PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga's VMA Performance?

Catracoth
17-09-09, 20:33
As much as I loved the entire thing and despite the countless times I've watched it, I just don't get it. Could someone explain it to me?

I think it had something to do with being chased by the paparazzi and getting injured (hence the wheelchair and crutch) and then deciding to kill herself (at the end). This is what I established from the whole thing.

-DaNnEe..
17-09-09, 20:33
You could have just asked this in the Lady GaGa thread, yunno?

Larapink
17-09-09, 20:34
I was completely shocked but mostly disgusted when she had that stage blood on her.

Lee croft
17-09-09, 20:35
There is one of two threads that you couldve talked about this in yet you decided to make your own....

Catracoth
17-09-09, 20:36
I was completely shocked but mostly disgusted when she had that stage blood on her.

http://i31.************/xby782.jpg

And if you aren't going to answer my question, don't post in the thread.

Kthnxbai.

Larapink
17-09-09, 20:37
http://i31.************/xby782.jpg

And if you aren't going to answer my question, don't post in the thread.

Kthnxbai.[/IMG]
Well that is what happened! :p And I did answer that question I shared my thoughts about that performance and I didn't enjoy it. I thought it was weird.

Changeling
17-09-09, 20:38
Paparazzi is one of those videos which is open to interpretation, so the VMA Performance should be as well. Personally, I saw (in the video) that GaGa's fall from the balcony represented her 'fall from fame' and that when she is in the wheelchair and whatnot, she's struggling to get it back. In the end, she goes as far as to take her own boyfriend's life just so she can become famous again.

Whatever you personally think it's about is what it's about.

Catracoth
17-09-09, 20:39
Paparazzi is one of those videos which is open to interpretation...

That's what I thought. I always find those to be more interesting since anyone can come up with a valid explanation. But still, I always want to know what scenario the artist had in mind when performing, :p.

Lara Fan 4Life
17-09-09, 20:39
Didn't the chandelier fall on her? At the start, we see the chandelier next to her lying down on the floor, so it would be the best guess! It also uses aspects from the paparazzi video, but I like your idea! :tmb:

Catracoth
17-09-09, 20:40
Didn't the chandelier fall on her? At the start, we see the chandelier next to her lying down on the floor, so it would be the best guess! It also uses aspects from the paparazzi video, but I like your idea! :tmb:

Yes it did. When those two guys are talking before the performance starts you hear it crash. I assumed it "landed" on her hence the diamond shards in her chest and on her shoes.

-DaNnEe..
17-09-09, 20:41
And also, her "Pop Ate My Heart" intro kind of leads onto bloood as it was obviously coming from her heart area.

tombraiderluka
17-09-09, 20:41
It's about Monster/Fame and how it can take people's lives (MJ for example) :)

Catracoth
17-09-09, 20:42
Well that is what happened! :p And I did answer that question I shared my thoughts about that performance and I didn't enjoy it. I thought it was weird.

No you didn't. I wasn't asking for your opinion on it, I asked what it was about. At 21 years old, it shouldn't be hard to differentiate. And if being "weird" is being original and different, then I guess Lady Gaga's as weird as they come.

MiCkiZ88
17-09-09, 20:42
''Don't let the fame take my life'' *singing that whilst lying on the floor under a chandelier. She performs her routine, seeking for fame, loving the paparazzies attention, until the fame ultimately kills her thanks to media demanding more than she can handle.

that's my thought about the video..

larson n natla
17-09-09, 20:45
Masterpiece, it represented how fame and a love for something can drive you to do absoloutly anything for it in this case giving your life for attention and fame though fame can also be construde as love 'I won't stop until that boy is mine papa paparazzi' thats what I got anyway.

tombraiderluka
17-09-09, 20:46
''Don't let the fame take my life'' *singing that whilst lying on the floor under a chandelier. She performs her routine, seeking for fame, loving the paparazzies attention, until the fame ultimately kills her thanks to media demanding more than she can handle.

that's my thought about the video..
Yes saying that she elaborated what it's all about :wve:

Changeling
17-09-09, 20:47
"Amidst all of these flashing lights, I pray the fame won't take my life,"

Sort of hints it at the beginning as well. :D

Larapink
17-09-09, 20:49
At 21 years old, it shouldn't be hard to differentiate...
:rolleyes:

No personal attacks please, it's not worth it especially on a forum.

Catracoth
17-09-09, 20:50

Why must you always derail a thread? And if you aren't going to positively contribute to a thread, kindly stay out of it.

"Amidst all of these flashing lights, I pray the fame won't take my life,"

Sort of hints it at the beginning as well. :D

I caught that but I wasn't entirely sure. Well, I've got a basic understanding now, so if a moderator wishes to lock it, feel free to do so since this thread's had it's time. Unless of course other people wish to share their interpretations?

TRhalloween
17-09-09, 20:52
My interpretation:
The fame got to her head and she died, whither it was suicide or murder.
I'm not sure if an interpretation helps :o

Paparazzi is one of those videos which is open to interpretation, so the VMA Performance should be as well. Personally, I saw (in the video) that GaGa's fall from the balcony represented her 'fall from fame' and that when she is in the wheelchair and whatnot, she's struggling to get it back. In the end, she goes as far as to take her own boyfriend's life just so she can become famous again.

Whatever you personally think it's about is what it's about.

I think we all knew that since the video was pretty self explanatory.

Chocola teapot
17-09-09, 21:06
An Absolutely Fabulous performance!! I Loved it!

kristi
17-09-09, 21:32
I really didn't understood it.Although,I always loved seeing Gaga like that in the end.:mis:

Tomb Raider 5194
17-09-09, 21:40
I'll post something I found on the web before. I just liked how it was said (http://www.popcrunch.com/lady-gaga-bloody-vmas-performance-accused-of-sensationalizing-suicide/) by someone in the comments. :D

She did not kill herself, she was killed by the fame. Itís about how a desire for fame can make a person crazy ó kill a person ó literally or metaphorically, and also about how the media never stops hounding celebrities even after death (hence the sound of cameras at flashing after she rises up). If you knew anything about GaGa youíd know that her message is 100% positive. Itís about love, celebration, and inner fame. GaGa believes that ďThe FameĒ is something anyone can have; itís a sense of self worth that you donít need to be famous to have.
Paparazzi is a song about desperation and stalking. Itís about wanting a boy or fame so bad that you become a monster.
Supposedly, it was a tribute to MJ.

Legend of Lara
17-09-09, 21:42
Well, I finally tracked it down on YouTube. It was awful quality but I could make out what was going on.

It was... interesting, to say the least.

tranniversary119
17-09-09, 22:09
I just thought it had to do with fame, going crazy, and in the end she kills herself. I actually liked the blood part, it was original and made it more entertaining.

_Awestruck_
17-09-09, 22:24
No you didn't. I wasn't asking for your opinion on it, I asked what it was about. At 21 years old, it shouldn't be hard to differentiate. And if being "weird" is being original and different, then I guess Lady Gaga's as weird as they come.

Why must you always derail a thread? And if you aren't going to positively contribute to a thread, kindly stay out of it.

:vlol: is all I can say.

But on topic:

As I personally (for lack of better words) hated the performance (yes, I thought it was weird), I do think it meant something along the lines of fame killing a person; or bringing them down and the fame starts to work against them and they're completely shunned from society, and as someone said earlier MJ is a great example of that. She's extremely creative and has a different kind of head on her shoulders (take that as a compliment or an insult to her, but it's still my opinion so don't fight me on it), but she does things a little too over the top for me.

Changeling
17-09-09, 22:27
Why does everyone seem to hate weird? I like things like Paparazzi - it's a major reason as to why I love Lady GaGa so much - embrace the weirdness! :D

Gabi
17-09-09, 22:28
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=143571&page=118

Please continue there. :)