PDA

View Full Version : Beyonce sings to cancer patient

tranniversary119
21-09-09, 02:23
K0mzVOt2CQo
I thought this was real nice of her, really sad stuff :(

Tombraiderx08
21-09-09, 02:25
Aw, that is too kind of her, bless her :)

larafan25
21-09-09, 02:25
it's really nice:)

it's totally something beyonce would do:)

such a nice person:)

wait did she forget the lyrics to her song o.o

mmm maybe not:)

Jake Croft
21-09-09, 02:49
omg, that was so cute :o

Shark_Blade
21-09-09, 02:57
She sang Halo for Michael tribute before aswell. Me like her. :)

MattTR
21-09-09, 03:00
Aww, that's so sweet! *teary eyes* I love her! :)

takamotosan
21-09-09, 03:39
Very nice :)

Mokono
21-09-09, 03:43
I know she's not able to do so with every cancer patient, but this clearly makes a big difference between her and the rest of her media partners.

laracroftswest
21-09-09, 05:29
What a nice and beautiful woman. She has been like the worlds savior this past week.

Lenochka
21-09-09, 06:47
; - ;

Wow, the blood thirsty diva (As they use to call her xD) sure has proven she is anything but that in the last week or so. I think its so amazing that she did this :)

young Lara Croft
21-09-09, 06:59
That was so nice of her to sing ! :tmb:

Your_Envy*
21-09-09, 09:15
I cried. :o That's so sweet and nice of her! :tmb:

rowanlim
21-09-09, 09:23
She's one of the nicest artistes out there :tmb:

Spong
21-09-09, 10:37
What would've been nice was if she'd done it with no one else there except the poor girl and her close family, no one else to conveniently "capture" the moment. I'm sorry, Beyonce's done it for the kudos/publicity. Had she truly cared about the girl, she'd have sung at her bedside or something and to hell with everyone else missing out.

At least, that's how I see it :)

Johnnay
21-09-09, 12:36
that was so nice for Beyonce to do:)

Domino
21-09-09, 15:29
I only started liking her since the VMA's, but that was absolutely beautiful. :)

Rai
21-09-09, 15:31
What a lovely gesture. Heartwarming stuff. :)

corey01
21-09-09, 15:34
That was soooo cute! :(!!

Lee croft
21-09-09, 15:35
Now thats sweet !!! shes so kind !!

sheepydee
21-09-09, 15:37
thta really sweet :)

Azerutan
21-09-09, 16:04
What would've been nice was if she'd done it with no one else there except the poor girl and her close family, no one else to conveniently "capture" the moment. I'm sorry, Beyonce's done it for the kudos/publicity. Had she truly cared about the girl, she'd have sung at her bedside or something and to hell with everyone else missing out.

100% agreed ;)

Chocola teapot
21-09-09, 16:15
That was absolutely Fabulous! I'm so Glad that she did that! :)

TRhalloween
21-09-09, 16:27
Never a dry eye when I watch this :hug:

Tear
21-09-09, 16:37
Damn, I'm getting all teary-eyed.:o

*richietrent*
21-09-09, 17:07
This was very touching!

Bonez
21-09-09, 17:35
Ah Beyonce. That video gave me goosebumps... Her voice is incredible and the lyrics went with that situation perfectly. I can't describe how much I love that woman.

badboy70
21-09-09, 18:32
Wow, respect.

Sir Croft
21-09-09, 18:45

Why am I not surprised?
You tend to see everything quite negatively. What would give you the idea that she's using a poor girl to get attention? She doesn't need that and I'm quite sure she has a heart too. She can be quite egocentric but I can't see her doing that.
And even if she did that for the publicity, she made the girl's life a bit more special and happy and, in the end, that's what matters.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-09-09, 18:54
i love beyonce :hug: what a lovely, genuinely nice woman

Rai
21-09-09, 18:55
^ ultimately, Beyonce didn't need to sing to that little girl at all. The surroundings shouldn't matter. No doubt her PR people first heard of the little girl and they thought of a way for Beyonce to be able to do this. Beyonce agreed to it and did a great job. The girl was obviously grateful and loved every minute of it. Sure, if she had time, she could have visited the little girl at home or hospital or whatever, but being a celebrity, no doubt doing so would have generated publicity of some kind. There probably wouldn't have been any getting a way from it. Doing this at a concert does not distract form the fact that Beyonce agreed to sing to this little girl, making her day.

tranniversary119
21-09-09, 18:59
She did it for the little girl, the girl smiled and was happy...I don't think where she could have sung to her really matters does it? I mean she got to go up on stage with beyonce while she performs that's amazing. Pretty annoying when people take something positive and turn it into something negative :rolleyes: Just Saying.

Lara Fan 4Life
21-09-09, 19:31
That was really sad! :( Very nice of Beyonce to do that!

Laurencarter
21-09-09, 19:32
Beyonce is a wonderful person, one of the nicest celebs around.

Spong
21-09-09, 19:35
Why am I not surprised?
You tend to see everything quite negatively.

Not negatively, cynically. There's a world of difference ;)

What would give you the idea that she's using a poor girl to get attention?

What would give you the idea that she isn't? She's a celebrity and, as such, good PR is the name of the game to up her record sales.

And even if she did that for the publicity, she made the girl's life a bit more special and happy and, in the end, that's what matters.

Acts like that aren't at all admirable when they're not completely selfless. I mean, what kind of damning indictment is that on the millions of faceless care workers who spend their working lives doing what they do? Are they treated to such exaltation in the media (and by extension on here)?

Yeah, that poor little girl might have had a dream come true, but I personally feel that was a side product of the "Beyonce machine". And that thought makes me choke.

But if you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that she didn't do it to increase her profile then I'll gladly take back what I say. It's just a cynical opinion. But I can't see you doing that, as I said in my first post and as I've backed up in this, had she done it selflessly for the little girl, we wouldn't even know about it.

Nannonxyay
21-09-09, 19:41
Why is it so hard to believe that Beyonce did this because she actually cared about the child? :rolleyes:

Spong, all you seem to do is turn everything into a negative thing which ends up upsetting/angering people. I think you're the one looking for attention.

Angel666
21-09-09, 19:50
The kid's happy, that should be what matters here. :tmb:

FourBalls
21-09-09, 19:52
That song gives me chills every time I hear it. What a sweet thing to do :)

Saphyre
21-09-09, 19:54
Why is it so hard to believe that Beyonce did this because she actually cared about the child? :rolleyes:

Spong, all you seem to do is turn everything into a negative thing which ends up upsetting/angering people. I think you're the one looking for attention.

I don't think he's looking for attention, its just that his opinion is different from the majority's which causes anger/upset, through no fault of his own. Its not like he's going out of his way to hurt peoples feelings and attention seek.

I personally think theres no end to the womans kindness and class :)

Kelly Craftman
21-09-09, 19:56
i love Beyonce :hug: shes so lovely first Taylor Swift now this poor little sweetheart. i wish there were more celebs like her :hug:

Marianna12
21-09-09, 19:58
Wow, absolutelly great! Very nice of her, the girl was happy!:)

Bonez
21-09-09, 20:18
Acts like that aren't at all admirable when they're not completely selfless. I mean, what kind of damning indictment is that on the millions of faceless care workers who spend their working lives doing what they do? Are they treated to such exaltation in the media (and by extension on here)?

Yeah, that poor little girl might have had a dream come true, but I personally feel that was a side product of the "Beyonce machine". And that thought makes me choke.

But if you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that she didn't do it to increase her profile then I'll gladly take back what I say. It's just a cynical opinion. But I can't see you doing that, as I said in my first post and as I've backed up in this, had she done it selflessly for the little girl, we wouldn't even know about it.

It's like your trying to say that all celebrities don't have a heart, and can't do something nice for others? Just because they are in the public spotlight doesn't mean they are thoughtless and are always trying to keep the attention on themselves. I havent seen this story plastered over the media?

As someone else said, the girl is happy and that's all that should matter.

seashell093
21-09-09, 20:26
beyonce is such a nice person :)

January_Snow*
21-09-09, 21:32
Omg, thats soooooooooo nice of her :) :) :)

Sir Croft
21-09-09, 22:46
Not negatively, cynically. There's a world of difference ;)

What would give you the idea that she isn't? She's a celebrity and, as such, good PR is the name of the game to up her record sales.

I think it's heartless to use a girl's disease to get attention. Sure, she's a celebrity and good PR is essential for her career but she doesn't really need to do that, she's not starting now. Nobody's comparing her to care workers, she just sang a song to a girl while care workers take care of hundreds of children. But that doesn't mean what she did wasn't nice, doing that for the publicity or not she still brought a smile to that little girl's face.
Now ask the girl if she thinks Beyoncé did that for the publicity.

DickDan
21-09-09, 22:50
Publicity stunt and nothing else.

WCookie
21-09-09, 22:54
I'm going to drown in my own tears :(

Cancer is such a bad thing, the kindest persons always get it, and they slowly fade away :(

I wish luck for that girl :)

And independently of being a money maker act or not, I think that at least the girl was happy and so was beyonce.

Why do we always end up talking about money?

Sir Croft
21-09-09, 22:55
Cause people think that everything celebrities do is for the sake of publicity. :rolleyes:

Saphyre
21-09-09, 22:56
I'm going to drown in my own tears :(

Cancer is such a bad thing, the kindest persons always get it, and they slowly fade away :(

I wish luck for that girl :)

And independently of being a money maker act or not, I think that at least the girl was happy and so was beyonce.

Why do we always end up talking about money?

Because the world of show business (which is related to this subject) revolves around it.

Still, it doesn't mean this wasn't a genuine act of kindness!

WCookie
21-09-09, 22:56
Cause people think that everything celebrities do is for the sake of publicity. :rolleyes:

Well at least she made the girl happy, crap!

Johnnay
22-09-09, 07:51
the part when beyonce and the girl hugged and then the girl cried was very emotional.

that girls from Newcastle though

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 08:11
Eugh, guys can you stop *****ing about her doing this as a publicity stunt? It was probably that girls "wish" to meet Beyonce. I know this because my little sister has leukemia too, and the make a wish foundation often asks performers when they come to Australia if they will forfill one of their children's wishes.

Squibbly
22-09-09, 14:31

I agree with some of this. Sure, it was a really nice thing for her to do and I bet that little girl was absolutely thrilled and was a dream come true for her. But still, Beyonce is a preforming celebrity and she makes her money that way. This would have been a huge amount of attention for her. It may not have been Beyonce looking at it as a way to get money and attention, but it could have been someone she "works" for.

Even so, I'm glad Beyonce did do this. Must have been amazing for that girl. :)

TRhalloween
22-09-09, 15:53

Selfless good deeds do not exist.

Larapink
23-09-09, 00:59
Aww that's such a sweet thing to do, to give back to others. :)