PDA

View Full Version : New World Order?

LaraLuvrrr
01-10-09, 03:00
So I was just listening to Muse's new album which is awesome... and I noticed how much their lyrics are about a new world order.

I know it's been a conspiracy theory going around for awhile about governments trying to unite against the people and whatnot but do you believe that maybe the future of the planet is a unification of world governments under some kind of central government?

I remember learning in my international relations class that some international relations theorists believe that a new world order is the only way to have peace in the world and that it will eventually happen. But many believe that it can lead to a universal government that if repressive can control the citizens all around the world. lol sounds a bit like a doomsday prophecy but it's floating around

What do you think?

silver_wolf
01-10-09, 03:05
If you mean a NWO controlled by Freemason and Illuminati and such, then I don't think so. But I do think an NWO is possible, and is definitely being considered by the gov't.

JRod2208
01-10-09, 03:09
I think it's the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. No one government can possibly decide what's right for a world filled with many different cultures and beliefs. What ends up happening is that the government decides what you shoud believe, what you should think, what you should do. I'm sorry, but the government can't tell me how to live my life. (Besides, you know, the laws about killing and stuff.)

Mad Tony
01-10-09, 06:13
I can't believe some people (not many mind you) actually believe in this theory. It's utterly ridiculous. Of course if it ever were true I'd oppose it but it's not. People mistake New World Order as code for some sort of massive conspiracy to usher in a world government when in actual fact it's just a term (often used in a political sense) to describe a big worldwide change.

That's why half of the videos for Gordon Brown on YouTube are pathetic conspiracy videos that criticize him for being a puppet of the Illuminati/Freemasons/Jews and trying to create this mythical New World Order - and all because he's mentioned it a couple of times in his speech to refer to big change. They don't focus on his huge incompetence as prime minister at all.

LightningRider
01-10-09, 06:25
I think it's the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. No one government can possibly decide what's right for a world filled with many different cultures and beliefs. What ends up happening is that the government decides what you should believe, what you should think, what you should do. I'm sorry, but the government can't tell me how to live my life. (Besides, you know, the laws about killing and stuff.)

This.

New World Order won't work, we're all different countries, with different tastes and traditions, it would just cause New World Chaos if you ask me. ;)

Cochrane
01-10-09, 08:29
The conspiracy theory is rubbish.

That being said, I really doubt that we can continue to live without some sort of world government forever. Globalization and the internet mean that we either have to work together, or get screwed over by those who know how to exploit the different rights systems. Huge companies already routinely use tax breaks that only exist in certain countries to avoid paying too much, for example. Different labor standards mean that jobs get transferred to countries where work is cheaper. There's the other side too, with things like video games, which have so different age restriction requirements all over the world that the best thing a developer can do is make the game and see what happens.

One solution would be to stop or slow down globalization, for example with a tax on international money movements as groups like Attac and, oddly enough, the german government recently in Pittsburgh, proposed. You will need many measures like these, though, to have this work correctly, and it'll very likely end up hurting your economy.

The alternative would be a world government, or at least some proto-stages of that, as the EU forms for large parts of Europe. There will clearly be problems, but at least economic policies could be given to this institution without much trouble. The real issue is lack of democracy, which I think is the main problem with the EU right now. I think since the EU may be the best example for any future world government, I'm quite opposed to such a world government as long as the EU does not become more democratic.

Mad Tony
01-10-09, 14:40
I think since the EU may be the best example for any future world government, I'm quite opposed to such a world government as long as the EU does not become more democratic.I think the EU is a terrible example. And no, not just because of its lack of democracy.

Paddy
01-10-09, 14:45
I can't believe some people (not many mind you) actually believe in this theory. It's utterly ridiculous. Of course if it ever were true I'd oppose it but it's not. People mistake New World Order as code for some sort of massive conspiracy to usher in a world government when in actual fact it's just a term (often used in a political sense) to describe a big worldwide change.

That's why half of the videos for Gordon Brown on YouTube are pathetic conspiracy videos that criticize him for being a puppet of the Illuminati/Freemasons/Jews and trying to create this mythical New World Order - and all because he's mentioned it a couple of times in his speech to refer to big change. They don't focus on his huge incompetence as prime minister at all.

Lot more people seem to believe it then you think.
Then I could be thinking of the other conspiracy theory some believe of the NWO.
IMO ridiculing anyone because they believe a theory isnt right, thats just ridiculous itself too and not respecting opinions.( not saying you or anyone here is but in general)

Alive_and_Funky
01-10-09, 15:09
I don't see what people are worrying about: the nWo was a problem in the 1990s (and for a short amount of time during the early 2000s). There's a good chance that we will never have to deal with those guys again.

http://i35.************/33c6xxi.jpg

Mad Tony
01-10-09, 15:13
Lot more people seem to believe it then you think.
Then I could be thinking of the other conspiracy theory some believe of the NWO.
IMO ridiculing anyone because they believe a theory isnt right, thats just ridiculous itself too and not respecting opinions.( not saying you or anyone here is but in general)Honestly, not many people believe it. It looks like a lot do on the internet (especially YouTube) but that's because the internet has a much higher proportion of conspiracy theorists as opposed to real-life.

I'm not ridiculing them. I think the theory is ridiculous, doesn't mean I think the people who believe it are.

Paddy
01-10-09, 15:14
Honestly, not many people believe it. It looks like a lot do on the internet (especially YouTube) but that's because the internet has a much higher proportion of conspiracy theorists as opposed to real-life.

I'm not ridiculing them. I think the theory is ridiculous, doesn't mean I think the people who believe it are.

I said I didnt direct it at you :p

January_Snow*
03-10-09, 02:27
If youre talking about the whole world uniting into one big state that will never happen, to many nations hate eachother for the world ever to be united...

Cochrane
03-10-09, 08:16
If youre talking about the whole world uniting into one big state that will never happen, to many nations hate eachother for the world ever to be united...

You mean like they did in Europe during the first half of the 20th century?

Mad Tony
03-10-09, 10:16
You mean like they did in Europe during the first half of the 20th century?Yeah well let's just hope Europe never gets united and turned into one big massive country. Things are bad enough as they are now.

January_Snow*
03-10-09, 10:46
You mean like they did in Europe during the first half of the 20th century?

No, what I meant was, that there are theories that one day the whole Earth will unite and there will be no more countries...

What are you refering to? WWs?

Mad Tony
03-10-09, 10:49
No, what I meant was, that there are theories that one day the whole Earth will unite and there will be no more countries...

What are you refering to? WWs?He means that just because there are a lot of countries that hate each other now doesn't mean they will still hate each other in 100 years time. He uses Europe as an example because just 70 years ago Europe was in a state of war but now there is an oppressive central power (the EU) which "unites" many European countries together. There aren't really any European countries right now which hate each other. However, that doesn't mean certain countries don't experience frosty relations with each other.

January_Snow*
03-10-09, 11:15
He means that just because there are a lot of countries that hate each other now doesn't mean they will still hate each other in 100 years time. He uses Europe as an example because just 70 years ago Europe was in a state of war but now there is an oppressive central power (the EU) which "unites" many European countries together. There aren't really any European countries right now which hate each other. However, that doesn't mean certain countries don't experience frosty relations with each other.

Well the EU isnt exactly what I was aiming for, I mean yes, its sort of like a union, but these countries still exist, and make decisions regardless of other countries in EU...we could all live in a sort of a union but one big state that would never happen...

Serbia and Albania, Russia and Georgia, Greece and Turkey, Turkey and Cyprus, Greece and Macedonia, Serbia and Croatia, Croatia and Slovenia are in not so good relations, Bulgaria and Macedonia...there is probably more throughout Europe, these are the ones I know about due to where I live...

Mad Tony
03-10-09, 11:51
Well the EU isnt exactly what I was aiming for, I mean yes, its sort of like a union, but these countries still exist, and make decisions regardless of other countries in EU...we could all live in a sort of a union but one big state that would never happen...Unfortunately though the national sovereignty of individual nations is rapidly fading thanks to the EU.

Cochrane
03-10-09, 11:54
Well the EU isnt exactly what I was aiming for, I mean yes, its sort of like a union, but these countries still exist, and make decisions regardless of other countries in EU...we could all live in a sort of a union but one big state that would never happen...
Well, I don't think there will ever be one full world government, or at least not in the foreseeable future. But an EU-like union for the entire world or large parts of it doesn't seem very unrealistic, just unlikely for now.

Serbia and Albania, Russia and Georgia, Greece and Turkey, Turkey and Cyprus, Greece and Macedonia, Serbia and Croatia, Croatia and Slovenia are in not so good relations, Bulgaria and Macedonia...there is probably more throughout Europe, these are the ones I know about due to where I live...
That's true, and I hope that will improve. There are many more such examples throughout the world. However, 70 years ago, Germany and France were sworn eternal arch-enemies as well, and now they are good friends. I think and hope that something like that can and will happen for all of the examples you listed there, it may just take a lot of time.

January_Snow*
03-10-09, 11:59
That's true, and I hope that will improve. There are many more such examples throughout the world. However, 70 years ago, Germany and France were sworn eternal arch-enemies as well, and now they are good friends. I think and hope that something like that can and will happen for all of the examples you listed there, it may just take a lot of time.

It will take alooooooooot of time, beleve me...I live in the Balkans, its waaaay to complicated situation here so that hatred will be solved easily....It will last for generations thats sure...