PDA

View Full Version : First day at highschool

kristi
14-09-09, 13:23
Hi!
Today was my first day at high school.At first,I thought it would be great,but after 5secs. I stepped in the school,I regretted every happy thought.All the people were so random and ordinary.I have some friends but the close ones are in another school.My previos ex-best friends(now my just friends) were there too,and among them,there were some I hated.
I thought the school was great,but this seems to be very disturbing.Many of them pretend to be cool and have lots of friends,pretend to be "gangstas" and smoke cigarettes and weed(yes) just for show,while they don't know even how to pay true respect.
But I have to stay where I am,because of my parents.I got a grant to study free this year and I don't have to waste it.
What should I do?Move to the other school where my close friends are?
Please give me some advices.
Thanks.:)

Dina_Croft
14-09-09, 13:29
Hi!
Today was my first day at high school.At first,I thought it would be great,but after 5secs. I stepped in the school,I regretted every happy thought.All the people were so random and ordinary.I have some friends but the close ones are in another school.My previos ex-best friends(now my just friends) were there too,and among them,there were some I hated.
I thought the school was great,but this seems to be very disturbing.Many of them pretend to be cool and have lots of friends,pretend to be "gangstas" and smoke cigarettes and weed(yes) just for show,while they don't know even how to pay true respect.
But I have to stay where I am,because of my parents.I got a grant to study free this year and I don't have to waste it.
What should I do?Move to the other school where my close friends are?
Please give me some advices.
Thanks.:)

Wow me too...Well if you can change school without any loss,then do it...But If you think you can handle it...then stay...

xXhayleyroxXx
14-09-09, 13:36
all schools r like tht - just bear with it :) it gets better

Ikas90
14-09-09, 13:43
The social environment you have around you can have a great impact on your learning.

Do what you feel is best. If you can have a good social environment, it will make school a more enjoyable place for you. If you have people that you don't like around you, it could have a negative effect. Or it could have a positive effect if you just concentrate on your learning. Sometimes, even a good social environment can be distracting.

Dennis's Mom
14-09-09, 13:49
Well, it's certainly intimidating to go to a new place where you don't know anyone. I would say in these cases, first impressions are generally deceiving since in a large environment like high school you can't "see it all" in one day.

Give it time. Remember what you're there for. Be open to new things, but don't compromise your values just to be a part of something. Be patient and I think you will find new friends you can count on.

Although high school seems like the most Important Thing in the World, trust me when I say five minutes after you cross the stage with your diploma, the only thing that will matter is what you actually learned. It's just one stage in a long life. Keep it in perspective. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/LisaB1138/smilies/57.gif

kristi
14-09-09, 13:49
Well I kinda made my decision about this year:I'll stay(can't waste my grant to study,I worked very hard)

But I really don't know what to do next year. :(