PDA

View Full Version : Is Sandisk Sansa Fuze (8gb) a good buy ?

Ilie_Fusarau
22-09-09, 16:26
Should I buy it ? I've read many good thing about it like this one (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2008/03/sandisk-sansa-fuze-review.php)
but I don't know if it a solid player and if its sound quality is as good as it is stated in the review .

Ilie_Fusarau
22-09-09, 18:30
:oSorry to bump , but can someone please help me ? :confused::hug:

Squibbly
22-09-09, 18:37
I have one similar to this. I had troubles with mine. I'm not sure if it's a common problem with them, but mine would often freeze up to the point I'd have to reset it. I had to reformat it a few times as well (there's an option in it) because it would stop functioning properly. It did some really crazy things.

I just did some looking around; apparently the freezing is a common thing. What's the price of it?

Ilie_Fusarau
22-09-09, 18:58
I have one similar to this. I had troubles with mine. I'm not sure if it's a common problem with them, but mine would often freeze up to the point I'd have to reset it. I had to reformat it a few times as well (there's an option in it) because it would stop functioning properly. It did some really crazy things.

I just did some looking around; apparently the freezing is a common thing. What's the price of it?
Around 80 bucks . So should I get the Clip instead?

Lenochka
22-09-09, 19:04
3Xclce9CamQ

I have never had the fuze. Although a friend of mine does and she said this review was really helpful in her decision to get one.

Squibbly
22-09-09, 19:11
Around 80 bucks . So should I get the Clip instead?

I know someone who has the clip. I can ask him about it and see what he says and get back to you on it, as I don't know much about it personally.

The Fuze might be good, I may have just had a bad experience with it. Although, like I said before, the freezing up sometimes is apparently common for a lot of people.

What I do know for sure: don't get the Sansa Express. That one is crap. :p

Ilie_Fusarau
22-09-09, 19:21
Thanks for your replies Squibbly and Lenochka :hug:
Does it scratch easily ? Do I have to buy a protective case for it :( ? Also what color is your , I'm thinking of buying the black one :cln:.

Squibbly
22-09-09, 19:25
Thanks for your replies Squibbly and Lenochka :hug:
Does it scratch easily ? Do I have to buy a protective case for it :( ? Also what color is your , I'm thinking of buying the black one :cln:.

The screen does kind of scratch easily like most music players, but you should be fine without a case as long as you take care of it and don't use it to practice juggling or as a cutting board. :D

There are scratch removal polishes you can buy for minor scratches it may get from everyday wear and tear.

Nannonxyay
22-09-09, 19:38
I have one and although it has suffered a lot of scratches and chips, it still works perfectly fine. I love the little thing. :D It's great quality and easy to use. It also doesn't come with the massive price tag.

I've never had to format mine. It's frozen a couple of times, but I tried to play corrupt files. :p

Ilie_Fusarau
22-09-09, 19:41
I have one and although it has suffered a lot of scratches and chips, it still works perfectly fine. I love the little thing. :D It's great quality and easy to use. It also doesn't come with the massive price tag.

I've never had to format mine. It's frozen a couple of times, but I tried to play corrupt files. :p
Thanks for the info , what color is yours ? Black by any chance , if so are the scratches really that visible :):confused:

Nannonxyay
22-09-09, 19:43
Thanks for the info , what color is yours ? Black by any chance , if so are the scratches really that visible :):confused:

Mine is red. The screen has a lot of scratches from where I've dropped it, which are quite noticeable, but you get that with any MP3 Player/iPod. I'm surprised it's survived as long as it has. I've dropped it down the stairs on several ocassions and it still works perfect. It's quite a tough little thing. The paint has scratched off a bit, but I have a habit of picking at it, so that might be why. :p

Ilie_Fusarau
22-09-09, 19:47
Mine is red. The screen has a lot of scratches from where I've dropped it, which are quite noticeable, but you get that with any MP3 Player/iPod. I'm surprised it's survived as long as it has. I've dropped it down the stairs on several ocassions and it still works perfect. It's quite a tough little thing. The paint has scratched off a bit, but I have a habit of picking at it, so that might be why. :p
So I take it you don't have any protective case , right? :) That means I don't need to buy any protection :cln: I'm going to order the 8gb black one :cln: :jmp: Thanks again ! :) BTW How long does the battery lasts? :):confused:

Nannonxyay
22-09-09, 19:49
So I take it you don't have any protective case , right? :) That means I don't need to buy any protection :cln: I'm going to order the 8gb black one :cln: :jmp: Thanks again ! :) BTW How long does the battery lasts? :):confused:

The battery lasts for around 20 hours. It lasts longer if the screen brightness is turned down lower. :) I don't have a protective case, but I think it would be good to get one if you want to keep it looking nice.

Ilie_Fusarau
22-09-09, 19:50
The battery lasts for around 20 hours. It lasts longer if the screen brightness is turned down lower. :) I don't have a protective case, but I think it would be good to get one if you want to keep it looking nice.
:hug: Which one should I get , the silver or the black one ?:tea::)