PDA

View Full Version : Oktoberfest Anyone

Johnnay
22-09-09, 02:53
im wondering about Oktoberfest this year.

i wish i went to one this year and enjoyed German culture, German Beer and Dance as well. i went to one when i was in my teens and liked it

anyone going to one this year. i like Oktoberfest:)

Mokono
22-09-09, 03:13
Ok, this thread might get closed and reopened when it's more appropriate, but anyways...

Alles Gute zum Oktoberfest :cln:!

http://i33.************/rmnsxs.jpg

There's gonna be a huge Party in the Videna, and i'm looking forward to go. They also opened a site for the whole event.

http://i34.************/2mo1ses.jpg

Seriously, i can't wait until Okt 15 :D.

irjudd
22-09-09, 03:33
There will be an Oktoberfest in the next town over from me, and I've been contemplating attending this year. I never have.

Elmer
22-09-09, 04:39
Here in Leyden, a city in the Netherlands, we have something like an oktoberfest too:) It's because... long ago, Leyden was freed from Spain on the 3rd of October:) And now there is kind of Fair with music and there is a lot of beer involved too:p Not for me though^^

Ikas90
22-09-09, 04:56
Never been to an Oktoberfest. If I ever happen to be in Germany at this time of the year, I'll be sure to check it out. I'll try not to get wasted though. :p One beer would be enough (one beer is pretty huge lol).

Ok, this thread might get closed and reopened when it's more appropriate, but anyways...

The Oktoberfest has already started.

TrojanMan
22-09-09, 05:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbPCF_Y59M

http://i38.************/2ql4spv.jpg

young Lara Croft
22-09-09, 05:36
In my city we had the first edition of Oktoberfest, it was a bit early and I don't really know why it was planned for mid September, but still it was pretty cool! :tmb:

Johnnay
22-09-09, 05:58

and Oktoberfest has started since yesterday (or the day before that) so please dont be that rude, and since when is Oktoberfest inappropriate Mokono??????

besides that i havent heard of any other Oktoberfest festivals in my area

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 06:16
In my city we had the first edition of Oktoberfest, it was a bit early and I don't really know why it was planned for mid September, but still it was pretty cool! :tmb:

Well originally it was a party to celebrate the wedding of Bavarian Royals way back in the day. So its called the Oktoberfest because the wedding itself was in October :)

young Lara Croft
22-09-09, 06:21
Well originally it was a party to celebrate the wedding of Bavarian Royals way back in the day. So its called the Oktoberfest because the wedding itself was in October :)

Interesting! :tmb: thanks!

Cochrane
22-09-09, 06:35
im wondering about Oktoberfest this year.

i wish i went to one this year and enjoyed German culture, German Beer and Dance as well. i went to one when i was in my teens and liked it

anyone going to one this year. i like Oktoberfest:)

Bavarian. Not German, Bavarian, just a part of Germany. There are many germans, millions in fact, who don't give a damn about the Oktoberfest, myself included. :D

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 06:51
Bavaria ftw! :D

No, the other 'states' are pretty awesome too. I just have a fixation with Munich in general.

voltz
22-09-09, 07:23
From Wiki:

Nearly 1,000 tons of refuse result annually from the Oktoberfest. The mountains of refuse created are hauled away and the ways cleanly washed down each morning. The cleaning is paid for in part by the city of Munich and in part by the sponsors.

:eek:

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 07:35
Meh. Im sure "the city of Munich" doesnt mind paying to have it removed. They make alot of money from the festival.

Mokono
22-09-09, 11:39
The Oktoberfest has already started.

I actually meant a discussion about alcoholic products, hmmm, maybe i exaggerated here a little bit with my random sense of tragedy. Anyways, if you thought i meant the date because of the "okt 15" part of my post, that's actually the day Videna opens it's gates for the celabration here (no one may care, but it's part of my excitement).

Bavarian. Not German, Bavarian, just a part of Germany. There are many germans, millions in fact, who don't give a damn about the Oktoberfest, myself included. :D

It's still something really exotic for me (from the "remote" land of Germany, well, Bavaria, but still in Germany so...). I'm glad this year someone took the decition to make it more organized than a few bars competition. Over here is something usually unknown that no one cares about rather than a few liquor discounts somewhere... Maybe is gonna still that way, but at least we're gonna have our own taste of Germany... Well, Bavaria :D.

BlackRainbow
22-09-09, 14:34
My German teacher is going. :vlol: