PDA

View Full Version : another bad example of animal cruelty....... in Australia Now

Johnnay
22-09-09, 10:14
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/866209/cat-shot-in-head-13-times-survives/?rss=yes

i hate it when someone does this crap stuff.

discuss

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 10:16
Eugh. There's such trash in the world.

Mad Tony
22-09-09, 10:24
It happens. Fortunately though this kind of thing probably isn't very common, hence how it makes the news. Doesn't necessarily mean the world is getting worse and worse every day, but there certainly are some sick people out there.

viper456
22-09-09, 10:26
I would love to understand what makes a person be able to stand there and shoot a living thing in the face 13 times........Seriously, wtf?!

Ikas90
22-09-09, 10:30
The cat survived? :eek:

Anyway, they'll probably only put him in jail for 6 months. You know the Australian justice system. :rolleyes:

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 10:52
Lets not get too high and mighty here, would you send someone to jail for doing the same thing to cattle?

Ah, no.

These kids need psychological help - not jail time.

Paddy
22-09-09, 10:54
Lets not get too high and mighty here, would you send someone to jail for doing the same thing to cattle?

Ah, no.

If you do anything inhumane to an animal you should be locked up.
Particularly if you just torture them which in this case they did.

viper456
22-09-09, 10:55

Ah, no.

These kids need psychological help - not jail time.

If someone shot them in the face 13 times like this then yes they should be locked up! Its sick.

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 10:58
No, these people need to learn to respect life. Sending them to jail would do much more harm then good, if anything - it would deminish their respect for life even further.

Paddy
22-09-09, 11:00
No, these people need to learn to respect life. Sending them to jail would do much more harm then good, if anything - it would deminish their respect for life even further.

Anyone who bashes an animal or even shoots the hell out of it has no respect for life, doesnt deserve any back IMO

Marianna12
22-09-09, 11:07
I would love to understand what makes a person be able to stand there and shoot a living thing in the face 13 times........Seriously, wtf?!

If someone shot them in the face 13 times like this then yes they should be locked up! Its sick.

Anyone who bashes an animal or even shoots the hell out of it has no respect for life, doesnt deserve any back IMO

100% agree here!:tmb:

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 11:11
I think youre failing to see how much more damage they could cause if they cant regain (or gain for the first time) a respect for life. How many more steps are there between violence towards an animal, and violence towards another human being? Sending people like this to jail will only be harmful, do you really think theyre going to come out "cured" after being sent to a hellish place like that?

Paddy
22-09-09, 11:16
I think youre failing to see how much more damage they could cause if they cant regain (or gain for the first time) a respect for life. How many more steps are there between violence towards an animal, and violence towards another human being? Sending people like this to jail will only be harmful, do you really think theyre going to come out "cured" after being sent to a hellish place like that?

But in some cases the person will do more harm if he is allowed to stay in society, some people cant change their ways or refuse to, they are sick putrid people. If they refuse to change, get rid of them from society, lock them up.

viper456
22-09-09, 11:17

No they probably won't come out "cured" because usually they are scum when they go in and scum when they come out. The whole idea is they get punishment for what they did in the first place. The fact that it is a hell hole should be enough to discourage people from committing a crime again as they really shouldn't want to end up back in there...unfortunately that's not always the case. Quite sad really.

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 11:17
Oh right, yeah. Lets send these 16-25yo males to jail for life. Problem solved :rolleyes:

Paddy
22-09-09, 11:18
Oh right, yeah. Lets send this 16-25 males to jail for life. Problem solved :rolleyes:

Im just stating my opinion.
I never said for life.
If they refuse to change then they dont belong in society.
Pretty much like when people murder other people, they should be locked for life.

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 11:21
Well I think we should look at the consequences of what our opinions are. If we send people like this to jail, they'll simply join the "revolving door" system. The first crime is this, then they come out - and commit another crime, possibly worse even than the one before, back in jail, in and out, in and out. If people are sick, they need to be treated, ingnoring the problem and punishing them by sending them to jail in an attempt to force behaviours out them (when clearly, such actions are failing to work) seems obviously the wrong thing to do, in my opinion.

Paddy
22-09-09, 11:22
Well I think we should look at the consequences of what our opinions are. If we send people like this to jail, they'll simply join the "revolving door" system. The first crime is this, then they come out - and commit another crime, possibly worse even than the one before, back in jail, in and out, in and out. If people are sick, they need to be treated, ingnoring the problem and punishing them by sending them to jail in an attempt to force behaviours out them (when clearly, such actions are failing to work) seems obviously the wrong thing to do, in my opinion.
But what about when treatment does nothing, what if that person never changes?
There are people who just arent treatable.
They will just keep reoffending.

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 11:24
If a person is "untreatable" then clearly the problem is a deeply rooted, psychological disoder and they will never see their actions as wrong. These people belong in mental institutions, not in jails.

TR love
22-09-09, 11:39
What grabbed my attention in this thread was "Animal cruelty" and "Australia"

But HOLY SNAP! ARGH THIS IS HAPPENING INCREASINGLY IN AUSTRALIA!!!

Like a cat got shot with a cross bow by the people who LIVE-DOWN-THE-FREAKIN-HILL FROM Me!

It makes me sick

Mad Tony
22-09-09, 11:44

Ah, no.

These kids need psychological help - not jail time.This kid certainly should be sent to jail. Not for life, but he deserves jail time none the less.

Mokono
22-09-09, 11:49
If a person is "untreatable" then clearly the problem is a deeply rooted, psychological disoder and they will never see their actions as wrong. These people belong in mental institutions, not in jails.

Maybe they should be send to do community service for like... Forever? Free labour force making society better and learning throught work. However, if everyone else fails, there's always jail as an agent of "transformation" (no one can deny the threat these people are already and the need to protect regular "functional" citizens).

Johnnay
22-09-09, 11:56
What grabbed my attention in this thread was "Animal cruelty" and "Australia"

But HOLY SNAP! ARGH THIS IS HAPPENING INCREASINGLY IN AUSTRALIA!!!

Like a cat got shot with a cross bow by the people who LIVE-DOWN-THE-FREAKIN-HILL FROM Me!

It makes me sick

( reminds himself of buckley the dog who had his ears and tail cut off in Victoria)http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/849714/butchered-buckley-finds-love-after-surgery

Cochrane
22-09-09, 12:06
But what about when treatment does nothing, what if that person never changes?
There are people who just arent treatable.
They will just keep reoffending.

So far, the ones who shot this cat have not even been found, though, so I think it's a little to early to say that they won't change. For all we know they might regret it a lot already, but are afraid of going to the police.

Nerd For Life
22-09-09, 12:15
I wish I could shot whoever did this in the face. Countless times.

michaeldt
22-09-09, 12:24
dat poor kitteh! :(

Legend of Lara
22-09-09, 12:47
Some people are just disgusting like that. I agree that anyone with no respect for life doesn't deserve any back. Lock 'em up anywhere. Jail, mental institution, whatever. Somewhere they can't harm anyone else.

Rai
22-09-09, 12:50
It sickens me to think that someone would go to this level of cruelty to animals. It's just one step away from harming a human. What did the cat do to deserve this? Did he scratch whoever did this?

The person/s who did this deserve jail time. they need to be punished so they know they can't get away with it. 6 months a year, or more, whatever a judge decides. They can probably still get psychological treatment whilst they're in jail, if it is thought necessary and then the treatment can continue once they're out of jail. And Jails aren't hell holes from what I've seen in threads here. They're cushy bedrooms with games consoles. Unless Australian jails aren't like that.

I'm just glad the cat survived this and seems in relative good health, even if he does still have two air bullets stuck in his head. Poor creature. :(

Azerutan
22-09-09, 12:51
So far, the ones who shot this cat have not even been found, though, so I think it's a little to early to say that they won't change. For all we know they might regret it a lot already, but are afraid of going to the police.
It's very easy (and convenient) to regret something AFTER you've done it.

I'm sick of these stories. Honestly...

Melonie Tomb Raider
22-09-09, 13:11
Oh goodness, that is terrible. :(

Paddy
22-09-09, 13:11

I wasnt referring to these people :p I meant criminals in general who do this sort of stuff and will reoffend.

sheepydee
22-09-09, 13:13
Thats horrible! :( poor cat :(:(:( , jeez.. wot a dump this world is _

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 14:15
Maybe they should be send to do community service for like... Forever? Free labour force making society better and learning throught work. However, if everyone else fails, there's always jail as an agent of "transformation" (no one can deny the threat these people are already and the need to protect regular "functional" citizens).

Lifelong community service? Oh man... because that plan has never backfired throughout history :vlol:

sandygrimm
22-09-09, 14:17
http://i33.************/8z0047.gif

REVENGE

Paddy
22-09-09, 14:17

REVENGE
Haha best gif ever.

Antonio
22-09-09, 14:30
When will kids learn, what this little creature did to you. I feel so bad about this cat:(.

tombofwinston
22-09-09, 14:35
Ahhhw poor cat what did it ever do to hurt anyone.

xXhayleyroxXx
22-09-09, 15:13
im so against animal cruelty! grrrr
:mad:

this is disgusting!

Shark_Blade
22-09-09, 16:11
I think youre failing to see how much more damage they could cause if they cant regain (or gain for the first time) a respect for life. How many more steps are there between violence towards an animal, and violence towards another human being? Sending people like this to jail will only be harmful, do you really think theyre going to come out "cured" after being sent to a hellish place like that?There's no point in curing people like this, some are seriously demented in the head and simply can't be 'cured' through psychological treatment.

Jail would cage these sick *******s away, protecting the public from such travesty.

TRhalloween
22-09-09, 16:15
In Australia?! :yik:

Mad Tony
22-09-09, 16:25
In Australia?! :yik::confused:

TRhalloween
22-09-09, 16:31
:confused:

He put "...in Australia now" like animal cruelty had never happened there before :p I was just being sarcastic.

Mad Tony
22-09-09, 16:34
Oh :p

jackles
22-09-09, 16:51
On topic....

because some people are out and out psychos who enjoy hurting things. Sometimes that is how nutters start out ..hurting animals before moving on to big things...like people.

pneboy
22-09-09, 16:52
http://www.theamazingcarl.com/images/dreamless_o8/Tardednesses/boom-headshot.jpg

Johnnay
22-09-09, 20:56
Lifelong community service? Oh man... because that plan has never backfired throughout history :vlol:

that'll be good. no money FTROYL:)

REVENGE

if only it was that catwoman from the simpsons:)

aileenwuornos
23-09-09, 06:23
That guy should be institutionalised for the rest of zirs natural life.
This time it was a cat, next time it will be a person.

rowanlim
23-09-09, 06:56
Thank goodness the cat survived.

I don't see animal cruelty reducing in Malaysia. I've read stories of pet dogs being chained to 1 spot, not given freedom to move & their hygiene deteriorates (they poop & pee at that 1 spot), then they get infected, someone saves them, they may lose a limb or their life, & the owners pays just RM200 fine. That's USD57.59, which is too little to pay for the torture & the death of innocent animals.

erosan
23-09-09, 09:07
There needs to be strict punishment for animal cruelty IMO. Jail time sounds good.

Paddy
23-09-09, 09:09
Course they should be, not locking them up or putting them in an institution is letting them get away with their crimes.