PDA

View Full Version : Question for impossible to answer yes about Tomb Raider.

Alex Shepherd
25-09-09, 10:49
Had you ever beat Tomb Raider classics (1 ---> 5 + Aod) Without saving at all?

Encore
25-09-09, 10:58
No! :eek: Is that even possible?

TRULuverzz
25-09-09, 10:58
no, and BTW i'd find it impossible to do so (but i'll give it a try)

Punaxe
25-09-09, 11:03
Looking at the speedruns some people do I don't think it's impossible.

Best I've personally done is come to Floating Island using only my pistols (with one or two exceptions) and no health. :p Can't keep that up anymore in Floating Islands...

Alex Shepherd
25-09-09, 11:34
Looking at the speedruns some people do I don't think it's impossible.

Best I've personally done is come to Floating Island using only my pistols (with one or two exceptions) and no health. :p Can't keep that up anymore in Floating Islands...

Well I finished TR1 + TR2 with only pistols + no health
But TR3 with one health and different weapons
But saving just helped me so much :vlol:

We must try this one day for not saving at all, but imagine if you were in the last step to finish it and they you died, you must repeat it ALL OVER AGAIN :eek: :vlol:

Paddy
25-09-09, 11:35
No! :eek: Is that even possible?

Seeing as its impossible to not die then no :p

Legend of Lara
25-09-09, 11:50
Aod Without saving at all?

The others are implausible. AoD is plain impossible.

Phoebe_Croft
25-09-09, 11:53
Actually it is possible, in a sarcastic way. Just download a save game, and that means you didn't actually save. ;) But really, I think for us it's not likely we can do it, but I'm sure a junkie could..

Cochrane
25-09-09, 11:57
Would it be allowed to save when you quit the game to do something else? Just keeping the game running all the time would sound very impractical.

Nerd For Life
25-09-09, 12:02
No!

TRhalloween
25-09-09, 12:04
Naw, mate, naw.

Alex Shepherd
25-09-09, 12:08
Would it be allowed to save when you quit the game to do something else? Just keeping the game running all the time would sound very impractical.

I beat TRL, Annivarsay, underworld each one of them in one day, and I never have a save even never to die so ignore the checkpoint :p

But classics and AoD seems more difficult and impossible to beat it just like the new ones :vlol:

Lee croft
25-09-09, 13:04
Actually it is possible, in a sarcastic way. Just download a save game, and that means you didn't actually save. ;) But really, I think for us it's not likely we can do it, but I'm sure a junkie could..

:vlol:!!

I think its not impossable just gradually go through the game with less saves each time you play through it that way you learn how the levels work, learn which errors kill lara and which way is easyist(sp?) :)

Then dont save at all after a few times of completing the game .

Love2Raid
25-09-09, 14:00
Hate to disappoint you, but it is possible. ;)

I did it with TR-1 (only TR-1) on the Playstation. I must say I have played this game many many times, since I didn't have a memory card in the beginning. So dying in a level meant going back to the start of the level. Eventually I completed the whole game in one go without dying, it took me a whole day. :D

But that was such a long time ago, I don't think I could do it now. :(

TRenTIs
25-09-09, 15:01
I've never completed a whole game without dying. But when I first got AOD on the computer, I didn't know hpw to draw guns or access the menu to use medipacks so I just started playing and thought I would eventually figure it out. The furthest that I go was to the second floor of Le Serpent Rouge (sp?), just after you had to jump from the broken lighting rigg to the next floor. I think that is a good effort. :D

Squibbly
25-09-09, 15:18
It's possible, but not for me. I can't go through these games without dying. Not because things keep killing me, but because I stupidly fall off cliffs and the like sometimes. I'd get too frustrated to keep restarting. I like being able to save. :p

peeves
25-09-09, 16:15
Ya know i couldn't beat any classic TR game without saving no matter what :( :hea:

Chocola teapot
25-09-09, 16:16
I have On legend. :D
But Absolutely not on the new ones.

irjudd
25-09-09, 16:17
I used to try it with TR1 all the time, but usually only made it as far as St. Francis Folly before dying.

Nerd For Life
25-09-09, 16:22
I used to try it with TR1 all the time, but usually only made it as far as St. Francis Folly before dying.

This is so badass, Juddly. :cln:

igonge
25-09-09, 16:44
No. LOL

Super Badnik
25-09-09, 17:01
The others are implausible. AoD is plain impossible.Well, AOD is one of the shorter and quite easier TR games. Unless you ran into a lot of bugs, it seems more possible than doing it with the classics.

Drone
25-09-09, 17:04
it's not impossible, you just gotta be a good player, and you'll definitely need your luck. I played Tr2 without saves. Got till the Deck, when was too tired and bored to carry on.

Well, AOD is one of the shorter and quite easier TR games.

another bullcrap

Squibbly
25-09-09, 17:07
^ *shrug* I agree with her for the most part. It took me about 13 hours and it wasn't overly difficult (albeit the bugs made me want to throw my controller at the wall every 3 minutes..I had a launch PS2 version, though. :p).

I wouldn't last in any of the classic games though as I said before. No way. lol

Lemmie
25-09-09, 17:49
Chronicles might be possible. It only gets difficult at the last three levels I think.

irjudd
25-09-09, 17:52
^ *shrug* I agree with her for the most part. It took me about 13 hours and it wasn't overly difficult (albeit the bugs made me want to throw my controller at the wall every 3 minutes..I had a launch PS2 version, though. :p).

Same. :mad:

Did yours say in the manual that you could customize the controls and also turn vibration function on, but the game didn't actually have either of those options? That's how mine was. Plus the framerate tanked to single digits all throughout the game in various places. Turned me right off AOD for life I'm afraid.

Surohicko
25-09-09, 17:57
I have.... :jmp: :D :)
UNTIL AOD!!! :hea:
Stupid controls anoyed me and i fell of a high place :cen::cen:Controls so :cen: URGH!!! :hea: :mad:

But the others were just ok :D

Drone
25-09-09, 17:58
Chronicles might be possible. It only gets difficult at the last three levels I think.

true. helicopter is a tough thing. and it would be a shame to die after all that mess if cyborgs kill you

Squibbly
25-09-09, 18:00
Same. :mad:

Did yours say in the manual that you could customize the controls and also turn vibration function on, but the game didn't actually have either of those options? That's how mine was. Plus the framerate tanked to single digits all throughout the game in various places. Turned me right off AOD for life I'm afraid.

Yep! Had all those with mine too. :mad:

xXhayleyroxXx
25-09-09, 19:04
nahh iv never accomplished this :(

Super Badnik
25-09-09, 19:06
another bullcrapA little hostile aren't we?

peeves
25-09-09, 19:38
How did you beat AOD without saving? I always die in the hall of seasons levels so i save. Wrath of the beast is mad hard without dying.

Shark_Blade
25-09-09, 20:03
I have On legend. :D
But Absolutely not on the new ones.Legend doesn't count! :p

I can't finish any of the tr games (except Legend) without saving it seems, just because I'm a klutz sometimes. And TRA Egypt pillar hop doesn't do me any good too seeing that I always fall into the abyss at a slight slip on the analogue stick.

Well, AOD is one of the shorter and quite easier TR games. Unless you ran into a lot of bugs, it seems more possible than doing it with the classics.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/Jo269976/GIFS/2q0vfpz.gif

Definitely bullcrap.

January_Snow*
25-09-09, 20:09
When I had my old PS1 I didnt have a memory card for some long time, and I was playing TR, well the furthest that I was withouth saving was Saint Francices folly in TR1, The Opera house in TR2, The river ganges in TR3, Karnak in TR4, I finished everything in TR5 withouth saving (I would use the cheat to get me to level sets) exept The VCI levels, those are impossible...

And Shark_blade, I dont think its that funny, most of the time dying in AOD is caused by some kind of bug, because Lara wont react...and yes, I consider AOD an easy game too...It takes me little to complete it...

Super Badnik
25-09-09, 22:52

Definitely bullcrap.Wow, how very aggresive we are. Well, i did find AOD one of the series' more shorter and easier games. Not as shorter or easier than Legend, but compared to the likes of TR3 & 4 it was much shorter and easier. About the same difficulty as Anniversary and Underworld.

Phlip
25-09-09, 22:54
No and I wouldn't like to try. :vlol:

shadow_fire
26-09-09, 00:34
For me I could easily do it with Legend. But the others...forget it!! I make stupid jumps (like once I went climb up a wall and accidently flipped backwards and died argh), run off ledges and I cant seem to master that damn grapple run.....god, and dont get me started with AOD...getting use to the ps2 controlls after using the xbox....I died with that first jump on the bloody roof...and that damn hop....any who... but with Legend...simple jaja

Legend doesn't count! :p

I can't finish any of the tr games (except Legend) without saving it seems, just because I'm a klutz sometimes. And TRA Egypt pillar hop doesn't do me any good too seeing that I always fall into the abyss at a slight slip on the analogue stick.

Definitely bullcrap.

Why dosnt Legend Count lol, its a TR game...dosnt matter if its easy :p

Sir Croft
26-09-09, 02:21
Well, AOD is one of the shorter and quite easier TR games. Unless you ran into a lot of bugs, it seems more possible than doing it with the classics.

I strongly disagree. AoD was quite hard and long. Not only for its abysmal controls and annoying bugs, but because it is long and complex, TRC is much shorter. I don't think I could finish it sans saving.

Nerd For Life
26-09-09, 02:26
I strongly disagree. AoD was quite hard and long. Not only for its abysmal controls and annoying bugs, but because it is long and complex, TRC is much shorter. I don't think I could finish it sans saving.

:pi:

I do agree.

MattTR
26-09-09, 03:06
Of course it's possible.. just use cheats. :ton:

But no, I haven't.. :eek:

January_Snow*
26-09-09, 10:49
People consider AOD hard? The only time I got stuck was with the red ghost boss, and that was due to Lara moving like a 200 kilos rock...

Lara Croft!
26-09-09, 13:07
NO!!! I save every one minute and use walkthroughs!

shadow_fire
27-09-09, 23:18

I never use the walkthrough for AOD but I saved every second too...sometimes regretting saving in really stupid places :hea: ...getting me stuck lol

Encore
27-09-09, 23:30
People consider AOD hard? The only time I got stuck was with the red ghost boss, and that was due to Lara moving like a 200 kilos rock...

I got stuck in Boaz, and much like you, it was because it was so hard to maneuver with Kurtis. :( That was the only time in my life where I used a cheat (downloaded a savegame after the fight).

Minty Mouth
27-09-09, 23:33
Always save in 2 alternating slots. So you dont have to go back very far if one of your saves is corrupt for some reason.

Raider1969
28-09-09, 01:55
No Way. I save often when I play Tomb Raider.

Tommy123
28-09-09, 02:49
NO way! i could never do that

matrix54
28-09-09, 03:41
TR3 gold, yes, I think. :p anything else is just over kill.

you know, this thread says something about the older games. the current games are too easy. :p

Ikas90
28-09-09, 10:18
I just tried it with TR2. I didn't get very far. I died in a boat crash in Venice. :(

Your_Envy*
28-09-09, 10:19

I save every minute too! :vlol: *high 5* :p

msalpha2omega
28-09-09, 12:00
Not even in my dreams!!!! Going through the classics without saving? That's scary!!!!!

Super Badnik
28-09-09, 17:11
People consider AOD hard? The only time I got stuck was with the red ghost boss, and that was due to Lara moving like a 200 kilos rock...Same. The only thing that made it really challenging was the controls.

kristi
28-09-09, 17:25
Well,if you minimize the game,and standby your computer instead of turning it off,meanwhile managing to finish the game without dieing....then yes.:p