PDA

View Full Version : Flight Tool?

Croft_Original
06-09-09, 09:17
I've tried both versions of the flight tool but I can't get either of them to work.:(
Does anyone know how I find out which version I need?

EDIT: I've just realised: I get the box asking me if I want to run the flight tool every time I try to start it up; this doesn't happen with the TRA flight tool.:confused:

Thanks,
Croft.

Mytly
06-09-09, 22:04
I can't recall any such dialog box when running the TRL flight tool. :confused: Where did you download it from? And is your game patched?

jeffareid
07-09-09, 01:05
Using the swim in the air is a bit easier to control.

Croft_Original
07-09-09, 17:45
Nope, my game's not patched and it's Sunbeam's flight tool, I found it after I searched the forum.:)

@jeffareid: I didn't know you could make Lara swim in the air is that with the SCU or...?

Croft.

jeffareid
08-09-09, 08:01
SCU (although I've only tried it with Underworld). It's the 'numpad 0' key, but you need to press 'num lock' first, then 'numpad 0', then 'num lock' again if you don't want super swim speed.

scremanie
08-09-09, 08:06
I would like to know how to do this too.

I seen a video on youtube where you could be the younger Lara, flares and all, and complete all of the Peru level. I want to do this, but you need to use the flight tool. I downloaded it, but it does not work :(

jeffareid
08-09-09, 08:27
Apparently SCU for Legend doesn't have the swim in air feature, or I can't find the latest version of SCU for Legend.

Croft_Original
08-09-09, 10:05
Apparently SCU for Legend doesn't have the swim in air feature, or I can't find the latest version of SCU for Legend.

Pity, I like that feature on the AOD SCU.:)

Does anyone know how I find out which version of the game I have so I know which flight tool to use? And is it necessary to patch the game before trying the tool as I'm guessing my saves may not work with the patched game?

Thanks,
Croft.

scremanie
08-09-09, 15:24
I still want to do this.. so can anyone help us? :)

Mytly
08-09-09, 20:09
Oh dear, people seemed to have mixed up several different programs, for several different games. Here's a breakdown of what does what:

AoD SCU - lots of different functions (level choosing, all weapons, etc.), plus ability to swim in air.
TRL & TRA SCUs - ability to choose level and outfits only.
TRU SCU - lots of different functions, including oufit choosing and fly mode.
TRL & TRA Fly Cheats - ability to fly (i.e. walk on air) only.

Since these were all developed by different people, and for different reasons, the functions don't match.

Pity, I like that feature on the AOD SCU.:)

Does anyone know how I find out which version of the game I have so I know which flight tool to use? And is it necessary to patch the game before trying the tool as I'm guessing my saves may not work with the patched game?

Thanks,
Croft.
I think you'll probably need to patch your game. But don't worry about the savegames - they'll still work.

As for the version of the game - as far as the flight tool goes, the "version" is the size of your game's exe.

I would like to know how to do this too.

I seen a video on youtube where you could be the younger Lara, flares and all, and complete all of the Peru level. I want to do this, but you need to use the flight tool. I downloaded it, but it does not work :(
No, for this you need the TRL SCU. See this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=149235) thread - links to all of this can be found under "Additional Resources".

scremanie
09-09-09, 01:06
No, for this you need the TRL SCU. See this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=149235) thread - links to all of this can be found under "Additional Resources".

No this thing.

OPvR9CkXhpQ
Lol, This is pretty cool. The Flashback level started and I was playing with fly mode and I tried to get out of the pit, but then because of the graphics system the whole landscape disappeared. I was sad and I thought ah well, I'll disable the fly mode again. And then suddenly Lara popped to above the ground, and now it WAS loaded. Anaya was just standing there. So now I could play the present part of Peru with the flashback Lara. So now I could use flares and Zip was still talking to me even though I didn't have a headset!

Enjoy!

See, it is different from when you choose young Lara with SCU.

Isn't it? :o

On this one she has no guns and has flares. Just like the flashback part on Peru. :)

I want to do this. And the only way to do it is with the fly cheat/tool. :)

Croft_Original
09-09-09, 08:20
I think you'll probably need to patch your game. But don't worry about the savegames - they'll still work.

As for the version of the game - as far as the flight tool goes, the "version" is the size of your game's exe.

I'm not sure how to find the size of the exe. When I right click it and look at properties it tells me the size is 735bytes, 4.00KB on disc; but this doesn't match up to any of the exe sizes. Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?:confused:

Croft.

Mytly
10-09-09, 20:36
See, it is different from when you choose young Lara with SCU.

Isn't it? :o

On this one she has no guns and has flares. Just like the flashback part on Peru. :)

I want to do this. And the only way to do it is with the fly cheat/tool. :)
That seems to be done with a bug of some kind. Sorry, I have no idea how it's done, but it certainly isn't a normal effect of the fly cheat. In any case, go ahead and try - maybe you'll get lucky. ;)

I'm not sure how to find the size of the exe. When I right click it and look at properties it tells me the size is 735bytes, 4.00KB on disc; but this doesn't match up to any of the exe sizes. Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?:confused:

Croft.
I think you're checking the shortcut, since there's no way a game exe would be 735 bytes. Go to the folder where you installed Legend (default path is C:\Programs Files\eidos\Tomb Raider - Legend), and check the size of trl.exe.

Croft_Original
11-09-09, 09:14
Thanks Mytly, it's 3.22KB that doesn't sound right to me? I mean, I'm not sure which flight tool I would be able to use with that, if any:confused:

Croft.

Mytly
11-09-09, 21:25
3.22KB? That still doesn't sound right. It should be several MB at least. :confused:

Croft_Original
12-09-09, 13:22
Hmm...not only is the exe a weird size and the flight tool won't work, the game has several other things wrong with it too.:hea: I'm coming to the conclusion that the best thing I can do with this game is take it outside and start a bonfire with it.:p;)

Thanks again,
Croft.

Bregtje
22-09-09, 10:35
I have the same problem. :confused: