PDA

View Full Version : Memory erase-pick 5

Lara Croft!
20-09-09, 19:44
I was watching Star Wars again and I thought how surprised I was when Vader told Luke about his origins the first time I had watched it. And I really envied a friend of mine who was watching the movies for the 1st time had no idea. I wish I could wipe that movie out of my memory so that I could relive the excitement.

Which 5 moments would you like to erase from your mind, just to have the pleasure of reliving them?
You can choose anything, from personal moments, to movies and comics you know and remember all too well.

Mine...
1. Star Wars
2. The Lord of the Rings
3. Tomb Raider Games
4. Some of the trips I have been to, e.g Prague and Cambodia
5. Many movies with a huge turn, like SAW I.

Minty Mouth
20-09-09, 19:45
Final Fantasy X.

I always thought that would be great :)

Sorry only 1 from me

Catracoth
20-09-09, 19:49
Which 5 moments would you like to erase from your mind, just to have the pleasure of reliving them?

Uh, this doesn't really make sense. If I have them erased, why would I want to relive them? Especially if they were a one-time thing that already passed like a concert or a party? How would I relive that?

Lara Croft!
20-09-09, 19:55
This can't happen either way, it's a hypothetical question and the point is to share things that are very important to you.

If you get too analytical, what point is there to relive something you have forgotten? Then you'll be just like the 1st time and you'll still want more.

Catracoth
20-09-09, 19:56
This can't happen either way, it's a hypothetical question and the point is to share things that are very important to you.

If you get too analytical, what point is there to relive something you have forgotten? Then you'll be just like the 1st time and you'll still want more.

http://i25.************/29gol8w.jpg

Still doesn't make sense to me. I honestly have no idea what you just said.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-09-09, 19:58
1 - discovering each tomb raider game
2 - first kiss and being with that guy
3 - disneyland paris when my parents were together
4 - lying in bed with my best friend talking about absolute crap when my other friend was trying to get some sleep :ton:
5 - times when me and my sis have got on well :)

Mad Tony
20-09-09, 20:01
Uh, this doesn't really make sense. If I have them erased, why would I want to relive them? Especially if they were a one-time thing that already passed like a concert or a party? How would I relive that?How does it not make sense? Seeing a film you really like for the second, third or fourth time or whatever is never as good as the first time you saw it because you already know what's going to happen. Stop trying to be awkward and stop posting those stupid GIFs, they're just not funny anymore.

There's more than 5 things I'd wanna erase from my mind just so I could have the pleasure of watching/playing them for the first time again, but if I had to choose it would be...

The entire West Wing series. It took me over 7 months to watch them all and I was watching 1 pretty much every other day.

Die Hard trilogy

Goodfellas

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (still fun to play through again though)

Every James Bond film

xx_Hunt_xx
20-09-09, 20:08
How does it not make sense? Seeing a film you really like for the second, third or fourth time or whatever is never as good as the first time you saw it because you already know what's going to happen. Stop trying to be awkward and stop posting those stupid GIFs, they're just not funny anymore.

Well said :)

1) Watching the big balloons fly over the mersey river with my nan when i was younger
2) Playing sonic the hedgehog on the school yard with best friend :)
3) Completing TR2 for first time
4) Passing high school
5) First kiss

Tony9595
20-09-09, 20:10
Perfectly said Mad Tony :tmb:

---------

Great idea Lora :tmb:
Let's see... Things I'd love to relive.

1.- The first five Tomb Raiders
2.- Angel of Darkness has it's special charm so I'll put it apart
3.- My graduation party day :)
4.- The day I got drunk on the lake :eek:
5.- The day I joined TRF :D

msalpha2omega
20-09-09, 20:24
Nice thread!:tmb:

1)The whole Harry Potter book series.
2)First time I ate ice-cream(No matter how hard I try I can't recall what it felt like).
3)When I learned I made it into Univercity.
4)First time I played TR.
5)First kiss with my boyfriend.

I know no.2 is kinda stupid but, what can I say, I like ice-cream:jmp::jmp:

xXhayleyroxXx
20-09-09, 20:34
Nice thread!:tmb:

1)The whole Harry Potter book series.
2)First time I ate ice-cream(No matter how hard I try I can't recall what it felt like).
3)When I learned I made it into Univercity.
4)First time I played TR.
5)First kiss with my boyfriend.

I know no.2 is kinda stupid but, what can I say, I like ice-cream:jmp::jmp:

thats not stupid - i love this time i went to eyemouth and ate blue moon italian gelato ice-cream = heaven.

irjudd
20-09-09, 20:37
Hmm? Ah yes Lora, it is as clear as an autumn day what the point of this thread is. :tmb:

I'd like to relive the first time I saw The Return of the King in theaters, and the first Nightwish song I ever heard, the first time I played Zelda Ocarina of Time, the moment I met my wife, and any moment in my childhood of being in the basement listening to my brother and his band covering Rush songs.

Carbonek_0051
20-09-09, 20:42
I would love to relive the very first moment I set foot into Disneyland, I wish I could relive my god daughter being born, playing Tomb Raider for the PS1 for the first time, playing Kingdom Hearts, & my first kiss.:)

Mad Tony
20-09-09, 20:44
I'd like to relive the first time I saw The Return of the King in theatersI remember that. Epic film. I think I went to see it like 3 times lol. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
20-09-09, 20:46
I would love to relive the very first moment I set foot into Disneyland, I wish I could relive my god daughter being born, playing Tomb Raider for the PS1 for the first time, playing Kingdom Hearts, & my first kiss.:)

disneyland is soooo good:ton:

Zebra
20-09-09, 20:47
I'd like to erase everything I know about Uncharted 2 (except for the release date :p) from my mind so I could play the game fully unspoiled.

Ada the Mental
20-09-09, 20:51
How does it not make sense? Seeing a film you really like for the second, third or fourth time or whatever is never as good as the first time you saw it because you already know what's going to happen. Stop trying to be awkward and stop posting those stupid GIFs, they're just not funny anymore.
Thanks for posting this, I now don't have to post what would have been a very rude response.

1) My first concert. 'twas Scorpions.
2) The first time I read the LotR trilogy.
3) Same with the Potter series. :p (No, it's not lame, shut up!)
4) Fight Club.
5) And I'd love to be able to rewatch some tv series without reading spoilers this time round. :p

There are many personal moments I'd love to relive, too, but I can't pick.

Catracoth
20-09-09, 22:29
Oh here we go.

Did you not read the rest of it? I was addressing the personal moments; I gave examples such as a party or concert; if I erase the memory of that, I won't be able to relive it. That's all.

Erasing memories to relive a show or movie makes sense and is understandable. Erasing personal moments is not, since you won't be able to relive it. Maybe if you paid attention to my post you quoted, this whole ordeal could have been avoided.

But no, you had to waltz in there with your holier-than-thou personality like always. "Oh look at me, I have over 30k posts, I own this town." Hardy-har-har.

I'll post as many GIFs as I please, for they are for my own enjoyment. Go stick your head in the sand somewhere and get a grip on reality. If you don't like it, then I personally invite you to go to your User Control Panel, enter my name in the Block List, and click submit.

And as for you loyal pigeon followers to "Mad Tony" - you know who you are - you can do the same. I won't bother wasting my time on heathens.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-09-09, 22:36
Oh here we go.

Did you not read the rest of it? I was addressing the personal moments; I gave examples such as a party or concert; if I erase the memory of that, I won't be able to relive it. That's all.

Erasing memories to relive a show or movie makes sense and is understandable. Erasing personal moments is not, since you won't be able to relive it. Maybe if you paid attention to my post you quoted, this whole ordeal could have been avoided.

But no, you had to waltz in there with your holier-than-thou personality like always. "Oh look at me, I have over 30k posts, I own this town." Hardy-har-har.

I'll post as many GIFs as I please, for they are for my own enjoyment. Go stick your head in the sand somewhere and get a grip on reality. If you don't like it, then I personally invite you to go to your User Control Panel, enter my name in the Block List, and click submit.

And as for you loyal pigeon followers to "Mad Tony" - you know who you are - you can do the same. I won't bother wasting my time on heathens.

omg :ton:
im not getting involved in the argument, but what a way to stand up for yourself :ton: sassy :cln:

Catracoth
20-09-09, 22:39
I was just defending myself. Like I said, I understood the point of the thread, I was just inquiring about the personal moments portion, for it would be impossible to relive them. That was all I was doing before MT had to come in and have a go at me for whatever stupid reason he concocted.

Getting back on topic, I would like to erase my memory to rewatch Alias. That show was just so fantastic when it was on. I miss it so much, even though I watch it almost every other day.

Mad Tony
20-09-09, 22:48

And as for you loyal pigeon followers to "Mad Tony" - you know who you are - you can do the same. I won't bother wasting my time on heathens.Wait, when did I come in with my alleged "holier-than-thou" personality? Also, I don't believe I mentioned my post count either. Still, even if I did, better than acting like a jerk towards everybody eh?

That last part of your post did make me chuckle though. :D

Rai
20-09-09, 22:49
I kind of agree with Catrocoth. There are some memories you can't erase as you can never experience the same thing twice. Sure you can see that fave film many times. But, if you were to erase you memory of ever having seen it, and so you effectively are seeing it for the first time, you may see that film and experience something else this time. But you can't erase your memories of a concert or a first kiss because once that memory is gone, you can't get it back -ever. The concert happened several months ago, your first kiss happened 20 years ago or whatever. Unless you are planning on going back in time and having those experiences literally for the first time whilst you're at it. I mean I can't give birth to my son again can I? If I erase my memory of that experience, I simply don't have it. I wouldn't change that experience for anything in the world.

This argument is kind of tricky though as it is looking at it from a practical point of view rather than a theoretical one. Theoretically there are many experiences I wouldn't mind going through again if I could. But I don't need to as those kind of experiences are ingrained in us. I do have those memories, why erase them? Just relive them in your mind! :p

irjudd
20-09-09, 22:51
I kind of agree with Catrocoth. There are some memories you can't erase as you can never experience the same thing twice. Sure you can see that fave film many times. But, if you were to erase you memory of ever having seen it, and so you effectively are seeing it for the first time, you may see that film and experience something else this time. But you can't erase your memories of a concert or a first kiss because once that memory is gone, you can't get it back -ever. The concert happened several months ago, your first kiss happened 20 years ago or whatever. Unless you are planning on going back in time and having those experiences literally for the first time whilst you're at it. I mean I can't give birth to my son again can I? If I erase my memory of that experience, I simply don't have it. I wouldn't change that experience for anything in the world.

This argument is kind of tricky though as it is looking at it from a practical point of view rather than a theoretical one. Theoretically there are many experiences I wouldn't mind going through again if I could. But I don't need to as my those kind of experiences are ingrained in us. I do have those memories, why erase them? Just relive them in your mind! :p

A very valid point, and you see one does not even have to be a cretin about it either.

Catracoth
20-09-09, 22:52
Wait, when did I come in with my alleged "holier-than-thou" personality? Also, I don't believe I mentioned my post count either. Still, even if I did, better than acting like a jerk towards everybody eh?

That last part of your post did make me chuckle though. :D

Sorry, I just felt the need to defend myself. I'm sure you understand.

A very valid point, and you see one does not even have to be a cretin about it either.

What's your excuse?

Minty Mouth
20-09-09, 22:54

This argument is kind of tricky though as it is looking at it from a practical point of view rather than a theoretical one. Theoretically there are many experiences I wouldn't mind going through again if I could. But I don't need to as my those kind of experiences are ingrained in us. I do have those memories, why erase them? Just relive them in your mind! :p

We have to assume that we can erase all prior knowledge of the event, other than the fact that we want to experience it again. Or something like that. Its hypothetical, so rules and logic don't really apply.

If you could choose any moment to relive, assuming it would go exactly the same as it did the first time, what would you pick.

Mad Tony
20-09-09, 22:55
Sorry, I just felt the need to defend myself. I'm sure you understand.No, I don't, but ok. Whatever floats your boat.

Ada the Mental
20-09-09, 22:56
Honestly, Catracoth, sorry about before, but maybe you should also consider checking your attitude towards other posters.

Catracoth
20-09-09, 22:56
Honestly, sorry about before, but maybe you should also consider checking your attitude towards other posters.

My attitude was fine until Mad Tony made a comment.

No, I don't, but ok. Whatever floats your boat.

*shrugs shoulders*

Oh well. Right, so moving on. I wouldn't mind reliving watching the James Bond movies for the first time. Even still, they still give me the same thrill even though I've the memory of them.

Ada the Mental
20-09-09, 23:10
Really? Because you could have actually asked for clarification without trying to make someone look like a fool. Whatever, also moving on.

I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, but I wonder if I would be had I watched the movies in the order they came out, without knowing pretty much every single plot point (thank you, internet).

Rai
20-09-09, 23:12
We have to assume that we can erase all prior knowledge of the event, other than the fact that we want to experience it again. Or something like that. Its hypothetical, so rules and logic don't really apply.

If you could choose any moment to relive, assuming it would go exactly the same as it did the first time, what would you pick.

Yes, I know what you are saying. In a hypothetical sense there are experiences I wouldn't mind re-experiencing. But to be fair to my point, the OP is asking what memories would we erase to enable us to re-experience for the first time. When, if you wipe you're memory of the event, you can't go back. If you wiped your memory of the event would you remember doing it in the first place? :p

Your question makes a little more sense to me (sorry Lara croft!) So for the purpose of the thread then:

Seeing my son for the first time
Pretty much all of my son's 'firsts'
Experience reading the Harry Potter series for the first time.
My first (and only) swimming badge
Looking into my most recent (now ex) boyfriend's eyes and wishing I could be lost in them.

Encore
20-09-09, 23:24
Wow.... Talk about completely hijacking a harmless thread!! :eek: :vlol:

Anyways...

I'd love to play every Core Tomb Raider for the first time again... :cln: Every time I replay them I feel a little nostalgic about taking me weeks and months to finish a game!

As for movies: the only movie I can think of that totally blew me away the first time I watched it was Saw(the first one). Honestly. It's not that big a deal right now but at the time it was an unknown movie that I watched without knowing anything about the story, and the way it unfolded with me unaware was one of the best experiences of being "shocked" in a movie theater. It's not like it's my favourite movie or anything, but it was the most surprising one and I'd love to revive it.

TBH, there are also some episodes about my life which I'd like to erase from my memory but.... only if I DON'T have to revive them. :pi:

Nerd For Life
20-09-09, 23:26
TBH, there are also some episodes about my life which I'd like to erase from my memory but.... only if I DON'T have to revive them. :pi:

Yes, same here. :pi:

I'd like to revive reading Harry Potter series for the first time again, watching the Matrix (only first movie), watching Heroes...

Reggie
20-09-09, 23:29
I'd prefer to erase the bad experiences from my life first but I'm not going to make a list of those. The risk with repeating something that was good at the time is that it may not the same as it was before which could diminish what made it so good which is why I'd rather try and change a bad event. I couldn't help but think carefully about this one.

trXD
20-09-09, 23:48
I wish i could have played FFVII without knowing that you-know-who was killed by you-know-what but people are really careless about that spoiler these days...

Reggie
20-09-09, 23:53
I wish i could have played FFVII without knowing that you-know-who was killed by you-know-what but people are really careless about that spoiler these days...
I played it when I had no idea what FFVII was like. FFVIII was my first and so I expected more of that (as opposed to the fans who expected FFVIII to be more like FFVII!) anyway, the whole game was a surprise from start to end include that death twist.

Legend 4ever
21-09-09, 00:09
If it's a good movie I will hopefully have the feeling of watching it for the first time everytime I see it.

With me that happened with MEAN GIRLS, SCREAM, SUSPIRIA, GOTHIKA, HOSTEL II, THE DESCENT and some others I can't really recall.

LaraLuvrrr
21-09-09, 00:49
Tomb Raider

Chocolat

The Kills and the Dead Weather

thats all i could come up with for now..

oh yea and wicca and world religions

larafan25
21-09-09, 00:54
1) the day I saw the leaked tomb raider origins info

2) completing tomb raider legend for the first time

3) completing AOD for the first time

4) christmas of 2000

5) the best halloween ever!:)

Beans-Bot
21-09-09, 01:02
1) Any given day with a relative that's now passed just so I could see them again.
2)Some day from 4th grade [besides 9/11]. I had my two best friends, recess, made good grades. Life was good. :)
3)First day of High School
4)7th Grade English, my teacher being literally taken back by how well I wrote something.
5)Whenever I've laughed really hard, just to get that weird feeling in your stomach. :D

I'm afraid that books/movies/games just seem trivial to me on the grand scale of things [as they should]. :o

Lara Croft!
21-09-09, 15:02
Another one, would be creating this thread from scratch to pose a question after I have thought every possible aspect of philosophy, physics and time-traveling.

That's what I was saying. When I say erase 5 events from your memory, of course I don't mean a whole life. Relive either a personal moment (by going back in time) or watching a movie again (now or again by going back in time).

Did I really have to explain all that? The point of it was to post 5 moments of your life that are very important to you and you wish you could have that feeling again.

You made a comment first and you had every right to do so, but then when I tried to explain it to you, you posted a gif that either makes you look stupid and unable to understand what I'm saying, or you posted it to make me look stupid. English is not my mother tongue, so I may make mistakes, but I don't think that I'm that stupid so as not to be able to explain something.

This thread's purpose was a whole different thing than it turned to be.

Please everyone, make no more comments, if you find the question vague or stupid, then perhaps, don't reply and visit another thread. If anyone wants to send me a public message in my profile or pm, is more than welcome.

Your_Envy*
21-09-09, 15:16
Meeting my best friend Meeting Hanna (BlackRainbow) Harry Potter books Prom some places I went like Egypt, Sweden.. :)

Nenya awakens
21-09-09, 16:00
The whole of Buffy, I would love to watch that again for the very first time :D

I'd love to relive the moment i found out i was being promoted to manager at my old jewellery store as i was so proud of how hard i worked!

My first kiss with my first love :) he was a complete ass face but it was still a special moment!

I'd love to be able to read all the Anne Rice Vampire books again, i've read them so much i practically know every word!

Oh and the first time my Bf told me he loved me, well actually even the last time would do.. thats a moment i'd like to relive over and over again.

Chocola teapot
21-09-09, 16:19
The Pokemon Games.
Tomb Raider.

tombofwinston
21-09-09, 19:45
Tomb Raider
Star Trek

Catracoth
21-09-09, 19:58
You made a comment first and you had every right to do so, but then when I tried to explain it to you, you posted a gif that either makes you look stupid and unable to understand what I'm saying, or you posted it to make me look stupid. English is not my mother tongue, so I may make mistakes, but I don't think that I'm that stupid so as not to be able to explain something.

Everyone kind of got over that already...but I suppose I'll address this; I posted the GIF to express my confusion, not to make fun of you. I don't understand how that wasn't obvious. That's all.

Now, moving on...