PDA

View Full Version : When people gossip about you...

LaraLuvrrr
06-09-09, 19:43
What do you do when you find out that people have been gossiping about you?

Do you try to get revenge or do you get depressed or do you just brush it off?

Or do you have some kind of coping mechanism to use when you find out people have been criticizing the living crap out of you and calling you names behind your back?...

WCookie
06-09-09, 19:44

Or do you have some kind of coping mechanism to use when you find out people have been criticizing the living crap out of you and calling you names behind your back?...

Bold, and I am very vingative so I am a ***** to the point of hurting that person.

kthxbai :wve:

Legend of Lara
06-09-09, 19:44
I just ignore it and it dies down eventually. Speaking from experience, unfortunately.

Tombraiderx08
06-09-09, 19:45
its usually between getting depressed and rubbing it off, im weird.

LaraLuvrrr
06-09-09, 19:46
kthxbai :wve:

I don't get it why are you saying bye? lol :confused:

NemesisX13X
06-09-09, 19:46
Revenge.

mind
06-09-09, 19:47
I strike with mortal kindness :ohn:

Kelly Craftman
06-09-09, 19:48
i joke about it!

the only reason there gossiping is cause the jeolous or you spelt with there boyfriend! :ohn:

WCookie
I don't get it why are you saying bye? lol :confused:

.. I didn't knew i writed it >_>

I'm a little dumb so I am writing things that I should, LMAO

Sorry :p

toxicraider
I think I'm too insignificant to be gossiped about much; It's better to be talked about than not.
But if I hear someone has been ****ging me off, usually it's a person who's opinion doesn't matter to me. :)

AODdigger
06-09-09, 19:50
Dudes, be serious here. Just ignore them. Show them the finger or simply tell them to go shoot themselves. Lines like 'get a life' don't really work since they obviously aren't smart enough to understand them. So just screw them. If they gossip you don't need them. Simple. I'd personally rather to be with a couple of good friends than tens of acquaintances with whom I hang out with every night and who wait till I turn around so they start speaking crap about me. Think about that. Would you rather be with people who don't understand not to mention respect you, or simply be yourself without caring about judgemental dickheads :)

Minty Mouth
06-09-09, 19:50
Ive not ever found out that Ive been gossiped about, so I hope that means it never happened.

At least it means people are talking about you.

msalpha2omega
06-09-09, 19:52
I actually don't give a damn.... Their opinion doesn't hurt me.... The people I care about know who I am and that's not gonna change no matter what anyone says..... ;)

Catapharact
06-09-09, 19:54
Think about that. Would you rather be with people who don't understand not to mention respect you, or simply be yourself without caring about judgemental dickheads :)

You are preaching to the wrong crowd here bud ;).

If most of the given population here had enough neurons to comprehend self respect and evaluate their own priorities properly, you wouldn't see them responding against an action that they themselves have been guilty of doing. Ego isn't the problem in this given forum... Its the lack of it.

LaraLuvrrr
06-09-09, 19:56
i joke about it!

the only reason there gossiping is cause the jeolous or you spelt with there boyfriend! :ohn:

Yea that's exactly what I think too! It must be jealousy...
Cuz ppl tend to gossip about me cuz im doing the best job in my class or because of my looks. They like try to find flaws to make em feel better.

I wrote this cuz some chick that looks like a 6 foot gorilla with a bird's beak was gossiping about me and saying I'm weird and wear foundation (im a guy). When in reality its sunscreen cuz my skin is sun sensitive... but apparently the girl has been a ***** to other people too so i guess its just her way of making herself feel better..

It's just been stuck in my head and wont go away though so thats why im curious how other ppl deal with it. Idk how some ppl dont let things get to em and just let it right out of their mind..

TRfan23
Depressed and ****ed off :( Then have thoughts of taking revenge ;) They're not nice I tell you...

Unless if the gossip was a compliment. But when has gossiping ever been a compliment?

Punaxe
I actually never had to deal with this problem... As far as I know, there was no gossip.

TRhalloween
06-09-09, 19:57
I try to ignore them. Cause one time like, y'know Jessica? Well she told Claire that I was like totally having an affair with her bf Josh and I was like "eww" omg and Claire was like "What? Is he not good enough for you?" and I was "No, I mean I'm just not like that." and she was like "Yes you are, you slut! Jessica told me everything about you" and I was like "You believe anything Jessica tells you." Cuz like she does! and she was like "Old lady Pierson saw you kissing all those guys in your pool" and I was like "Old lady Pierson exaggerates since she hates every teenager". And then she was like "You tried to sell Josh drugs" WTF? Where did that come from? She like totally changes the subject and only hears what she wants to. Anyway, the rest is personal.

Spong
06-09-09, 19:58
I wrote this cuz some chick that looks like a 6 foot gorilla with a bird's beak was gossiping about me and saying I'm weird and wear foundation (im a guy). When in reality its sunscreen cuz my skin is sun sensitive... but apparently the girl has been a ***** to other people too so i guess its just her way of making herself feel better..

Which is exactly what you've just done by insulting that person on here. It seems you two are more alike than you realise.

LaraLuvrrr
06-09-09, 19:59
I try to ignore them. Cause one time like, y'know Jessica? Well she told Claire that I was like totally having an affair with her bf Josh and I was like "eww" omg and Claire was like "What? Is he not good enough for you?" and I was "No, I mean I'm just not like that." and she was like "Yes you are, you slut! Jessica told me everything about you" and I was like "You believe anything Jessica tells you." Cuz like she does! and she was like "Old lady Pierson saw you kissing all those guys in your pool" and I was like "Old lady Pierson exaggerates since she hates every teenager". And then she was like "You tried to sell Josh drugs" WTF? Where did that come from? She like totally changes the subject and only hears what she wants to. Anyway, the rest is personal.

:eek: O M G

Jessica is such a meep meep!

Which is exactly what you've just done by insulting that person on here. It seems you two are more alike than you realise.

No not really. I would only criticize someone directly if they have done it to me. And I have not spread any gossip about her at all I've kept it to myself. So no we're not quite alike....

and dont tell me you dont judge anyone in your own mind cuz i wont believe it

Angel666
06-09-09, 20:01
But if I hear someone has been ****ging me off, usually it's a person who's opinion doesn't matter to me. :)

This. :tmb: I have never found out about someone talking about me behind my back, although I'm sure it's happened. I am pretty good about not letting the opinions of those who don't matter to me get under my skin.

VictorXD
06-09-09, 20:02
Depends on what is:/ But I get sad and then I get happy again:) I'm aa happy maniac:D

TRhalloween
06-09-09, 20:03
I know :rolleyes: I hope Jes, Claire and Mrs. Pierson (RIP) all burn!

CerebralAssassin
06-09-09, 20:04
when a close friend gossips about me, I admit it bothers me.but when some random people do it then I just shrug it off immediately.

Spong
06-09-09, 20:06
No not really. I would only criticize someone directly if they have done it to me. And I have not spread any gossip about her at all I've kept it to myself. So no we're not quite alike....

and dont tell me you dont judge anyone in your own mind cuz i wont believe it

I never said I didn't make my own judgements. But neither would I post them on a board behind their back. And you can't really say you don't gossip or keep things to yourself when you come on here and call the person in question a "6 foot gorilla with a bird's beak". Two wrongs don't make a right ;)

Drone
06-09-09, 20:06
why should I care about cowards who can't say the things directly :wve:

LaraLuvrrr
06-09-09, 20:09
I never said I didn't make my own judgements. But neither would I post them on a board behind their back. And you can't really say you don't gossip about her when you come on here and call her a "6 foot gorilla with a bird's beak". Two wrongs don't make a right ;)

Well yes I am posting an insult to her. But she is completely anonymous noone knows who she is except that she's a girl. In her case she insulted me directly to people that knew me in my own class. So I dont think its the same thing.

TombRaiderCool
06-09-09, 20:14
Well, I was a victim of gossip before, I can say that much. I've probably been a gossip starter as well when I was younger, though I soon released how pointless the whole thing was, I got nothing out of it and neither did the person who was gossiped about. though.To be honest, I don't think there are many people who can say they never have gossiped about anyone in their life before. At least I don't know any.
Some people just make it a really bad habit. It's childish, immature and stupid. Thankfully I'm over that stage and I can see what morons those people were.

why should I care about cowards who can't say the things directly :wve:

Well said! :tmb:
We sure have been agreeing a lot lately lol! :D

Squibbly
06-09-09, 20:16
i joke about it!

Spelt with their boyfriend? :p

Romantics Inc.
06-09-09, 20:16
I get ****ed off.

Ikas90
06-09-09, 20:22
Depends on who the person is. If it was someone I never used to get along with in school, I would just ignore them, and possibly feel sorry for them.

If it was a close friend, then I'd be more bothered. Because I love my friends.

Explorer
06-09-09, 20:29
I have been gossiped about a few times, one time even involving some who I used to be close to, which did make me feel depressed. I just try to deal with it in a non retaliatory manner.

Encore
06-09-09, 20:41

I've never really been through this situation at least in ways that would damage me.

But I prize honesty and face to face confrontation a lot, I think that if something like that were to happen I'd just directly confront the gossip starters or those who spread it and straighten things up.

Tina Croft
06-09-09, 21:09
in former times i became depressed

now, after i learned from it, i take revenge ... but mostly it doesn't even bother me, because they're mostly jealous or unhappy with their own lifes ;) nowadays i can see/feel that

January_Snow*
06-09-09, 21:18
I just laugh and start gossiping about them :vlol: :vlol: Seriosly it might hurt me if normal people would gossip about me, but morons no :vlol:

For example I recently found out that a little group with whom I went to elementary school were gossiping like crazy, and talking stuff about me, what were they talking? How I was stuck up because I wear designer clothes and go out to clubs in night :vlol: :vlol: morons so It just showed me how they are jelous, and knowing how pathetic their lives are (one of them is my first neighbour!!) I just started gossiping how misserable and lame losers they are :D...and when they see me they are all "aaaaw where are you, its been ages" and I just put on a fake smile and start talking about how awsome my life is and how much fun I have with my awsome friends, so later they can compare that to their empty lifes :D

DaNoNeMoKiId
06-09-09, 21:44
I act shocked, laugh about it and ignore/rub it off my back. I'm not going to waste my tears and negative emotions on a lowlife human that gossips about other people to make themselves feel better, and I will never let them bring me down, no one has the right to do that to a person. I pity them though.

TTV
06-09-09, 21:58
I shrug and move on.

**LARA LOVER**
06-09-09, 22:01
I tend to have a mix of revenge, depression, and brushing it off. I try not to worry about about what people say or think of me. It sounds cheesy but the people who are gossiping about you are probably insecure with themselves. :)

Marianna12
06-09-09, 22:13
I get depressed, really makes me sad! And then I just pretend that I don't care...

-DaNnEe..
06-09-09, 22:16
I usually get a little depressed about it. I don't really want revenge because I don't see the point in sinking to their level. I mostly just laugh it off however and move on.

Nerd For Life
06-09-09, 22:36
Shrug it off, most of the times.

Jo269976
06-09-09, 22:42
I laugh maniacally at them, then it gives them something else to gossip about...

People fear the unknown :mis:

angelfaithrox
06-09-09, 22:45
I don't really care. I'm sure really horrible things are said about me, but I don't let them get to me.
The people that matter don't gossip behind my back, and the people who do gossip about me don't matter.

Carbonek_0051
06-09-09, 22:46
I eat their soul.

Siberian Tiger
06-09-09, 22:47
I send them faeces in the mail. ;)

Jo269976
06-09-09, 22:48
i send them faeces in the mail. ;)

That was you?!

January_Snow*
06-09-09, 22:49
I send them faeces in the mail. ;)

*grabs a pen and a notebook" and how exactly does the process go? ;)

Nerd For Life
06-09-09, 22:49
I eat their soul.

I'm never telling anything about you again!

Oh wai-

Siberian Tiger
06-09-09, 22:55
That was you?!

No, that must have been Sharon Osbourne.

*grabs a pen and a notebook" and how exactly does the process go? ;)

OK, get a small tub and then place it right underneath your... :o

Jo269976
06-09-09, 22:57
OK, get a small tub and then place it right underneath your... :o

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/04/BlanketyBlankTitleCard.jpg/200px-BlanketyBlankTitleCard.jpg

Hyper_Crazy
06-09-09, 23:00
When people gossip about me it always comes back round to me so I'll find out. Most of the time I don't usually care, but if someone's said something really bad about me I'll get them back. :)

LaraLuvrrr
07-09-09, 00:03
I eat their soul.

:eek:

(runs to go talk good about Carbonek)

lol

Liberta
07-09-09, 00:08
I just face it in a cool way so as to show that their corny bull**** doesn't infleunce me at all unfortunately, but if they keep doing it they're really ruining it, simply some a**** gonna be hardly kicked then :cln:

TRULuverzz
07-09-09, 00:09
so long as people gossip something positive about me i'm okay with it :tmb:
but other than that i won't allow it :p

MariahCroft
07-09-09, 00:28
Revenge.

_Lam
07-09-09, 00:35
It may sound stupid but I actually like that, probably because most of the time that people are gossiping about me it's not THAT bad. I agree that it can somehow turn into intimidation but in my case it's not that serious (for what I know loll) so I don't know what but knowing that people are paying attention of me make me feel... well, I don't care much. ;)

dcw123
07-09-09, 00:46
Annoyed / Angry ..

As long as I dont hear about it, dont bother me , its when I get looks and people whisper right infront of me tht it gets to me :p

Like everyone else says, be yourself - who cares what other people think - probs just jealous anyway :ton:

GameGlitcher77
07-09-09, 01:47
I retaliate by shoving it back in their face or by critizing them, or by making threats. Then they usually shut up about it.:D:D:p

Shauni
07-09-09, 02:23
I usually get really annoyed and upset that someone would say something about me, and even more annoyed that other people actually believe it. I never got gossiped about til Senior year, then I got bombarded with it. But it does eventually fade. It helps if you talk to your friends about it, let them know it's not true and how much it bothers you.

ECB
07-09-09, 03:40
I actually find it hilarious. I am a vengeful person though, so I usually brush it off or just get revenge. Haha. :p

Paddy
07-09-09, 03:44
Personally if you know the gossip isnt true, why care what others think?

Tommy123
07-09-09, 04:11
It depends. Usually i would just brush it off. After all there JUST words out of someones mouth. But usually if its a friend and they do it i usually confront them about it

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-09-09, 06:19
I brush it off, because I really don't give a rat's behind about what people say about me.

However, because of the fact that I'm not a gossiper, it's very rare that I hear of people gossiping about me. Generally the people being gossiped about are ones that gossip all the time about other people any way, and they kind of have it coming.

MiCkiZ88
07-09-09, 10:18
I'm very annoyed about gossips, and considering I live in the Netherlands where people just loooooove to gossip about everything and share even the silliest of stories.. I'm far from not being annoyed.

''I don't think he even wants to work'' - Has a job
*Mitch changes his msn name back to normal, without <3 micki*
''Where's Mika? Are you two not together anymore?'' - Still mad in love

etc.

These forums are a great source of gossip aswell..

Punaxe
07-09-09, 10:27
(...) the Netherlands where people just loooooove to gossip about everything and share even the silliest of stories.. (...)

True story. We are curious people. We want to know everything. :mis:

MiCkiZ88
07-09-09, 10:31
True story. We are curious people. We want to know everything. :mis:Yup.. everything indeed. :( You pervs!

Punaxe
07-09-09, 10:37
Yup.. everything indeed. :( You pervs!

But but we can't help it, we're just born that way... :(
Nah, we're probably just raised like that. It's a bit strange sometimes... I ask my girlfriend questions that I think are perfectly normal, but to her it's like I'm hugely invading her privacy, for example when I asked her how much money she has, which I thought was a relevant question, because I want to help her buy furniture et cetera... Finnish people apparently just don't talk about those things.
Perhaps we're just more "open", but as a downside, also expect/demand others to be open as well.

MiCkiZ88
07-09-09, 10:42
But but we can't help it, we're just born that way... :(
Nah, we're probably just raised like that. It's a bit strange sometimes... I ask my girlfriend questions that I think are perfectly normal, but to her it's like I'm hugely invading her privacy, for example when I asked her how much money she has, which I thought was a relevant question, because I want to help her buy furniture et cetera... Finnish people apparently just don't talk about those things.
Perhaps we're just more "open", but as a downside, also expect/demand others to be open as well.
Finnish people are proud people. They are full of pride and don't want to be asked about their financial situation or how they are living at the moment. We are like americans. We want to live large in our own houses. Never ever ask them about their financial situation. :p

I actually was depressed the first couple of months here because I had no income and only now I've gotten used to being open with the money situation and I share my money with others.

Still.. it's ma money!!

Paddy
07-09-09, 10:45
Finnish people are proud people.
Not always a good thing. My mums side being Finnish I dont talk to, cut ties with them because they like to gossip, are too up themselves.

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 10:46
When people gossip about me, its usually about my prowess in the sack :pi:

...Kidding :p I dont really know, I havent been gossiped about in a truly negative way since Junior Highschool. I mostly tried to ignore it.

maniakatosheto
07-09-09, 10:53
Let em gossip thats what i say . If they gossip good stuf its ok when they gossip bad things its still ok cause i dont bother.

SGRaider
07-09-09, 11:13
I don't think people gossip about me, I'm not that interesting. :p
But if they do, oh well, let them have their fun.

LightningRider
07-09-09, 11:17
People Don't Gossip About Me, I Gossip About People.

:p

Of course not about my lovely members! :D

Tina Croft
09-09-09, 21:40
People Don't Gossip About Me, I Gossip About People.

:p

Of course not about my lovely members! :D

then you're one of the idiots or what? don't want to offend you, but only idiots gossip other people

sheepydee
09-09-09, 21:42
If people gossip about me i get all upset , i get hellish revenge and create all sorts of rumors , so nobody dares to gossip about me :mis:

xx_Hunt_xx
09-09-09, 21:43
I just brush it off...who cares?
Gossip NEVER lasts, and if people are sad enough to bring me up in there conversation then im flattered whether it be good or bad. No one is perfect and cant expect everyone to get along.

Larapink
10-09-09, 13:13
Obviously I get hurt about it but I keep my emotions away from them and I just tend to ignore them.

Just trying out this new colour and formatting in my responses..:D

Rivendell
10-09-09, 14:05
When people gossip about me?
I make them feel completely at ease, get them drunk, lead them up onto a roof and then - oops!

"Wasn' me, officer! I was nowhere near him when he accidentally bopped himself on the head 5 times with a metal pipe and then pushed himself off the edge! In another country, I was!"

:whi:

viper456
10-09-09, 14:05
When people gossip about me?
I make them feel completely at ease, get them drunk, lead them up onto a roof and then - oops!

"Wasn' me, officer! I was nowhere near him when he accidentally bopped himself on the head 5 times with a metal pipe and then pushed himself off the edge! In another country, I was!"

:whi:

uh oh! LMFAO

Paddy
10-09-09, 14:06
If people gossip about me i get all upset , i get hellish revenge and create all sorts of rumors , so nobody dares to gossip about me :mis:

But doesnt that make you just as bad as them??

john_york
10-09-09, 14:22
Let 'em talk, in my opinion.

http://rlv.zcache.com/who_cares_smiley_t_shirt-p235626325520994391q6vb_400.jpg

LightningRider
10-09-09, 14:38
Meh, to make my other statement more clear. I don't gossip about people I know, only celebs.

Teehee, Lady GaGa inside joke. :p

But people gossip about me, and I just laugh with them, and they think I' crazy which causes more rumors, rinse, repeat, recycle. Gossip Train, I'm famous Y'all! :jmp:

Atlantisfreak666
10-09-09, 14:40
Meh, couldn't give a crap.

adventurerLara
10-09-09, 14:41
Put on a brave face and brush off whatever they say.

Joely-Moley
10-09-09, 14:45
I cry myself to sleep.

young Lara Croft
10-09-09, 14:50
I just ignore and try not to think about it , sometimes it gets me mad and then I just start openning up a game and kill some enemies! :D

AmericanAssassin
10-09-09, 14:50
I kill them. :)

No, really, I just get depressed. I know this because of several years of this crap. I had a horrible school life. I just try to pretend those people don't exist. No, it doesn't exactly get me anywhere, but at least I'm somewhere that resembles peace. Sort of. Not really. I don't know. :(

All I can think is how boring their lives must be. To talk about someone they don't even know. :p

Rileigh
10-09-09, 15:05
"I just smiled at him and I turned the other cheek
I really dont care, in fact I wish him well
cause Ill be laughing my head off when hes burning in hell"

:D

Doesn't bother me. All the anger just burns away when I think of flames.

robm_2007
10-09-09, 15:56
i like hearing what they come up with.

sheepydee
10-09-09, 16:01
But doesnt that make you just as bad as them??
Yeah i suppose it does , i very rarely do revenge at people , i just make a joke out of it myself but inside im really hurt :p , but it depends on wot ppl are sayin y'know..

jackles
10-09-09, 16:30
Oh people were always talking about me when I was younger..probably still do. But hey...who wants to be so boring that no one even notices you! ;)

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys!

Paddy
11-09-09, 09:05
Yeah i suppose it does , i very rarely do revenge at people , i just make a joke out of it myself but inside im really hurt :p , but it depends on wot ppl are sayin y'know..

Im a fan of revenge but only when they do something like pull a prank or trick me in some way :p

TR love
11-09-09, 09:13
Im pretty sure some people were doing it today...

anyway i just laugh and take them off my christmas list

paul123456
11-09-09, 16:10
If people are gossiping about you then always remember at least you got people talking. That's what I think anyway :)

Chocola teapot
11-09-09, 17:03
I get sweet. beautiful revenge.

rowanlim
11-09-09, 17:06
Depends on what the gossip is about. I would try to brush it off but if it's slanderous, I'd talk to that person.

No one says **** about me :cool:

Dina_Croft
11-09-09, 17:29
I just....kill them...

http://i32.************/2441erl.jpg

tomblover
11-09-09, 17:33
Reminds me of when someone asked me wether I was in love with him or her or not, I was like:

"I'M SO GODDAMN SEXY EVERYONE WANTS ME!1111"

And then I left. :vlol:

Alex Shepherd
11-09-09, 17:42

Just laugh on them as you or you REALLY laughing at their stupid actings + try also to give ignorance and stay away, this is a really strange acts that also happens with me mostly, I wonder what they are trying to do...

Catracoth
11-09-09, 19:26
I couldn't care less, really. People used to cluck like hens about me last year and the year before, and I'm pretty sure they do it now too. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, mainly because when it gets back to me, I have a jolly 'ole laugh about how ludicrous the gossip is.

I won't complain since my friends and I enjoy a fine laugh now and again.

Legends
11-09-09, 19:33
It depends on what they are saying. I don't usually care unless there are untrustworthy friends who are doing the gossip.