PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones (Spoilers also)

Mister_Creazil
13-09-09, 20:54
So I just sat and watched all four of the Indiana Jones movies and I was wondering, Shia LeBouf's character at the end of the fourth is close to wearing the hat, which gave me a hint that he'll be taking Henry Jones Junior's place?

I'm just wondering, anyone have any news on whether a new one is due to come out?

tranniversary119
13-09-09, 20:57
I don't think Shia will be replacing Indy from what I've read. And don't expect one anytime soon :wve: Spielberg is busy ATM and it will probably come out in 2020 ;)

Encore
13-09-09, 21:40
There might be a spin off with Shia, written by Lucas, because he said he'd like to do it (I don't remember where, I just remember reading it). I don't think Spielberg would direct it though.

Personally I'd love it, because it would be a chance to see another adventure movie with a cool character but without messing up Indy's mythos. :)

Dennis's Mom
13-09-09, 22:52
My only problem with the Shia LeBeouf character is that he's not an archeologist like Indy. So much of what Indy did was because of what he knew. Without that hook, it could easily be just another action movie.

I guess, he could go to college to be an archeologist, although that might seem rather convenient.

Shark_Blade
14-09-09, 05:58
Ugh, no. He's not as charismatic and deep as Harrison so Indiana Jones should stay Indiana Jones, not Mutt Jones,etc.

xXhayleyroxXx
14-09-09, 11:52
i wouldnt really like to see that :o

they should just leave the franchise be - its too great to meddle with

and remember indy got the hat back - maybe saying its not mutt's time

scoopy_loopy
14-09-09, 12:13
I loved the original Jones movies, but the new one was rediculous. Aliens. Really?! Eugh, what a pathetic plot.

Jedd Fletcher
14-09-09, 12:48
I was pretty disappointed by Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. While it was nice to see Indy updated to the '50s, the plot was too far-fetched even by Indy standards. Also, the computer-generated imagery was a letdown, nowhere near as convincing or innovative as the effects used in early Indy. There were several good moments though, but it felt nowhere near as classic as the...well, classics.

Last Crusade is my favourite of the Indy films, Sean Connery was just so good as Henry Jones Sr, and he played off Harrison Ford very well, better than the chemistry between Ford and Shia LaBeouf. Also, I will drown kittens if Shia LaBeouf replaces Harrison Ford. Ford IS Indiana Jones and there can be no replacement. I have nothing against Shia LaBeouf, but I feel he is a hair from overexposure. He should take a break for a while before audiences tire of him.

Encore
14-09-09, 17:55
Coincidence maybe, but this news has just been released.

Harrison Ford says:

"The story for the new Indiana Jones is in the process of taking form," Ford told France's Le Figaro. "Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work. If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

Source: http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEyJWAyBMj4wCB

Doesn't mention Shia. It's a true Indy movie. :eek:

Jedd Fletcher
25-09-09, 10:12
I'm sorry, I just have to bump this thread. A friend just lent me Volume 2 of the Adventures of Young Indiana Jones (previously known as The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles) and I'm watching it right now. It's pretty well-made and makes for a good history lesson too. A very young Indy gets himself involved with all sorts of historical figures, such as befriending Lawrence of Arabia, joing Pancho Villa in his revolution, stopping Teddy Roosevelt from shooting that infamous bear and falling in love with Mata Hari. Volume 2 is all about his World War I adventures. Anyone remember seeing this series on TV back in the day?

Nenya awakens
25-09-09, 10:37
I thought the latest film was boring and lifeless, i'm not fussed if they never make another one again now.

Shark_Blade
25-09-09, 10:39
Doesn't mention Shia. It's a true Indy movie. :eek:No Shia? A must watch for me. Oh and let's hope to rid the excessive cgi, or at least tone them down.

Encore
25-09-09, 11:01
I thought the latest film was boring and lifeless, i'm not fussed if they never make another one again now.

You could call it many things but "boring" and "lifeless" are two words I would never think to apply it. Its greatest strength is precisely that it's just fun entertainment. But then, this is coming from someone who is usually delighted with these "tomb raiderish" adventure movies. I even liked the last Mummy movie. :o*shame*

Jedd Fletcher
26-09-09, 05:40
A friend just lent me Volume 2 of the Adventures of Young Indiana Jones (previously known as The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles) and I'm watching it right now. It's pretty well-made and makes for a good history lesson too. A very young Indy gets himself involved with all sorts of historical figures, such as befriending Lawrence of Arabia, joing Pancho Villa in his revolution, stopping Teddy Roosevelt from shooting that infamous bear and falling in love with Mata Hari.

I just watched the episode "The Phantom Train of Doom", which involves Indy and a regiment of elderly soldiers blowing up a mysterious German train with a 380 mm artillery cannon mounted on it. Most fun I've had in a while. Anyone remember seeing this series on TV back in the day?

SamReeves
26-09-09, 15:53
Indiana Jones IV wasn't perfect, but it was a nice respite from all the BS that does get produced for the movies these days. At least it wasn't a reboot!

irjudd
26-09-09, 16:15
My only problem with the Shia LeBeouf character is that he's not an archeologist like Indy. So much of what Indy did was because of what he knew. Without that hook, it could easily be just another action movie.

I guess, he could go to college to be an archeologist, although that might seem rather convenient.

Second only to hating his acting style, facial expressions, manners of speaking and general image; yes that's my problem with his character in Indy too. I'd seriously be sad if he took on the franchise any further.

Nerd For Life
26-09-09, 16:36
I didn't watch Indy IV because I hate Shia.

irjudd
26-09-09, 16:37
I didn't watch Indy IV because I hate Shia.

This is reason #343 I ♥ for you.

I had no idea you felt this way. :hug:

Nerd For Life
26-09-09, 16:52
This is reason #343 I ♥ for you.

I had no idea you felt this way. :hug:

The Indy trilogy should be left a trilogy.

Cochrane
26-09-09, 16:53
To be honest, I was quite surprised with Shia LeBeouf in Indy IV. I had expected him to destroy the movie and draw attention away from whom we really wanted to see in effect, I feared that he might end up being Wesley Crusher. Actually, though, he worked well, had a few jokes and important moments, but was really just there to make Indy look cool. I can handle that. But giving him the hat, as the end of the movie played with? Never.

Encore
26-09-09, 17:31
I like Shia a lot. To me he's one of the best actors of his generation. But sometimes it seems that if you're a young person in Hollywood, you only have two options: if you're not talented (example: Jonas Brothers) you will get eternally mocked. If you're talented (example: Shia) you'll be eternally called "annoying". I swear I heard him being called "annoying" so many times, I don't even know what the hell people mean with this anymore. He's obviously got talent though so that's all I care about.

irjudd
26-09-09, 17:52
Could it be that he just has a "way about him" that rubs most people the wrong way? Or are there other actors of his generation that are considered talented that are labeled annoying?

Encore
26-09-09, 18:06
Not sure if these count as his generation but I heard Haley Joel Osment and Ryan Gosling being called such. Which appalls me.

Jedd Fletcher
27-09-09, 08:29
I just saw the Young Indy episode (sorry, I just can't stop talking about it!) Oganga: The Giver and Taker of Life, in which Young Indy meets the Noble Prize-winning philosopher and doctor Albert Schweitzer. I found it wonderful that the great Schweitzer found his way into the TV series, and it was a good way to work some of his wonderful "reverence for life" philosophy into the Indy mythos. There are a couple of really good scenes where he discusses this with Indy, and Indy emerges a much wiser young man. I particularly like Schweitzer's quote "good is whatever promotes life. Evil is whatever destroys it."

michaeldt
27-09-09, 08:35
I don't like Shia.... :pi:

Jedd Fletcher
28-09-09, 09:51
Just saw another Episode of Young Indy. It was quite fun. He reluctantly joins the Lafayette Escadrilles as a photographer and gets to photograph a dogfight between a French ace and the dastardly Manfred von Richtofen (aka Red Baron). Then in the later part of the Episode, Indy parachutes into Germany to proposition the aircraft designer Anthony Fokker to join the French. It ends with a big airplane hangar explosion, and before that some highly unconvincing CGI (used to create a monstrous tri-plane).