for them and never fails to amaze me she tackles environments that I would love to see in real life people just didn't like me for who I was except a couple of which who I mentioned above.Although I do agree the series has been slumping but she never left me after I met her Thank you Eidos for my best friend

Tell me what you think am I overdoing it or what please give any comments good or bad tell me please:D

January_Snow*
04-09-09, 22:18
Soooo your best friend is a game character O_o how did that happen???

Punaxe
04-09-09, 22:23
Soooo your best friend is a game character O_o how did that happen???

He explained that in the post.

jfjeep26 being a loner is fine and it's nice that you found such comfort or perhaps inspiration in Lara, just make sure you don't isolate yourself too much and forget all interpersonal skills. :)

Cristina
04-09-09, 22:23
But Lara´s not real :/

jfjeep26
04-09-09, 22:24
The point is that I fit no where as it's if the only place I fit is on a computer game:( My friends are only there when they want me Lara's there when I want her and my friends they come and go as they please and it usually leaves me hanging with no one except a Tomb Raider Game starring Lara Croft. Not that that's a bad thing.Just that I barely have any human friends.Only one:(

jfjeep26 being a loner is fine and it's nice that you found such comfort or perhaps inspiration in Lara, just make sure you don't isolate yourself too much and forget all interpersonal skills. :)
I'll keep that in Mind, and I appreciate the reply's

January_Snow*
04-09-09, 22:35

And you think thats normal?
I understood that he likes Lara, but Lara is not real...

Look jfjeep26 you strike me as a good person, but not very well accepted, but you really should try to be more sociable, cause Lara cant go clubing, shoping with you, she cant hang out, she cant help with problems, she wont be there when its hard, a game character isnt a proper friend...

I dont know...this just seems very wrong to me :/

Marianna12
04-09-09, 22:40
I understand that you like Lara, but you need to focus on real life! Get out more, try and make some friends!
Lara won't help you when you need some support, real life friends will! Good luck!:)

NemesisX13X
04-09-09, 22:45
I prefer imaginary/fictional friends over real ones, atleast they dont betray you. :)

Rai
04-09-09, 22:48
I realise that it may feel like you're all alone right now with only computer games for company and in a way it is nice that you feel like you have that and Lara to keep you company. Loneliness is a hard thing sometimes to cope with and we turn to things that give us comfort.

Just remember that you do have your parents and your one other friend as well. They are the reel ones, the ones you shouldn't be afraid to go to if you feel down and need to talk. I'm sure that they, your parents especially are there for you. Maybe you should pluck up the courage and tell them how sad you are when others ignore you or whatever. Tell them how you are feeling. Maybe they can help you. You can find other ways to come out of your shell a bit.

There is nothing wrong with turning to games occasionally, but you also need other company. You have a lot to be thankful for, maybe more than you realise. And remember as you get older things like this will get easier as you grow in confidence too. :)

maniakatosheto
04-09-09, 23:02
Listen here buddy. Lara Croft is a humongous inspiration to me as well :) . My dream is to become both intelectually and be able to do everything she does.It's not gonna be an easy journey but i go for it :) but spend time more with your buds as well. cause as much as i hate to say it lara will not always be there for you , while friends will.

scremanie
04-09-09, 23:12
Lara once gave me a lapdance.. :mis:

maniakatosheto
05-09-09, 00:30
Lara once gave me a lapdance.. :mis:

that's what she said.

larafan25
05-09-09, 01:02
^actually there are times when that joke DOESN'T work:)

Lara Croft improved my grammar and taught me how to write essays and all in all made me a whole lot smarter:)

not lying:)

Rai
05-09-09, 02:01
^ How did she do that? Or do you mean by being a forum member you're writing skills have improved? Do explain. ;)

KyleCroft
05-09-09, 02:08
^ How did she do that? Or do you mean by being a forum member you're writing skills have improved? Do explain. ;)

I think he was joking.... He had a lot of errors in that sentence... Well, at least I hope he was joking, haha

larafan25
05-09-09, 03:41
I was serious:)

I don't see any mistakes:D

it really has, by posting so much on the forum. I actually went back to an old forum that isn't as bussy as this one and their grammer and spelling is so bad that I can barely stand to sit their and read their posts:p

I think writing all those essay style posts aids in my improvement and the fact that when given something I am passionate about I can really get down to the point and state the facts or my opinion:)

TRhalloween
05-09-09, 03:44
You corrected them! :D

the ancient
05-09-09, 07:09
Well you need to understand it is just a game there are more important things in your life than gaming I realy hope you find some good friends Lara isnt real(accept Allison Carrol and Angelina Jole)understand that and I know it is not easy tho find new friends but please try to find some you cant be with lara your whole life :)

ChingKong
05-09-09, 07:41
having imaginary friends is fun :)... its nice that you found so much comfort in Lara Croft. She even helped me overcome my fear of the dark when i was younger (lol) but i really think you should just jump in and socialize....dont be afraid..when you find a true friend you'll know :)...trust me...im such an outcast I dont fit in anywhere but i have alot of friends..

Explorer
05-09-09, 08:49
jfjeep26 - Well it sounds like you've gone through a difficult time. I sort of understand where your coming from, and it is great that Lara has given you some comfort As you say friends sometimes seem to abandon you or even like you for non genuine reasons.

However elevating Lara to the level of a friend in that way, IMO doesn't seem like a good thing. There are some good people out there (who will like you for who you are), they aren't perfect, they will let you down sometimes. So don't look for perfection, you will end up disappointed otherwise. Also being without others is not healthy either, so although I know its difficult try not to isolate yourself :)

when you find a true friend you'll know :)...trust me...im such an outcast I dont fit in anywhere but i have alot of friends..

How can you feel like an outcast if you have a lot of friends? :p

Nannonxyay
05-09-09, 09:08
It's a bit odd if you ask me. There's nothing wrong with being a loner, but finding a friend in a fictional character is odd. Sure, there are many fictional characters who I admire but I wouldn't call them a friend of mine.

xXhayleyroxXx
05-09-09, 09:20
dont worry :) although she's not real she kinda feels like my sister or my alter-ego XD

i get called 'lara' or 'tomb raider' at school, and i look of people joke its me in-game lol :ton:

scoopy_loopy
05-09-09, 11:54
Lara made me gay :eek:

xXhayleyroxXx
05-09-09, 13:05

really? lmao:ton:

the ancient
05-09-09, 13:26

How did she do that ????:confused::confused::D

jfjeep26
21-02-10, 05:42
I really don't know much of anything anymore everything seems so far now friends in particular nothing to look up to except Lara and family:(

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-02-10, 05:54
Don't let people discourage you. :hug:

Not everyone is social butterflies, and it's nice to have things like video games to make us happy. Of course it would be nice if you cold make some real friends, but don't feel depressed because you haven't yet, and keep being happy with Tomb Raider. :hug:

It takes guts to open up and share things like this, and some people easily poke fun at that, but don't be bothered by it. I really admire that you were able to open up like that. :)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
21-02-10, 05:57
Well, she brought me here. That's a good thing :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-02-10, 06:08
dont worry :) although she's not real she kinda feels like my sister or my alter-ego XD

i get called 'lara' or 'tomb raider' at school, and i look of people joke its me in-game lol :ton:

Well I can imagine that, because you do look like Lara! Just prettier, more feminine, and not so harsh (like your lips are full, but not DOMINANT IN YOUR FACE).

It's funny because my little cousin (he was about four at the time) watched me play TRA when it came out, and the whole time he kept saying, "It's you, Melonie!" I laughed so hard. He asked if he could play a game with him in it and he was tired of the game with me in it. :p

But I don't really look all that much like Lara, just some similar coloring and body type (except for the huuuuge bustline, of course :vlol:)

jfjeep26
21-02-10, 06:24
It isn't like it was when I first posted the thread, when Lara was my absolute topper then I finally caught up to the present and started catching up and paying attention to Square Enix games, and my friends are basically a one way friends their way or highway. Or so it seems one of them only allows me to be friends if I go to church with her, (I'm not even the same religion moron) the other supposedly talks on the internet a lot and doesn't even talk she claims she's always pulled away from the computer or always ends up doing something else that leads her to post every hour or so. I don't really talk to Julia that much either. Even though I've moved onto other games as well I still shock my friends with my knowledge of TR. TR is still the first game I reach for then I go and study on other games I like since I have a stinking Wii and can't play them.Thus I fight for Tomb Raider on Wii. We'll see who my true friends are in a couple of days

P.S. Oh BTW I'm sorry if I bring you down with my soap opera life I just get a little down a lot and thank you for the support.

aurora89
21-02-10, 07:08
Lara has helped motivate me to exercise, something really hard and painful yet really helpful for my chronic illness/disability. :) She's also made me a lot braver and helped me meet some new friends. I like that neither she nor I is very well-liked or sociable!

Changeling
21-02-10, 10:28
Classing Lara as a friend... isn't very healthy if you ask me. Humans are naturally social creatures. Not everyone is a social li'l bunny, but it's not healthy to not be around no one. Lara isn't a real person. She's had a huge impact on culture, people and lots of other things around the world too, but at the end of the day she is just some pixels on a screen. You said that you have one friend... would you rather focus on keeping her as your friend or just a bunch of pixels as your friend? I can understand why Lara is so important to you, she's important to me too, but I can accept that she isn't real and focus on real life.

jfjeep26
21-02-10, 18:33
It isn't like it was when I first posted the thread, when Lara was my absolute topper then I finally caught up to the present and started catching up and paying attention to Square Enix games, and my friends are basically a one way friends their way or highway. Or so it seems one of them only allows me to be friends if I go to church with her, (I'm not even the same religion moron) the other supposedly talks on the internet a lot and doesn't even talk she claims she's always pulled away from the computer or always ends up doing something else that leads her to post every hour or so. I don't really talk to Julia that much either. Even though I've moved onto other games as well I still shock my friends with my knowledge of TR. TR is still the first game I reach for then I go and study on other games I like since I have a stinking Wii and can't play them.Thus I fight for Tomb Raider on Wii. We'll see who my true friends are in a couple of days

P.S. Oh BTW I'm sorry if I bring you down with my soap opera life I just get a little down a lot and thank you for the support.I wouldn't go to that extent of friend anymore, but she still makes me feel better about myself

jfjeep26
21-02-10, 22:04
What do you suggest I do about my so-called friends. Cause I Wanna throw a wet glove in their faces pfft

sikasika18
22-02-10, 09:37
What do you suggest I do about my so-called friends. Cause I Wanna throw a wet glove in their faces pfft

hey, you dont have to worry so much.
you will meet new people throughout your life, and some will stay and some will go.
keep playing your games and have fun and enjoy it as much as possible, cus sooner or later there will be very little time for such things.
right now I dont have a job and tbh not so many friends.
but once I get a new job Im sure I will meet new friends.
hold on to the few friends you have now and just enjoy and stop worrying so much.
dont listen to other people here. :hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
22-02-10, 21:28
i really look up to lara because she's so interesting and everything i aspire to be :o

she'd made me motivated for exercise and formed my passion for achaeology - and lara herself has made me play tomb raider for all these years :p

TombOfRaiders
22-02-10, 21:32
She wasted almost 12 years of my life. :p

She's inspired me to make paper guns and jump over next door neighbours' fence.