PDA

View Full Version : OMG: Disgusting

Johnnay
26-09-09, 11:41
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/868184/man-jailed-for-killing-daughter-in-177km-h-crash

discuss

TRULuverzz
26-09-09, 11:47
thats terrible! and yet we still have to be loyal to our parents! :mad:

Johnnay
26-09-09, 11:51
thats terrible! and yet we still have to be loyal to our parents! :mad:

i know. thats the annoying thing about life. parents wanting to know what we do

but then this incident is inhumane.

LuuLemon
26-09-09, 11:51
eiwwwwww. :P

sheepydee
26-09-09, 11:55
Thats sick....

jackles
26-09-09, 11:55
Speaking as a parent as yet I haven't killed a child just to vent my anger. There are nutters in the world...some of them are parents....some of them are children. Some children kill parents..some parents kill children. Horrible yes but our old pal generalisation can trip us up here. Most parents try their damndest to protect their beloved offspring who they invest cash/love/time in.

Mad Tony
26-09-09, 11:57
Speaking as a parent as yet I haven't killed a child just to vent my anger. There are nutters in the world...some of them are parents....some of them are children. Some children kill parents..some parents kill children. Horrible yes but our old pal generalisation can trip us up here. Most parents try their damndest to protect their beloved offspring who they invest cash/love/time in.I agree.

I don't really see what there is to discuss though. Some nut killed his daughter by dangerous driving and he is now being punished for it.

Marianna12
26-09-09, 11:59
Speaking as a parent as yet I haven't killed a child just to vent my anger. There are nutters in the world...some of them are parents....some of them are children. Some children kill parents..some parents kill children. Horrible yes but our old pal generalisation can trip us up here. Most parents try their damndest to protect their beloved offspring who they invest cash/love/time in.

Agreed here:tmb:

That's terrible news anyways!:(

Cochrane
26-09-09, 12:03
One particular aspect of that article is worth keeping in mind, though: The girl did not wear a seat belt. All the other occupants of the car survived (even though badly injured). If anything, that's the point to think about.

TRULuverzz
26-09-09, 12:07
some mummies and daddies are meanies!
and some are monsters! but some (including jackles and violentblossom) make best mommies! :hug:

Mad Tony
26-09-09, 12:10
One particular aspect of that article is worth keeping in mind, though: The girl did not wear a seat belt. All the other occupants of the car survived (even though badly injured). If anything, that's the point to think about.Yeah, I noticed that too. Of course it's not her fault that her father was driving so recklessly but had she been wearing a seatbelt she probably would've survived.

jackles
26-09-09, 12:18
some mummies and daddies are meanies!
and some are monsters! but some (including jackles and violentblossom) make best mommies! :hug:

Okay....I let you off!! ;)

Paddy
26-09-09, 12:21
Yeah, I noticed that too. Of course it's not her fault that her father was driving so recklessly but had she been wearing a seatbelt she probably would've survived.

Its the drivers responsibility to make sure she was wearing a seatbelt, thats the rules of the road.
Fair enough she shouldve but the driver should always make sure any passenger is wearing it.

xXhayleyroxXx
26-09-09, 12:22
aww how horrible :( poor girl

Cochrane
26-09-09, 12:26
Its the drivers responsibility to make sure she was wearing a seatbelt, thats the rules of the road.

Yeah, and he forgot to do so, exceeded the speed limit and crashed. If she knew that she should put on a seat belt (and at 20 years, she should have), then I think she shares part of the responsibility for not wearing it.

More to the point, of course, what I want to get across is that one should not wear a seat belt only if the driver specifically orders you to.

Edit: Ah, just saw your edit. Yeah, I agree with that.

Paddy
26-09-09, 12:29
Yeah, and he forgot to do so, exceeded the speed limit and crashed. If she knew that she should put on a seat belt (and at 20 years, she should have), then I think she shares part of the responsibility for not wearing it.

More to the point, of course, what I want to get across is that one should not wear a seat belt only if the driver specifically orders you to.

I agree, course she should know to do so as well. Common sense people seem to lack.

scoopy_loopy
26-09-09, 12:35

Um, no one should have to order you to. Just wear the thing :rolleyes:

Paddy
26-09-09, 12:36

If they refuse, the driver has to tell them to, or else not drive.
Course noone should have to tell you to but if they refuse to use it, you cant drive.

Johnnay
26-09-09, 12:36

pffffffffff and like no one here hardly cares.

except when theres police on the road we Sydneysiders pretend to wear a seatbelt, LMAO

Mr.Burns
26-09-09, 12:40

except when theres police on the road we Sydneysiders pretend to wear a seatbelt, LMAO
If you want to be an idiot and continue to not wear them, then go ahead. Speaking from experience, I've had several coworkers who were in accidents where if they weren't wearing the seat belt, they would have been killed instantly.

It's there for a reason.

Johnnay
26-09-09, 12:43
If you want to be an idiot and continue to not wear them, then go ahead. Speaking from experience, I've had several coworkers who were in accidents where if they weren't wearing the seat belt, they would have been killed instantly.

It's there for a reason.
i know its there for a reason Mark. in truth i actually wear one when i drive and in the front passenger seat but in the back of the car i never wear one:)

Paddy
26-09-09, 12:44
i know its there for a reason Mark. in truth i actually wear one when i drive and in the front passenger seat but in the back of the car i never wear one:)

You should wear it especially in the back seat. If you dont care about your own safety, consider other people.

scoopy_loopy
26-09-09, 12:46

Actually, Ive never met an Australian that didnt wear a seatbelt... They save lives people!

Paddy
26-09-09, 12:47
Being how busy Sydney is you definitely are an idiot if you dont wear a seatbelt.

Johnnay
26-09-09, 12:49
lol yeah kinda Paddy

but thank god i hardly sit in the back seat. whats worser front side or the back side of a car. or a van perhaps.

scoopy_loopy
26-09-09, 12:50
Doesnt really matter Johnnay, wearing a seatbelt increases your chance of survival exponentially. Look at Princess Diana... top of the range Mercedes... should've worn a bloody seatbelt!

Lara Croft!
26-09-09, 13:20
Poor girl! We should always fasten our seat belt and not have kids unless we plan on loving them and always keep them from harm's way!

Mr.Burns
26-09-09, 13:20
Yup. Some of the nastier injuries can be sustained in the back seat, especially if you're hit from behind or the side.

Johnnay
26-09-09, 13:51
Poor girl! We should always fasten our seat belt and not have kids unless we plan on loving them and always keep them from harm's way!

this as well

trtrailerman
26-09-09, 14:09
yeah this article is awful, i can't believe ppl would act like that

Yup. Some of the nastier injuries can be sustained in the back seat, especially if you're hit from behind or the side.

yeah, i also remember seeing an advert where the person in the back of the car during a crash killed the person in front, :( so johnnay remember to wear one wherever u r, its not just you at risk

Rai
26-09-09, 14:56
Stupid stupid man. His actions casued the death of his daughter and now he and the rest of the family have to live with that, including his grandchildren who are now without their mother :(. He let his anger get the better of him. I hope he gets his memory back so that he can remember what he did.

But yes, she should have been wearing a seatbelt. As an adult it was her own responsibility. It could have saved her life. But ultimately it was her father's reckless driving that caused the crash.

Super Badnik
26-09-09, 14:59
Wow, what an asshole.

Squibbly
26-09-09, 15:12

Absolutely.

She should have been wearing a seatbelt, of course, but the father should have made sure she was wearing one. The driver must always check to see everyone has it on. More importantly, he should not have been driving like a fool to "teach her a lesson". For parents, children are the most precious things they have, so I think he's really taught himself a lesson now...

Ikas90
26-09-09, 15:37
I actually heard about this today from my friend.

It's absolutely atrocious. And he only gets 18 months for it.

maniakatosheto
26-09-09, 15:45
Man .... That sucks :( Poor Kaylee .

Dennis's Mom
26-09-09, 15:46
[I]If you want to be an idiot and continue to not wear them, then go ahead. Speaking from experience, I've had several coworkers who were in accidents where if they weren't wearing the seat belt, they would have been killed instantly.

Texas DPS ran some really good PSAs for a while. One had a state trooper standing on the side of a road, an accident in the background. He says "I've been doing this for 20 years, and I've never unbuckled a dead man."

I think the real lesson to walk away with here is cars are not toys. No matter how great a driver you are or think you are, you can never control the car or the situation as much as you think you can. NEVER DRIVE RECKLESSLY. Not to teach anyone a lesson, not to get somewhere on time, not because you're angry. It's a game you can't afford to lose, as this man found out.

Tombraiderx08
26-09-09, 17:23
that is an absolutely vile thing to do! God rest her soul :(

mike-d
26-09-09, 17:31
One particular aspect of that article is worth keeping in mind, though: The girl did not wear a seat belt. All the other occupants of the car survived (even though badly injured). If anything, that's the point to think about.

:tmb:

But what a father... And what a way to teach the girl a lesson :mad:

Tommy123
26-09-09, 17:33
wow, he just earned himself a one way ticket to hell

Uzi master
26-09-09, 19:48

yeah but I nko someone who would have died if she didn't wear her seatbelt, she was at a gas station and a drunk truckdriver ran right through half her car...

igonge
26-09-09, 19:50
Stupid man!
You sir are an asshole.

jackles
26-09-09, 19:51
wow, he just earned himself a one way ticket to hell

I reckon he is already in hell. I can't imagine how I would even begin to live with myself if that was me.

Chocola teapot
26-09-09, 19:51
That is absolutely AWFUL.

erreway
26-09-09, 19:59
That's terrible....!

lcaddict
08-05-10, 05:55
That's jus awful! Wtf?! "teach her a lesson"? Maybe you should learn a lesson, dude, and that's: don't kill your stepdaughter you son of a mother duck!!!
Honestly, only 18 months? That's so not enough!

Apathetic
08-05-10, 05:56
I smell a bump.

Mikky
08-05-10, 06:18
The link doesn't seem to be working on my Wii. :( Can someone tell me what it is?

Apathetic
08-05-10, 06:23
The link doesn't seem to be working on my Wii. :( Can someone tell me what it is?

A British father who was angry at his daughter for asking for a lift home after a night out caused her death by crashing while driving at 177km/h.
Edward Goddard, 41, was jailed yesterday for 18 months for causing death by dangerous driving after the "catastrophic" crash last April, the Daily Mail reports.
Goddard reportedly wanted to teach his 20-year-old daughter and mother-of-two Kaylee a lesson after she rang at midnight and asked to be picked up following a night out with her boyfriend.
Goddard pretended to drive into concrete bollards on the way home at speeds of up to 177km/h.
But the car skidded off the road and flipped when he clipped one of the slabs.
Kaylee was not wearing a seatbelt and was thrown from the car, suffering head injuries.

Short exerpt.

Mikky
08-05-10, 06:27
^^Kinda wish I didn't ask now. :( How terrible.

amaris
08-05-10, 06:28
That Mofo needs more time in jail, Sick *******.

aktrekker
08-05-10, 06:37
Why the bump? It's old news now. And you did it only to cuss at someone who can't hear you? No new info, nothing relevant to the case.

I'm tempted to delete the bump and all following posts. I'll let it slide this time. But you've been warned!

Apathetic
08-05-10, 06:40
Why the bump? It's old news now. And you did it only to cuss at someone who can't hear you? No new info, nothing relevant to the case.

I'm tempted to delete the bump and all following posts. I'll let it slide this time. But you've been warned!

1. He would've never been able to "hear him" regardless.
2. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

:confused:

But yes, it is a useless bump.

Johnnay
08-05-10, 07:21

youve been tempted:)

i dont understand why this thread is here though. It is old news

xXhayleyroxXx
08-05-10, 07:52
Thats horrible. The worst thing? Sounds like something my step dad would do in a fit of rage.

Minty Mouth
08-05-10, 07:58
Maybe she should have been wearing a seatbelt?