PDA

View Full Version : Facebook fan check virus

January_Snow*
07-09-09, 22:20
Ok, so yesterday I did the fan check application of facebook, and today after I came from school, I saw that my homepage has gone mental with old statuses from my friends, anyway a friend than sent me a messige telling me how fan check app gives your account a virus that makes your homepage display old statuses and much more, so I dont know what to do :( I deleted the pic the app made, and I removed it but nothing has changed, there are still old statuses :( Can anyone help me?

Hermina94
07-09-09, 22:22
I just heard something about that virus from one of my friends ^^ I didn't do the fan check thing,nor the all my friends appliaction,so i can't help you...

Tombraiderx08
07-09-09, 22:23
imma delete that app now :D

*richietrent*
07-09-09, 22:24
Ive just notices this too! Try signing out, then back in again. Report it.

January_Snow*
07-09-09, 22:27
Okay I think it works well now :D
I deleted my pic, removed all my tags, and removed and blocked the app
but the thing that bothers me, when I type it in the search bar it pops out like I still have it, but I removed it and blocked it :(

DaNoNeMoKiId
07-09-09, 22:33
I never had that problem before, hmm now when I go on fancheck it says "upgrade in progress" so the status probably was just a glitch?

MattTR
07-09-09, 22:34
I rarely do aps, and I never get viruses, guess I'll stay away from that one regardless.. :whi:

viper456
07-09-09, 22:38
I wondered what was up with my statues! Deleted the ap and untagged all the pics and its working fine now :)

Mokono
07-09-09, 22:38
Thank you, sense, for avoiding me to install any facebook app.

scoopy_loopy
07-09-09, 22:47
I was *so* close to using this app the other day. Then I realised I really didnt care who visited my page the most :p

January_Snow*
07-09-09, 23:17
It started ****ing up again :( :( :mad::mad::mad:

thecentaur
07-09-09, 23:36
I don't think it has to do with the app; my page had old statuses earlier today. But when it was done for, i looked at the URL and momentarily, i saw "new.facebook.com" before it went back to just "facebook.com" maybe it was a server upgrade or something weird like that?

Johnnay
07-09-09, 23:39
I never had that problem before, hmm now when I go on fancheck it says "upgrade in progress" so the status probably was just a glitch?

lol i wanted to go to that. it did say there was a problem that facebook and the maker of bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeh and bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh were sorting out

i didnt know it was a virus:(

Dia2blo
08-09-09, 03:47
That's incredibly worrying :S It's why i feel paranoid whenever i use an app.

larafan25
08-09-09, 03:50
I don't bother with facebook enough to know what fan check is, but when I was on yesturday I saw that a friend had done it(whatever you do) and had the same problem most likely...hence "**** fan check!"

but I am not sure what you would do to get rid of it or avoid it:)

tonyme
08-09-09, 08:17
Oh wow this is so weird! :eek:

My friend made the fan check thing and I said okay let's do it too, I installed it and stuff and allowed the uploads, etc, but it wouldn't work for some reason, it says Facebook encountered an error. Maybe it's my antivirus/firewall stopping the eventual attack? Today Fan Check says it's adding new features, etc. are they fixing the virus? Who knows :rolleyes:

CuteKittenlol
08-09-09, 09:12
My facebook's been being a complete ass for the past month, well before i used Fan Check. Not loading, error messages, not saving comments or status's i write and of course showing me status's and other news feed crap for like 2 days previous :/

tonyme
08-09-09, 09:18
My facebook's been being a complete ass for the past month, well before i used Fan Check. Not loading, error messages, not saving comments or status's i write and of course showing me status's and other news feed crap for like 2 days previous :/

Woops! :confused:

Your_Envy*
08-09-09, 09:26
I wondered what was up with my statues! Deleted the ap and untagged all the pics and its working fine now :)

I was wondering the same! I didn't delete anything and I think it works fine now, but I know what to do now, thanks. :D

stranger1992
08-09-09, 11:54
http://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?networks#/editapps.php?ref=mb

follow that link to get directly to Fancheck to delete it :)

tonyme
08-09-09, 11:56
I deleted the application, but I can't quit their fan page!

TRULuverzz
08-09-09, 12:11
oh my thats sad! i'll make sure neva to do anyany fanchecks :pi:

kristi
08-09-09, 15:02
Yeah,I got that too.Strangely Facebook just showed old posts in the news feed(like 2-3 days old).My friend warned us by a message,and I removed any traces FanCheck had in my profile.I can say everything's OK now.

badboy70
08-09-09, 17:10
Strange, I used the fan Check app and it didn't affect me?
Neither did it affect my friends. :confused:

Larapink
10-09-09, 14:04
Yes I have had this problem with old statuses but I had no idea it was a virus! :confused::eek::(

Have Facebook technical team fixed this issue with the virus yet?? :(

The fan check application annoys me so much!!

kristi
10-09-09, 14:09
There we go again:there is still a problem with the old posts.Darn...>:(

@Larapink:It really annoys me too.It filled my email with useless junk from notification.Bah!

CuteKittenlol
10-09-09, 14:44
Atm i have absolutely no news feed at all, and i havent got fan check on :/ Tbh Facecrap's really annoying me with playing up all the damn time *goes off to write an angry email*

Larapink
10-09-09, 19:46
@Larapink:It really annoys me too.It filled my email with useless junk from notification.Bah!
That's exactly the problem! :( I hope facebook delete that application it's more trouble than it's worth and it doesn't really show who is really 'stalking' you! :p

pinklaralover
10-09-09, 21:56
I take It I have a virus then.
Holy ****.

Alex Shepherd
10-09-09, 22:47
There are other viruses had been appeared through facebook, when you take a quiz and seeing for the result, you'll gonna recieve a message on the page that someone has a crush on you, or love you, or you have a message on a yellow moving color, so WATCH OUT!!!!