PDA

View Full Version : Darren Brown 'The Events' - Control The Nation (did it work on you?)

RockSteady101
18-09-09, 21:12
OMG...that was epic. :D

I went to get up afterwards and my right leg and lower back felt like they weighed a tonne, I could only move after he played the clearing signal which is still ringing in my ears, oh god, that was weird.

For those who don't know, Darren Brown, a UK illusionist played a video live on TV which supposedly can convince the watcher they are unable to move from their seat, however during the show subliminal flashes were used of a white image, he kept ephising how he would not use subliminal messages during the actual film so he used them during the show...we should find out how he did it nexy week but woah, that was weird.

Any other UK watchers get stuck?

Mad Tony
18-09-09, 21:13
Is it on YouTube yet?

Lavinder
18-09-09, 21:14
Is it on YouTube yet?

It won't work on a lower resolution :).

RockSteady101
18-09-09, 21:15
Is it on YouTube yet?

Darren said that it won't work if it is shown on computers due to low resoloution but I assume 4OD has got to show it...you could try that or watch it on Channel 4 + 1, the film'll be on around 11:40pm. ;)

woody543
18-09-09, 21:16
I think it was less about the video, but more about the whole show, and the messages and things within it.

I got partially stuck, and felt very heavy, but stood up in the end.

I think you have to be very open to it in order for it work.

I love Derren Brown's shows, they fascinate me.

TRhalloween
18-09-09, 21:24
I felt a bit heavy :/

toxicraider
18-09-09, 21:27
Not at all, I think it's completely in the head, because I've gotten the effect before, when just relaxing.

I wonder if anyone rang 999 asking for help out of their chair :p

Personally I think it was a massive prank to make people sit in their chairs like idiots :D

RockSteady101
18-09-09, 21:29
he kept ephising how he would not use subliminal messages during the actual film so he used them during the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWjbI5jx0sw

:)

Spong
18-09-09, 21:42
LOL. Darren Brown?
Don't you mean Derren Brown?

Goose
18-09-09, 21:43
Not at all, I think it's completely in the head, because I've gotten the effect before, when just relaxing.

His entire concept is messing with people, not magic so its definatly some sort of placebo effect.

TRhalloween
18-09-09, 21:43
I'm going to try it again XD Freaky stuff.

larson n natla
18-09-09, 21:44
A tingle went down my legs but I could get up, my hands were ridged stuck though and tingled like mad.

Minty Mouth
18-09-09, 21:53
Didn't work at all, and I'm totally disappointed :p

Well that was a waste of time...

toxicraider
18-09-09, 21:56
His entire concept is messing with people, not magic so its definatly some sort of placebo effect.

I meant completely imagined as opposed to some subliminal messaging, or the effect of the video.

woody543
18-09-09, 21:56
Worked alot better for me second time round, it was bizarre.

Nannonxyay
18-09-09, 21:57
I'll have to try this tomorrow. I've recorded it. Hopefully it will work because I really admire Derren's tricks. If it doesn't, then I'll hate him forever. :p

Changeling
18-09-09, 21:58
It didn't get me stuck at all... gutted. The only effect I got was a pressure in my abdomen. It hasn't gone away yet but it's much less intense than it was before.

Tonyrobinson
18-09-09, 22:39
Not only was I stuck to my chair but whilst watching subject 6 crying I started tearing up too. It was freaky and very cool :D

Mad Tony
18-09-09, 23:43
What a waste. Didn't have a single effect on me. I might watch it again tomorrow. I feel like I'm missing out. :p

Lemmie
19-09-09, 00:21
Don't have a TV, might give it a go on 4od tomorrow.

Phys
19-09-09, 00:52
What a waste. Didn't have a single effect on me. I might watch it again tomorrow. I feel like I'm missing out. :p

Agreed :D Everyone I know thinks its total BS but i'm willing to give it a chance. And to be honest, i'm sure i've had this feeling that people are describing before.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-09-09, 06:58
well derren said if it didnt its because at home they are many distractions - this was my case

i did feel my elbows were heavy though, like anchor points

i have 100% faith in Derren, iv loved him ever since he first came on TV when i was younger - can't remember which show it was but us at home had to pick a place, an animal and so on and he'd guess it :cln:

I'd love to see him live!

And the show before the sticking chair bit was great!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TR FAN 18
19-09-09, 07:41
Didn't work for me. Probably because I was sitting on a bed and not a chair. :p
However, the programme was very interesting.

Did anyone see it last Wednesday where he predicted the Lottery numbers? :eek:

xXhayleyroxXx
19-09-09, 07:44
Didn't work for me. Probably because I was sitting on a bed and not a chair. :p
However, the programme was very interesting.

Did anyone see it last Wednesday where he predicted the Lottery numbers? :eek:

yeh i watch him every time he's on:ton:

Rileigh
19-09-09, 08:53
Personally I think it was a massive prank to make people sit in their chairs like idiots :D

When we were doing psycholog we had a guy who came into our class, asked for a volunteer, got him to sit at the front of the class, and spoke quietly to this one kid so know one could hear. He talked to the rest of the class about the mind and how powerful it is (a person who gets up in the morning, looks in a mirror and tells themself how great they are, and how happy they are is going to feel better and happier. And if someone gets up in the morning and looks in the mirror, tells themself how unhappy they are and how they can't do anything, well, they aren't gonna do too well)...
anyway, once he finished his little speech he told this lad to go back to his own chair, and he couldn't get up!

Okay.....I didn't see the show, but I wish I had. I find it so fascinating..

xXhayleyroxXx
19-09-09, 08:55
When we were doing psycholog we had a guy who came into our class, asked for a volunteer, got him to sit at the front of the class, and spoke quietly to this one kid so know one could hear. He talked to the rest of the class about the mind and how powerful it is (a person who gets up in the morning, looks in a mirror and tells themself how great they are, and how happy they are is going to feel better and happier. And if someone gets up in the morning and looks in the mirror, tells themself how unhappy they are and how they can't do anything, well, they aren't gonna do too well)...
anyway, once he finished his little speech he told this lad to go back to his own chair, and he couldn't get up!

Okay.....I didn't see the show, but I wish I had. I find it so fascinating..

thanks for sharing, i find things like this interesting also. Im gonna try the mirror thing :)

CuteKittenlol
19-09-09, 09:04
I was laid down while i was watching it so it didnt work on me :p We recorded it though so i might watch it again later if i have nothing better to do XD

moodydog
19-09-09, 11:35
i felt myself sink into the chair and it felt dead wierd... however, after 3 seconds i got distracted by my bothers silly remarks throught the rest of the video, and i couldnt concentrate. :hea:

Laralissa
19-09-09, 11:39
I started crying >_> I really dont know why, it was a strange feeling. But I didnt feel 'stuck' by the end, just really heavy and freaked out.

marla_biggs
19-09-09, 11:53
I felt like I could get up but just couldn't be bothered. hmm...

XJakJakX
19-09-09, 12:25
I was really hoping it would work on me but it didn't.:( I just stood up normally and was quite disappointed.

EgyptianSoul
19-09-09, 12:26
I wonder whether or not Derren uses his tricks on his boyfriend, friends etc... ;)

corey01
19-09-09, 12:33
haha It didnt work for me, then again I didnt sit on a chair..:o

I Need A Map
19-09-09, 12:50
It didnt work on me or my mates who all watched it at my house while having a few beers... 1 friend did slip and fall on his face but he was drunk at the time so that doesn't count!:ton:

larson n natla
19-09-09, 13:02
Promise everybody my hand were rigid stuck but my legs were only heavy I could move them still did anyone sit in the position he asked to ?

Nannonxyay
19-09-09, 13:23
I couldn't concentrate on it longer than twenty seconds. My legs started feeling heavy and an overwhelming sense washed over me, so I had to look away. :o

remote91
19-09-09, 16:46
It might have worked if one of my mates didn't decide to start laughing halfway through the subliminal film