PDA

View Full Version : How does technology suddenly become available?

Phlip
20-09-09, 13:59
Like with the PS1 days, how come the graphics weren't as good as PS3? And with the PS3 Slim, how does the technology just become available to make it smaller and still work the same, but a few years ago that wasn't possible?

sheepydee
20-09-09, 14:00
Like with the PS1 days, how come the graphics weren't as good as PS3? And with the PS3 Slim, how does the technology just become available to make it smaller and still work the same, but a few years ago that wasn't possible?
Coz , peoples intelligence compared to now and back when PS1's were made there is a big difference

Legend of Lara
20-09-09, 14:38
Comes with experience and money, I guess?

irjudd
20-09-09, 14:53
It's just the way it works. The more you mess around with an experiment, the more efficient you become with it.

In the case of computing, it's been a matter of figuring out ways to make circuitry smaller, more efficient heat dissipation in order to raise clock speeds. Also, the smaller the circuitry the more computing cores can be crammed onto a single chip. It's just been a matter of time really. It's not that the technology didn't exist yet, but that engineers had yet to figure out the best methods of design.

Cochrane
20-09-09, 15:00
To make technology as great as possible, you have to solve a lot of problems, which requires a lot of thought and money. Many of these problems only become apparent once you solved earlier ones as well. So the more problems you solve, the better technology becomes.

Punaxe
20-09-09, 15:02
It's just the way it works. The more you mess around with an experiment, the more efficient you become with it.

In the case of computing, it's been a matter of figuring out ways to make circuitry smaller, more efficient heat dissipation in order to raise clock speeds. Also, the smaller the circuitry the more computing cores can be crammed onto a single chip. It's just been a matter of time really. It's not that the technology didn't exist yet, but that engineers had yet to figure out the best methods of design.

Furthermore, computers are used to design computers. If you have a faster computer, you can design an even faster computer, and if you have 90nm chips, you can design 45nm chips, and so on...

TRfan23
20-09-09, 15:02
It all comes down to Japanese people solving from the most simplest to complex maths equations. By using chemicals like Acids they dissolve away bits of silicon chip material to make the chips small enough and cram the components on... - according to a physics teacher at my old school.

^ Like irjudd said but more elaborated, technology has always been on this earth! *Has his everyday typical sneezing fit :(* Just people had to figure out the right natural chemicals formed together to create what's we have today. I say in the next 1000 years there'll be technology completely unknown to us today, but the chemicals to make the equipment is somewhere on this planet ;)

I mentioned Japanese, because they are supposedly the most intelligent people in the world when it comes to technology.

Phlip
20-09-09, 16:50
Quite interesting isn't it?

irjudd
20-09-09, 16:53

I mentioned Japanese, because they are supposedly the most intelligent people in the world when it comes to technology.

I think it might have more to do with the way their government operates than with their intelligence by comparison. Their leadership seems more interested in innovation and becoming a technological superpower, while the US government is more interested in... stupid things.

Uzi master
20-09-09, 17:08
well the bad thing is they have the highest sicide rates for kids in kindergarden:( (they make kids go to achool at 4 and have 12 hours in school so there gonna be smart...)

Drone
20-09-09, 17:09

Japanese have a gift. It's not a government or something.

TRfan23
20-09-09, 17:12
^ Not to mention the amount of fish they have ;) Brain Food :mis:

Encore
20-09-09, 17:13

Haha :D Actually the japanese diet is suposedly the best in the world, at least in terms of health and longevity, maybe it also influences the brain.

Drone
20-09-09, 19:30

yeah, actually why not. When I can't write another line in a program code I'm thinking of moving to Japan and eating one fuga fish or two