PDA

View Full Version : Is Lara an art buff?

LaraLuvrrr
10-09-09, 04:00
I was just wondering if Lara is really an art buff deep down inside... Because I'm taking a history of art class and learning about ancient artifacts which I guess can be considered ancient art.

And Lara collects so much ancient "art" and displays it in her home and stuff... I wonder if she were really living if she would be kind of like an ancient art dealer

Has there ever been paintings or art in the TR games or have they always just been artifacts? I remember one game having something to do with obscura paintings...

SpaceChild
10-09-09, 04:11
No, she's buff art. :D

'Sorry - couldn't resist.

An art dealer, hmmm... It would definitely fit as a side hobby, but you've gotta think she'd get bored fast with all that sitting around the gallery chit-chatting and wine-sipping.

rowanlim
10-09-09, 04:21
I think there're 2 types of art collection in her home: family collection & personal collection. Her family's collection would be the paintings that art buffs from her...family collected :p

Her personal collection is the artifacts (may or may not be art) that she's obtained over the years. I don't think she's an art buff, more of a history buff :)

LaraLuvrrr
10-09-09, 04:22
No, she's buff art. :D

'Sorry - couldn't resist.

An art dealer, hmmm... It would definitely fit as a side hobby, but you've gotta think she'd get bored fast with all that sitting around the gallery chit-chatting and wine-sipping.

Well perhaps she would go and fetch ancient art herself and then also do what she has to do to take it from other art dealers lol

Angel666
10-09-09, 15:32
Well, in Angel of Darkness she was after the Obscura Paintings.

irjudd
10-09-09, 15:34
I guess if you're into psychoanalyzing a fictional personality, yeah she could be anything you want.

Larapink
10-09-09, 15:34
Yes, I think Lara appreciates art. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
10-09-09, 15:35
yep i reckon she is - shes always admiring views, collecting artefacts and admiring paintings/sculptures

adventurerLara
10-09-09, 15:42
I suppose, appreciating all forms of art comes as a secondary purpose to her 'hobby'. But I don't think she knows art as well as, for instance, an art critic. She still has much to learn in that respect.

Spong
Is Lara an art buff?

Nope. She's a thief and a murderer ;)

Rivendell
Has there ever been paintings or art in the TR games or have they always just been artifacts? I remember one game having something to do with obscura paintings...

Technically she wasn't after them for their artwork though, but to stop Eckhardt getting what was inside the paintings.

Rai
10-09-09, 15:57
I think she probably appreciates art in its various forms, but I wouldn't say she was an art buff as such. She's like a magpie who gathers 'pretty' things. But in saying that if there happens to be art in the vicinity she doesn't seem too concerned if it gets damaged during one of her raids.