PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" - please help me - thank you!

Sifo-Dyas
15-09-09, 10:12
Hey

So I bought myself the DVD of the animated movie called "Star Wars: The Clone Wars". I saw it in the cinema and I loved it! Basically, this is a 90 minute adventure movie about the wars that take place between Episode II and Episode III of the Star Wars saga.

But now I learned that there is a lot more where that came from!! :O

Apparantly, this 90-minute movie was merely the beginning of something far greater! Apparantly, there is a huge television series in the making with Season 1 already been released on DVD and Season 2 coming out soon (the trailer is already out on the internet if I'm not mistaken)

Now for the question:

Naturally, I want to buy the DVD-box of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 1" which shośld contain approximately 20 episodes.

But here's the problem. I saw in the local store that there is a DVD named "The Clone Wars" of 2005! How could this be?! I mean: that 90-minute animated movie was only released in 2008!! And they're showing The Clone Wars on TV in Belgium right now (the 6-year-old kid of my niece was watching it) - so this couldn't be the 2005-version!

So: are there 2 different kinds of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"-animated television series? Please help me, because I am seriously confused here. :(

The only thing that I want is to buy Season 1 of the animated television series "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" which is an immediate continuation of the 90-minute animated movie "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" that I already have on DVD! :)

Many thanks for anyone out there who can help me!

Bye for now

Carbonek_0051
15-09-09, 10:18
There was a previous Clone Wars series, that was IMO better than the new one, but both are set in the same time period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars_(2003_TV_series)

Then there is the newer one you speak of, the Season 1 DVD won't be available until November 2nd, 3rd, & 18th.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_(2008_TV_series)#DVD_rel eases

Hope that helped. And I love the Clone Wars series too. So I can't wait for Season 1 to come out.:tmb:

Sifo-Dyas
15-09-09, 11:08
Wauw - that's basically the answer I hoped you would give me. Thanks for that! You definitely helped me unconfusing my mind with this - LOL! :D

And yep: I too cannot get enough of the Star Wars saga. They should make new movies (or at the very least: keep making new chapters in animation).

Bye for now

Carbonek_0051
15-09-09, 11:14
They should make new movies (or at the very least: keep making new chapters in animation).

Well they are making a new live action TV series that is set between Episode III & IV. Rumors are they might even use the Force Unleashed storyline.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

But that won't be until 2012.:p The Clone Wars game also just came out, and it bridges the gap between Season 1 & 2. But I am waiting until I see all of Season 1 before I buy that.:)

Sifo-Dyas
15-09-09, 21:40
The Clone Wars game also just came out, and it bridges the gap between Season 1 & 2. But I am waiting until I see all of Season 1 before I buy that.:)

Wow-wow! Are you saying that there is a NEW Star Wars game out?! What is it called officially, please? Star Wars: The Clone Wars videogame or simply just Clone Wars videogame? Thanks!

Anybody?

Bye for now