PDA

View Full Version : Predators!

silver_wolf
01-10-09, 02:47
A new Predator movie is in the works, and according to these guys (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42545), it's going to be awesome!:jmp:
There are some spoilers in the video.
It's kind of like The Most Dangerous Game with Predators! :D
There's Super Predators, Predator Dogs, and even a possible Arnie cameo!
I cannot wait for this movie!:jmp: :D

Carbonek_0051
01-10-09, 03:08
$10 says it's yet another reboot.

That or it sucks.

Jo269976
01-10-09, 03:23
and even a possible Arnie cameo!

You mean CGI.

Jedd Fletcher
01-10-09, 04:51
I like the original Alien and Predator films, but the newer Alien vs Predator movies have been really disappointing. They're nowhere near as frightening, gritty or cutting edge as the older movies, that were also more innovative in terms of effects. The concept sounds good and old-fashioned, but it's not the 80s anymore so I'm interested to see how this pans out.

Jedd Fletcher
13-03-10, 13:33
Bump, because the preview is out! This looks awesome; Adrien Brody and Laurence Fishburne are starring.

Check out the preview at the official site (http://www.predators-movie.com/)

March 18th is the date for the release of the actual trailer, so hang in there folks!

Carbonek_0051
13-03-10, 13:40
Wow, it actually looks kind of good. Can't wait for the full trailer.:)

irjudd
13-03-10, 14:52
AVP was supposed to kick so much ass, but so didn't. :(

Nenya awakens
13-03-10, 14:53
You mean CGI.

Well his political career is almost at the end now so if he makes an appearance it will be him and not CGI like in TS.

michaeldt
13-03-10, 15:18
YAY! :yah:

Draco
13-03-10, 15:22
Meh.

knightgames
13-03-10, 19:42
Bump, because the preview is out! This looks awesome; Adrien Brody and Laurence Fishburne are starring.

March 18th is the date for the release of the actual trailer, so hang in there folks!

Didn't Adrien Brody kill enough bugs in king Kong '05? :ton:

With a better, and more established cast I can see this being something more than the last few installments of the series. Brody's and Oscar winner, and Fishburne has a pretty decent acting pedigree.

Smog
13-03-10, 22:56
They put an 'S' on the end of the title to denote a more action-packed sequel with multiple monsters, instead of just the one like last time? Hmmm, however did they think that one up? :pi:

I'm going to go with the mentality that this will automatically be garbage, just like every other Alien/Predator film since 1987. That way if it turns out to be good in any capacity (which it won't, but if it does) I'll enjoy it more than if I got my hopes up for a worthy sequel.

Jedd Fletcher
15-03-10, 10:31
^^It is acknowledged by the filmmakers that the plural in "Predators" is borrowed from "Aliens". "Predators" can not only refer to the monsters, but also the humans who are on the hunt too.

Drone
15-03-10, 10:39
just lame ...

igonge
15-03-10, 13:04
Looks pretty good. Never seen a proper Predator movie before. AVP was okay but AVP2 was the ****tiest thing since ****. I'm a fan of the Alien movies though, would I like Predator?

Legend 4ever
15-03-10, 13:06
I love Alien movies and hate Predator. It's really boring IMO The only movie featuring Predator that was fun was Alien vs Predator.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-03-10, 13:08

is laurence fishburne the guy who played othello? if so im not watching it ...

BtoFu
15-03-10, 13:11
Looks pretty good. Never seen a proper Predator movie before. AVP was okay but AVP2 was the ****tiest thing since ****. I'm a fan of the Alien movies though, would I like Predator?

One of Arnie's best films and the D. Glove sequel still holds up better than the tame AVP franchise.

GET TO THA CHOPPAAAAA! Yeah check them out.

Carbonek_0051
15-03-10, 14:04
is laurence fishburne the guy who played othello? if so im not watching it ...

Why?:confused:

Big Matt
15-03-10, 16:21
The first Predator movie is one of the best action films ever made. The second wasn't as good but was still not a bad movie.

Like Judd said, AVP was quite a disappointment after all the hoopla leading up to it. The second AVP was just plain idiotic. I don't even think you could call it a movie. It was just a bunch of pointless, random, unrelated scenes haphazardly cut together into a ragged nightmare of a demo reel.

On a side note, the first two Alien films were the only ones I liked. Sigourney Weaver is one of the very few actresses that can pull off the "tough woman" routine and not cause half of the men in the theater to involuntarily scoff and smirk. It was painfully obvious that the female leads in the AVP movies weren't cut from the same cloth.

If this new predator movie is of the same caliber as the AVP movies then they should just release it directly to DVD so that Walmart has something to fill their five dollar movie bins up with.

IceColdLaraCroft
15-03-10, 16:25
It'd be funny if they did a "to catch a Predator" and instead of some pedo it's one of these guys

Lara's Nemesis
15-03-10, 16:40
I enjoyed the first Predator film and hopefully this will be good. I am a much bigger fan of the Alien series tho.

Alien versus Predator was awful, I tried watching it twice and had to switch it off both times.

IceColdLaraCroft
15-03-10, 16:54
I liked the first Alien vs. Predator. Mostly because of sexy Raoul Bova and the fact that a chick was the survivor not some man :mad:

ccroft2003
15-03-10, 17:34
Looks quite interesting. Saw the trailer the other day. Don't think i'll go watch it at the cinema. I'll wait for the VOD or DVD release i think. . .

Dark Lugia 2
15-03-10, 17:43
Woah! I have high hopes for this, a new film featuring predators that isnt avp >_< And with that Alien prequel in the works/writing... *drools* 2 pieces of gold :cln:

xXhayleyroxXx
15-03-10, 19:50
Why?:confused:

he's an idiot :pi:

we used him as a critic for our a2 english literature class - his language and love for himself don't win him my love - and he wasnt even that good in othello :pi:

the teacher was laughing hysterically at how stupid and up himself he was

BtoFu
15-03-10, 19:57
He's done Apocalypse Now and The Matrix...I think he can afford to scatter a few bad performances around to even things out. :D

xXhayleyroxXx
15-03-10, 20:02
he never even read othello before he acted in the movie - and seemed to think othello was a pirate and was 'the mother****er who all the girls want to ****' :/

Carbonek_0051
15-03-10, 20:06
He's actually an extremely good actor, and the fact you refuse to see a movie because of one of the actors makes no sense at all. That's like me refusing to see the Pirates movies because of Keira Knightley. I would be missing out on what is a good movie series because of one actor.:confused:

xXhayleyroxXx
15-03-10, 20:09
He's actually an extremely good actor, and the fact you refuse to see a movie because of one of the actors makes no sense at all. That's like me refusing to see the Pirates movies because of Keira Knightley. I would be missing out on what is a good movie series because of one actor.:confused:

fine :p you make a good point because i hate kiara knightly and watched pirates of the caribean - i may watch this, but it aint for him :pi:

ozzman
15-03-10, 21:46
can't wait, i'v always liked the Aliens, and Predators, AVP was just a goreless Dream[ would have been better with some gore and propper chest burster] anyway, i like the predators because they are mass murdering psycos that know what their doing, and challanging the human's abilities to survive, lets hope it's better that Predator 2, it was good in places but didn't like it much, the first however is the best

silver_wolf
15-03-10, 22:22
oh this looks good! :jmp: