PDA

View Full Version : Friends: 15th Anniversary

irishhips
27-09-09, 17:47
TV show Friends, is 15 years old this year despise it ended in 2004. But it lasted 10 years!!!! And it's still a great show to this day, and I still watch the repeats in E4. The UK and Ireland will get another boxset in white with new bonus fetures that USA got that we didn't get in the old black one. So Discuss away about awesome show...

http://sreeramshenoy.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/friends_tv_show.jpg

Friends: The Lion Sleep Tonight
tk4n93UJ7AE
Edited by Me.

scion05
27-09-09, 17:49
Alternatively, you can go down to any local charity shop and buy them individually for 10p each on VHS :ton:

Dina_Croft
27-09-09, 17:50
Omg me and my sister we just adore friends!Wow it's been 15years...Like me..lol..I have the same age with Friends O.O

Marianna12
27-09-09, 17:50
I SO love Friends!!! I still watch it when it's on!!!:D

LightningRider
27-09-09, 17:51
Friends is just one of those shows that will stay in the hearts of millions, something that revolutionized TV viewing.

I still watch Friends reruns to this day. It's awesome. :D

Sir Croft
27-09-09, 17:52
Best series ever! :tmb:
I still watch it!

TombRaiderLover
27-09-09, 17:53
I saw the 15th anniversary release up on HMV this morning. I'm so ****ed off. I only just got the regular set last Christmas.

*richietrent*
27-09-09, 17:58
I love this show! Shame they can't make anymore episodes :(

TRhalloween
27-09-09, 18:00
There's going to be a film out in 2011 :eek:

*richietrent*
27-09-09, 18:05

I was thinking whether they'd have a film out! Where dya hear about it?

TRhalloween
27-09-09, 18:07

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1216441/Friends-reunited-Stars-hit-TV-sitcom-make-movie-version.html

Sir Croft
27-09-09, 18:10

Just in
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1216441/Friends-reunited-Stars-hit-TV-sitcom-make-movie-version.html

EDIT: Meh, TRH beat me... :p

tonyme
27-09-09, 18:38
I'm not sure what I think of them making a film version, they might ruin the magic...

Nenya awakens
27-09-09, 18:43
Alternatively, you can go down to any local charity shop and buy them individually for 10p each on VHS :ton:

I still have my old VHS copys!!

I have seaons 6-10 on dvd but a lot of them are so scratched they wont play anymore :(

VonCroy360
27-09-09, 18:44
I love this show. Some episodes are funny even when watching a rerun for the third time haha. Not so sure about the movie idea though - it's a big risk, not to mention the show itself was going downhill for the last couple of seasons.

Nenya awakens
27-09-09, 18:48
I dont see how they can make a sitcom into a film though, Lisa is right when she mentions that Friends never had the same feel as Sex in the city because Friends was filmed in front of a live audience and had "canned laughter"

Still, i would love for it to be made :)

tonyme
27-09-09, 18:50
It's still my favorite show ever! :)

msalpha2omega
27-09-09, 19:02
15 years, ha? That's great! I love friends.... They play the episodes every weekend here in Greece over and over again.... And even though I've seen them so many times I can never get sick of Friends.... Sometimes I know exactly what the next line will be and still I laugh like crazy! We've spent HOURS with my friends and family talking about Friends and remember all the funny things!!!! I think it's the best show EVER!!!!!!!

Sir Croft
27-09-09, 19:11
I'm not sure what I think of them making a film version, they might ruin the magic...

It might deliver what fans have been waiting for a long time
It's Friends, even at their worst they're great :p

tonyme
27-09-09, 19:24
It might deliver what fans have been waiting for a long time
It's Friends, even at their worst they're great :p

That's true! :):D

Siberian Tiger
27-09-09, 23:24
I love Friends. Call it simple, American and repetitive but it's always been very feel-good to me. I have the One With All Ten Seasons and used to watch an episode every night before bed. But I am totally against a Friends film being made!

marla_biggs
27-09-09, 23:33
I don't think a film would work. A one off TV special or something would be fun tho :) I love this show, I grew up watching it. xx

Johnnay
28-09-09, 03:24
this show along with the nanny, seinfield , everyone loves raymond and two and a half men rule the comedy world

Dream_Raider
28-09-09, 08:43
friends is THE most awesome show eva!!!!!!!!

Lavinder
28-09-09, 09:06
I love Friends - it's one of my all time favourite shows. I was glad it ended though, because it was getting stale like most of my favourite shows. :)

Phoebe_Croft
28-09-09, 09:16
YAY! FRIENDS! I LOVE PHOEBE!

But in all seriousness I love Friends, it's like my favorite show. I'm glad they still show re-runs in Aust. But wow, 15 years since it went into production, that's a milestone. I must go collect the new boxset! I currently have The One With All Ten Seasons boxset, the big black one. Hmmm... I wonder how good the new one is. :)

And I'll leave you with something...

PHOEBE_Croft.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

EDIT: The idea of a movie sounds weird. Especially when thinking of Chandler and Monica. Will the kids be in the film? I mean it could work, but I think if it does, it's going to turn into an Adam Sandler film.

Legend of Lara
28-09-09, 11:13
I have all the seasons on DVD. :D I love Friends.

Rai
28-09-09, 11:20
I looove friends.

EDIT: The idea of a movie sounds weird. Especially when thinking of Chandler and Monica. Will the kids be in the film?

Yeah I was thinking this too. It's weird imagining seeing the friends all settled -or mostly. But I love the idea of a film, can't wait to see what happened to all of them, like Rachel and Ross, how did that work out?

:jmp: < I never felt the need to use him before now.

tonyme
28-09-09, 12:13
Phoebe is amazing, she's hilarious! :D

michaeldt
28-09-09, 12:14
I don't like the show 'Friends' :pi:

Legends
28-09-09, 12:15
"Itchiban! -Lipstick for men!" :D

Legend of Lara
28-09-09, 12:15
I don't like the show 'Friends' :pi:

Get out! :mad:

:p

"Itchiban! -Lipstick for men!" :D

It's spelled "Ichiban", silly smoking lady! :mad:

:p

tonyme
28-09-09, 15:00
Parading goats are parading
Parading down the street
Parading goats are parading
Leaving little treats...

:vlol:

pinklaralover
28-09-09, 15:06
lyk ZOMG.
this is seriously awesome!
i love friends, so much.
& a movie? i've got to buy it.
favourites would have to be,
joey & phoebe. ((:
:wve:

Lara Croft!
28-09-09, 20:06
I loved the show, I still watch episodes in my PC! I miss FRIENDS!!!

ECB
28-09-09, 20:18
Happy Birthday Friends!

But, the story of a movie completely false. :(

robm_2007
28-09-09, 20:23

its gonna be called ENEMIES. its when they all get ****ed and start hating each other.

Laralissa
28-09-09, 21:30
its gonna be called ENEMIES. its when they all get ****ed and start hating each other.

:vlol:

As much as I love the suggested plot above, I dont think there should be a movie made out of 'Friends' at all. As much as I love the series, it ended well, where it should have. We dont need to have everything tied off since we pretty much know they live happily ever after... or if they dont, its a really sucky sitcom. Plus as already mentioned, it'll be quite odd without the canned laughter and studio audience o_O