PDA

View Full Version : England qualify for the world cup!

Titanium
09-09-09, 21:03
Congratulations to our team for making it eight wins out of eight and hammering croatia! (Sorry Tomb Raider Master) :)

Nice to see us back to winning ways once again.

moodydog
09-09-09, 21:22
i know! !hhaa

4-1

one great step up towards world cup

a lot more more exciting then last game against slovenia

xx_Hunt_xx
09-09-09, 21:44
Yay to us...i guess!

Mad Tony
09-09-09, 22:13
I think they should have a British team instead of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. :p Kudos to them though. Doubt I'll be supporting anyone seriously in 2010, but I shall certainly be watching it. Go Brazil. :D

Lee croft
09-09-09, 22:14
Eww football :p

Lara's Nemesis
09-09-09, 22:20
I think they should have a British team instead of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. :p Kudos to them though. Doubt I'll be supporting anyone seriously in 2010, but I shall certainly be watching it. Go Brazil. :D

Don't like that idea. Couldn't really see any Scotland players getting in the squad for a GB team.

Unfortunately Scotland got knocked out tonight by the Netherlands. They played well but were a bit unlucky on the night:(

I think England have a good chance at the World Cup next year (unfortunately:D). They have a really good manager now who is a born winner.

Encore
09-09-09, 22:44
Go Brazil. :D

Please. Brazil are the most overrated national team in the world.

Mad Tony
09-09-09, 22:47
Please. Brazil are the most overrated national team in the world.I've always loved Brazil. I think they're a really fun team to watch :)

Encore
09-09-09, 22:48
Perhaps they were indeed brilliant some years ago, but more and more in the past competitions I seen them win only out of luck or against really crappy adversaries. They're no match for Argentina, in terms of talent. :ohn:

Mad Tony
09-09-09, 22:55
Argentina? Lol. They're the ones who used to be good. :p They only made it to the quarter finals in Germany in 2006 and they didn't even make it past the group stages in 2002!

Encore
09-09-09, 23:09
Argentina? Lol. They're the ones who used to be good. :p They only made it to the quarter finals in Germany in 2006 and they didn't even make it past the group stages in 2002!

So did Brazil. :p
Argentina plays a much more entertaining football, they mix a bit of european strategy with fiery south american style. They also have fantastic players on their team right now. In terms of good football and good players, Argentina is much better than Brazil IMO.

Lara's Nemesis
10-09-09, 22:36
Argentina plays a much more entertaining football, they mix a bit of european strategy with fiery south american style. They also have fantastic players on their team right now. In terms of good football and good players, Argentina is much better than Brazil IMO.

Argentina are struggling to qualify for the World Cup. They lost 3-1 to Brazil at the weekend and 1 nil to Paraguay last night. I think they do have great players but have a bad manager in Diego Maradona.

Anyway I've always heard that Portugal prided themselves as being the European version of Brazil.:p

xXhayleyroxXx
10-09-09, 22:40
awesome news :cln:

im not actually much into sports but i like it when we achieve stuff as a country :)

Mad Tony
10-09-09, 22:44
Argentina plays a much more entertaining football, they mix a bit of european strategy with fiery south american style. They also have fantastic players on their team right now. In terms of good football and good players, Argentina is much better than Brazil IMO.Ah but Brazil won the world cup in 2002, reached the final in 1998 and won it in 1994. :p

Encore
10-09-09, 22:45
^ Brazil won more titles than any other team I think. I obviously wasn't talking about results, I was just saying that people always go like "Oh, Brazil is so good, I love watching their beautiful football" and yet, for me, Argentina is more entertaining to watch. :)

Anyway I've always heard that Portugal prided themselves as being the European version of Brazil.:p

:vlol: I said I didn't like Brazil as much as Argentina, I didn't say Brazil was a crappy team. If there's portuguese people that say that, they're kidding themselves! :o

TRhalloween
10-09-09, 22:53
Glasgow was filled with big loud Scottish people which I guess was because of something related to Scotland and football. People take it way too seriously.

stereopathic
10-09-09, 22:53
congrats, england! :tmb: we got much closer to locking in a world cup berth with a win over T&T last night. :)

Mad Tony
10-09-09, 22:55
Apparently North Korea have qualified for the 2010 world cup. That'll be interesting lol.

Sir Croft
10-09-09, 22:57
World Cup is the only thing that makes sit in front of the tv for 90 minutes watching 22 men chasing the ball :p

Apparently North Korea have qualified for the 2010 world cup. That'll be interesting lol.

I'm starting to worry. Beware of the nuke balls.

Lemmie
10-09-09, 22:57
Glasgow was filled with big loud Scottish people which I guess was because of something related to Scotland and football. People take it way too seriously.

When is Glasgow not full of loud Scottish people? :D

Congratulations to England! :tmb:

Lara's Nemesis
10-09-09, 22:59

:D Scotland were playing Holland on Wednesday night. We lost 1 nil and got knocked out of the World Cup.:(

The tartan army are crazy.:p

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that. Bill Shankly, legendary Scottish manager of Liverpool.

Lemmie :vlol:

Encore
10-09-09, 23:01

What you mean "take it way too seriously"?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad: :cen::cen:
http://i27.************/rtks9k.jpg

...jk :pi::ton:

Lemmie
10-09-09, 23:04
The tartan army are crazy.:p

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that. Bill Shankly, legendary Scottish manager of Liverpool.

Lemmie :vlol:

Like the quote!

It's okay though, there're plenty of loud people in Edinburgh. But they are more varied in nationality and tend to be drowned out by the bagpipes. :p

Lara's Nemesis
10-09-09, 23:08
Like the quote!

It's okay though, there're plenty of loud people in Edinburgh. But they are more varied in nationality and tend to be drowned out by the bagpipes. :p

I've enjoyed my visits to both Edinburgh and Glasgow, they are very different tho.

There always seems to be a lot of rugby fans in Edinburgh, they are probably even more obnoxious that football fans.:(

Spong
10-09-09, 23:09
Eww football :p

^^That.

Encore
10-09-09, 23:13
Here we go...

CerebralAssassin
10-09-09, 23:35
meh...doesn't make a difference...they won't go far in the finals anyway!!:p