PDA

View Full Version : Whos LBGT?

\Tomb Raider/
10-09-09, 18:23
i was just wondering who all here in the forums are LBGT, i am opened mined person and don't want to offened anyone im just curious how many love TR , i hope i dont get in trouble by this :o

Nannonxyay
10-09-09, 18:25
There is a community dedicated to all the LGBT members on here. :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/group.php?groupid=19

MattTR
10-09-09, 18:27
I'm in the GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) club at my college.. I'm the poster boy.. :vlol:.. not, I wish.

Anyways I'm excited, I've got a meeting for it in a few hours actually, it really is a great and loving community at my college, made a bunch of new friends there and there's really open mindedness there. :)

Dina_Croft
10-09-09, 18:28
LBGT What?

Nannonxyay
10-09-09, 18:31
LBGT What?

Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Gay and Transgendered. :)

moodydog
10-09-09, 18:51
i'm none of them; but tbh.. there should also be a 'general straight' thread... :D
seems that there has been gay threads but no hetro- threads :p

Larapink
10-09-09, 19:44
I'm not. :p I agree with you moodydog.:tmb:

toxicraider
10-09-09, 19:47
I see you found the nice group :p

i'm none of them; but tbh.. there should also be a 'general straight' thread... :D
There's no general gay thread :confused:
But a straight thread/group just wouldn't work imo.

tombraiderluka
10-09-09, 20:06
Seconded :)

CroftGameGirl
10-09-09, 20:19
I see you found the nice group :p

There's no general gay thread :confused:
But a straight thread/group just wouldn't work imo.

There is a social group :tmb: And I'm sure there was a thread, just probably got buried somewhere after the group was made :p

Nannonxyay
10-09-09, 20:21
There's no straight threads because there's just not as many things to discuss. On the gay thread, we discuss our struggles of coming out and how our families dealt with it, etc. Plus, being straight is socially more accepted, so having a gay thread is good for gay people who feel prejeduced against so that they can discuss with fellow gay members their struggles and engage in a conversation which they feel accepted in. :)

Apathetic
10-09-09, 20:22
There's no straight threads because there's just not as many things to discuss. On the gay thread, we discuss our struggles of coming out and how our families dealt with it, etc. Plus, being straight is socially more accepted, so having a gay thread is good for gay people who feel prejeduced against so that they can discuss with fellow gay members their struggles and engage in a conversation which they feel accepted in. :)

;) :tmb:

tomblover
10-09-09, 20:23
But a straight thread/group just wouldn't work imo. Since about 3/5 of the forum would be in it. :p

toxicraider
10-09-09, 20:27

Exactly :)
Barely anyone would bother to join a straight group because it's generally assumed you're straight, making lists of famous straight people really wouldn't be interesting, and all of this. :p

^^
Also true, it would be like open chat, spammy and off topic, with no real reason for existing :p.

Mad Tony
10-09-09, 21:14
Exactly :)
Barely anyone would bother to join a straight group because it's generally assumed you're straight, making lists of famous straight people really wouldn't be interesting, and all of this. :pTo be honest I don't assume anything about people's sexuality on here, because I'd say there are probably just as many gay and bisexual people here than there are straight people.

I still don't see why there are so many threads about this though. There's one like almost every week. Is being gay really that much of a big deal? Most people here are pretty open minded and don't really care if a person is gay or straight. It's not normally a defining point of someone's personality.

Lee croft
10-09-09, 21:16

You said it! :) :tmb:

lita212
10-09-09, 22:45
im male to female transsexual

TRhalloween
10-09-09, 22:48
These threads are annoying.

Nerd For Life
10-09-09, 22:48
These threads are annoying.

Yes, they are.

larafan25
10-09-09, 22:57
everyone in the gay community group:)

edit: I totally agree with Nannonxyay

and I don;t get why soooo many people find these threads annoying....I mean we can get into some pretty deep and mature discussions which I love:)

being gay reminds me of the judicial system...innocent untill proven guilty:p

Tombraiderx08
10-09-09, 22:58
There are social groups for this, theres really no need >.>

larafan25
10-09-09, 23:14
^no need to islate the conversation in the group when we can talk here(besides thats where all the dirty stuff goes on;).........)

LOL no ..

Mad Tony
10-09-09, 23:15
The odd thread here and there is ok, but come on, is there any need for a gay thread practically every week?

Lee croft
10-09-09, 23:16
^ ott ..there isnt one every week

Nerd For Life
10-09-09, 23:20
These threads are stupid, IMO, because everytime there's a thread open about sexual orientation, usually it turns into a fight, sooner or later.

Mad Tony
10-09-09, 23:20
I think you'll find there is. I said practically, because there isn't one every week without fail but there is at least one most weeks.

@Nerd For Life: Really? From what I've seen they normally just turn into spam threads (along with half of the other threads in gen chat :p)

Encore
10-09-09, 23:21
We get it people, you're gay.
It doesn't make you special.

http://i44.************/2urruwg.jpg

Lee croft
@ mad tony : ok thats makes more sense

TRhalloween
^no need to islate the conversation in the group when we can talk here(besides thats where all the dirty stuff goes on;).........)

LOL no ..

Talk about what? I'm not sure what you mean by "isolate" since anyone wants to talk about their sexuality they can go to the gay community.

Lee croft
10-09-09, 23:23
http://i44.************/2urruwg.jpg

Saying everybody is unique is another way of saying no one is :p

ShadyCroft
10-09-09, 23:26
I still don't see why there are so many threads about this though. There's one like almost every week. Is being gay really that much of a big deal? Most people here are pretty open minded and don't really care if a person is gay or straight. It's not normally a defining point of someone's personality.

We get it people, you're gay.
It doesn't make you special.

Jeee, not so sympathetic much ? Yes, I know, what I just said is the kind of thing that sparks posts and fights later...
but after these 2 posts...how little you people know.

You don't know how it feels until you have it.

I'd love to elaborate, and I actually started writing more, but its 2:30 in the morning and I'm off to bed. :wve:

Edit: I just got back from a wedding and I've heard a gazillion "Hopefully it'll be your turn next", so that's why am bothered and my posts has an angry tone.

Nerd For Life
10-09-09, 23:31
I don't think that's what they meant, ShadyCroft. I think that what both of these users meant was that there's a huge amount of threads about homossexuality and they all turn out to be the same.

*richietrent*
10-09-09, 23:32
These words come to mind.. get over it! And by the sounds of it.. people have.

larafan25
10-09-09, 23:36
Talk about what? I'm not sure what you mean by "isolate" since anyone wants to talk about their sexuality they can go to the gay community.

most of the people in the gay community group are gay(wait what?)

and there is a huge difference(too me at least) from the conversations in there to the ones in genera chat.

I find we can have more serious discussions in a thread like this because it is right her in the forum for everyone(not that the gay community excludes anyone...)

and I'm not saying everyone wants to talk about gay people..but I mean in regards to stuff involving the gay community in general, news and other stuff that people can get together and have a mature discussion on...whcih I just don't see happening in the gay group for some reason...

TRhalloween
10-09-09, 23:39
most of the people in the gay community group are gay(wait what?)

and there is a huge difference(too me at least) from the conversations in there to the ones in genera chat.

I find we can have more serious discussions in a thread like this because it is right her in the forum for everyone(not that the gay community excludes anyone...)

and I'm not saying everyone wants to talk about gay people..but I mean in regards to stuff involving the gay community in general, news and other stuff that people can get together and have a mature discussion on...whcih I just don't see happening in the gay group for some reason...

It does happen in the group. The reason you think it doesn't is because you don't go there. Most people are aware that there is a social group for LGBT people. If they want to express their feelings on being gay or anything like that they can go there.

larafan25
10-09-09, 23:42
^I actually visit it everyday, it's usually bussy when I am sleeping or in school, and when I come home I post if there is anything interesting to reply to:)

it just seems to me that we can have better discussions out here then in their as the whole forum can participate in the discussion easier...not that I think we should just have random gay threads...but(oh wait this is a random gay thread)

anyways, I mean interesting gay threads:)

TRhalloween
10-09-09, 23:43
Straight people can go there if they want.
I haven't seen any straight person who wants to talk about gayness anyway.

larafan25
10-09-09, 23:46
^I guess I've been beating around the bush....

I just think that IF an interesting thread which revolves around gayness happens to pop up here, that it should be not taken the way most are taken(ie. this thread, however I am speaking of threads with more value)

if there is a discussion that anyone would like to get involved in then it is simply easier to get to here because most of the non LBGT members don't visit the group (as you said):)

Jo269976
10-09-09, 23:50
If it's being so accepted, then there's no need to warrant a 'general gay thread' ;)

TRhalloween
10-09-09, 23:50
I didn't say straight people don't go there. They can if they want to. Sexual orientation isn't something people are really that interested anyway.

If it's being so accepted, then there's no need to warrant a 'general gay thread' ;)

Yep :)

Rai
10-09-09, 23:54
I'm straight, but I'm open minded and wouldn't mind learning how others deal with their sexual orientation and how their family etc also deal with it (call me naturally nosy - erm - curios if you will :p). I didn't even know of any groups or discussions other than an any individual's thread. It's good to see some serious discussions that don't revolve around bad news in among the pop culture, games etc.

:hug:

larafan25
10-09-09, 23:54
TRH - no you didn't sorry, I got that from straight people not wanting to talk about gayness...

but what I am saying is it shouldn't be a big deal if there is an interesting thread...

say for example a thread about an article that says there is something scientific about people being gay...why should that be posted in the gay group when it could be posted here for everyone to get at easier, because not many straight peole are going to be randomly wandering the gay group(I don't think) so it just makes itreachable and known...as soon as people enter the forum threy can see all the hot threads listed by the forum names so it would get more attention.

I'm just interested in discussions and debates that are mature, and we have a better chance at one in here then if it is posted in the gay community group:)

Apathetic
10-09-09, 23:55
The OP simply wanted to know who is LBGT. I don't see what's the big deal. :confused:

Alex Shepherd
10-09-09, 23:55
I'm straight, but I'm open minded and wouldn't mind learning how others deal with their sexual orientation and how their family etc also deal with it (call me naturally nosy - erm - curios if you will :p). I didn't even know of any groups or discussions other than an any individual's thread. It's good to see some serious discussions that don't revolve around bad news in among the pop culture, games etc.

Do you think that people who disagree about the gay stuffs are not open-minded?
I am just asking...

larafan25
10-09-09, 23:56
I am:)

TRhalloween
10-09-09, 23:59
TRH - no you didn't sorry, I got that from straight people not wanting to talk about gayness...

but what I am saying is it shouldn't be a big deal if there is an interesting thread...

say for example a thread about an article that says there is something scientific about people being gay...why should that be posted in the gay group when it could be posted here for everyone to get at easier, because not many straight peole are going to be randomly wandering the gay group(I don't think) so it just makes itreachable and known...as soon as people enter the forum threy can see all the hot threads listed by the forum names so it would get more attention.

I'm just interested in discussions and debates that are mature, and we have a better chance at one in here then if it is posted in the gay community group:)

News happens all the time. I don't know why gay news is considered more important. If something really important regarding the gay community happens then someone could make a thread about it but I don't see the point in making a general gay thread.

I don't understand why you think a mature discussion couldn't happen in the gay group.

larafan25
11-09-09, 00:02
News happens all the time. I don't know why gay news is considered more important. If something really important regarding the gay community happens then someone could make a thread about it but I don't see the point in making a general gay thread.

I don't understand why you think a mature discussion couldn't happen in the gay group.

wait we are talking about having a general gay thread?:O

I don't think we need one of those, as we have the gay community...

I just mean if something in the world happens or there is news or something that it could be posted here in gernal chat.

anyways I haven't experienced or been involved in a mature discussion that is highly populated in the gay group yet, so that is why:)

I'm sure it could happen, but I think it is more likely to get involved in a more in depth discussion if a thread was to be posted in the genral chat forum(not a random general gay thread but one with an individual purpose):)

TRhalloween
11-09-09, 00:05
If there's news: gay community.
If there's major news: gay community, Gen chat.
Don't see why it can't work that way.

(I just notice that I'm actually discussing about how I don't like these discussions :vlol:)

larafan25
11-09-09, 00:07
^I don't think it should be assigned though...

If I am searching the net and find information that people aren't actually gay but were brain washed by mutant bunny eating puppies...should I post it only in the gay community? or are others going to be interested so I should post it here were the access is easier, and more people will se it:)

Apathetic
11-09-09, 00:08
This converstation = wuuuuuuuut

]{eith
11-09-09, 00:09
(I just notice that I'm actually discussing about how I don't like these discussions :vlol:)

Haha! *points and laughs at TRH and his failz.*

I agree with TRF. There doesn't need to be a General LBGT thread. If there's major news, surely it would merit its own thread like any other piece of news.

Oh and for the purpose of the thread, I'm bi.

larafan25
11-09-09, 00:11
{eith;4017728']Haha! *points and laughs at TRH and his failz.*

I agree with TRF. There doesn't need to be a General LBGT thread. If there's major news, surely it would merit its own thread like any other piece of news.

theres what I have been trying to say:)

TRhalloween
11-09-09, 00:15
^I don't think it should be assigned though...

If I am searching the net and find information that people aren't actually gay but were brain washed by mutant bunny eating puppies...should I post it only in the gay community? or are others going to be interested so I should post it here were the access is easier, and more people will se it:)

If there was news like that then I don't see why you would post in in the gay group since it has nothing to do with being gay
This converstation = wuuuuuuuut

It's a lot more understandable than that post :p

{eith;4017728']Haha! *points and laughs at TRH and his failz.*

I hate serving a purpose! :mad:

theres what I have been trying to say:)

That's what I'm trying to say too.
But this isn't major news; this is a thread saying "So who's gay here?" That's not relevant.

larafan25
11-09-09, 00:16
If there was news like that then I don't see why you would post in in the gay group since it has nothing to do with being gay

It's a lot more understandable than that post :p

I hate serving a purpose! :mad:

That's what I'm trying to say too.
But this isn't major news; this is a thread saying "So who's gay here?" That's not relevant.

ya I am aware:p

Tony9595
11-09-09, 00:19
Well... another thread that will go along with the bunch... :p

*Waiting for the lock :)*

larafan25
11-09-09, 00:22
^search gay in the forum search tool...barely any get locked:p

Tony9595
11-09-09, 00:25
:eek:
Really?! :p

Well... then it will sink along with the others :vlol:

larafan25
11-09-09, 00:26
6yes the others and the titanic:)

anyways........:p

i'LL LEAVE THIS THREAD BEFORE i SPAM IT TOO MUCH:)

IceColdLaraCroft
11-09-09, 00:31
You stole my Asianinity!