PDA

View Full Version : Susan Boyle - Wild Horses

Dingaling
13-09-09, 19:15
This is the first single off Susan Boyle's debut album and in an unusual twist her debut single is a cover of the Rolling Stone's song.

Have a listen here:

ZjAkq5iMHZw

And if that embedded video isn't working, here's a link to the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAkq5iMHZw

Personally I think it's absolutely beautiful. It was definitely not what I expected but beautiful none the less :).

sheepydee
13-09-09, 19:16
I cant stand to look at her face after a previous conversation YUCK

TRhalloween
13-09-09, 19:18

It will never leave open chat :D

I like it though what I don't understand is why these big vocal singers always cover other songs. I mean, rock/pop singers have their own materiel (or have someone to write it for them).

Tombraiderx08
13-09-09, 19:19
Amazing song :)

jackles
13-09-09, 19:20
wow! That is great..her voice sounds incredible.

amiro1989
13-09-09, 19:26
I really can't see why people are interested in her... Or should I say the reasons people are interested in her are awfully wrong. I'm not going to praise her simply because some people associated the fact that she isn't "pretty enough" with the fact that she would've suck during her audition on Britain's Got Talent, when she actually surprised them by giving a flawless performance.... Those are all prejudices.

She has a great voice, hell, an amazing voice, but there are other great singers out there.... I don't see how "interesting" she is.... This is a cover, but does anyone know if she wrote her own stuff? That would make her at least relevant.

scion05
13-09-09, 19:27
Sounds absolutely fantastic :tmb:

Bonez
13-09-09, 19:33
As much as I dislike her and her voice,that cover is exceptional. :)

marla_biggs
13-09-09, 19:50
Voice of an angel xx

Reminds me of Kate Bush..

Cristina
13-09-09, 20:07
WOW her voice sounds like an angel!:yik:

Lara Fan 4Life
13-09-09, 20:13
Her voice is amazing!!! :eek: Hope she does well with her album!

Squibbly
13-09-09, 20:18
What a voice. Wow. :eek:

Laralissa
13-09-09, 20:21
Meh... my favoutire cover of this song will always be that of 'The Sundays' :) Her's is still better than I thought it might be though.

Angelus
13-09-09, 21:38
Yawn.

The Sunday's cover of this is so much better. :tmb:

scion05
13-09-09, 21:40
I do think this is SO beautiful though, if she does a UK tour, I'd love to go... I think she's remarkable. She's covering Madonna's You'll See aswell, very exciting stuff.

Chocola teapot
13-09-09, 21:57
Open chat ruined my thoughts of her forever, as did a particular someones location! lmao!

Angelic Voice though.

Clap, clap, clap.

DMC
13-09-09, 22:18
Great job!

I love the original!

And Alicia Keys and Adam Levine's version too :)

Nenya awakens
13-09-09, 23:10
Sounds amazing, i love it!

takamotosan
13-09-09, 23:14
LOVE LOVE LOVE this cover!
Much better than the original, and her voice sounds amazing :tmb:

vixster
13-09-09, 23:19
shes murdered this, the sundays version was the best

she makes it sound like some sort of upbeat hym that would be sung in a choir with heavenly candles surrounding, it is totally taken out of context, the sundays version made you feel guilty for not being suicidal and is a fantastic song, depressing to the point that it should carry a warning of being a 'vein opener', its such a beautifully performed song and you can really feel her emotion

Tonyrobinson
13-09-09, 23:34

Wouldn't have anything to do with me would it? :p

Rai
13-09-09, 23:56
Susan certain has a lovely voice. I'm not sure about this song though. It's all right.

scion05
14-09-09, 09:15
I'm pretty sure it'll hit a high chart position though.

TRhalloween
14-09-09, 09:20
Wouldn't have anything to do with me would it? :p

You just need to look at CroftGameGirl's location ;)

Dennis's Mom
14-09-09, 12:57
She has a great voice, hell, an amazing voice, but there are other great singers out there.... I don't see how "interesting" she is.... This is a cover, but does anyone know if she wrote her own stuff? That would make her at least relevant.

I suppose you think Frank Sinatra is irrelevant too? And Elvis? :confused:

For the record, *cough* it was highly unusual for artists to write their own music for much of the 20th century. Buddy Holly was one of the first, but he died. The Beatles brought the idea into its own. Before that, songs were written by "professional songwriters."

Having a great voice and the ability to interpret a song brilliantly is as great a talent as being able to write a great song.

Alex Fly
14-09-09, 13:08
Wow, I'm speechless. This is not only beautiful, this is simply magic ! :)

toxicraider
14-09-09, 17:06
I didn't watch BGT, so appreciate her because of her voice, rather than because I find her funny, or surprising. This song is beautiful. :)

Rileigh
14-09-09, 17:27
I don't know what it is. I can't force myself to like her, her look, or even her voice. There's just something that irritates me when I hear her.

Estacado
14-09-09, 18:25
Could she not sing something original? Sure she sounds good but there's no soul in it, it's just good sounding.

CroftGameGirl
14-09-09, 18:37

It will never leave open chat :D

Open chat ruined my thoughts of her forever, as did a particular someones location! lmao!

You just need to look at CroftGameGirl's location ;)

:vlol: Woo! You guys remembered :jmp: http://i29.************/2vdffao.gif :p

Her voice truly is amazing though :tmb: Can't wait for 'I dreamed a dream' :)

*looks discretly at her location again* http://i28.************/35ajic8.gif

scion05
14-09-09, 19:01
Could she not sing something original? Sure she sounds good but there's no soul in it, it's just good sounding.

I think the emotion is right in her voice and is totally convincing :)

Dingaling
17-09-09, 21:08
She performed Wild Horses live on America's Got Talent.

1HFrmVq0Idw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HFrmVq0Idw

:).

marla_biggs
18-09-09, 10:48
She's a Goddess, stunning performance xxx

Kiss-Bite
18-09-09, 11:07
I love the Sunday's version so much but Susan sings this beautifully, she has a lovely voice. I think it's a shame she gets judged for the way she looks, she doesn't want to be a model, she's a singer!;)

That is what was so great & magical about her first audition on Britain's Got Talent, she was judged unfavorably instantly on looks & slight eccentricity but once she began to sing she captivated the audience.:) You could see the shame in some for judging her before she even opened her mouth & shared her talent. I wish her all the best & success.:tmb: