PDA

View Full Version : Do you all ever take "breaks" from websites?

laracroftswest
20-09-09, 07:34
If so what?

I sometimes have posting crazes here but then I stop. And for you all?

Ikas90
20-09-09, 07:40
I certainly never stop coming on this forum, even if I don't post for days. I still browse and read.

But I take breaks from sites like deviantArt and photobucket, etc.

LightningRider
20-09-09, 07:55
Never, this forum and the inernet are important parts f my daily life, but not to much that I lose reality. :)

AODdigger
20-09-09, 07:57
I have TRF breaks all the time. I started having them maybe a year and a half ago and I can't explain it. Sometimes I'm just too.. ashamed or embarrassed to come here and post it's .. weird I know, especially for a guy with ego like mine but I still think TRF's one of the best things that's happened to me.

Thank you guys :hug:

Cochrane
20-09-09, 07:57
Yeah, sometimes I do because sites just tend to get boring, or because there's a lot of things happening in real life. And sometimes I do because I'm on a vacation where I can't trivially get an internet connection

Heckler
20-09-09, 08:04
yes.....especially this one....Some people on the forum can get a little too much to handle at time....
When there is some rascist comment or some international controversy crap in the news....I stay far away from here....
Pollitician wannabes annoy me....

Last year i used to be addicted to TRF...But i guess its lost its charm seeing as lots of people dissapointed with TRU left....

sheepydee
20-09-09, 08:16
I like this forum i do , but occaisnly i need a break :o , but i do that on a few other sites too.. shamefully the other forums dont have an "open chat" thread or even a chatbox so its not as good to get to know the members , but yeah. i tend to take breaks from websites , but TRF is like.. the best IMO

Nannonxyay
20-09-09, 08:34
yes.....especially this one....Some people on the forum can get a little too much to handle at time....
When there is some rascist comment or some international controversy crap in the news....I stay far away from here....
Pollitician wannabes annoy me....

Last year i used to be addicted to TRF...But i guess its lost its charm seeing as lots of people dissapointed with TRU left....

Totally agreed. I get a bit tired of seeing people slinging backward and forward about how Obama did this and some other bloke did this. It just causes drama and results in people getting banned.

Marianna12
20-09-09, 08:34
Short breaks, yes. Not because I'm bored of it, but because I need to do something new:)

scion05
20-09-09, 09:48
Totally agreed. I get a bit tired of seeing people slinging backward and forward about how Obama did this and some other bloke did this. It just causes drama and results in people getting banned.

Agreed. Not to mention the posts look bloody boring aswell... :D

TRhalloween
20-09-09, 09:53
Not really. TRF is one of the very few websites I go to and I don't take breaks from here.

msalpha2omega
20-09-09, 10:14
I keep TRF open in a tab all day long xD
But sometimes I don't look at it for hours, and when I come back there are more things to read.... But I almost ever close it while I'm on the Internet.....

tomblover
20-09-09, 10:16
TRF is constantly open in a tab here. :D

As for other sites, I check them once or twice during the day.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-09-09, 10:36
yeah i do, this is the only forum i dont do it too!

Your_Envy*
20-09-09, 10:38
No. :) When I don't have time because of the school my computer is turned off, but otherwise I never say to myself "Oh I need a break for a week," or something. :p

lararoxs
20-09-09, 10:48
I still read and browse even if I don't post.

I have been away recently though because we are moving house and don't get the internet until the 28th!:(

BlackRainbow
20-09-09, 11:35
Yeah. Sometimes I just don't have the strength to daily update myself on all the goddamn websites I'm a member of. D: Like facebook, youtube, bdb, trf (don't hit me)... :pi:

xx_Hunt_xx
20-09-09, 13:01
Yeah i do..not alot, i just find myself getting bored of it, but within a few days im back again :)

irjudd
20-09-09, 15:39
It doesn't seem necessary, as I don't lose anything by going to the websites I go to. It's not like they tire me out or anything.

lacryjr
20-09-09, 15:41
Short breaks, yes. Not because I'm bored of it, but because I need to do something new:)

This.

Drone
20-09-09, 15:42
short breaks time after time. had only one or two long breaks tho

Minty Mouth
20-09-09, 15:52
TRF is constantly open in a tab here. :D

As for other sites, I check them once or twice during the day.

Pretty much.

Sometmes, I inadvertantly take breaks because I am busy etc, and I dont get the chance to post.

NemesisX13X
20-09-09, 15:56
Internet = Daily Life.

:D

Shauni
20-09-09, 17:28
I have to take breaks from everything eventually, so I take breaks from here too I suppose. I tend to focus on one interest for days on end, so I get burnt out quickly and move on to the next thing haha

Angelus
20-09-09, 17:44
This.

You forgot the ":wve:" smiley.

irjudd
20-09-09, 17:45
You forgot the ":wve:" smiley.

+1 :wve:

Hermina94
20-09-09, 17:56
that happened to me.I used to post like CRAZY here//lasted three days//and then I suddenly stopped...it was because I had places to go to and stuff to do.And then after a week a started posting again :D
A month ago,I finally got myspace,and was all hyper about it,but now,I never even log in.I just got bored with it.

Nerd For Life
20-09-09, 18:15
No. :) When I don't have time because of the school my computer is turned off, but otherwise I never say to myself "Oh I need a break for a week," or something. :p

Exactly this.

ihatecold17
20-09-09, 22:09
I was gone from here for 9 months? So i guess.

I didnt do it intentionally though, i really would only do that if i was uninterested in a website

Encore
20-09-09, 23:31
I often take long breaks from deviantART. That's a great site to host your artwork but if you get caught up in the tide there, it's just plain suffocating to your creativity and sometimes even to your self confidence.

As for TRF, don't plan on taking any breaks. Sorry guys. :D

Nerd For Life
20-09-09, 23:34
I often take long breaks from deviantART. That's a great site to host your artwork but if you get caught up in the tide there, it's just plain suffocating to your creativity and sometimes even to your self confidence.

Yay. :D

Minty Mouth
20-09-09, 23:34

Theres always the ban-hammer...:pi:

Encore
20-09-09, 23:35
Now that you mention it, I was banned for some days.. twice. :vlol:

irjudd
20-09-09, 23:35
Theres always the ban-hammer...:pi:

You generally have to make a complete ass of yourself for that. And Encore is pretty awesome 90% of the time (less the few days she mentioned). :tmb: No worries there.

Rai
20-09-09, 23:37
I took a break from a website that I used to visit all the time (it is currently taking a very long sabbatical from itself at the mo). I found that real life was more important and I was spending maybe a little too much time there than perhaps I should. Didn't last long, I was back shortly after to host a fan fic comp. :vlol:

Now I simply try to regulate my time at any one website and online in general a little more sensibly.

Minty Mouth
20-09-09, 23:37
You generally have to make a complete ass of yourself for that. And Encore is pretty awesome 90% of the time (less the few days she mentioned). :tmb: No worries there.

Guess I'm gonna have to find another way of.....

*Ehem*

Great :D

Sir Croft
20-09-09, 23:38
I must confess I've been finding TRF quite boring lately save some threads. But I don't think I'll take any break for a while, maybe I won't post that much but no break.

Andariel
21-09-09, 00:08
I regularly go to myspace, youtube, trf, another forum and that's it. I left a lot of websites I regularly went to years ago because they were rude, immature, and boring.

peeves
21-09-09, 01:47
I take breaks once in a while on this site and other sites too. ;)