PDA

View Full Version : What do you stand for?

LaraLuvrrr
15-09-09, 03:39
Pretty self explanatory...

What are the most important things to you?

What do you live your life by :)

I'll wait for others before I post mine :D

takamotosan
15-09-09, 03:49
"I make my own luck"

Punaxe
15-09-09, 10:31
Most of all perhaps fairness. I can get incredibly offensive when I think something's not right. Furthermore I stand quite strongly for my own morals and ideals, a "fight" which also influences me in such a way that I can often not get along well with people I disagree with on certain moral aspects.
Of course it doesn't happen often that you really get to stand for such things (except fairness in my case, I don't think my faculty's staff really likes me anymore) so in practice, the thing that's important to me is perhaps my own future. When I think that's in danger (especially when it's unfair :p) I'll start biting.

scoopy_loopy
15-09-09, 10:36
Im an Australian; I stand for nothing. :tea:

But don't you dare try to take my country or its values from me!

violentblossom
15-09-09, 13:00
Loyalty, I suppose.

I'll choke a ***** for a friend. :D

tombraiderluka
15-09-09, 13:01
Music.

Lee croft
15-09-09, 13:12
Music (i love it with out it id be souless :vlol: ), My apperance (i try to look the best i can possably look :) ) , My family (love them to bits even though we have stupid arguements) and My Friends (thier always there when i need them and i try to do my best to do the same)

Thats all i can think of right now XD

stereopathic
15-09-09, 13:31
the most important issue to me is racism certainly and i'll fight tooth and nail to ensure its demise. women's rights, homosexual's rights, animal's rights. these are all important to me too.

in the most basic terms, i believe in treating people the way i would want to be treated and much of the time that means standing up for people in the minority.

i also believe strongly that sexually abusing a child is the single most damaging thing you can do to someone, and i do weigh that against violence. so i think pedophiles should be subject to the strongest punishment a government can deliver.

i stand for a lot of stuff. i'm a pretty passionate person, but i think that covers my strongest beliefs.

Rivendell
15-09-09, 13:33
Creativity in all aspects of life.
Passion. Positivity.

violentblossom
15-09-09, 13:34
the most important issue to me is racism certainly and i'll fight tooth and nail to ensure its demise. women's rights, homosexual's rights, animal's rights. these are all important to me too.

in the most basic terms, i believe in treating people the way i would want to be treated and much of the time that means standing up for people in the minority.

i also believe strongly that sexually abusing a child is the single most damaging thing you can do to someone, and i do weigh that against violence. so i think pedophiles should be subject to the strongest punishment a government can deliver.

i stand for a lot of stuff. i'm a pretty passionate person, but i think that covers my strongest beliefs.

*cheers!*

Way to go, I really like that in a person. Kudos, Brett, for standing up for the good fight.

Dennis's Mom
15-09-09, 13:43
Common decency. Fairness is pretty important too, but mostly I feel there's a dearth of common decency in the world.

john_york
15-09-09, 13:52
Education and the improvement of the delivery of 'it' are an absolute passion for me.

stereopathic
15-09-09, 14:04
*cheers!*

Way to go, I really like that in a person. Kudos, Brett, for standing up for the good fight.

thank you, Rae. :)

Reggie
15-09-09, 14:27
I'll be totally honest and say that I don't know specifically what I stand for. I know what I don't stand for but I don't think I've lived and experienced enough to truly know what makes me really tick. All I can do is what I think and believe to be right.

Kiss-Bite
15-09-09, 14:40
Passion & compassion. Creativity, equality & freedom. An open & inquisitive mind.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 15:20
animals rights, vegetarianism, fairness, common decency

freedom of speech and human rights

iv signed petitions, stood up for what i beleived in, complained, debated and fought my point for these things; animal rights in particular

and you know what? im so proud :)

TTV
15-09-09, 16:35
Christianity, loyalty, love, compassion, GLBT rights, music, friends, family, animal rights, human rights, women's rights - Few of the things I'm passionate about.

TRhalloween
15-09-09, 16:37
Equality, I would say.

Nausinous
15-09-09, 16:43
Freeing humans from modern slavery with the application of science.

rowanlim
15-09-09, 16:43
I am here to make things better on this earth, so I'm always trying to understand myself better because only then I can know what I can & cannot do, & learn how to improve myself to be more capable of fulfilling that duty.

Sounds very...heavy, right? But it's true :)

I'm for equality, fairness, independence & goodness. I'm for positive thoughts & striving to learn from my mistakes.

Mad Tony
15-09-09, 16:56
Freeing humans from modern slavery with the application of science.Wait, what? :confused:

What do I stand for? Justice and hardwork. :)

msalpha2omega
15-09-09, 16:57
I tend to give anything I can to other people - family, friends and lovers.... But when they don't do the same I can become a completely different person, very cold and sometimes mean.......

Thorir
15-09-09, 17:08
Equality, animal rights and saving the environment.

da tomb raider!
15-09-09, 17:12
All sorts of things, but primarily general decency and animal rights.

lacryjr
15-09-09, 17:12
The continuity of life is all that matters to me.

Nausinous
15-09-09, 17:58
Wait, what? :confused:

What do I stand for? Justice and hardwork. :)

The monetary system and the other branches that come from it form a modern era of slavery in my opinion. I stand for the liberation of the human race by pushing research in the scientific field for the advancement of autonomous robots. I hope to achieve this by becoming educated in physics and becoming a physicist.

*richietrent*
15-09-09, 18:00
Respect to others, and has to be said.. my sexuality.

Lara Croft!
15-09-09, 18:04
Love, fun, spirituality

NemesisX13X
15-09-09, 18:06
Loyalty, Trust, Revenge. :)

Chocola teapot
15-09-09, 18:07
My Art, my Garden, world travel(hopefully) and My positive affects on other peoples lives.

Benguitar
15-09-09, 18:07
I stand for Taylor Swift.

(lol - VMA/Kanye Joke)

adventurerLara
15-09-09, 18:14
Where do I start?

]{eith
15-09-09, 18:22
Negativity, bitterness, sarcasm, pettiness, materialism, and all those other little treats that make life fun...for me. :D

I stand for alot of the things people have already mentioned, mostly I would say equality.

Mad Tony
15-09-09, 18:23
The monetary system and the other branches that come from it form a modern era of slavery in my opinion. I stand for the liberation of the human race by pushing research in the scientific field for the advancement of autonomous robots. I hope to achieve this by becoming educated in physics and becoming a physicist.Lol, slavery? Hardly. I think you've been watching too much Zeitgeist. :p

I stand for Taylor Swift.

(lol - VMA/Kanye Joke)Yo Ben, I'm really happy for you, I'll let you finish, but da tomb raider had the best things to stand up for of all time.

cool_omar
15-09-09, 18:28
to converge 360 fanboys to ps3 fanboys and to make them cry :pi:

CroftGameGirl
15-09-09, 18:28
For me personally, I live for my asiprations, loved ones and things I love doing and just working myself into the person I want to be :) :D
But I completely stand for equal rights and justice. Including things such as banning sexism, racism, facism, standing for animal rights etc.

Hope that all made sense XD my words ain't too good today XP

Nannonxyay
15-09-09, 18:36
I stand for humour, intelligence, passion, creativity and equality.

Nausinous
15-09-09, 18:37
Lol, slavery? Hardly. I think you've been watching too much Zeitgeist. :p

Yo Ben, I'm really happy for you, I'll let you finish, but da tomb raider had the best things to stand up for of all time.

Working to able to live? Surely every human should be able to live without having to endure hard labour simply to be able to afford commodities. If I can't stop us from having to work I will at least endeavour for machines to take over the harder labour so that few of us have to work in the harsh environments that some of us are exposed too.

In my opinion the world is our heritage and we shouldn't have to have work 30+ hours to simply be allowed access to what is essentially ours, we literally came from the bacteria that fertilises the food we eat, so why should we have to pay for it? Machines should plant, harvest and deliver the food, so at least one chain of this slave era is broken. I suppose if we have to do the rest of work then we shall endure it but in my ideal world, we would focus more on saving our failing species with dedicating more of the worlds resource to advancing science instead of wasting our time on other subjects that do nothing for our species.

Dina_Croft
15-09-09, 18:46
I stand for Living,Dying,Bleeding for the fantasy!!!!:p

Seriously now:pi:

Mad Tony
15-09-09, 19:02
Working to able to live? Surely every human should be able to live without having to endure hard labour simply to be able to afford commodities. If I can't stop us from having to work I will at least endeavour for machines to take over the harder labour so that few of us have to work in the harsh environments that some of us are exposed too.

In my opinion the world is our heritage and we shouldn't have to have work 30+ hours to simply be allowed access to what is essentially ours, we literally came from the bacteria that fertilises the food we eat, so why should we have to pay for it? Machines should plant, harvest and deliver the food, so at least one chain of this slave era is broken. I suppose if we have to do the rest of work then we shall endure it but in my ideal world, we would focus more on saving our failing species with dedicating more of the worlds resource to advancing science instead of wasting our time on other subjects that do nothing for our species.That's more of a Utopian idea really, and it's not exactly practical either. Besides, what's wrong with a bit of hardwork? Not everyone hates their job. I don't know about you, but I'd rather live in a world of "slavery" where with enough hardwork you can fulfill your life how you want to than a world where nobody works and just sits around waiting for things.

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-09-09, 19:04
"If you don't have dreams, how can they come true?"

I'm a dreamer, simply stated. I always have a goal or something I'm trying to attain, and I really don't think I could be happy if I didn't have a goal. Whenever I accomplish a goal, I move on to another one, and if some of my goals don't work out, I'll pick myself up and either keep trying for it, or move onto something else.

Right now my goal is to get into the comic industry, and I'm working very hard at that. I'd also love to get into the gaming industry somehow as well, so we'll see if I can accomplish that too. :D

Minimus
15-09-09, 19:09
I stand for love and justice.

Nausinous
15-09-09, 19:13
That's more of a Utopian idea really, and it's not exactly practical either. Besides, what's wrong with a bit of hardwork? Not everyone hates their job. I don't know about you, but I'd rather live in a world of "slavery" where with enough hardwork you can fulfill your life how you want to than a world where nobody works and just sits around waiting for things.

I say we still work but on more important things such as science rather than production of food, etc. In my 'utopian' world, we wouldn't work for money either because everything would be free and available in abundance. If you needed something you could have it and you'd simply work to improve the lives of future generations and stop them from facing the common problems that we face today. We're so spread out as a species and instead of concentrating on a common goal, like the laying down the foundation for a world free from the common yet easily addressable problems that we face today, we focus on frivolous things that do nothing for us.

Mad Tony
15-09-09, 19:15
I say we still work but on more important things such as science rather than production of food, etc.But a big proportion of the world's population are employed in that sector, and I doubt you could just retrain them for a career in the scientific field.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 19:15

aww i like that :) me too :hug:

AmericanAssassin
15-09-09, 19:16
Honesty. Whether polite or brutal, I'm always honest. ;)

Nausinous
15-09-09, 19:22
But a big proportion of the world's population are employed in that sector, and I doubt you could just retrain them for a career in the scientific field.

Maybe my ideas are too extreme for the world itself. I still stand for the liberation of the human race, the world's in a negative state and I would very much like to change it with science, logic and practicallity.

CroftGameGirl
15-09-09, 19:28
Honesty. Whether polite or brutal, I'm always honest. ;)

That's very admirable :tmb: Sometimes I wish I could see inside people's minds cause they can be so dishonest at times :o

Angel666
15-09-09, 19:29
Music, Beauty, Truth, and Love. :)

Mad Tony
15-09-09, 19:32
Maybe my ideas are too extreme for the world itself. I still stand for the liberation of the human race, the world's in a negative state and I would very much like to change it with science, logic and practicallity.I agree the world is in a negative state. Unfortunately though, you'll never be able to stop things like wars and conflicts. Unless of course, you favor an Equilibrium approach to things.

The thing is though, the human race isn't enslaved. That's where you loose me.

Nausinous
15-09-09, 19:40
I agree the world is in a negative state. Unfortunately though, you'll never be able to stop things like wars and conflicts. Unless of course, you favor an Equilibrium approach to things.

The thing is though, the human race isn't enslaved. That's where you loose me.

In my opinion, I feel enslaved. So do a few hundred people I talk to around the globe. I believe you share the opinion you do because you have yet to experience the world as I have, I have been homeless on several occasions and at the very bottom of depression. I have seen the world from the bottom of an industrial bin. This is world is cold and cruel as it is now and unless someone stands up and says:

'I'm a human being god dammit, my life has value!'

We will continue to be treat like machines. I'll simply finish this discussion with what I began with: I stand for the liberation of the humans everywhere that feel enslaved like I do. I stand for the creation of a haven for all those who are treat like machines and not humans to take refuge in and build a better future.

erosan
15-09-09, 19:48
Vegetarianism, veganism and animal rights are all VERY important to me. Aside form that I stand by my family and my friends, no matter what.

Mad Tony
15-09-09, 19:49
I've noticed that more people here have stated they're for animal rights than human rights. Rather odd I think. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 19:54
I've noticed that more people here have stated they're for animal rights than human rights. Rather odd I think. :p

how? they have as much right as we do to live on this planet in my opinion

LaraRules81
15-09-09, 19:56
how? they have as much right as we do to live on this planet in my opinion

Yes, but you are a human; surely you would prefer you had more rights to live than your pet cat?

And I love animals btw :p

jackles
15-09-09, 19:57
Love, Fairness, Positivity, Truth.

*feels quite nauseated at self*

CroftGameGirl
15-09-09, 19:57
But what if you had a pet cat and loved it so dearly almost as though it was your best friend :) That's some people's situations :D

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 19:58
Yes, but you are a human; surely you would prefer you had more rights to live than your pet cat?

And I love animals btw :p

nopes :) i treat them equally to humans

Eleana
15-09-09, 20:02

I've never thought I'd say "QFT", but this seems appropriate. :hug:

Personally, I value honesty, fairness and kindness.

LaraRules81
15-09-09, 20:03
But what if you had a pet cat and loved it so dearly almost as though it was your best friend :) That's some people's situations :D

Yes but, say there was a bus, would you rather you get ran over by it, or some random animal?

nopes :) i treat them equally to humans

And I am with you on that :tmb: But like I said up there ^ is your life less important than an animal?

Or what about slavery? It is wrong, but should a human who has more morals be put through it, or an animal? I belive the animal wouldn't think of it as slavery, but as work (but not in some cases).

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 20:05
Yes but, say there was a bus, would you rather you get ran over by it, or some random animal?

And I am with you on that :tmb: But like I said up there ^ is your life less important than an animal?

Or what about slavery? It is wrong, but should a human who has more morals be put through it, or an animal? I belive the animal wouldn't think of it as slavery, but as work (but not in some cases).

my life is equal to an animals, and slavery is wrong for humans and animals.
Iv learnt if you treat an animal as an equal with similar intelligence, it will treat you the same way. Take rats for instance, rats are very loving and will never bite if you show them trust and equal rights.

CroftGameGirl
15-09-09, 20:07

That wouldn't necessarily be the case for animal rights :) Animal rights is all about making sure as many animals as possible become treated fairly i.e. given enough food, enough attention as it needs and poeple to love it. Additionally, it's also about protecting them against things like poachers etc.

I'm gonna have to carry this on a bit later :o I got h/w which needs attending XP

LaraRules81
15-09-09, 20:12
my life is equal to an animals, and slavery is wrong for humans and animals.
Iv learnt if you treat an animal as an equal with similar intelligence, it will treat you the same way. Take rats for instance, rats are very loving and will never bite if you show them trust and equal rights.

Absolutely! But, I don't think you are seeing my point. I felt the same way you did when I was younger, but now that I have matured a little I think I understand that it's life.

In the wild, big cats hunt and eventually eat gazelles/impala's and whatever, but if they didn't, they'd die. It's a fact of life, one thing kills the other and the chain carries on.

LaraLuvrrr
15-09-09, 20:16
In my opinion, I feel enslaved. So do a few hundred people I talk to around the globe. I believe you share the opinion you do because you have yet to experience the world as I have, I have been homeless on several occasions and at the very bottom of depression. I have seen the world from the bottom of an industrial bin. This is world is cold and cruel as it is now and unless someone stands up and says:

We will continue to be treat like machines. I'll simply finish this discussion with what I began with: I stand for the liberation of the humans everywhere that feel enslaved like I do. I stand for the creation of a haven for all those who are treat like machines and not humans to take refuge in and build a better future.

I get what you mean. I would say we are all slaves to our corresponding "systems." Some people feel "free" in their system but they are really conformed to a system. And those that are left out of human systems are usually treated like they have no worth. The homeless, refugees, the terminally ill sometimes, etc.

And I do see money as a system of enslavement but to get rid of it would not create the order the monetary system creates. If you believe humans can unite without money that's fine but there are also those who are afraid that without money humans will turn to animals and steal from one another and there will be nothing but a corrupt world.

The way I see it there's no way for humans to fully "unite" so to speak. We can only work towards what we believe to be positive and try to help those at the bottom and fix the negative because if we ignore it like many people do then it just breeds... but that's the story of humanity. We try to fix the bad in the world but there's always new negativity and problems springing up.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 20:16
Absolutely! But, I don't think you are seeing my point. I felt the same way you did when I was younger, but now that I have matured a little I think I understand that it's life.

In the wild, big cats hunt and eventually eat gazelles/impala's and whatever, but if they didn't, they'd die. It's a fact of life, one thing kills the other and the chain carries on.

its life, but if i were put in a situation wher ssay umm *thinks* a guy has a knifre and he was gonna skin a cat, and i had a risk of dying; id still butt in and try save it. If a hoboe were in the same situation id do the same. If both situations were happening the same time id go nuts and be torn between the two, ring the police and distract both lol

its life but some things in life i feel so strongly about id fight to the death :)

CroftGameGirl
15-09-09, 20:17
Ryan: But many people do it for unnatural or selfish reason. E.g killing for skin or ivory for example. And people who support animal rights try to stop these things :)

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 20:18
/EDIT: oops sorry thought u wer talking to me hehe

Mad Tony
15-09-09, 20:19
how? they have as much right as we do to live on this planet in my opinionAnimals deserve rights, but not as many as we do. Same goes for life. I can't fathom how anyone would think an animal life is just as important as a human life. So if you had the choice of saving the lives of two cats or one human you'd save the cats?

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 20:20
Animals deserve rights, but not as many as we do. Same goes for life. I can't fathom how anyone would think an animal life is just as important as a human life. So if you had the choice of saving the lives of two cats or one human you'd save the cats?

depends really. it really depends

animals have made me happier than humans

CroftGameGirl
15-09-09, 20:21
/EDIT: oops sorry thought u wer talking to me hehe

Yeah my post was a bit late, soz XP

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 20:22
Yeah my post was a bit late, soz XP

its alright hun i do it allllll the time :ton::hug:

CroftGameGirl
15-09-09, 20:23
its alright hun i do it allllll the time :ton::hug:

:D :hug:

TRhalloween
Animals deserve rights, but not as many as we do. Same goes for life.

I think that animals should have the right to vote and to free speech but that's my opinion :)

Cause if I sat down all the time, then I wouldn't get anywhere.

lol

Croft, Lara

CroftGameGirl
15-09-09, 20:24
:vlol: I'm surprised no one's made that joke yet XP
I think that animals should have the right to vote and to free speech but that's my opinion :)

Despite everything: :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-09, 20:24

omg hahahah :ton:

LaraLuvrrr
15-09-09, 21:30
I guess what I stand for is a quote I just heard from a cutscene in TRU

"I only want the truth, whatever it may be."

Minimus
15-09-09, 21:34
aww i like that :) me too :hug:

Hehe :)
Sailor Moon taught me valuable lessons when I was growing up :p

I've never thought I'd say "QFT", but this seems appropriate. :hug:

Personally, I value honesty, fairness and kindness.

Those are nice choices :)

Benguitar
15-09-09, 21:40
Yo Ben, I'm really happy for you, I'll let you finish, but da tomb raider had the best things to stand up for of all time.

R-O-F-L!!

That's pretty funny, Did you see Miss Swift on The View Today talking about that whole ordeal?

-

I also stand for God, Truth, And Righteousness. ;)

AmericanAssassin
15-09-09, 21:44
That's very admirable :tmb: Sometimes I wish I could see inside people's minds cause they can be so dishonest at times. :o

Well, thank you. :hug: I sometimes feel the same way. People can be so annoying. :pi: Just tell the truth and everything would work out better! :p

Big Matt
15-09-09, 21:57
The American Way of Life! :

God, Guns, and Guts. Freedom and Independence. Hard work, creativity, and ingenuity.

(All more or less in that order, depending on the circumstances.)

That's the stuff that made not just America great but, does so for any other group of people willing to dig in and live by those ideals. They're all qualities I see dissipating from the human race. It dismays me to no end when I see the lifeless, dependent slug that humanity is fast being lulled and transformed into.

thecentaur
15-09-09, 22:15
cleverly
ending
neonazi
threats
against
U.S.
regions

technically, you said what i was standing for :whi: lol

i stand for fairness and reciprocation; like if you're a *****, then there shouldn't be any reason why i shouldn't be a ***** to you (to some degree. most of the time, i just bite my tongue) i'm kind of really on the whole "justice is good" thing so i can't stand it when people get away with things that they shouldn't get away with. :wve:

CerebralAssassin
15-09-09, 23:01
I stand for improving myself :)

Ward Dragon
15-09-09, 23:15
Science and the pursuit of answers. Insofar as it relates to that, I stand for freedom, capitalism, and competition because those are the things that encourage scientific breakthroughs (not to mention they seem the most natural according to how things have worked since the dawn of life on the planet).

Archetype
15-09-09, 23:16
peace of mind.

Tyrannosaurus
15-09-09, 23:17
The destruction of the human plague and re-establishment of the Dinosauria as the world's rulers.

Ward Dragon
15-09-09, 23:19
The destruction of the human plague and re-establishment of the Dinosauria as the world's rulers.

Natla probably would have done that for you if only you had tried a little harder to stop Lara :whi:

January_Snow*
16-09-09, 00:39
Beauty

Money

Shopping

Party

Flirt

Kiss

January_Snow*
16-09-09, 00:59
Natla probably would have done that for you if only you had tried a little harder to stop Lara :whi:

I smell TRX plot :vlol:

Jedd Fletcher
16-09-09, 02:04
Enjoying life, having fun and making the most out of what you get.

larafan25
16-09-09, 02:08
-give respect to get respect
-always be open to new things
-give yourself a new challenge to overcome daily
-tomb raider origins is the best
-optimism when your at your lowest
-being a happy gay:)

Drone
16-09-09, 04:42
constantly falling in unconditional love and unconditional hate :wve:

Punaxe
16-09-09, 08:41

Interested in opening thread about it or write down your views in some sort of manifesto (or both)? A general "Your View on Society" thread sounds pretty interesting to me.

Afonya
28-02-10, 20:08
I try to live a good and 'normal' life. I want to develop and understand life and universe. Causes I believe in are peace and equality.

Kelly Craftman
28-02-10, 20:11
Independent Women :p
Live life to the full
Love <3

Reckless Lara
28-02-10, 20:31
My beliefs. :)

Cynic
28-02-10, 21:25
-Always be a gentleman. :D
-Always charge, never bend.
-Death before dishonor.

Legend of Lara
28-02-10, 23:10
http://www.popsucker.net/images/popsucker/persona3_ps2.jpg

:cool:

But in all seriousness, I stand for equality. No matter the gender, orientation, ethnicity, religious beliefs, etc. we should all have the same rights.

Chocola teapot
01-03-10, 15:39
To Learn, Create and Enjoy.