PDA

View Full Version : OMG she's a lefty

jfjeep26
06-10-09, 01:33
Did any of you notice in the bike scenes she shot with her left hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong please:D

TombRaiderFan.
06-10-09, 01:43
That's not enough proof for me. Does anyone know what finger she uses to pick her nose? :confused:

:ton:

Zebra
06-10-09, 01:49
That's not enough proof for me. Does anyone know what finger she uses to pick her nose? :confused:

The little one :p.

EDIT: Just noticed she also shoots with her left hand in the opening scene of Beneath the Ashes.

LaraCablara
06-10-09, 01:55

WELL, in the Core classical era it could be clearly seen that she picks it with her right hand (index finger), but this may be largely due to a removed animation #394 of Tomb Raider 4 which clearly shows Lara itching her nose with her left hand but the animation programs of the Core era that programed the natural physics of the game flip the image due to the third trigger of the .exe that lists variable 2932 as 29393 which all leads back to Lara's hair physics that may have been used to express strands of hair finding their way into her nostrils causing the activation of removed animation #394 and also a tiny round object textured in green textures taken from Lara's shorts can be found which seems to decrepit a "booger".

But of course Crystal Dynamics screwed up everything by making her pick her nose with her right hand PINKY finger rather then the index and they even had the NERVE to make her finger round rather then a square which the classics did oh so well and it just completely ruins the level design and she just moves so FAST when she picks her nose it looks just like a monkey and makes me feel all steamy down there :mad:.

TombRaiderFan.
06-10-09, 01:59
WELL, in the Core classical era it could be clearly seen that she picks it with her right hand (index finger), but this may be largely due to a removed animation #394 of Tomb Raider 4 which clearly shows Lara itching her nose with her left hand but the animation programs of the Core era that programed the natural physics of the game flip the image due to the third trigger of the .exe that lists variable 2932 as 29393 which all leads back to Lara's hair physics that may have been used to express strands of hair finding their way into her nostrils causing the activation of removed animation #394 and also a tiny round object textured in green textures taken from Lara's shorts can be found which seems to decrepit a "booger".

But of course Crystal Dynamics screwed up everything by making her pick her nose with her right hand PINKY finger rather then the index and they even had the NERVE to make her finger round rather then a square which the classics did oh so well and it just completely ruins the level design and she just moves so FAST when she picks her nose it looks just like a monkey and makes me feel all steamy down there :mad:.

Oh, ...ok then. Thanks for the extended and laborious work you put into the answer.

:vlol:

Uzi master
06-10-09, 02:10
well maybe she holds onto the bike with her right arm to have more control...

aussie500
06-10-09, 04:30
Assuming someone is a lefty because they choose to control the bike rather than shoot with their right hand seems like a strange conclusion to jump to. We all know Lara shoots equally well with either hand, so which she is controlling the bike with would be the more likely choice as to which hand Lara favours. Probably neither and it was done that way so as to avoid any glitchy animations, or Lara suddenly having no hands controlling the bike.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3513/trlbike01.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4387/trlbike02.jpg

TombRaiderFan.
06-10-09, 05:32
Assuming someone is a lefty because they choose to control the bike rather than shoot with their right hand seems like a strange conclusion to jump to. We all know Lara shoots equally well with either hand, so which she is controlling the bike with would be the more likely choice as to which hand Lara favours. Probably neither and it was done that way so as to avoid any glitchy animations, or Lara suddenly having no hands controlling the bike.

In Underworld she changed the hands she used when she was hanging on to something, like a pole or a ledge. :) It did look a little odd whenever she did it but it wasn't buggy overall.

aurora89
10-10-09, 06:14
I always wondered, because Angelina's left-handedness in the movies made me think maybe Lara was left-handed.

For the record, I'm mostly ambidextrous (can do everything about equally with either hand) but favour my right side, and I would definitely steer with my right hand and shoot with my left. >_<

xXhayleyroxXx
10-10-09, 09:10
well im right-handed but id steer with my left and shoot with my right

lara can shoot equally - shes used to shooting with both hands

i dont know about anyone else but my dominant hand is only dominant when i right - i use both equally for everything else.

Croft_Original
10-10-09, 10:20
The throttle is on the right on a motorcycle and it won't stay open if you let go of it; so I would want to use my right hand to control it and shoot with my left. I'm right handed BTW. :) Of course I will be trying this myself just as soon as I have the time.;):mis:

Croft.

aurora89
10-10-09, 13:34
well im right-handed but id steer with my left and shoot with my right

lara can shoot equally - shes used to shooting with both hands

i dont know about anyone else but my dominant hand is only dominant when i right - i use both equally for everything else.

I do everything equally (I CAN write with my left hand, it just looks like a 4th grader's-- legible but sloppy) because I have joint problems in my whole body that are especially bad on the right side-- right ankle, right elbow, right wrist, etc. My dad valued left-handedness so he encouraged me to teach myself to be ambidextrous. Came in handy when I got sick in my teens, lol!

despite being ambidextrous, I still usually reach for things first with my right side, even if it's hurt. Some of it is definitely habit, though, because after a week of being fully lefthanded while my right arm was in a sling, I mostly started reaching with my right hand. According to the DS game, I am lateralised 60/40 in favour of my right hand. ^_^

Wana b like Lara
10-10-09, 16:41
Does it really matter what hand she shoots with? :confused: She always uses her pistols at the same time so i guess she just reaches for the closest one .. :D

Rai
10-10-09, 17:01
She's clearly ambidextrous! She switches over doesn't she?

Although I'm right hand-dominant (especially writing), I can do pretty much most things equally with my left. I've been asked if I'm left handed before. If I could ride a motorbike and shoot, I'd probably choose the right to steer and left to shoot.

It doesn't really matter, but it's quite a cool thing to notice. :D

larafan25
11-10-09, 01:40
I'm sure she is right handed from TR1 to underworld:)

miss.haggard
11-10-09, 03:20
Not that I give a flying crap, but Im a lefty and when I take a hand off the bike to do something its my right, leaving my left to control the bicycle better. (Bicycle, not motorcycle, and note that I dont shoot while riding :D)

scoopy_loopy
11-10-09, 03:30
The simple answer could simply be that if she took the right hand off the throttle the bike would... stop?

That might be it :tea:

The throttle is on the right on a motorcycle and it won't stay open if you let go of it; so I would want to use my right hand to control it and shoot with my left. I'm right handed BTW. :) Of course I will be trying this myself just as soon as I have the time.;):mis:

Croft.

Ah, someone beat me to the point :tmb:

JRod2208
11-10-09, 04:44
Yeah, the bike would stop...

I'm right handed mostly... The only thing I cannot do, at all, whatsoever, is brush my teeth with my right hand. I simply can't do it. It may have something to do with both my parents being left handed and I learned to brush my teeth before they knew which hand I favored, so they taught me to brush with my left hand. I'm weird. :D

Croft_Original
11-10-09, 09:52
The simple answer could simply be that if she took the right hand off the throttle the bike would... stop?

That might be it :tea:

Ah, someone beat me to the point :tmb:

And of course we aren't allowed to let Lara slow down just there otherwise we get Zip:"Your'e falling behind Lara", Gaaaah...:hea::mad:!

Croft.

God Horus
11-10-09, 15:23
And I think CD doesn't care if shes a lefty, a righty or both, because they are not going to go through the trouble to pick on specific hand an always have Lara using that hand when she could use the other hand and it would look better cinematic wise.

Tombraider95
11-10-09, 16:37
But maybe its coz she uses her left so she has more control over the bike with her right.

January_Snow*
22-10-09, 21:56
She uses the excalibur with her right hand...so I supouse she is not lefty... and she shoots the grapole with her right hand...

toughraid3r37
23-10-09, 01:31
Did any of you notice in the bike scenes she shot with her left hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong please:D

That's because the throttle is on the right :p.

peeves
23-10-09, 02:11
I always thought lara was a lefty well she is IMO.

na_th_an
23-10-09, 07:27
You need your right hand to control a motorbike. It holds the accelerator.

gbetch
23-10-09, 07:55
i always thught Lara was ambidexterouse and favored her right hand from habit. Ot just donned on me we have never seen her right anything.

na_th_an
23-10-09, 12:31
She's always used keys on keyholes using her right hand. That's what right-handed people do. My friends who are lefties use their left hand. She also fires shotguns, rifles and authomatics using the right hand.

tomb_raider_roks
23-10-09, 12:58

not forgetting one handle controls acceleration so she doesnt really have a choice of hand to shoot with :D

seashell093
25-10-09, 00:10
Heres a solution: she is ambidextrous! :D ;) :ton:

jjbennett
25-10-09, 00:13
Well you need the right hand on a bike to actually go anywhere.

She is also left handed in Underworld, when she holds the machine gun and shotgun. I know its a sweeping generalisation but all the lefties i know have much neater handwriting so maybe they're playing on some preconception that its posh to do so or something. If that makes sense...

lice23
25-10-09, 00:35
Have you noticed that she draws one pistol and the other disappears? look klick-me (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41112207@N02/4041317776/)

seashell093
25-10-09, 01:04
^^:vlol: never noticed that :p

lice23
25-10-09, 02:22
XD Lice23: Pointing out errors in TR since 1996! LOL

seashell093
25-10-09, 02:51
XD Lice23: Pointing out errors in TR since 1996! LOL

:vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
25-10-09, 11:01
@lice23 - wow thats interesting! xx

lice23
25-10-09, 13:35
Lolfest!

Aranara
11-11-09, 05:13
I'm a left-handed person and I think Lara is ambidextruos because, let's face it, it's Lara Croft- she can do almost anything.
I'm kind of ambidextruos too because I can eat soup with my right hand, or brush my teeth with my right hand.:)

TRGamer8
13-11-09, 14:24
Have you noticed that she draws one pistol and the other disappears? look klick-me (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41112207@N02/4041317776/)

Never noticed that before :p

Luka_Aveiro
13-11-09, 20:22
LOL @ thread, cuz OP didn't know that you should keep your bike accelerating using your right hand in order to simply move.

Thread fail.

lcaddict
20-11-09, 06:44

Well, in the cinematic when she jumps of the big truck in Anya's car, she takes out the guns, but they are still in the holsters! How weird is that?

Rachie737
21-11-09, 00:00
LOL @ thread, cuz OP didn't know that you should keep your bike accelerating using your right hand in order to simply move.

Thread fail.

That's exactly what I was going to say. You have to use the right hand to keep the bike accelerating, the left for braking. She just shoots with the left hand so she's still rolling.

In AoD, Lara always uses her right hand to pick up things, hold her gun, pull switches, etc. In Underworld, Lara uses her right hand to hold her camera. In Legend and Anniversary, Lara uses her right hand to throw the grapple. Lara is more probably a righty. :o Sorry.

jfjeep26
21-11-09, 03:35
good point oh well at least I tried :D

lara c. fan
24-11-09, 17:59
maybe she's ambidextrous :ton: