PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Grail?

silver_wolf
22-09-09, 23:56
Some say it's the cup used by Christ which caught his blood during the crucifixion. Others think it's an actual book written by Christ. Still others think it might be his bloodline. Or maybe it's got nothing to do with Christ at all. What do you think? Do you believe it exists or not? What do you think it is?

Tombraiderx08
22-09-09, 23:58
The ancient world is full of symbolism, so I say it could be a bloodline, but it may be a cup, what ever it may be, im sure its real :)

LaraRules81
22-09-09, 23:59
I belive it's some sort of ornate Chalice. But anything is possible :).

Larapink
23-09-09, 00:34
I always thought maybe it might be true.

The Da Vinci code was interesting though, if any of that is true..:o

Ikas90
23-09-09, 00:45
I'm pretty sure it's the last cup that Jesus drank from during the last supper. :)

Tyrannosaurus
23-09-09, 00:46
The cup which Jesus used during the last supper, which would not have been a chalice in any sense, and almost certainly doesn't exist any more.

The bloodline theory is arrant nonsense, and has no evidence to back it up.

Catracoth
23-09-09, 00:47
I always thought the Holy Grail was the cup King Arthur sought in that era. I had no idea it referenced to Christianity.

Tyrannosaurus
23-09-09, 00:49
What did you suppose was the significance of the cup Arthur was seeking then?

Catracoth
23-09-09, 00:51
I was not aware of the significance, but I was aware that it was indeed significant. I never really bothered to read into it. I only know the basics; King Arthur pulled a sword called Excalibur out of an enchanted stone. I know a bit of the back story but not much else, despite my interest in it.

silver_wolf
23-09-09, 01:09
I always thought maybe it might be true.

The Da Vinci code was interesting though, if any of that is true..:o
Not a lick of it is true. It's a fun book, but all the "facts" are utter tripe. See here. (http://www.historyversusthedavincicode.com/)

Catracoth
23-09-09, 01:12
Ha, I always thought the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons were literary crap, compared to other books I've read, but in general, they were pretty okay.

Larapink
23-09-09, 01:13
Not a lick of it is true. It's a fun book, but all the "facts" are utter tripe. See here. (http://www.historyversusthedavincicode.com/)
Thanks for the information, I read the Da Vinci code when it was first released, so I missed that fact that you pointed out just now, thanks for letting me know. :) I thought some of it was too good to be true, some of the things just didn't add up in that book.

Catracoth
23-09-09, 01:13
Like what?

larafan25
23-09-09, 01:15
I believe that I am the Holy Grail:)

Catracoth
23-09-09, 01:15
*Bows down to larafan*

:D

Uzi master
23-09-09, 01:28
(forms the athiests and takes down Larafan):p

larafan25
23-09-09, 01:28
^why thank you:D ........wait what you cannot take me down!!!:D

I actually never heard of the book version or of it reffering to a blood line related to christ...

I only knew of it as a cup or goblet sort of artifact...

I think I'll search up on it...

:)

Uzi master
23-09-09, 01:52
^why thank you:D ........wait what you cannot take me down!!!:D

wanna say that to my Uzis? :p