PDA

View Full Version : Cadbury's snub US offer

Agent 47
07-09-09, 15:41
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8241056.stm

i never thought i'd live to see the day that a long standing UK company would have the guts to say no to our American cousins.

Cadbury's is a national institution and it would be totally uncool for this company to be swallowed up by another country. something's should simply remain British!
:D

xXhayleyroxXx
07-09-09, 15:45
woaaaa

im loyal to cadburys - they didnt turn traiter like mars by putting veal stomach in their chocolate

thankfully mars got the hint and changed back :)

i might be being bitter but tbh il stick with cadburys :ton:

Mad Tony
07-09-09, 15:46
Lol, it's just a chocolate company. I couldn't care less either way really.

Encore
07-09-09, 15:46
woaaaa

im loyal to cadburys - they didnt turn traiter like mars by putting veal stomach in their chocolate

What???

Spong
07-09-09, 15:47
Good for Cadbury :tmb:

xXhayleyroxXx
07-09-09, 15:48
What???

yep

its okay now though
vegetarian again :)

Mad Tony
Mars rock. My dad used to work for them so always used to get tons of free chocolate. And I got a tour round a Mars factory in Australia once. Mars bars taste so different when they're fresh. :D

Kelly Craftman
but hasn't it gone to Poland?:confused:

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 15:49
Oh thank god. The last thing I want is Cadbury to start tasting like Hershey's or something :tea:

Encore
07-09-09, 15:51
yep

its okay now though

But but.... Veal stomach??!?! WTF?? Is this.. common in chocolates?!

Spong
07-09-09, 15:51
The last thing I want is Cadbury to start tasting like Hershey's or something :tea:

Or Oreo biscuits *vomits*

xXhayleyroxXx
07-09-09, 15:52

no they did it for cheapness
its ok now :)

mars also test on animals

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 15:53

Eugh, agreed :tmb:

Punaxe
07-09-09, 15:53
Well, from the article I don't see that the companies' nationalities have anything to do with it though. Cadbury thinks it's doing fine on its own and apparently rightfully so. They probably simply saw more value in remaining independent.

Spong
07-09-09, 15:54
mars also test on animals

In what way? I mean, feeding Mars bars to animals isn't my idea of cruel.

Encore
07-09-09, 15:54
Food, tested on animals? How?

Agent 47
07-09-09, 15:55
Oh thank god. The last thing I want is Cadbury to start tasting like Hershey's or something :tea:

depends on if Hershey's do indeed make a counter proposal with Nestle (i was bitter when they bought Rowntree's too :vlol:

Joely-Moley
07-09-09, 15:56

I don't think so.
Here's (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23396142-details/Veggies+vow+to+boycott+Mars+bars/article.do)a link to the story.

Encore
07-09-09, 16:00
I don't think so.
Here's (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23396142-details/Veggies+vow+to+boycott+Mars+bars/article.do)a link to the story.

Thanks... I now checked Wikipedia and they no longer do that aparently. Thank God. Snickers is my favourite chocolate ever.

Alive_and_Funky
07-09-09, 16:01
I wasn't aware that Cadbury's chocolate wasn't available in many (if any) other countries. I kinda feel sorry for people who can't buy it now...

Agent 47
07-09-09, 16:01
Thanks... I now checked Wikipedia and they no longer do that aparently. Thank God. Snickers is my favourite chocolate ever.

it was a Marathon once upon a time :(
damn fine bar though regardless of name change :vlol:

Spong
07-09-09, 16:03
I don't think so.

God, vegetarians are so annoyingly pedantic. It was just an enzyme. It's not like they were rending huge great quantities of animal fat to put in their products.

*sigh*

Joely-Moley
07-09-09, 16:03

Yeah, it didn't last long as so many people boycotted them. It caused a huge uproar.

Encore
07-09-09, 16:04
God, vegetarians are so annoyingly pedantic. It was just an enzyme. It's not like they were rending huge great quantities of animal fat to put in their products.

*sigh*

I'm not a vegetarian and I find that disgusting mostly because it was completely unnecessary.

Spong
07-09-09, 16:04
Yeah, it didn't last long as so many people boycotted them. It caused a huge uproar.

A huge uproar? I must've missed that :confused:

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 16:05
I don't think so.

Oh, yuck. I ate many, many mars/snickers that year...

jamieoliver22
07-09-09, 16:07

Erm, what? Oreo's are heavenly.

Encore
07-09-09, 16:13
Erm, what? Oreo's are heavenly.

Haha, I agree. :D But their taste is so shockingly artificial!

Mad Tony
07-09-09, 16:14
Oh thank god. The last thing I want is Cadbury to start tasting like Hershey's or something :tea:I love Hershey bars! It's not because I like America, either. I remember last year around the 4th July my mom saw a pack somewhere and bought them for me and when I tried them I was amazed. I think they're better than any chocolate we have over here! :D Cadbury's are still good though, but I doubt this takeover would affect the actual chocolate.

*sigh*:tmb:

Forwen
07-09-09, 16:18
You've shown 'em! God save the Twirl!

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 16:20
I love Hershey bars! It's not because I like America, either. I remember last year around the 4th July my mom saw a pack somewhere and bought them for me and when I tried them I was amazed. I think they're better than any chocolate we have over here! :D Cadbury's are still good though, but I doubt this takeover would affect the actual chocolate.

:tmb:

Hershey's tasted more like a lollie to me, so much sugar! It didnt really taste like chocolate anymore. Or, it was like the cheap chocolate you get from crappy easter eggs :tea:

As for the bolded part; I know it wouldnt really affect the chocolate - afterall, kraft owns Toublerone; which I love. I just felt like stating I didnt want something so "British" going to the yanks :p

Mad Tony
07-09-09, 16:21
Hershey's tasted more like a lollie to me, so much sugar! It didnt really taste like chocolate anymore. Or, it was like the cheap chocolate you get from crappy easter eggs :tea:

As for the bolded part; I know it would really affect the chocolate - afterall, kraft owns Toublerone; which I love. I just felt like stating I didnt want something so "British" going to the yanks :pI thought American chocolate had less sugar in it, not more? :confused:

Why does it matter what nationality the company that owns it is? As long as the chocolate's good, that's all I care about. :p

SamReeves
07-09-09, 16:21
At the same token, it would be un-American for Hershey to become British. :ton:

Spong
07-09-09, 16:22
You've shown 'em! God save the Twirl!

And Wispa ;)
God knows we had to fight enough to get Cadbury to bring it back.

Mad Tony
07-09-09, 16:22
At the same token, it would be un-American for Hershey to become British. :ton:I wish it did to be honest, or at least if they started selling them over here. I WANT MORE HERSHEY BARS! :p

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 16:24
Why does it matter what nationality the company that owns it is? As long as the chocolate's good, that's all I care about. :p

Why simply for the same reasons people like nationalities attached to anything. German engineering, Italian sports cars, Swiss Chocolate, Australian Steak, American... um... Well you have Hollywood and a giant nuclear-weapon-umbrella that keeps my country out of trouble - I guess thats something.

Mad Tony
07-09-09, 16:25
Yeah but if the taste doesn't change why does it matter? I love Cadbury's, but if Craft never change the taste of anything then I'm completely fine with it.

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 16:29
I dont know, maybe Im old fashioned. Too much British Empire patriotism left in me.

Agent 47
07-09-09, 16:31
I thought American chocolate had less sugar in it, not more? :confused:

because like i said MT, some companies are embedded in a nation's psyche. plus far too many UK companies have been acquired by foreigners :(

At the same token, it would be un-American for Hershey to become British. :ton:

you actually get it :D

btw Hershey's actually distribute and market Cadbury's (under licence) in the US :vlol:

lol @ Scoopy ;)

Spong
07-09-09, 16:32
Yeah but if the taste doesn't change why does it matter? I love Cadbury's, but if Craft never change the taste of anything then I'm completely fine with it.

It's Kraft Foods ;)
And there's no guarantee they wouldn't make changes. That's why I'm opposed to it.

I dont know, maybe Im old fashioned. Too much British Empire patriotism left in me.

I'm with you on that too. Who cares if it seems a little xenophobic, I want something that's quintessentially British to stay that way.

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 16:33
I'm with you on that too. Who cares if it seems a little xenophobic, I want something that's quintessentially British to stay that way.

:tmb: Exactly, Im so glad someone gets me on this :hug:

Agent 47
07-09-09, 16:34
can we have Jaguar back too please? and Lotus :pi:

pretty please :(

Mad Tony
07-09-09, 16:35
And there's no guarantee they wouldn't make changes. That's why I'm opposed to it.Do you know that for sure though? You're just assuming. From a business point of view, I seriously doubt it. They'd loose a lot of money if they changed the taste of something as big as Cadbury's Milk Chocolate. Until I actually know whether or not they're gonna change the taste, I'm on the fence.

Chocola teapot
07-09-09, 16:36
Ha! Ive tasted Hersheys and and it tastes of crap :tmb:

You go Cadbury's, Retain your quality and your Britishness! :D

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 16:36
can we have Jaguar back too please? and Lotus :pi:

pretty please :(

:tmb: Poor Jaguar, she misses Queen and Country

Spong
07-09-09, 16:39
Do you know that for sure though? You're just assuming.

I can't be sure, that's why I said there was no guarantee. And that's why I oppose it, unless any potential buyer signs some kind of contract to the effect that they wouldn't make changes. But even then, Cadbury would no longer be the British institution it has become (if they were to be bought out by a foreign company). I certainly don't want that at all.

Mad Tony
07-09-09, 16:41
I can't be sure, that's why I said there was no guarantee. And that's why I oppose it, unless any potential buyer signs some kind of contract to the effect that they wouldn't make changes. But even then, Cadbury would no longer be the British institution it has become (if they were to be bought out by a foreign company). I certainly don't want that at all.Well, I'm with you about your concern over the possibility of the taste being changed. I wouldn't exactly be bothered about Cadbury's becoming "foreign" though.

Catapharact
07-09-09, 16:43
But even then, Cadbury would no longer be the British institution it has become (if they were to be bought out by a foreign company). I certainly don't want that at all.

And that is exactly why most corporations end up getting bankrupt; They end up limiting their customer base, stick with old concepts for the sake of protectionism, don't expand their given markets and end up getting cleaned out; Jaguar and Lotus would be prime examples of that.

In case of Cadbury, they really don't have much to gain by letting a U.S. corporation owning the majority shares since they already have a strong market in the U.S. and around the world.

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 16:45
*loves that in this Pro-national icon-brands thread, a Middle Easterner is encouraging a capitalist approach* :vlol:

Agent 47
07-09-09, 16:48
:tmb: Poor Jaguar, she misses Queen and Country

Aston came home thanks to Dave Richards and a consortium :D

I can't be sure, that's why I said there was no guarantee. And that's why I oppose it, unless any potential buyer signs some kind of contract to the effect that they wouldn't make changes. But even then, Cadbury would no longer be the British institution it has become (if they were to be bought out by a foreign company). I certainly don't want that at all.

i agree with that. Cadbury's are doing quite well making a hefty profit. they don't need to sell. like the guy says in the article. 10.6 billion is undervaluing the company. Cadbury know it's worth more

Legend 4ever
07-09-09, 16:49
Great story. I love Cadbury's chocolate.

Catapharact
07-09-09, 16:50
*loves that in this Pro-national icon-brands thread, a Middle Easterner is encouraging a capitalist approach* :vlol:

Just speaking from experience when it comes to the advantages of forigen investment ;).

Mad Tony
07-09-09, 16:50
Great story. I love Cadbury's chocolate.Cadbury's would still exist afterwards.

Legend 4ever
07-09-09, 16:53
Well, it's never the same when companies merge or sell a lot of their shares. This was a good move. Especially because its about TRADITION!

Lemmie
07-09-09, 16:53
Good news, and it's nice to see a British company stay British. :)

I prefer real chocolate without quite as much milk, sugar and vegetable fats though.

Agent 47
07-09-09, 17:00
can i just say i'd feel the same if Paramount Pictures went ahead and merged with Sony or Universal Pictures.

something's simply shouldn't happen.

like Cat admits himself, Cadbury's already have a good global base. if the company was in serious financial difficulties then you could see logic to potentially selling up, but they're not so :D

Eddie Haskell
07-09-09, 17:03
it was a Marathon once upon a time :(
damn fine bar though regardless of name change :vlol:

Incorrect. The Snickers has been around a long, long time. That and the 3 Musketeers, Milky Way and the Mars Bar. The Marathon bar was one of my favorites as a boy, but they discontinued it long ago. My all-time favorite however has always been the Payday.

I never liked Cadbury's chocolate, but I always fell for Nestles.

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 17:04
can i just say i'd feel the same if Paramount Pictures went ahead and merged with Sony or Universal Pictures.

something's simply shouldn't happen.

like Cat admits himself, Cadbury's already have a good global base. if the company was in serious financial difficulties then you could see logic to potentially selling up, but they're not so :D

:tmb:

Angel666
07-09-09, 17:07
Incorrect. The Snickers has been around a long, long time. That and the 3 Musketeers, Milky Way and the Mars Bar. The Marathon bar was one of my favorites as a boy, but they discontinued it long ago. My all-time favorite however has always been the Payday.

Mmmmm... Milky Way. I've had Cadbury's and can't say I cared for it. My grandmother LOVES it however. :)

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 17:11
Milky Way are fantastic. They're my favourite after plain chocolate varieties.

Agent 47
07-09-09, 17:13

ok Eddie i know nothing. sorry to be ignorant of my own country. i must have imagined the whole name change thing :vlol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snickers

TombRaiderCool
07-09-09, 17:24
I canít say it bothers me too much. I donít really like Cadburyís or Kraftís chocolate. But if thatís what they believed was right, itís good to see they stuck by that choice. :)

*sigh*

Speak for yourself! So I take to you mean like me, Iím a vegetarian. Bit of a sweeping generalization there.

Why should it matter anyway, whether it is an ounce or kilogram included in the product. Itís still a product of the animal, and if people refuse to eat it that is there choice. I doubt very many vegetarians will decide just to eat it anyway because it was only an animal enzyme included.

Spong
07-09-09, 17:27
Speak for yourself! So I take to you mean like me, I’m a vegetarian. Bit of a sweeping generalization there.

Fair point. I should have said they can be annoyingly pedantic, not they are annoyingly pedantic.

Love2Raid
07-09-09, 17:37
yep

its okay now though

When was this???!!! :eek:

*starts feeling sick*

Trigger_happy
07-09-09, 17:38
Yes, us Brits still make something. Just thinking of them joining with like Hershey's or Kraft is revolting- no pretend chocolate or spray on cheese for us.

tomblover
07-09-09, 17:39
Lucky for us we have more or less a Swedish Cadbury copycat over here. :whi: Gotta love Marabou.

Eddie Haskell
07-09-09, 17:40
ok Eddie i know nothing. sorry to be ignorant of my own country. i must have imagined the whole name change thing :vlol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snickers

Look (http://www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm) :)

One more (http://www.victoryseeds.com/candystore/confectioners/news/news_marathon_bar.htm).

Spong
07-09-09, 17:46
Look (http://www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm) :)

One more (http://www.victoryseeds.com/candystore/confectioners/news/news_marathon_bar.htm).

So a Curly Wurly was known as a Marathon? That's mad. Snickers was always known as Marathon over here.

Eddie Haskell
07-09-09, 17:48
So a Curly Wurly was known as a Marathon? That's mad. Snickers was always known as Marathon over here.

Actually no. Info:

Note: The "American" Marathon Bar is not to be confused with the "English" Marathon Bar. The British confection was a chocolate, caramel, and peanut bar sold in the U.S. under the familiar name, Snickers. Mars renamed the British Marathon to Snickers in the early 1990s.

Cadbury's Curly Wurly (Marathon) BarTo confuse matters even more, Cadbury sells a bar called "Curly Wurly" that is nearly identical to the old Mars Marathon bar. Right now it is only sold into Germany, New Zealand, Netherlands, Canary Islands, Canada, France, Spain, Malta, Ireland, Faroes, Iceland, and the UK.

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 17:50
Curly Wurly's are sold in Australia too. I used to get one every wednesday in Primary school :D

Angel666
07-09-09, 17:50
I never understood the Snickers phenomenon. Maybe it's because I don't like peanuts. :p And I've always wondered what exactly is inside the cadbury's creme egg. :confused: In all my days I've never heard of Curly Wurly Chocolate. Hmm.

Trigger_happy
07-09-09, 17:54
They're better warmish- when they're cold, all the chocolate shatters and falls off.

And Fudges are better...

Spong
@Eddie
Oh right, so a Marathon bar and a Curly Wurly are/were made by separate companies?
Man, that's confusing :o

Love2Raid
http://i25.************/351v2iv.jpg
:cool:

AKA 'Twix'

Oh, and Snickers are yummy!!! :jmp:

Spong
07-09-09, 17:57
All this talk of chocolate bars, I think it's high time I ruin it. Ladies and gentlemen, pray silence please for...the deep fried Mars bar:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3t6QaeRDpUc/R5fIX6T-iyI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/JGSvQrwWbAM/s1600/deep-fried%2Bmarsbar.jpg

*wretches*

jackles
07-09-09, 17:57
Marathon changed its name to snickers..a move we thought terribly American.
Treets changed their name to minstrels...(wtf I thought)
Opal fruits became...something..I have forgotten...

As a long time chocolate eater I can still remember the horror of name changes..I was scarred..for life!!

curly wurlies have always been named that....but they have damn well shrunk! ;)

Spong
07-09-09, 17:58

Starburst ;) (I hate that name)

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 17:59
They're better warmish- when they're cold, all the chocolate shatters and falls off.

And Fudges are better...

Fudge is an american invention though :ton:

(well I say "invention" apprently, it all started from a "fudged" batch of caramels :D )

jackles
07-09-09, 18:00
Thanks Spong! It isn't chocolate hence I forgot. :D Though I am now remembering the mint version called Pacers.

Aztec bar was lush!!

Eddie Haskell
07-09-09, 18:00
Marathon changed its name to snickers..a move we thought terribly American.
Treets changed their name to minstrels...(wtf I thought)

As a long time chocolate eater I can still remember the horror of name changes..I was scarred..for life!!

curly wurlies have always been named that....but they have damn well shrunk! ;)

Well, considering the Snickers was American anyway it shouldn't have mattered much. Now if they try and change the Curly Wurly to the Twisty Wisty than you might have a beef... :)

jackles
07-09-09, 18:02
Well, considering the Snickers was American anyway it shouldn't have mattered much. Now if they try and change the Curly Wurly to the Twisty Wisty than you might have a beef... :)

Don't tempt fate!!! :D

hey you know what us brits are like......;)

Trigger_happy
07-09-09, 18:09
Fudge is an american invention though :ton:

(well I say "invention" apprently, it all started from a "fudged" batch of caramels :D )

No, I meant Fudge bars. The Cadbury's ones, with real chocolate on them:

http://www.chocolatebuttons.co.uk/images/cbuttons/expanded_pics/chocolate_bars/cadbury_fudge.jpg

And doesn't American fudge have chocolate in or something funny?

Angel666
07-09-09, 18:13
It's all chocolate. At least when I make it. There's a bunch of flavors but my favorite is the plain chocolate. The way I make it is just one and a half bag of chocolate chips, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, and a dash of salt. Melt it in a pan over low heat, spread it on wax paper in a pan and put it in the fridge til it hardens. Bam! Fudge. You could put nuts or something in there if you wanted to I guess. Fudge seems to me to be a more home made kind of thing. Or they have special fudge shops sometimes. But I don't think you can just buy it like a normal candy bar. At least in my experience.

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 18:14
I was talking about the origin of "fudge" from a couple centuries ago... Not a brand of chocolate. And it comes in many, many, many flavours - if its an icecream flavour, there's probably a fudge equivalent.

Trigger_happy
07-09-09, 18:21
It's all chocolate. At least when I make it. There's a bunch of flavors but my favorite is the plain chocolate. The way I make it is just one and a half bag of chocolate chips, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, and a dash of salt. Melt it in a pan over low heat, spread it on wax paper in a pan and put it in the fridge til it hardens. Bam! Fudge. You could put nuts or something in there if you wanted to I guess. Fudge seems to me to be a more home made kind of thing. Or they have special fudge shops sometimes. But I don't think you can just buy it like a normal candy bar. At least in my experience.

Oh. Here, fudge is just fudge, no chocolate. The special version is made with proper clotted cream, but chocolate covered is well rare.

http://www.cornishcandyshop.com/_wp_generated/wp8a31d032_0f.jpg

You can buy it in bars in like garden centres and supermarkets- normally, its in a pale blue packet. I don't buy it though, as i could eat it all in one sitting.

jackles
07-09-09, 18:21
*sings* a finger of fudge is just enough to give the kids a treat!
a finger of fudge is just enough until it's time to eat!

Oh come on...how many of you sang that when you saw the picture of the uk fudge?

I used to use that song to entice my mum to allow me to eat one. Plus 'milky ways..the sweet you can eat between meals' The food police wouldn't allow that nowadays!

Trigger_happy
07-09-09, 18:22
*sings* a finger of fudge is just enough to give the kids a treat!
a finger of fudge is just enough until it's time to eat!

Don't remind me. My mate managed to corrupt it. I hear nothing but dirt now.

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 18:23
Fudge is amazing. Id accept fudge over sexual favours from Brad Pitt any day.

Well... maybe not. But a close second ;)

Angel666
07-09-09, 18:23
So is it like a carmel kind of thing?

Agent 47
07-09-09, 18:31

i never said anything about Snickers, only that it was called a Marathon over here (god knows why though) :vlol:

as for Curly Wurly, you see i like those :D they better not have a name change :vlol:

Trigger_happy
07-09-09, 18:35
So is it like a carmel kind of thing?

Sort of. Toffee is the hard brittle and darker stuff. Caramel is much thinner and runnier- you could pour it and stir it. Fudge is a bit like a fondant, like a peppermint cream. Its firm, but easily squished and melts if it gets too hot. I guess its a bit like caramel, but with added milk or cream. What does American fudge look like?

Angel666
07-09-09, 18:41
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/Sentinel_247/Chocolate_Fudge_Recipe1.jpg

It's more or less squares of chocolate and it's generally the consistency you described.

Love2Raid
07-09-09, 18:43
Whatever it's called, it looks delicious! *drools*

Angel666
07-09-09, 18:44
Hahaha it is indeed. :) One of my favorite sweets, although I can't eat a lot at one time. :(

Eddie Haskell
07-09-09, 19:03
Sort of. Toffee is the hard brittle and darker stuff. Caramel is much thinner and runnier- you could pour it and stir it. Fudge is a bit like a fondant, like a peppermint cream. Its firm, but easily squished and melts if it gets too hot. I guess its a bit like caramel, but with added milk or cream. What does American fudge look like?

Love Toffee. I have not had a Heath bar in ages...:(

xXhayleyroxXx
07-09-09, 19:14
In what way? I mean, feeding Mars bars to animals isn't my idea of cruel.

no, mars aren't just a chocolate company you know

they do domestic products and dog food

its the domestic products that test on animals

Eddie Haskell
07-09-09, 19:19
no, mars aren't just a chocolate company you know

they do domestic products and dog food

its the domestic products that test on animals

Travel around the world as I have. You would be sick if you witnessed how supposed "pets" are treated in many countries. No matter what "horrors" you believe exist in the western world pertaining to animals and pets, it pales in comparison to many of the other places that I have seen. Not saying that this somehow condones mistreatment on any level or anyplace, but relatively speaking the animals here in the west are more than pampered.

xXhayleyroxXx
07-09-09, 19:20
Travel around the world as I have. You would be sick if you witnessed how supposed "pets" are treated in many countries. No matter what "horrors" you believe exist in the western world pertaining to animals and pets, it pales in comparison to many of the other places that I have seen. Not saying that this somehow condones mistreatment on any level or anyplace, but relatively speaking the animals here in the west are more than pampered.

i know its disgusting!

:o

Dennis's Mom
08-09-09, 14:58
For Eddie (and anyone else old enough to remember:)

yGgybB49Tos

I used to like them too. Biggest candy bar you could get for your quarter.

I don't think the sale is completely off. I read they didn't like the price.

Angel666
08-09-09, 15:19
:vlol: :vlol: Best candy commercial ever. :jmp:

Encore
08-09-09, 15:28

I'm not informed to talk about this Mars situation but my moral principles aren't exactly relative to the place of the world we're talking about. I mean, whether or not animals are LESS abused in the west is completely irrelevent when we're talking about the abuse that still happens in developed countries.

It's exactly the same with human rights, many people think it's OK to ignore violations of human rights when they happen in the West or by western countries because generally speaking we're so much better off here! I fail to see why.

xXhayleyroxXx
08-09-09, 15:37
has anybody had cadbury clusters? they're lurshhh

and i love the buttons yummy

scremanie
08-09-09, 15:40
We has Cadbury's in Australia :)

we have a few factories. Major one is in Tasmania I think :)

xXhayleyroxXx
08-09-09, 15:42
We has Cadbury's in Australia :)

we have a few factories. Major one is in Tasmania I think :)

'cause australia is part of the uk isnt it? it has the british flag anyway

i feel so stupid today lol

i lovvve cadburys

scremanie
08-09-09, 15:53

i lovvve cadburys

LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL!!!

:ton::ton:

lol, I am sorry :p

But.. I think we're descents from English convicts :)

I know that my family is of English, Irish and Italian heritage :)

patriots88888
08-09-09, 15:55
I don't like Cadbury's chocolates. :p Snickers bars FTW! :ohn:

xXhayleyroxXx
08-09-09, 15:58
LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL!!!

:ton::ton:

lol, I am sorry :p

But.. I think we're descents from English convicts :)

I know that my family is of English, Irish and Italian heritage :)

why are you sorry, im the dip****:ton: hehe

and kewl XD

Minty Mouth
08-09-09, 16:01

http://**********************************/images/0/0e/WTF.gif

im sorry I couldnt resist.

adventurerLara
08-09-09, 16:02

i lovvve cadburys

Australia was once ruled by the British Empire. Therefore, the Union Jack is incorporated into the Australian flag. ;)

Encore
08-09-09, 16:03

hahahah :vlol: *saves*

IceColdLaraCroft
08-09-09, 17:13
Kraft is owned by Phillip Morris who makes cigarettes

I'm proud of Cadburry

xXhayleyroxXx
08-09-09, 17:33

Australia was once ruled by the British Empire. Therefore, the Union Jack is incorporated into the Australian flag. ;)

i did say i was being stupid :cln::ton:

ECB
09-09-09, 16:55
All MINE :cln:

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4962033/untitled-main_Full.jpg

sephiroth99
09-09-09, 17:38
you've got the wrong creme egg there :P

canadian creme egg ftw

http://imgur.com/qGqqI.jpg