PDA

View Full Version : Sound Proofing Help?

Lavinder
10-09-09, 17:26
I've recently bought some headphones, and they're great but unfortunately there is a big problem. As you can see here they have large holes, in the ear section which lets sound travel out - unfortunately I share a room with my sister so this is not really acceptable.

http://www.dclstore.co.uk/images/products/genius-headset-and-microphone-ret-hs-04v-l.jpg

I cannot stuff the holes as the headset comes with a vibration function and it would affect the overall effect - I just want to cover the holes with something that is very good at insulating sound.

I Need A Map
10-09-09, 18:59
There is really nothing you can do about the sound leakage from your headphones your options are if you want to pay a mental amount of cash you could get some decent studio headphones with the closed ear cups or go for a pair of Sennheiser HD280's they are the best for what you need and a fair price...

Chocola teapot
10-09-09, 19:00
Sorry, I think you're going to have to buy a new pair :/

Lavinder
10-09-09, 19:03
I've just bought this headset, so I'm not planning on buying another :p.

I'm pretty sure I can do it, I'll show you the gaps but it's on a different model but very similar.

http://techgage.com/reviews/genius/hs04v_hs04u/genius_hs04v_06_thumb.jpg

sheepydee
10-09-09, 19:04
Why dont you just tape up the holes? XD

Lavinder
10-09-09, 19:06
Why dont you just tape up the holes? XD

I don't know if tape would be thick enough - I was thinking about using some adhesive sound proofing foam but they're all too large and expensive.

sheepydee
10-09-09, 19:07
I don't know if tape would be thick enough - I was thinking about using some adhesive sound proofing foam but they're all too large and expensive.
maybe a few layers of duck tape??

Chocola teapot
10-09-09, 19:11
Polyfiller? :p

CroftGameGirl
10-09-09, 19:14
Maybe tape foam into the holes? Maybe bits of sponge of something :o

Lavinder
10-09-09, 19:35
maybe a few layers of duck tape??

Just done this, seems to have helped - headset looks a mess but it fixes my problem!

Makes it sound better as well, seeing as the sound it not escaping.

sheepydee
10-09-09, 19:40
Just done this, seems to have helped - headset looks a mess but it fixes my problem!

Makes it sound better as well, seeing as the sound it not escaping.
:):) , well... its better than nothing :D