PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider + school = win?

aurora89
18-09-09, 03:14
For one of my classes I have to write about having my own child, from conception through adolescence. I'm not allowed to write about adopting a child, and since I a) cannot get pregnant and b) SERIOUSLY DO NOT WANT to be pregnant, my lesbian partner Amanda is apparently giving birth. :P I don't know. It was just a random silly thought I had that on second thought seemed like a great idea for getting around the horrifying idea of being pregnant. I don't necessarily think Amanda and Lara are/were romantically involved, but hey, it's just a paper. :p I'm not even calling myself Lara or anything in the paper, just mentioning rock-climbing and hiking expeditions and speaking tons of languages.

Have you ever used Tomb Raider in a school project? I'm planning on using it in a psychological experiment for a required class next year, if I can. I'm curious to hear your experiences, as I'm sure SOME people on here have them. ;)

Ikas90
18-09-09, 10:38
I've used the Tomb Raider movie in a school project! :D

It was an assignment for English. Basically I had to write about how the movie portrays "physical journeys". And of course, Lara Croft goes on a physical journey.

mind
18-09-09, 10:46
Yeah for the first time in Slovak essay, then in Information technologies project, English and French essays numerous times... :yik: really cant think of all of them...

aurora89
06-10-09, 11:52
I am currently giving a speech in French about Lara. >_< "Elle voyage beaucoup et parle beaucoup des langues. Elle ne travaille pas parceque elle est tres riche. Elle deteste les corgis." Hehe.

Phys
06-10-09, 11:54
I had to study website design in my college ICT course last year, and evaluate two websites. One of them was TombRaiderChronicles.com if that counts :p

tampi
06-10-09, 12:03
I do not understand the connection between pregnancy, school project, lesbianism and finally Tomb Raider. :confused:

Yesterday, I think that I heard that Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez wants to ban video games in his country. Maybe that would be an interesting topic.:cln::o

CroftGameGirl
06-10-09, 12:47
Hmmm... I think I may have once...
I remember I used Devil May Cry 3 for English h/w and I got a C (that's good to get whilst being a third year :p)

Legend of Lara
06-10-09, 12:55
Not a video game, but I got top marks in art for a drawing of Haruhi... :p
(For the uninformed: The girl in my avatar.)

CroftGameGirl
06-10-09, 12:56
Not a video game, but I got top marks in art for a drawing of Haruhi... :p

I did that aswell actually. In English, we had to design magazines, and I did an anime one and drew Haruhi on the front cover :D Good times :D Didn't get bad marks either :pi: Despite my 'amusing' drawing skills XD

MattTR
06-10-09, 13:11
I wrote a paper about Lara Croft once.. how she was my Hero and all and how she made me meet so many friends.. :D Actually I got a B on it, but hey I'm not complaining.. :pi:

Marianna12
06-10-09, 13:13
I wrote about the Tomb Raider Movie in an essay...Got 95%:ohn:

toughraid3r37
06-10-09, 14:04
Yeah :D. I had to make up a story in French class, so i made it about a Lara Croft adventure :D. I did really good on it ;).

Nannonxyay
06-10-09, 14:36
I did a speech about the gender division in games and I mentioned Tomb Raider in there to back-up my arguments. Just the basic stuff about how Lara could be portrayed as eyecandy, but actually is a strong, independent woman. :p

Shark_Blade
06-10-09, 14:40
In my SPM (which is equivalent to high school GSCE) paper for English essay, I wrote about Tomb Raider IV The Last Revelation. It's about Werner and Lara's race for the Iris, I even wrote young Lara saying 'Watch your back old man! I warn you. I'll pull no punctures!'.

:D Such is my love for Tomb Raider. Got an A for English and went to university yay.

tombofwinston
06-10-09, 14:44
I do not understand the connection between pregnancy, school project, lesbianism and finally Tomb Raider. :confused:

Yesterday, I think that I heard that Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez wants to ban video games in his country. Maybe that would be an interesting topic.:cln::o

Wow, Ban Video games, What for ?

rowanlim
06-10-09, 14:57
I've never used Tomb Raider for any of my school work.

Dang :pi:

larasbestm8
06-10-09, 15:30
I based my GCSE Art exam all around her and got a B :D

jjbennett
06-10-09, 15:35
I did a presentation about protecting the countryside in England and had a video of croft manor being played in the background when talking about listed buildings/English Heritage and scheduled sites :)

AmericanAssassin
06-10-09, 18:20
I used both TR films in my film literature class and I wrote my senior paper on the TR franchises ups and downs. :D

xXhayleyroxXx
06-10-09, 20:46
yeah im doing an art portfolio for an etended project on ethnozoology - animals of interest & importance in ancient cultures - and lara features since some of the animal ideas were featured in the games :)

remote91
06-10-09, 20:54
Lara could be portrayed as eyecandy, but actually is a strong, independent woman. :p

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X8QNpW_dbq0/SANqtFzGkLI/AAAAAAAAANU/KwPTo0Ou1uk/s400/monique.jpg
Hell yeah!

CroftGameGirl
06-10-09, 20:55
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X8QNpW_dbq0/SANqtFzGkLI/AAAAAAAAANU/KwPTo0Ou1uk/s400/monique.jpg
Hell yeah!

You just had to, didn't you? :p

Joely-Moley
06-10-09, 20:57
I used a clip from Tomb Raider for my sound design project last year. It was meant to be a movie, but I thought it would be a little more interesting using a video game.

remote91
06-10-09, 21:04
You just had to, didn't you? :p
I'll never learn.

Uzi master
06-10-09, 23:23
I used lara for a quike parody thing, we had a few classes to change two mona lisa pictures, parody art.

Spong
06-10-09, 23:47
Have you ever used Tomb Raider in a school project?
Tomb Raider didn't exist before I left school. So that'd be a no.

Lara Croft!
07-10-09, 20:59

Indeed... :D

And no, I have never used TR while I was at school. I sometimes mention it to my students when I am teaching them relevant vocabulary.