PDA

View Full Version : Which is better.. Opera or Firefox??

Surohicko
06-09-09, 20:55
As the title says which is better?

Thanks,
Surohicko

Romantics Inc.
Firefox.

VictorXD
I love Firefox:)

Surohicko
06-09-09, 20:56
Why Firefox :D?

TRULuverzz
06-09-09, 20:57
Opera FTW :tmb:

TRfan23
06-09-09, 20:58
Firefox :tmb:

Opera doesn't have an adblocker of which I'm aware, and it's more confusing to use :( Though I know Opera is more Acid 3 Proof

AODdigger
06-09-09, 20:58
I'd say Opera

Surohicko
06-09-09, 21:02
Should i download both :p
lol

TRfan23
06-09-09, 21:04
Yeh and see which one you find better. I say it's the customer's opinion then anyone elses ;) As people themselves feel different with each different browser ;)

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

http://www.opera.com/

The recent Opera has Turbo Technology, basically makes it quicker to browse sites with. But best to set it to when your Internet connection goes slow, it auto turns on.

FireFox has really good addons, which I prefer more then Opera, one especially which is Adblocker Plus, which stop silly advertisements from popping up on sites. Like the one on the right hand corner of this site ;) I can't see it :D But I bet it's based on web browsers?

IceColdLaraCroft
06-09-09, 21:08
opera no plugins

Surohicko
06-09-09, 21:15
Thank you TRFan 23 for the help urm right off to download them :p...

Encore
06-09-09, 21:16
I never used Opera... I'm satisfied with Firefox though.

Surohicko
06-09-09, 21:24
Says file corrupt on firefox ill try again tomoorow :(

voltz
06-09-09, 21:35
Without add-ons I'd say Opera, but with them Firefox kills everything that's currently on the market. Just look at the list of them from mozilla.com and you'll see what I mean.

tonyme
06-09-09, 21:38
Never tried Opera, it's just I find Firefox perfect! :)

DaNoNeMoKiId
06-09-09, 21:41
I like Firefox the best. It also has a good youtube downloader addon.

tonyme
06-09-09, 21:49

Yep! :)

TRfan23
06-09-09, 21:50

I prefer downloadhelper ;) Unless if that's what you already meant?

tonyme
06-09-09, 21:54
I prefer downloadhelper ;) Unless if that's what you already meant?

That's the one I use and I think that's the one DaNoNeMoKiId meant. ;)

Tony9595
06-09-09, 22:58
Firefox :tmb:

Opera doesn't have an adblocker of which I'm aware, and it's more confusing to use :( Though I know Opera is more Acid 3 Proof

It doesn't have a downloadable adblocker 'cause it doesn't need one. It already has that feature built in :cool:

The new version of Opera, is faster and if you have a slow internet connection it speeds it up with Opera Turbo :cool:

Yeah, Acid 3 proof :cool:

So, well, I used FireFox. But as soon as I tried Opera, I never used FireFox again :)
I've got to say. Go for Opera :cool:

Nerd For Life
06-09-09, 23:00
I've used both and both were great, but Firefox works faster.

Sir Croft
06-09-09, 23:15
I've used both and both were great, but Firefox works faster.

This.

irjudd
06-09-09, 23:22
Internet Explorer 5.0

Nerd For Life
06-09-09, 23:23
Internet Explorer 5.0

:smk: No pie for you tonight.

patriots88888
06-09-09, 23:29
Everyone has preferences so try them both and decide for yourself! :p

As for myself, I was skeptical of Firefox when I first used it, but now that I've used it for about 7 months, I actually prefer it to IE (for most things anyways). I especially like all the add-ons and such that IE fails to deliver. :)

Higgy531
07-09-09, 00:15
Safari

SamReeves
07-09-09, 00:41
With the amount of add ons possible, I have been impressed by Firefox.

Apathetic
07-09-09, 01:33
I like Opera because of the convenient speed-dial and it will save your pages if you exit the browser. Also it hardly ever freezes, unlike IE. :tmb:

Tombraiderx08
07-09-09, 01:39
I've used both and I prefer firefox.

voltz
07-09-09, 01:59
busy playing around with this...

JJhvGqj5yNM

and this...

FjetHe-DTVs

Shauni
07-09-09, 03:10
I'd go with FireFox. I had Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer, and I thought Firefox was best. It has the least amount of crashes. And I can view more sites and get more plugins/toolbars with firefox than Opera. :)

Drone
07-09-09, 04:14
where's Tony?

Firefox doesn't impress, even Chromium is better and faster.

Opera FTW. Period. :wve:

laracroftswest
07-09-09, 04:19
What is Opera? Heard of it before but don't really know about it.

Tony9595
07-09-09, 04:43
↑ Opera, try it and love it.

where's Tony?

I've been and I'm still here. I say Opera rules!! :ohn:

Drone
07-09-09, 04:50
I've been and I'm still here. I say Opera rules!! :ohn:

yeah man with speed dial, turbo and 40% speed boost it looks like a meteor shower!

Tony9595
07-09-09, 04:52
yeah man with speed dial, turbo and 40% speed boost it looks like a meteor shower!

Definitely :tmb:
Only a few people get to feel the pleasures that Opera kindly gives for free :ohn:

Drone
07-09-09, 05:05
yeah enjoy while you can :D

Peanut
07-09-09, 05:17
Opera! :tmb:

voltz
07-09-09, 06:15
Speed Dial Add-on for Firefox :yik:

SDXgjO82M8s

Opera can throw that one little advantage out the window. :p

I'm also waiting for Fasterfox to get past the experimental stage so I can add some tweaks with it. FF was quite zippy before the 3.0 update came around.

drakl0r
07-09-09, 07:24
Firefox for me :wve:

Maybe a poll should be made for this :D

Punaxe
07-09-09, 07:31
I've typed this at least twice before, but here goes again...

The one thing that made me absolutely hooked on Opera is mouse gestures. No need for buttons and icons anymore: all these things (refresh, stop, new tab, close tab, backwards, forwards, et cetera) are replaced by a couple of movements with your mouse. You have no idea how extremely efficient this is until you've tried it. It also means you can have a much cleaner interface (http://files.noctifer.net/operaui.jpg) (looks a bit different in Opera 10 but the layout is the same). :p I think everyone really should try this for a while. You won't want to go back after it.
One other feature that means you have to aim less at specific buttons is the forward feature. In other browsers (unless they've changed this by now), forward only works after you've first gone backwards. Opera on the other hand predicts what is most likely the next page, and binds this to the forward button (unless you've just gone back).
And then there's inline search. If I want to Google for Tomb Raider, I type "g tomb raider" in my address bar. If I directly want to go to the Wikipedia article, I type "w tomb raider", or if I want to buy something on Amazon, "z tomb raider" and so forth. Really, if you're into efficient browsing, I think Opera's what you need.

Also
http://files.noctifer.net/opera.jpg

voltz
07-09-09, 08:13
Also

*Ad-blocks image.... :whi:

Johnnay
07-09-09, 10:55
where's Tony?

and i heard Chrome ( and Google) tracks what you do. so Firefox over Chrome

i choose Firefox never been a fan of Opera

Tony9595
07-09-09, 15:23
Opera's what you need.

http://files.noctifer.net/opera.jpg

:tmb:

Punaxe, you rock :D

Your_Envy*
07-09-09, 15:26
I use both. I love Opera because of Speed Dial. :cln: And I use Firefox because Facebook doesn't like my Opera, duuno why. :tea:

Punaxe - :tmb:

Hermina94
07-09-09, 20:41
I use Opera.I used to have FireFox,but It's kinda slow for me...I don't know...just download them both and make up your mind :p
TEAM OPERA!

telcontar
07-09-09, 21:23
I find Opera to be quite slow most of the time.
I generally use Firefox, but it gives me troubles sometimes. For example, when I click submit button (eg. during registration), it freezes all the time. I wonder if this can be solved. :(

TRfan23
07-09-09, 21:38
Does Opera get as much connection time outs as FF? Also how do I import bookmarks from FF to Opera?

*Ad-blocks image.... :whi:

Ditto, but if I find Opera any better then FF eventually. That image goes back up ;) Oh and can you ad-block images in Opera, with the right-click feature?

Edit:- I'm using Opera and for some strange reason it's slow :( I'm not even joking, is this normal on a 56MB Netgear Modem?

It doesn't have a downloadable adblocker 'cause it doesn't need one. It already has that feature built in :cool:

The new version of Opera, is faster and if you have a slow internet connection it speeds it up with Opera Turbo :cool:

Yeah, Acid 3 proof :cool:

So, well, I used FireFox. But as soon as I tried Opera, I never used FireFox again :)
I've got to say. Go for Opera :cool:

What about the add on the right hand corner? (Trying not to be cheeky :o)

http://i32.************/dvqc5l.jpg

Mokono
07-09-09, 22:06
Opera is the best smartphone browser.

Punaxe
07-09-09, 22:06
Does Opera get as much connection time outs as FF? Also how do I import bookmarks from FF to Opera?

Ditto, but if I find Opera any better then FF eventually. That image goes back up ;) Oh and can you ad-block images in Opera, with the right-click feature? (...)

I don't know about the connection timeouts, are you sure that is even browser-dependent?
You can important your bookmarks by going to File -> Import and Export -> Import Netscape/Firefox Bookmarks... and block content by right-clicking an empty part of the page and selecting Block Content. Then you can click on whatever element you want to have blocked, or, through Details, manually add elements (such as anything coming from an entire domain).

ShadyCroft
07-09-09, 22:09
I use Firefox and I'm content with it. :)

MattTR
07-09-09, 22:11
I use Firefox and I.E.. some of my school website programs don't work in Firefox so I switch, but browsing I prefer Firefox.. :tmb:

TRfan23
07-09-09, 22:12
I don't know about the connection timeouts, are you sure that is even browser-dependent?
You can important your bookmarks by going to File -> Import and Export -> Import Netscape/Firefox Bookmarks... and block content by right-clicking an empty part of the page and selecting Block Content. Then you can click on whatever element you want to have blocked, or, through Details, manually add elements (such as anything coming from an entire domain).

I think it is browser dependent, as I never got it with IE back in the old times ;) Meaning last May/June I think lol. Bookmarks added, though I had to Import them as Internet Explorer bookmarks as when I used Netscape/Firefox it came up with the extension of html, which my bookmarks weren't in that type... Just Internet shortcuts.

Wait? Is it me or does it have an automated spell checker? :yik: Yet I had to find an add on for FF for a spell checker.
I like the add block feature :) Though I'd prefer if it automatically got rid of adds :(

Seems Opera's not bad at all :) Also I've noticed it being a bit fast now :D

Punaxe
07-09-09, 22:18
I think it is browser dependent, as I never got it with IE back in the old times ;) Meaning last May/June I think lol. Bookmarks added, though I had to Import them as Internet Explorer bookmarks as when I used Netscape/Firefox it came up with the extension of html, which my bookmarks weren't in that type... Just Internet shortcuts.

Wait? Is it me or does it have an automated spell checker? :yik: Yet I had to find an add on for FF for a spell checker.
I like the add block feature :) Though I'd prefer if it automatically got rid of adds :(

Seems Opera's not bad at all :) Also I've noticed it being a bit fast now :D

Don't forget to try the mouse gestures (http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/gestures/) :D
You can switch off the spell checker in Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Browsing.

TRfan23
07-09-09, 22:25
I do like the nice auto reload feature :D

Right I'm off to bed now ;)

Thanks Punaxe.
Blimey, what next IE becomes the best Web Browser next year?

Tony9595
07-09-09, 23:33
Yeah! The automated spell checker is one of the things that I love of Opera, I really need it :o

oocladableeblah
07-09-09, 23:40
I downloaded Opera because of freaking Punaxe and it's a good browser so far, I like the mouse gestures a lot.

Damage Inc.
07-09-09, 23:47
I don't really know Opera, but I say go with Firefox.
It's pretty much thé best internet-browser around.
Ever since IE7 or whatever, it has been a Firefox-wannabe, literally.

Firefox has many neat features that can sort your business and save time.
For example, I love the tabs in one window, which has been expanded over time.
Like you can scroll the tab-bar with the mouse-where, or just pick a tab from the list of open tabs.
Besides that, you can set Firefox to save all tabs on exit and they'll load the next time you open Firefox.
They also implemented that, if your Firefox happens to crash or whatever, it will remember those tabs and ask you to restore or not.
That was an issue before with me, as I'd sometimes have dozens of tabs to use later.

Speaking of which, there are also great 3rd-party plugins.
I really recommend any Firefox-user to use the following:
- Adblock Plus: Which blocks ads obviously, which reduces loading-time and such issues, also cleans up the webpages.
But you can turn it off for individual websites or pages, or only certain modules, etc.
- Read It Later: Which is really handy to save pages to of course "read later".
Like in my case I don't need to keep all those tabs open anymore, but keep a to-read/use-list.
It simply creates a folder of Bookmarks, but then you get a button for the Plugin and you also have a clear list of the websites.
You can customize it after your preferences easily enough.

Speaking of customizing, you can do quite some things to Firefox too.
You can drag around the buttons and bars, download themes.
However, for all extensions, make sure they're compatible and up-to-date enough to keep working and not cause any problems.
That's why I like to keep a program like this as basic as basic as possible,
yet the extensions I use are so handy, I couldn't live without them.

Anyway, you can of course try each, but I highly recommend Firefox to be anyone's default web-browser.
It's such a quality and extensive program, getting lighter and lighter, always updated and fixed if any problems.
It should be a crime that it's completely free, but it's a great fact too.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yeah! The automated spell checker is one of the things that I love of Opera, I really need it :o

Firefox has spell-check. :) Even gives suggestions if you right-click on the marked mistakes or 'Add to Dictionary' I just noticed... whatever that does...

Tony9595
07-09-09, 23:48
I don't really know Opera

:eek:
Go and download it now. You'll love it :tmb:

Damage Inc.
07-09-09, 23:56
:eek:
Go and download it now. You'll love it :tmb:

No, I have Firefox so I don't have any reason to find another one.
Just like I replaced 'Paint' with 'Photoshop', 'Windows Media Player' with 'Winamp',
'Windows Picture Viewer' (or whatever) with 'ACDSee', Microsoft's 'Word' with OpenOffice's "Word",
I also replaced 'Internet Explorer' with 'Firefox'.

Actually, the only flaw I can find in 'Firefox' is that you can't save Bitmaps.
You can by using '.BMP', but those won't open in something like 'Photoshop' for some weird reason.
I'm not sure if anything's changed about that, I didn't try for a long time...
But that's the only use 'Internet Explorer' pretty much has for me, and the one reason I didn't erase it from existence yet.
Stupid software, it keep whining like "GET IE8 GET IE8" all over the place, but it fails to update itself.
While Firefox even does it itself with me barely noticing, it's just that it loads a page like "Congratulations!" etc. or I wouldn't even know. :D

Drone
08-09-09, 04:41
Edit:- I'm using Opera and for some strange reason it's slow :( I'm not even joking, is this normal on a 56MB Netgear Modem?

it's not opera problem. Must be your connection. Try to turn turbo on

TRfan9294
08-09-09, 04:46
I like Firefox, never used Opera.

Tear
08-09-09, 05:10
I have Opera - don't know which is better though.

Minty Mouth
08-09-09, 08:05
Ive used Firefox for about a year, but Since yesterday Ive been using Opera, its good I guess, but I never use add-ons or Plug-ins, so it doesnt matter which one i use. I just like a change.

Punaxe
08-09-09, 10:09
it's not opera problem. Must be your connection. Try to turn turbo on

Actually, if you're on a fast connection, it's better to switch Turbo off. It's supposed to be used on slow connections, and using something improperly is never good. It's switched on by default I think, so: hit F12 and uncheck "Enable Opera Turbo".

Mir@nDA
08-09-09, 10:12
Firefox FOREVER!!

Alex Fly
08-09-09, 10:14
Firefox of course. :tmb:

Croft_Original
08-09-09, 10:27
I use Firefox:tmb: Never tried Opera.

Croft.

Drone
08-09-09, 12:48
Actually, if you're on a fast connection, it's better to switch Turbo off. It's supposed to be used on slow connections, and using something improperly is never good. It's switched on by default I think, so: hit F12 and uncheck "Enable Opera Turbo".

it's better to put turbo on auto mode.

btw Opera 10 was downloaded 10 million times during the first week of release.

http://www.opera.com/press/releases/2009/09/08_2/

TRULuverzz
08-09-09, 12:49
it's better to put turbo on auto mode.

btw Opera 10 was downloaded 10 million times during the first week of release.

http://www.opera.com/press/releases/2009/09/08_2/

OHH EMM GEE! :eek:

AlexandraVal.
08-09-09, 13:13
firefox