PDA

View Full Version : 15 minutes of fame, anyone?

Lara Croft!
23-09-09, 20:57
Have you ever appeared on TV, or in a movie etc?

What were your "15 minutes of fame"?

Last year ,I participated as an extra, in a Greek zombie movie that will be released on October 1st . It's called Evil in the time of heroes (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1314242/) . I play in the last scenes (my boyfriend and sister also came) and I'm one of the zombies. It was so fun shooting the scenes with all the fake blood and the growling and screaming. I even made it in the trailer, but only for a second, hopefully I'll be able to see my zombie face in the movie.

The trailer is on youtube, my scene is the one when the blue lighting appears.
I captured it... http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Lora160687/Lora/th_tokakotrailercap1.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Lora160687/Lora/?action=view&current=tokakotrailercap1.jpg)
I'm the one in the white T-shirt looking up. On my left is Panos and on my right, my sister. The man standing in front of us is the leading actor.

And here are some pics I took with my mobile.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Lora160687/Lora/th_DSC09235.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Lora160687/Lora/?action=view&current=DSC09235.jpg)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Lora160687/Lora/th_DSC09224.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Lora160687/Lora/?action=view&current=DSC09224.jpg)

Share your stories of "fame"....

violentblossom
23-09-09, 21:23
That's SO great, Lora! :yik: I hope we get to see you in it, what a fun and awesome experience.

I haven't really had any brushes with fame.. I've been on the news, though, and I once did a voice for a cartoon.

Your_Envy*
23-09-09, 21:32
Wooow Lora, that's amazing! :cln:

Nothing like that for me, I am afraid. Been on the radio and on the internet page for our newspaper, and things like that. :D

Nenya awakens
23-09-09, 21:36
I was interviewed in a shopping mall back in 2003 for an ITV documentry about Envy, and they asked me questions about people or things i was envious about..

I just rambled on about celebrities and people with more money then sense.

Lee croft
23-09-09, 21:43
I was on a stage singing and everyone was like YAYYY WOoooooo and then i woke up... :P seroiusly?

Nothing like that for me im afriad just your average Lee :D

-DaNnEe..
23-09-09, 21:47
I was on page 3 for some newspaper.

]{eith
23-09-09, 21:47
I was an extra in Reign of Fire. Wooh! :p I'd never want to be famous - the only appeal to me would be the money that so many people who apparently talentless seem to get for doing sweet **** all.

NemesisX13X
23-09-09, 21:48
I wish I could be in a Zombie movie :pi:

Well, when I was in 3rd grade, we had a play, and eh.... some weirdo channel recorded the stuff. :p

PandaINC
23-09-09, 21:49
I've always wanted to be an extra in a zombie movie!

Cochrane
23-09-09, 22:00
I won in the first (and in my age class only) stage of a federal science competition, which was enough to get me into the local paper (there's not a lot of things happening around here), which then got an interview with me into local radio. At the moment, that's the best I can claim. :D

Carbonek_0051
23-09-09, 22:12
{eith;4051272']I was an extra in Reign of Fire. Wooh! :p

Really?!

I love that film.

Reggie
23-09-09, 22:18
I've never been famous for anything. Not that I mind, I'm not seeking fame after all. :)
Interesting stories here though, good to read 'em.

Hyper_Crazy
23-09-09, 22:31

The Sun? Ahahaha.

Hmm, I've been on the interent, on TV in the background and thats about it.

xXhayleyroxXx
23-09-09, 22:41
iv been on the news once, newspaper, school newspaper, performed in shows and such :)

nothing as good as an zombie movie!

Minty Mouth
23-09-09, 22:49
Zero fame here, I'm afraid :(

scoopy_loopy
23-09-09, 22:52
Ive been in newspapers a couple of times when they've covered events Ive been to and such, nothing overly exciting.

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-09-09, 22:52
That's amazing, Lora. :D You look beautiful! Even as a zombie. :p

I've got an interview with PSN to appear on Sony's PSN reality game testing show. The interview is tomorrow, so I should find out soon if I'll make it or not, which is exciting. :D

Jake Croft
23-09-09, 23:04
In the background on the tv queueing up to go inside the MEN arena to see britney :whi: my mum saw me and rang me up

Tony9595
23-09-09, 23:07
I've been on the local TV news and newspaper, the day we had our graduation party, they recorded us and took pictures of it :p
BTW, I'm really glad for you Lora :D

Phys
23-09-09, 23:10
I've been in my local newspaper a couple of times, i've been on the news on tv (but only in the background).

I also was interviewed once in my school for my opinion on different issues referring to politics. The recording was shown to the government.

Not much but its a start XD

Rai
23-09-09, 23:15
Wow, that's great LaraCroft!.

The closest I've come to 'fame' is being in the local paper because of the amateur dramatics plays I've been in. I've even been recognised by a couple of old dears in the local supermarket. :o :p

remote91
23-09-09, 23:33
Wow, that's great LaraCroft!.

The closest I've come to 'fame' is being in the local paper because of the amateur dramatics plays I've been in. I've even been recognised by a couple of old dears in the local supermarket. :o :p
Lol same when I was 14-16..

Gladous
24-09-09, 00:02
I was on the news in the background at my school last May and I was standing by locker and I saw camera people so I just stared and waved and jumped a few times... :ton:

I wish I could find it on Youtube but can't. :(

Lara Croft!
24-09-09, 10:10
That's amazing, Lora. :D You look beautiful! Even as a zombie. :p

I've got an interview with PSN to appear on Sony's PSN reality game testing show. The interview is tomorrow, so I should find out soon if I'll make it or not, which is exciting. :D

That's big news! Best of luck with that interview!:hug:

Kiss-Bite
24-09-09, 10:22
I've been on the local news & papers before regarding artwork, murals I've painted & taking part in exhibitions. A friend & I was interviewed at a Madonna concert once by a TV station. The Sun newspaper has used one of my TR renders for a Tomb Raider article but other then that nothing hugely spectacular.:D

Added:

A short film I made whilst painting a mural in a homeless shelter was shown at a film festival which was quite exciting at the time.:)

MiCkiZ88
24-09-09, 10:24
Local newspapers mostly, nothing big really.

I nearly got a lead role in some finnish movie though, but.. meh. I had everything else but the long hair needed. Stupid casting just a month before shooting the film -.- I still curse my mom for shaving my head just weeks earlier the casting...

msalpha2omega
24-09-09, 10:28
Me and my best friend had our own radio show for 6 months!!! After that our "contract" expired and we were busy with other things so we didn't refresh it..... But it was nice as long as it lasted!!!

TR love
24-09-09, 10:37
Umm im on google images. WOOH! (ok maybe not....)

Well the closest i have been in being in the local paper, being in a class that was mentioned repeatedly on the news...or winning this prize that meant standing in front of like...500 people.

and then theres all the school stuff :3

Orionvalentine
24-09-09, 10:50
When I was in primary school I was on the front page of our local paper, we were doing a christmas play and they decided to praise us for having an Indian Mary. For some reason that was something they had never seen before. (I was Joseph)

I had to speak in front of a theatre full of people on World Book Day, that was kinda embarrasing. But it was on the news :p (And we got to meet two presenters from the channel Trouble)

Johnnay
24-09-09, 11:10
i am getting jealous of people's comments here

me...........nope. i actually was on Channel 10 once when i was a kid when Tim( that weather dude of Channel 10) went to my primary school and i was little. i remember that.

ultima espio
24-09-09, 11:54
When i was about 8, my class at school went on a pretend evacuation and i got on the news:D Although all you could see was the side of my head, and i was all the way at the back....:p

Oh and i've been in the paper 4 or 5 times for charity work:p

Ikas90
24-09-09, 12:00
That's pretty cool, Lora! :jmp: You got to be an extra! :jmp: :hug:

I would love to watch this movie now. :D

As for me, I haven't really.. been anywhere lol. Though I should probably go on the radio sometime. That is, if I won't make a fool of myself. :whi:

Your_Envy*
24-09-09, 12:10
Oh I forgot, I've been on TV once, talking about school violence or something like that. :p

Marianna12
24-09-09, 13:36
Oh I forgot, I've been on TV once, talking about school violence or something like that. :p

:eek:

That's awesome Lora, I'm SO watching this movie!:tmb:

Zero fame here:whi:

]{eith
24-09-09, 14:18
Really?!

I love that film.

Yeah! I don't know if you can see me in it, it's been so long since I've seen that film but I know for definite that a few friends of mine are clearly visible. The pay was great for standing around doing sweet **** all. :cln:

xx_Hunt_xx
24-09-09, 14:23
I met Tom Hanks when he was filming Di vinci code.
And the paparazi came and news crew while i was meting him. And i got on the news :D

LightningRider
24-09-09, 14:28
I met Tom Hanks when he was filming Di vinci code.
And the paparazi came and news crew while i was meting him. And i got on the news :D

Awesome! :eek:

xx_Hunt_xx
24-09-09, 14:29
Awesome! :eek:

Haha i know :P
I so wanted to call out "WILLLSONNNNN" but thought no, he probs heard that too much allready.

kristi
24-09-09, 14:32
I got twice or thrice in the local TV.Nothing too important though.

CrypticDream
24-09-09, 14:37
I was on Nickelodeon. :p

Mad Tony
24-09-09, 16:21
Nothing much really. I went to see Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? live at the studio the other week. There was actually a question where somebody used their ask the audience lifeline and I deliberately put the dumbest answer and I was the only person who did. So yeah, you know who that 1% was. :whi:

violentblossom
24-09-09, 16:23
Nothing much really. I went to see Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? live at the studio the other week. There was actually a question where somebody used their ask the audience lifeline and I deliberately put the stupidst answer and I was the only person who did. So yeah, you know who that 1% was. :whi:

LOL! :vlol: What was the question??

Mad Tony
24-09-09, 16:25
LOL! :vlol: What was the question??Can't remember exactly. Something about cakes. The answer was profiteroles and it was kind of obvious but I put éclairs. :D Dunno when it'll be shown on TV though.

Tommy123
24-09-09, 18:00
I was on TV alot for my school and stuff but nothing special

Mad Tony
24-09-09, 18:22
Turns out the episode of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? I went to is gonna be aired on ITV1 at 8PM next Tuesday. :D The answer to the viewer game is cricket by the way. :p

Encore
24-09-09, 18:32
When I was a kid I was in an episode of the portuguese "Sesame Street". I really acted on set with Big Bird and the others, it was something about how kids should not throw garbage on the floor. Pretty embarassing now that I think about it. :o

Also during the Euro 2004, I was leaving the stadium after the Portugal vs. Holland game, and I was interviewed for a dutch TV station. But I don't know if that aired...

irjudd
24-09-09, 18:34
I was the subject of the feature story in the Lifestyles & Entertainment section of a newspaper with a circulation of 35,000. One whole broadsheet with color photographs and everything. :cool:

Mad Tony
24-09-09, 18:38
I was the subject of the feature story in the Lifestyles & Entertainment section of a newspaper with a circulation of 35,000. One whole broadsheet with color photographs and everything. :cool:No Neo look-a-like competitions? :p

irjudd
24-09-09, 18:39
I did wear the sunglasses, actually.

Super Badnik
24-09-09, 19:21
I was on the front page of the local newspaper for helping with Love in a Box. It's a charity thing where you put things, like toys, clothes, toothbrushes and etc in a shoe box, wrap it up in Christmas wrapping paper and send them to children in thrid world countries. Also when i got my exam results, part of my head was in a picture in the newspaper.

ultima espio
24-09-09, 19:44
I was on the front page of the local newspaper for helping with Love in a Box. It's a charity thing where you put things, like toys, clothes, toothbrushes and etc in a shoe box, wrap it up in Christmas wrapping paper and send them to children in thrid world countries. Also when i got my exam results, part of my head was in a picture in the newspaper.

We did that in Junior school, but it was called Operation Christmas child.

I ran away before the camera crew came to my school lol.

Lara Croft!
26-09-09, 13:15
Many people made it on the news/cinema one way or another...

TRULuverzz
26-09-09, 13:18
Lora! thats awesome!!!!!!!

i never have been famous for 15 minutes :(

Lara Croft!
26-09-09, 13:22
The 15 minutes is not literal of course. To those who may not know it, it's a quote from Andy Warhol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_minutes_of_fame

TRULuverzz
26-09-09, 13:25
oh right, non-literally i've always been the center of attention in my school (for scandal-as reasons)

HappyShannon
26-09-09, 14:08
I've never had any proper fame moments, but from the age 8 - 11, every Christmas some kids from my school, and 8000 other kids would go to the M.E.N arena and perform for our family & friends and other stuff at a concert called "Young Voices."

When me and my friends were 9 we were acting an extract from a book with my friends (The Lottie Project by Jacqueline Wilson :D).

When I was 10 I sang "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride in the talent show. :)

When I was 11 and leaving school, all of year 6 (I think that's 5th Grade) did the musical "Joseph And His Technicolour Dreamcoat". I was one of the brothers (I was Naphtali :D) so I was sort of a main character.

I'm 13 now and haven't really done anything like that in a while.. :o

I can't think of anything else at the moment... I am looking for acting auditions and all that though! :jmp:

And wow, some of you have been extras in movies, in the papers, on TV? :D Sounds great!

Jedd Fletcher
26-09-09, 14:14

Do you mean you were a Page 3 girl :p ?

Anyway, I've had several letters and movie reviews published in newspapers before, and have been on TV twice: once as the first guest for a talkshow for kids, and the next as a kid contestant on a Who Wants to be a Millionaire? special. I won SGD 1000, for anyone interested.

Jack Croft
26-09-09, 17:21
I was caught randomly when ITV came to my school. Like 3 years ago in Year 10. :D

Lee croft
26-09-09, 17:27
TELL A LIE!!!! ..

I was in a 1 miniute film that got shown at some movie thing where other schools made theres and went to i was playing the younger version of my ex friends Character (ironicly my ex friend is younger then me but looks older :pi:)

And i had to pretend to mug the teacher ...allthough i got chased twice because they thought i was actually mugging her :vlol:

yeah i cant act ...espeacially with out a script!! :mad: :p

So i guess thats some thing seeing as alot of people were there watching it.

They had to do it for there course work but i never i just tagged along and got a part.