PDA

View Full Version : how would you like a Lara with the fighting skills of Alice (from the RE movies) ?

michaeldt
20-09-09, 12:31
what would you think? Alice had some really good fighting skills in the Resident Evil movies, imagine Lara running off walls and then jumping in the air to then give the enemy a facepalm with her foot? it would add some great combat to the game! :cln: maybe she could develop the skills while progressing through the game? Discuss

_Awestruck_
20-09-09, 13:08
I know I'd like to see you creating less pointless threads, but I'm not a mod so I can't criticize.

But Alice was cool but most of her fighting moves from Extinction were with the swords. It might be a bit much.

GenyaArikado
20-09-09, 13:42
from RE1 movie yes, why? because they are plausible

Carbonek_0051
20-09-09, 13:45
No I wouldn't, Alice's fighting moves were too over the top.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-09-09, 13:48
vid please?

Trfansince1996
20-09-09, 14:12
Nah, it wouldnt work for TR. Lara is not a superhuman. Tho I do like Alice's fighting :P.

michaeldt
20-09-09, 14:18
I know I'd like to see you creating less pointless threads, but I'm not a mod so I can't criticize.

Pointless?

MsRedFoxx
20-09-09, 14:26
I think that Lara needs some more melee moves and a sword would be cool in Origins. Alice and Lara are kinda the same, they are both tough chicks who know how to use wepons and are very gymnastic in their fighting style so I think it would be kind of good to pinch some of the fighting styles as atm Lara's is lacking slightly and needs more moves imo.

But if Lara starts using swords and becomes too badass she could become like Ruby in WET too much so I'd be careful.

_Awestruck_
20-09-09, 16:04
Pointless?

You make more threads than anyone here, and usually they're about littler subjects that can be discussed elsewhere.

PinkyPromise
20-09-09, 16:19
Bad idea!!!!

Alice is the Worst caracter of the RE films!!!

Tear
20-09-09, 16:28
As long as they're kick-ass and REALISTIC. I don't want Lara to turn into a cartoon character and do crazy, fake moves.;)

Shark_Blade
20-09-09, 16:30
Bad idea!!!!

I think she's great. :)

Anyway I don't want Alice's super over the top power for Lara. Lara is still "human" and vulnerable that's what makes her a great character and players can relate to.

Sir Croft
20-09-09, 16:55
How about normal fighting skills? :)

msalpha2omega
20-09-09, 17:05
Alice is cool, but I prefer more human moves for Lara................

lacryjr
20-09-09, 17:08
How about normal fighting skills? :)

I would agree. :rolleyes:

Morsusmihi
20-09-09, 19:30
When I saw the thread title, at first I was thinking Alice from American McGee's Alice. You can see how well I pay attention to things in parenthesis :o.

Anywho, no. I think a unique form of fighting would be best.

PS. Alice from American McGee's Alice rocks. Who ever thought of using a deck of cards as a weapon?

RAID
20-09-09, 20:15
Alice from the first movie...maybe, since she was still a normal human.

Lee croft
20-09-09, 20:43
vid please?

your wish is my command

2uJ0ZJ7iTjg

xXhayleyroxXx
20-09-09, 20:57
thanks hun :) i likey :)

larafan25
20-09-09, 22:08
how about a well animated punch and kick with some nice meele improved from underworld and a better gunplay system that seemlessly go together into the perfect combat system?:)
actually I just watched the video and YESS PLEAASEEE!!!!:D

msalpha2omega
20-09-09, 22:24
your wish is my command

2uJ0ZJ7iTjg

I love that scene!!!!!

JRod2208
20-09-09, 22:32
Just watched the vid...

Well, getting past not being able to see much of anything because the camera seemed to be controlled by a ten year old on a sugar rush, I'd have to say no. It was just too over the top, I'd just be happy if Lara knew some kickboxing moves.

Eleana
20-09-09, 23:01
Combat has never been Tomb Raiders strongest point, so I'm going to say no. Although I think the combat system is important, I would like more focus on the puzzles and enviroment. I'd like the next TR to be more about the game than about Lara.

toughraid3r37
21-09-09, 01:53
what would you think? Alice had some really good fighting skills in the Resident Evil movies, imagine Lara running off walls and then jumping in the air to then give the enemy a facepalm with her foot? it would add some great combat to the game! :cln: maybe she could develop the skills while progressing through the game? Discuss

I think that would be SWEEET!! :D

Altair
21-09-09, 02:12
Sounds like fun. :)

Combat has never been an area of focus in Tomb Raider, but it would be interesting to see more hand to and moves implemented.

larafan25
21-09-09, 02:21
Combat has never been Tomb Raiders strongest point, so I'm going to say no. Although I think the combat system is important, I would like more focus on the puzzles and enviroment. I'd like the next TR to be more about the game than about Lara.

how is that affected by combat improvements, combat isn't improved for lara it is improved for the people playing the game...CD have been doing the puzzles and exploration pretty well, but no one has gotten combat yet, so it would be wise to stop and realize that doing the same combat system over and over again will not fix anything and that it actually needs to be more open and fun:)

I think that is actually something being worked on for TRO, it seems they are finally deciding on a combat style and making it work so that they can then implement combat seemlessly into the puzzles and exploration like promised in underworld, but unfortunately not played on ....

miss.haggard
21-09-09, 02:59
No thanks, I dont want hand to hand combat, and I would be happy even if the gunplay got toned down a little (but not extinguished) Just isnt something I think can help TR, and something I dont think CD can pull off.

This next game needs to be innovative, it needs to open eyes - not just copy and paste things from other games/genres. Be Tomb Raider.

Atlantisfreak666
22-09-09, 21:38
Bad idea!!!!

Word.

Larapink
23-09-09, 00:31
I think Lara needs more hand to hand combat instead of shooting with guns all the time.