PDA

View Full Version : A good feature I thougt of for TRF...

Mikky
01-10-09, 14:56
I was thinking that a good feature to add to the Tomb Raider Forums would the ability to check who has quoted you.

For example if you post a message and someone quotes you, you can then see that message that has your quote in it.

And all the quoted messages would be put into a list like when you check all your posts.

I know its sounds a bit confusing, but for those who goes on Twitter, you'll understand. You can just see the any messages that has quotes from your messages.

I don't know, I thought it would just be a good idea. I hate scrolling through threads to see who has said something about my post.

But then again, maybe this feature already exists and I have no idea about it...:o

LightningRider
01-10-09, 15:16
I think ti already does, but I don't know. Besides, the forum is just apart of a software that isn't ours, so it's not like we can modify it. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
01-10-09, 15:16
yeah that would be so handy :)

like notifying you when someone quotes you like pm's and vistor messages, there could be a quote tab.

Chocola teapot
01-10-09, 15:26
If Integrated correctly then why not?

AmericanAssassin
01-10-09, 15:26
I would love that sort of feature. I hate having to sort through my old posts to check if anybody did so. :pi:

Paddy
01-10-09, 15:29
Problem is what if someone responds to you but doesnt quote :p
And even bigger pain in the ass lol

xXhayleyroxXx
01-10-09, 15:33

lol maybe if they typed your username?

would be so complicated though

Encore
01-10-09, 15:35

You can't expect a feature like this to cover ALL contigencies. But if someone quotes you, it would be useful. Most people quote when replying anyway, unless the post right after you.

Paddy
01-10-09, 15:36
You can't expect a feature like this to cover ALL contigencies. But if someone quotes you, it would be useful. Most people quote when replying anyway, unless the post right after you.

I dont expect to :p that was my point.

EscondeR
01-10-09, 16:04
Junk.
Popularity contest.

Thus - no, thanks.

Minty Mouth
01-10-09, 16:15
Junk.
Popularity contest.

Thus - no, thanks.

If it was personal, then there would be no popularity contest.

It would just be nice to see where someone has responded to something you have said, so you can go back to that thread and reply with another post. Especially useful if you are posting in a debate, which you forget about the next day, for example.

Phys
01-10-09, 16:26
If its personal then this would be a handy feature. Otherwise, I agree with EscondeR.

Mokono
01-10-09, 16:30
All i had to do is read the word "twitter" to choose the NO option.

EscondeR
01-10-09, 16:35
It would just be nice to see where someone has responded to something you have said, so you can go back to that thread and reply with another post. Especially useful if you are posting in a debate, which you forget about the next day, for example.

Coughsubscriptioncough :p

:D

Minty Mouth
01-10-09, 16:44
Coughsubscriptioncough :p

Well, sometimes you just want to see when someone has responded to you. And besides, the subscription feature is extremely temperamental and seems to delete my subscriptions randomly.

Encore
01-10-09, 18:36
Popularity contest.

Are you serious? I must be so naive. I completely fail to see the correlation.

Carbonek_0051
01-10-09, 18:38
Popularity contest.

How would it be a popularity contest?:confused:

Legend of Lara
01-10-09, 18:40
Eh...

...I wouldn't really care, to be honest. :p

TRhalloween
01-10-09, 18:41
Well that's sounds good to me but I don't know if that exists since Justin isn't the one who creates features for the site. It's listen under vBulletin and he chooses the options he wants.

EDIT: It might be a little pointless since someone might just quote you to say "Rofl" ... like I did like 10 minutes ago :o

EscondeR
01-10-09, 18:44
Well, sometimes you just want to see when someone has responded to you. And besides, the subscription feature is extremely temperamental and seems to delete my subscriptions randomly.

What browser? Check settings for Private info removal and disable.

NemesisxAngelus
01-10-09, 19:40
I rather have a spoiler tag feature. :pi:

Legend of Lara
01-10-09, 19:40

This. This. This. This. This.

Minty Mouth
01-10-09, 19:42
What browser? Check settings for Private info removal and disable.
Will do :tmb:

Isn't white text enough?

Paddy
01-10-09, 20:54

Agreed, Im the same.

Ada the Mental
01-10-09, 21:59
I agree about the spoiler tags, they'd be awesome.

The white text works I guess, but what if we had different forum backgrounds? The whote texts spoilers didn't work too well with the black Halloween skin. Or what if your laptop screen happened to be adjusted on an angle that makes a spoiler visible?
And you can use spoiler tags to hide big pictures and stuff like that.

Spong
01-10-09, 22:01

This.

Phlip
01-10-09, 22:01
Definitely. It's annoying forgetting to check a post and see if anyone's quoted me.

Mikky
05-10-09, 12:05
Junk.
Popularity contest.

Thus - no, thanks.

What do you mean by 'popularity contest'?

EscondeR
05-10-09, 12:21
^ Simple as that: If one can see if he was quoted personally, by whom and how much, it'll result in popularity contest in form of "Who's the most quoted"...

Nerd For Life
05-10-09, 12:24
^ Simple as that: If one can see if he was quoted personally, by whom and how much, it'll result in popularity contest in form of "Who's the most quoted"...

I actually do agree. We don't need this, I think. The spoiler tag feature is a much better idea.

Minty Mouth
05-10-09, 12:27
That would make sense, but people aren't just quoted if they are agreed with. People are more often quoted when someone is disagreeing with them in a discussion. How being active in discussions is a popularity thing, I don't see.

You see, I didn't quote you because you are "popular", rather because I had something to pick up on. And again, if this was private, any chance of a popularity contest is eliminated.

Admles
05-10-09, 15:21
I'm for no on this one.

If we implemented every little "good feature" people thought of for the forum, it'd just be buggy, slow and temperemental.

Like a rep point feature, this is one we do not need and serves no purpose.

mike-d
05-10-09, 15:21
Everything has its drawbacks. You can't say "no thanks" to something flawed or else you'll end up turning down everything you see.

Eventually, for those who are immature and naive, this will turn into a popularity contest. But as a feature, I think it is excellent, albeit self-centered. I am not criticizing, since I myself always check in the threads if someone replied to my posts, but this feature makes it seem like a person only checks into threads that he/she has posted in... But I still love the idea and I think they should integrate it into TRF.

Legends
05-10-09, 19:31
I think a feature that says "Someone responded to your comment" or "Someone quoted your post" would be very helpful actually. If you have a discussion and you want to know if anyone responded to your post, that would be very informative. I certainly don't think that can qualify as a popularity contest at all, because only you can see who quoted you. Just like notification. Other forums have this feature, and the fact that most things on this forum is categorized as a "popularity contest" is just ridicules. I am all for this feature! :tmb:

Mikky
07-10-09, 12:12
I think a feature that says "Someone responded to your comment" or "Someone quoted your post" would be very helpful actually. If you have a discussion and you want to know if anyone responded to your post, that would be very informative. I certainly don't think that can qualify as a popularity contest at all, because only you can see who quoted you. Just like notification. Other forums have this feature, and the fact that most things on this forum is categorized as a "popularity contest" is just ridicules. I am all for this feature! :tmb:

Thanx! this whole 'popularity contest' c**p is exactly that! I just wanna check if someone quoted me! That's that.

NemesisX13X
07-10-09, 12:13
Yes! :)

msalpha2omega
07-10-09, 12:37
I would love that feature! As everyone else said before, I HATE searching my posts or scrolling down threads to see if anyone replied.... Especially when the conversation has continued among other people, and it seems like you're out of subject at the moment....!:hea:

scoopy_loopy
07-10-09, 12:47
I think it would be very nifty, obviously not open to anyone who strolled along to your profile - but it would make it so much easier to keep track of who was asking you questions and whatnot.